Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

scott herbertson

Some reports of Russian units negotiating to surrender on the West bank of the Dnieper near Kherson. Would be quite significant in terms of morale

Spokesperson of Operation command "South": some Russian units at Kherson frontline negotiating surrendering their weapons

4 hours ago, Pap said:

Just wow 😳

This is great viewing. The change in tone from some of the clips posted even a couple weeks ago on that same account is delightful. 

2 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Some reports of Russian units negotiating to surrender on the West bank of the Dnieper near Kherson. Would be quite significant in terms of morale

Spokesperson of Operation command "South": some Russian units at Kherson frontline negotiating surrendering their weapons

The arsehole in me wouldnt even want to negotiate. It would be drop your weapons or your bodies float home.

periodictabledancer
2 minutes ago, Pap said:

The arsehole in me wouldnt even want to negotiate. It would be drop your weapons or your bodies float home.

Bargaining chips to get their people back from Russia , including thousands of kids.

Otherwise, I tend to agree. 

Malinga the Swinga
48 minutes ago, Pap said:

Negotiation will save lives on both sides though. No point in sacrificing any of your own soldiers if it can be avoided, and you achieve your objectives.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I said this earlier in the thread but Russia have made at least one generation of enemies in Ukraine. Russian people, even those who were opposed to the war, are going to find it extremely difficult to live alongside the Ukrainians. This will lead to bigotry, victimisation and rising nationalism.

Putin deserves a bullet in the head

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Negotiation will save lives on both sides though. No point in sacrificing any of your own soldiers if it can be avoided, and you achieve your objectives.

Ukraine won’t negotiate over land now though. They‘ll want every inch and rightly so. Russia won’t concede it willingly 

33 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Of course, hence why i said the arsehole in me 🙂

29 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I said this earlier in the thread but Russia have made at least one generation of enemies in Ukraine. Russian people, even those who were opposed to the war, are going to find it extremely difficult to live alongside the Ukrainians. This will lead to bigotry, victimisation and rising nationalism.

Putin deserves a bullet in the head

It was posted earlier. But check the last few minutes of this. The smartish dressed guy is talking about this very thing.

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1569070513909022720?s=20&t=pLgZ9UlvRGBeBYSM3mxpxg

Sawdust Caesar
On 10/09/2022 at 21:31, Pap said:

Is that no a flag?

Yeah there is black pennant on the turret but it does look like a body falling through the roof, could be something else blown off the tank, I guess.

Explosions reported in both Belgorod and Rostov regions in Russia. Russians still smoking carelessly near ammo dumps, perhaps.

Military sources on the Kherson front are also indicating that some Russian units are negotiating surrender terms.

Sawdust Caesar
On 10/09/2022 at 21:30, Smithee said:

I saw somewhere that this is a few years old, and Ukrainian, but I couldn't swear to it

Quite possibly is. I have seen a few twitter videos of (apparently) Russians screwing up, like this one, the one I posted earlier and 2 or 3 others and every single time a post is made claiming it is a few years old and it is Ukranian troops in them. Maybe the Ukranians have dug out this old footage and are posting them to try and show up the Russians more than they already are. Or it is the Russian troll farm workers trying to deflect back the ridicule on to the Ukranians? My bet would be that they are of Russians but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
42 minutes ago, Pap said:

It was posted earlier. But check the last few minutes of this. The smartish dressed guy is talking about this very thing.

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1569070513909022720?s=20&t=pLgZ9UlvRGBeBYSM3mxpxg

The penny’s starting to drop slowly.

The most poetic thing possible now is for Putin to be humiliated and overthrown. The self-styled hard man made to look like an absolute gimp - his pain would be delicious.

17 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The penny’s starting to drop slowly.

The most poetic thing possible now is for Putin to be humiliated and overthrown. The self-styled hard man made to look like an absolute gimp - his pain would be delicious.

Humiliated on the battlefield

Begging bowl to enlist African / Middle Eastern soldier

Buying faulty equipment from Iran

Resorting to buy weapons from North Korea

Biggest battle losses since WW2

No objectives completed

50,000 men dead

30,000 injured (US estimates)

A Galvanised Nato

Nato Expansion

Losing absolute billions in future energy sales

Sanctions putting their country back at least 10 years.

Shiting it to declare war

Referendums "on hold"

Generals getting killed all over the place.

Dropping fag ends in multiple ammo dumps :laugh:

Re enlisting that fat general :rofl:

:jjyay:

Edited by Pap

11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Gainz 💪

Its going to get considerably tougher the further south they go. Proper dug in defenses. Can only hope that we keep getting the equipment to them. 

Without a doubt, they must be getting some top top intel from the US (and others).

Just now, Pap said:

Gainz 💪

Its going to get considerably tougher the further south they go. Proper dug in defenses. Can only hope that we keep getting the equipment to them. 

Without a doubt, they must be getting some top top intel from the US (and others).

Oh aye, the UK and US fly spy planes and drones over the black sea on a daily basis to pick up Comms and chatter. 

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Oh aye, the UK and US fly spy planes and drones over the black sea on a daily basis to pick up Comms and chatter. 

Fair point

But satellite and other information are provided. 

Ukraine though does pretty well itself helped by such as Starlink.

1 hour ago, Pap said:

Gainz 💪

Flatter land too. Much more difficult to sneak up on the enemy.

16 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Where does Putin go from here then?

I'm actually a bit more worried now than I was in the earlier weeks

He could declare war so he can start conscription but the blow to his popularity and support for their presence in Ukraine would be pretty devastating when young men start getting called up

I think he will be overthrown personally 

Just now, Sooks said:

He could declare war so he can start conscription but the blow to his popularity and support for their presence in Ukraine would be pretty devastating when young men start getting called up

It's the stubbornness of the guy that is pretty terrifying

3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

It's the stubbornness of the guy that is pretty terrifying

My biggest worry throughout all of this is the rumours that he is seriously Ill ………… he all ready seemed very unstable but if he is dying any way 

27 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Where does Putin go from here then?

