Russia Invades Ukraine

Greenbank2

Jeffros Furios
34 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

tbf the post malinga was quoting said no quarter should be given to the encurcled russian soldiers, suggesting they should all be executed. i read it as malinga saying if ukraine did that it would be as bad as some of the things russia have done

There no way the Ukranians will act like the genocidal Russian cockroaches .

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yep. If they do not surrender or retreat. That's fair game. 

What about the troops that invaded Afghanistan and Iraq?

il Duce McTarkin
15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What about the troops that invaded Afghanistan and Iraq?

They weren't given much quarter either, iirc.

7 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

They weren't given much quarter either, iirc. 

Well, we didn't really bring watter balloons and watter pistols, ourselves.

Anyway, It's weird tho, our lads and lasses "Were doing their jobs", but the Russia's are just on a jolly. Double standards.

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

tbf the post malinga was quoting said no quarter should be given to the encurcled russian soldiers, suggesting they should all be executed. i read it as malinga saying if ukraine did that it would be as bad as some of the things russia have done

Thought it was clear enough and your bang on, that's how I meant it.

"Russian occupation administration evacuating from Vovchansk and Belgorod."

Thats another 250 square Km back in Ukranian hands.

Edited by Pap

4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Russians claiming to be "redeploying troops away from the north west to strengthen the efforts to liberate the Donbas" 

N1InMZv.gif

The silence is deafening from Russia just now.

Putin was firing folk left right and centre a while back for much less.

Good to see that Nato is preparing to send tens of thousands of top of the range winter uniforms for the soldiers. Cant underestimate how much that will help them.

4 hours ago, Pap said:

Izyum, confimed liberated. 

This is looking like the biggest Russian defeat since WW2.

???? You mean when they defeated the nazis???? 

17 minutes ago, XB52 said:

???? You mean when they defeated the nazis???? 

How is that a Russian defeat?

For example. The battle of Bryansk in 1941. They were defeated and lost over 100,000 men and about 500,000 captured.

Edited by Pap

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

No

When they suffered defeats in 1943

Or when the Brits got kicked out of France at Dunkirk?? The facts are that, without Russia, WW2 would have ended a whole lot differently. That in no way changes the fact that Ukraine are currently kicking the shit out of them

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Or when the Brits got kicked out of France at Dunkirk?? The facts are that, without Russia, WW2 would have ended a whole lot differently. That in no way changes the fact that Ukraine are currently kicking the shit out of them

I think you're getting your wires crossed to the point i was making.

1 minute ago, Pap said:

I think you're getting your wires crossed to the point i was making.

Read back your last few posts and you're right. Not got a clue what point you were trying to make so I'll leave you to it 

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Read back your last few posts and you're right. Not got a clue what point you were trying to make so I'll leave you to it 

Thank you. Much appreciated :laugh:

Remember when Johnson shouldn't resign because there was a war on?
Maybe Putin no longer has access to key Western intelligence
#Londongrad
NB not entirely serious but just wondering ...

I know that the Ukraine has access to top of the line Western weaponry, but let's take a minute to realise that they are going up against Russia, by themselves, and by all accounts currently slapping them up and down the place. 

A place at the top table of NATO is rightfully deserved I think (although that is a personal opinion). 

One of the main things to note here is that the Russian military is just a paper tiger. It's been said for years, but now they are actually proving it for all to see. 

31 minutes ago, XB52 said:

That the defeats Ukraine are inflicting on Russian forces are the largest they’ve been dealt since Nazi Germany was advancing into the USSR…

10 minutes ago, RobboM said:

#Londongrad

It's quite the thought. I'll give you that :laugh:

5 hours ago, Cruyff said:

That isn't what no quarter means. It means no pity or mercy. That doesn't mean that soldiers throwing the weapons down and putting their hands up should be executed. That means troops who do not surrender and fight back should not be let off. I'm sure Ukraine respects the Geneva convention and rules of engagement. Infact, they treated wounded Pow's. But that only applies to rank and file Russian soldiers. Mercenaries such as Wagner have no rights under International law.

No, that is what no quarter means, that there should be no prisoners taken, they should all be killed.

I think it's taken from quarters, as in where you're staying - no quarter given.

39 minutes ago, RobboM said:

#Londongrad

or it comes close after the mar a lago raid where documents were siezed from trump

51 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No, that is what no quarter means, that there should be no prisoners taken, they should all be killed.

I think it's taken from quarters, as in where you're staying - no quarter given.

So be it. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Without Russia?  Without the US would they have had the vast amounts of armour and weaponry to push back the Nazi’s?  Everyone helped each other in some way or another in WW2 enabling victories across various fronts.  

Just now, Debut 4 said:

Without Russia?  Without the US would they have had the vast amounts of armour and weaponry to push back the Nazi’s?  Everyone helped each other in some way or another in WW2 enabling victories across various fronts.  

Of course they did. Doesn't change the fact that, without Russia, WW2 would have turned out very differently. 

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Indeed. Although, as with many etymologies, we don't know for sure, it is thought to mean that the enemy were not to be taken as prisoners and given quarters i.e. kept in prison camps until the end of the conflict or a prisoner exchange.

