Russia Invades Ukraine

Greenbank2

30 minutes ago, Pap said:

Putin to address the nation now but there has been delays.

Think maybe full mobilisation is happening. 

Waiting for the latest info

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Now as in tonight? 

Would be quite an escalation. Is there anywhere I can follow it? 

Edited by Mikey1874

35 minutes ago, Pap said:

Putin to address the nation now but there has been delays.

Think maybe full mobilisation is happening. 

There are options short of full mobilisation.

Already regions have started widening recruitment.

What does full mobilisation actually mean? They literally don’t have enough troops, or enough decent equipment to hold Ukraine a nation of 45million people.  They are already resorting to taking chips out of dishwasher to fix their old crap. 

tactical nukes? Would they go that far? 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

What does full mobilisation actually mean? They literally don’t have enough troops, or enough decent equipment to hold Ukraine a nation of 45million people.  They are already resorting to taking chips out of dishwasher to fix their old crap. 

If youre old enough and you can, have a rifle!

History repeating itself 

Just now, Jeff said:

If youre old enough and you can, have a rifle!

History repeating itself 

they can’t really believe that would work? They will lose 100,000 men.  

This war has proven the Russian military to be a myth. 

Desperation. 

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Or his advisors are trying to talk him down from something stupid.

Or he has fallen out of a window !

Jeffros Furios

If the poisoned dwarf wants to send 1000s of young barely trained  Russians to thier deaths so be it .

The citizens and those of influence in Moscow and St Petersburg  won't be happy to see thier loved one returning from Ukraine either dead or maimed .

It might finally lead to Russians demanding change .

il Duce McTarkin
13 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Or he's heading to his bunker😳

I know you jest, but if he's keen to avoid the domestic political fallout from a general mobilisation, then he's probably keen to avoid the nuclear fallout from the west's nuclear arsenal turning his country into a radioactive desert for the remainder of the geological epoch.

We have to hope that some sensible heads in his entourage engineer an opportunity to remove him before gets to that point.

24 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Or his advisors are trying to talk him down from something stupid.

hopefully one of them decides enough is enough and puts a bullet in his head 

4 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

I know you jest, but if he's keen to avoid the domestic political fallout from a general mobilisation, then he's probably keen to avoid the nuclear fallout from the west's nuclear arsenal turning his country into a radioactive desert for the remainder of the geological epoch.

We have to hope that some sensible heads in his entourage engineer an opportunity to remove him before gets to that point.

You're right of course👍

I can't see his allies and enablers and rich "friends" wanting to spend 20 years in an underground fallout bunker, this for me is why he'll not press the button.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
14 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

You're right of course👍

I can't see his allies and enablers and rich "friends" wanting to spend 20 years in an underground fallout bunker, this for me is why he'll not press the button.

I suspect his advisors and people around him are starting to ask themselves how severe the consequences will be for them individually if they back Putin to the hilt. Do his bidding only to see him get overthrown and you’ll be disappearing for a very long time. Plenty of them will be thinking about war crimes charges too, which is a very real threat 

1 minute ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Not if he's dead too.

indeed. Makes me think there’s a reason why there’s not been more  pro active movement v Putin 

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Because he's claiming it's a kind of regional issue he can't legally fully mobilise his army. This is a special mission he said, thus tying his own hands. He can't conscripts unless they agree - and lots are refusing to go.

He can't declare war because that's an admission of failure. 

Nukes ? 

No. 

Putin has really ****ed this up big time. He must have thought that Ukraine would roll over and allow him and Russia to invade them and Europe/nato to close its eyes to it. The misjudgement is monumental and I honestly think there is no going back. He either goes/dies or does something

so drastic that nato will have choice but to go to full scale war with Russia. Something I can’t see his countryman wanting. He will be dead soon IMO. 

8 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

If the poisoned dwarf wants to send 1000s of young barely trained  Russians to thier deaths so be it .

The citizens and those of influence in Moscow and St Petersburg  won't be happy to see thier loved one returning from Ukraine either dead or maimed .

It might finally lead to Russians demanding change .

From some of the news broadcasts I have seen to night, these young barely trained young Russians are saying aye fine , but we're no going anywhere.

