Russia Invades Ukraine

Greenbank2

28 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Claims of an assassination attempt on Putin coming in. Allegedly a bomb attack on his motorcade.

Some thing quite surreal about a poster with your username posting about motorcade assassinations 

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Sooks said:

I think so too but it has to have zero connection to NATO countries and especially the US

I don't think it would. It'll be a civil matter ,I'd imagine. 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I think so too but it has to have zero connection to NATO countries and especially the US

At the very least that is how it must be seen by the Russian public

36 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Claims of an assassination attempt on Putin coming in. Allegedly a bomb attack on his motorcade.

The first report of it I've seen was a tweet 12 hours ago.

This thread gives a bit more detail about the alleged attack.

Edited by Footballfirst

Russia trying their version of the Dambuster raid.

If the raid succeeds in its aim, then it is possible that it will cut off the escape route for Russian forces left in Kherson.

3 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

I do take exception on that final point. The EU didn’t export them. They allowed businesses to fill existing contractual obligations with third party countries. The UK did not have the manufacturing set up to do likewise. 

If you can show me where the EU signed away their own doses to others I’ll concede but it is an important distinction otherwise. Otherwise, it’s not the UK’s fault it had better contract lawyers. 

Governments export nothing unless they buy or make it in the first place, so that's merely pedantry.

The EU enabled the contracts that provided for third-country obligations. Those export arrangements were in accordance with EU law, and they were let go ahead even though the EU had the authority to block them.  Letting supplies go to other countries was part of the EU's expectations from the beginning, because that's how it rolls.  Japan got its first external supplies from manufacturering sources in the EU, as did Mexico (rather than from its next-door neighbour), as did the African continent.  A substantial percentage of the initial UK rollout was supplied by manufacturing plants in the EU.

On the other hand, a number of EU countries were, for various reasons, less willing than others to take up their share of EU-guaranteed supplies, and those supplies were diverted to other EU and EEA member states who were ahead of the curve.  That's why some vaccine doses went to (for example) Malta and Ireland rather than (for example) Romania and Bulgaria. 

As for contract lawyers, the EU secured better prices than the UK, and crucially secured those prices for all its markets, not just the big ones in the likes of Germany and France.  Even the AstraZeneca shot which was developed in the UK was bought at a lower price by Brussels.

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Could be disinformation. 

Grauniad story here about how the poor performance by the Russian military in Ukraine is negatively affecting perceptions of Russian clout in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Tajikistan. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/sep/14/former-soviet-states-eye-opportunities-as-russia-suffers-ukraine-rout?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

35 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Governments export nothing unless they buy or make it in the first place, so that's merely pedantry.

The EU enabled the contracts that provided for third-country obligations. Those export arrangements were in accordance with EU law, and they were let go ahead even though the EU had the authority to block them.  Letting supplies go to other countries was part of the EU's expectations from the beginning, because that's how it rolls.  Japan got its first external supplies from manufacturering sources in the EU, as did Mexico (rather than from its next-door neighbour), as did the African continent.  A substantial percentage of the initial UK rollout was supplied by manufacturing plants in the EU.

On the other hand, a number of EU countries were, for various reasons, less willing than others to take up their share of EU-guaranteed supplies, and those supplies were diverted to other EU and EEA member states who were ahead of the curve.  That's why some vaccine doses went to (for example) Malta and Ireland rather than (for example) Romania and Bulgaria. 

As for contract lawyers, the EU secured better prices than the UK, and crucially secured those prices for all its markets, not just the big ones in the likes of Germany and France.  Even the AstraZeneca shot which was developed in the UK was bought at a lower price by Brussels.

Considered reply and I did write my own.

Then thought we’re in the wrong thread for that so I’d rather not derail this one any further with it! 

Edited by BlueRiver

38 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Putin acknowledging Chinese concerns about the war publicly. 

Good stuff. 

Probably raging that all their back engineered Russian equipment isn't worth a sook and would face a similar fate against Taiwan. 

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, BlueRiver said:

Putin acknowledging Chinese concerns about the war publicly. 

Good stuff. 

You got a link to that story?

How tall is Putin? He looks pretty short standing next to Xi who being Chinese are usually pretty small. 

Is Putin the ultimate short man syndrome?

22 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

Considered reply and I did write my own.

Then thought we’re in the wrong thread for that so I’d rather not derail this one any further with it! 