13 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Of course they did. Doesn't change the fact that, without Russia, WW2 would have turned out very differently. 

Not disagreeing bud, but you make it sound like they didn’t need help. They of course had vast resources and military themselves but needed a lend lease agreement with the US to have overwhelming materials.  

The US was the major influence for the Allies in almost every Theater of War in WW2. 

41 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Nobody was debating this point until you slid in 2 footed, earlier.

A few posters have tried to point this put to you.

These defeats in Ukraine are the biggest defeats the Russians have experienced since some of their battles in WW2.

Edited by Pap

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

The Ivans took a few pastings on the way, mind. A bit like they are now. :jj:

il Duce McTarkin
36 minutes ago, Pap said:

Nobody was debating this point until you slid in 2 footed, earlier.

A few posters have tried to point this put to you.

You're far too polite.

Edited by Dirk McClaymore

22 hours ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

Who do you think you are kidding Mr Putin if you think ol Ukraine is done?

And for some light relief, 

Nearly made it which makes it all the more satisfying.

I saw somewhere that this is a few years old, and Ukrainian, but I couldn't swear to it

5 minutes ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

Mental film of a Russian tank exploding and of the tank commander's body getting propelled upwards and falling through a roof. He was standing on the turret when hit. Watch the 3rd video, it's a clearer picture.

Is that no a flag?

1 hour ago, Cade said:

None of the allies could have won the war alone.

That is why the alliance was formed in the first place.

Correct.    The process of obtaining that alliance between the three (UK, US and Russia) was an amazing feat of diplomacy.   We (the UK) had a significant stroke of luck when Hitler marched into France and decided that Russia should be the next  prize for his ego instead of trying to finish us off.  Turned out to be a German own goal in every respect.   

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I don't know why it has been marked as sensitive, it isn't. Merely abandoned Russian equipment. 

The warning might be for the benefit of putin 🙂

Jeffros Furios

And now the fat inbred savage Denis Pushilin is running like a coward .

Hopefully he along with Wagners and Chechens are caught and tortured .

il Duce McTarkin
7 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

And now the fat inbred savage Denis Pushilin is running like a coward .

Hopefully he along with Wagners and Chechens are caught and tortured .

:pleasing:

9 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

The Ivans took a few pastings on the way, mind. A bit like they are now. :jj:

Of course they did. More than 20 million Russians died during WW2, obviously not all soldiers in fighting, but the pure fact that they were not finally defeated led, in a big way, to the Allies final victory. Not got a clue why stating facts like this has rustled a few jammies last night. 

I, like any sane individual, welcome the sight of Ukraine finally taking back some of their territory and look forward to the day they get it all back, including Crimea 

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Of course they did. More than 20 million Russians died during WW2, obviously not all soldiers in fighting.

Not 20 million 'Russians'. At least 5 million were Ukrainian. 

Edited by Mikey1874

il Duce McTarkin
3 hours ago, XB52 said:

Of course they did. More than 20 million Russians died during WW2, obviously not all soldiers in fighting, but the pure fact that they were not finally defeated led, in a big way, to the Allies final victory. Not got a clue why stating facts like this has rustled a few jammies last night. 

Think you rustled your own jimmies tbh.

Anyway, the Ivans would've likely been out on their arse early doors were it not for the Arctic convoys. My uncle still has a hip flask that his old man picked up in  Murmansk. Bit of a team effort, WW2. A point which absolutely nobody on this thread has made any attempt to deny or refute.

Konrad von Carstein
37 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Think you rustled your own jimmies tbh.

Anyway, the Ivans would've likely been out on their arse early doors were it not for the Arctic convoys. My uncle still has a hip flask that his old man picked up in  Murmansk. Bit of a team effort, WW2. A point which absolutely nobody on this thread has made any attempt to deny or refute.

Nah, England wunnit on their own, hence 2 World Wars and a World Cup.

:greggy:

il Duce McTarkin
4 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Nah, England wunnit on their own, hence 2 World Wars and a World Cup.

:greggy:

Well it probably wouldn't have been won without them.

19 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Well it probably wouldn't have been won without them.

You could argue that the rapid collapse of the Anglo-French forces in the west led to Russia getting involved sooner than they had planned so Britain doing so militarily poorly played as big a part in the formation of a strong enough allied force as any of our military victories

Stalins army was not ready for war when the Nazis pushed in to their territories as they were still feeling the after affects of the great purge when they were attacked and an air of paranoia persisted with regards the legacy of the red army and the influence of Trotsky 

Once winter set in the Soviets were able to regroup and unite properly under a common cause …………. ironically the same common cause as that which is driving the Ukrainians on to victories today 

Once the Soviets started pushing back they were a United force because they saw their cause as liberation 

We should never down play the role of any of the allies bs the axis powers in World War Two even if motives for involvement were not aligned for very long

By the time the US and Russia got involved we were all but spent but had we not resisted early on then the US in particular would probably never have got involved ……….. a certain future President by the name of Kennedy was vociferous in his opposition to the US getting involved in fact as he had no real love of England through his Irish heritage 

Stalin recognised that in the future Russia would end up pitted against the capitalist powers of the west but the here and now was more important to him at that point in time and there was a common enemy to deal with