6 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Putin has really ****ed this up big time. He must have thought that Ukraine would roll over and allow him and Russia to invade them and Europe/nato to close its eyes to it. The misjudgement is monumental and I honestly think there is no going back. He either goes/dies or does something

so drastic that nato will have choice but to go to full scale war with Russia. Something I can’t see his countryman wanting. He will be dead soon IMO. 

Your scenario is probably why on the news broadcasts here  all were commenting on Russias a communications  with China and China's preparing already prepared forces to make a move if required.

Just now, Sharpie said:

Your scenario is probably why on the news broadcasts here  all were commenting on Russias a communications  with China and China's preparing already prepared forces to make a move if required.

I forgot to mention Taiwan.

The Mighty Thor

The lunatic has announced 'partial mobilisation' and referenda in some Ukrainian states. 

He's also threatened 10 years fir 'draft' dodgers.

10 years or bring killed. Big choice. 

Interesting that the Russian soldiers already in Ukraine have had their contracts extended indefinitely.

Add this to giving guns to people who are now being conscripted against their will, I can't see it ending well for him.

He's also lost the support of most of his so called allies. It, looks like the last throes of the end of his life / reign?

29 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Oh yeah, now the fervent ScIndy supporters on here are moaning about the offer of referendums from central government... ;)

😂 in a bleak thread that made me laugh 

33 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Folk have been saying this since February. He's still here. Still calling the shots. He'll outlast Truss, that's for sure.

Internal opposition really needs a way of ousting him.

This.  The belief that Putin has exposure to some kind of internal transfer of power is sheer fantasy.  Even an organised forced removal is fantasy.

Should also be noted that this decision by Putin could mean almost 30 million males can no longer leave the Russia, until the 'special operation' is complete.

I guess we'll really find out if the Russian public have a backbone and will do something, now the war is directly affecting them.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I've got cheese in my fridge that'll outlast Truss

That. Is. A. Disgrace. 

Unless it’s domestic cheese then carry on. 

300,000 reservists to be called up.

If the elite troops, ordinary troops and various militias from Chechnya, Iran and Sudan have gotten their arses booted in Ukraine (losing over 50,000 of them in the process), then how are 300,000 even more badly trained and equipped reservists going to fare?

:kirk:

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Oh yeah, now the fervent ScIndy supporters on here are moaning about the offer of referendums from central government... ;)

😂😂 Give you that one

That's definitely an escalation and in terms of the Russian people it means its war. Russian people have a choice now.

More immediately the main likely outcome is another 50,000 dead Russian soldiers. 

2 hours ago, Cade said:

300,000 reservists to be called up.

If the elite troops, ordinary troops and various militias from Chechnya, Iran and Sudan have gotten their arses booted in Ukraine (losing over 50,000 of them in the process), then how are 300,000 even more badly trained and equipped reservists going to fare?

:kirk:

Indeed 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Bottom line - the West has to keep arming  Ukraine in a way which sends thousands more Russians home dead. That’s the thing which will do for Putin. Russian patience will reach tipping point

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

"Моя бабушка в Австралии внезапно сильно заболела."

Give her my best wishes. Does she know Cammy Devlin's gran ?

49 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That's definitely an escalation and in terms of the Russian people it means its war. Russian people have a choice now.

More immediately the main likely outcome is another 50,000 dead Russian soldiers. 

The referenda being held will result in Russia incorporating them into its territory .

Then when Ukraine moves against them putin will declare this an act of war against Russian sovereign territory and go all in .

That’s what I’d do

17 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

The referenda being held will result in Russia incorporating them into its territory .

Then when Ukraine moves against them putin will declare this an act of war against Russian sovereign territory and go all in .

That’s what I’d do

That's certainly the threat and strategy,  but in an attempt to bounce the west into persuading Ukraine to tolerate the annexations and to cease hostilities against Russian forces in those areas.

40 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

That’s what I’d do

Russia annexed Crimea as part of its sovereign territory back in 2014. The Ukrainians have already been carrying out attacks on sites in Crimea, as well as targetting sites over the Russian border. It won't change much, imo - it's just a PR exercise trying to provide justification for the war.