Cheers.  I'm arguing, which is not the same as being right. :toasting:

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

How tall is Putin? He looks pretty short standing next to Xi who being Chinese are usually pretty small. 

Is Putin the ultimate short man syndrome?

the internet says he is around 5ft 7in

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

It's beginning to sound almost Nazi like, seems they're discovering mass graves dotted around, with over 400 bodies in just one of them. 

I have no doubt there will have been soldiers murdered by both sides. I also have no doubt that Russian soldiers/Wagner mercenaries will have killed a lot more in order to achieve their aims and make people fear going against them.

The pattern of mass civilian murder by Russian soldiers suggests they were confident of holding the areas not having to run away.

A confused strategy. The word 'defeat' must be in their thinking. 

Invade.

Forcibly deport all Ukrainian citizens.

Murder any resistance.

Repopulate with Russian settlers.

Hold gobshite "referendum" on joining Russia.

Claim this is all legal.

This is exactly what they did in Crimea and the parts of the Donbas they took in 2014.

This is how they operate.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Cade said:

Invade.

Forcibly deport all Ukrainian citizens.

Murder any resistance.

Repopulate with Russian settlers.

Hold gobshite "referendum" on joining Russia.

Claim this is all legal.

This is exactly what they did in Crimea and the parts of the Donbas they took in 2014.

This is how they operate.

Feels like Putin is at a crossroads now. If he doesn’t contest this Ukraine counter attack then he’s completely finished. He’ll be gone in no time. But if he does contest it, he’s committing Russia to a conflict they have no energy or will for.

This looks like the end for him. He’s completely ****ed it.

13 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Seen the videos of the recent gravesites being exhumed. Won't post it. Russia are a truly abhorrent bunch. 

Yes seen it on that Telegram channel , leaves you with a chilling feeling

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The Ukraine Government's response to prospect of a new 'peace plan'.

No way in the world Ukraine should agree to any peace deal, especially not one suggested by Mexico ffs. If there’s one country in the world that couldn’t control it’s own bowels, Mexico is it.

Burn the Russian scum out 

On 16/09/2022 at 20:15, Cruyff said:

Seen the videos of the recent gravesites being exhumed. Won't post it. Russia are a truly abhorrent bunch. 

Can't verify it obviously, but there is a video doing the rounds of a Wagner Company commander attempting to recruit Russian prisoners (rapists, murderers, the very worst) to fight on the front lines with guarantees of a pardon if they stick it out (survive) 6 months. 

You give these people a rifle and sick them on an undefended population, I can't imagine the horrors they will inflict, and the videos of the mass graves are already horrifying. 

For reference, Wagner Company is effectively the Russian version of Blackwater but a hell of a lot more ****ed up - and those ****ers committed war crimes in Iraq... 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Can't verify it obviously, but there is a video doing the rounds of a Wagner Company commander attempting to recruit Russian prisoners (rapists, murderers, the very worst) to fight on the front lines with guarantees of a pardon if they stick it out (survive) 6 months. 

You give these people a rifle and sick them on an undefended population, I can't imagine the horrors they will inflict, and the videos of the mass graves are already horrifying. 

For reference, Wagner Company is effectively the Russian version of Blackwater but a hell of a lot more ****ed up - and those ****ers committed war crimes in Iraq... 

That video is 100% verified.

Wagner go around the world on behalf of corrupt governments, rich companies and oligarchs sacking villages, raping, torturing, mutilating and murdering people. They're made up of the very worst of society. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/31/world/africa/wagner-group-africa.html

https://www.thedailybeast.com/wagner-group-accused-of-disemboweling-women-in-the-central-african-republic

55 minutes ago, Cade said:

Russia fires a cruise missile at the Pivdennoukrainsk nuclear power plant.

Missed the reactor by 300 metres.

:wtf:  they've gone totally tonto.

FFS

1 hour ago, Pap said:

Based on the location of Ozerne, it would suggest that the retreating Russians have adopted a scorched earth policy, or that Ukrainian forces have advanced into that area. If its the latter, then the Ukranians would have already liberated Lyman (not announced that I have seen) and are heading for Severodonetsk

30 minutes ago, Pap said:

Putin to address the nation now but there has been delays.

Think maybe full mobilisation is happening. 

Now as in tonight? 

Would be quite an escalation. Is there anywhere I can follow it? 

Edited by BlueRiver