I'm actually a bit more worried now than I was in the earlier weeks

Either withdraws and claims the special operation to be a success or, gets nasty, blows up a Nuclear power plant or drops a tactical nuke. 🤷🏻‍♂️

il Duce McTarkin
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Putin's not dropping any nuclear bombs, you frilly knickered feardy cats.

Correct.

He played the nuclear threat card early doors and had his bluff well and truly called.

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Putin's not dropping any nuclear bombs, you frilly knickered feardy cats.

He would have used the nukes at the beginning and saved a lot of Russian lives in the process if he had any intentions of using them IMO

5 hours ago, Pap said:

Humiliated on the battlefield

Begging bowl to enlist African / Middle Eastern soldier

Buying faulty equipment from Iran

Resorting to buy weapons from North Korea

Biggest battle losses since WW2

No objectives completed

50,000 men dead

30,000 injured (US estimates)

A Galvanised Nato

Nato Expansion

Losing absolute billions in future energy sales

Sanctions putting their country back at least 10 years.

Shiting it to declare war

Referendums "on hold"

Generals getting killed all over the place.

Dropping fag ends in multiple ammo dumps :laugh:

Re enlisting that fat general :rofl:

:jjyay:

Nobody likes a bully !!!! 😊

I don't think people can particularly predict what putin will do. People said at the start he wouldn't invade and he did.

I think the risk of losing could force his hand into something stupid.

13 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I don't think people can particularly predict what putin will do. People said at the start he wouldn't invade and he did.

UK and US intelligence were warning he was going to invade to be fair. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/23/ukraine-taking-uk-claim-of-russian-invasion-plot-seriously-says-adviser

There may even be more stretching back further. 

periodictabledancer
40 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

He invaded Ukraine in 2014.

He was already there. 

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

I'm in a russian FB group, just daft videos and what have you. I've kept away from the whole topic, they're just people like you or I. 

But it does get brought up, and they're not buying it any more. There were a few who had Z avatars at the start, but they're long gone, and anyone who does start the state media patter gets laughed down quickly.

It seems like a young group but of course I don't know the actual demographic. I can't help wondering how widespread that attitude is though, how aware of it the Kremlin is, and what it means for their decision making.

25 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

He invaded Ukraine in 2014.

He was already there. 

I thought it was clear I was talking about this latest conflict. 

52 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

UK and US intelligence were warning he was going to invade to be fair. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/23/ukraine-taking-uk-claim-of-russian-invasion-plot-seriously-says-adviser

There may even be more stretching back further. 

I'm sure you could find plenty saying he would but also plenty saying he wouldn't. 

Point being he is unpredictable and if he's getting the hiding reported even more so.

3 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I'm sure you could find plenty saying he would but also plenty saying he wouldn't. 

Point being he is unpredictable and if he's getting the hiding reported even more so.

Oh I agree but as much maligned as they can be I’d find UK and US sources to be worth paying attention to more than others. 

I don’t mean it as disrespectful to those nations at all but the intelligence capabilities of the UK and US aren’t to be ignored. 

28 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm in a russian FB group, just daft videos and what have you. I've kept away from the whole topic, they're just people like you or I. 

But it does get brought up, and they're not buying it any more. There were a few who had Z avatars at the start, but they're long gone, and anyone who does start the state media patter gets laughed down quickly.

It seems like a young group but of course I don't know the actual demographic. I can't help wondering how widespread that attitude is though, how aware of it the Kremlin is, and what it means for their decision making.

The thought of a 15 year jail sentence is off putting for most but the longer this goes on, something has to give. 

I think it will be one of those historic moments like a kind of Tiananmen Square that will really galvanise the people of Russia. God knows what it will be though. But they simply cant go on like this. 

Its mental to think that in 10 years in Afghanistan they lost just under 15000 soldiers compared to this.

With all the lies/propaganda they are spreading they are shooting themselves in the foot and backing themselves into a corner. "We've lost nothing" is the rhetoric they are going with in the past few days. Totally backing themselves into a corner.

And they wont use nuclear weapons. China will walk away from Russia for sure if so. 

Can only hope for a coup.

As Russia has not declared war, it cannot force people to accept their call-up papers.

They can moan about you declining or bully you into accepting but they cannot jail you for refusing the call.

At the minute, plenty people are refusing to serve.

Which is why Russia is resorting to Wagner mercenaries, Chechen heidbangers and other such irregular forces.

If they do declare war then they will be able to jail people who refuse their call ups.

And that is when civil disobedience across Russia kicks in.

People served papers would have two choices: 15 years in the gulag or a tour on the front lines being used as cannon fodder for western artillery.

Or leg it, or revolt to bring down the government and stop the war.

This is one of the reasons that Shitehawk Stalin hasn't declared war.

Mobilization would destroy their economy and living standards would deteriorate, leading to civil unrest.

Also, Nato would increase the weaponary to Ukraine to include offensive equipment. 

The next few weeks are going to be interesting. 

I hope for Ukraine and Russia's sake there is a coup. Unlikely though.

13 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Something really stupid means the end of Putin.

I'm sure he was only ever meant to be in power for 8 years initially, then became defacto leader when Prime Minister (?) changed the rules so presidency isn't time bound and rigs elections he'd likely have won anyway so that opposition doesn't gain a momentum.

He's an ego maniac who wants to be in power till death.  And I don't believe he wants to die anytime soon.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

You’d assume that Ukraine will hit brick walls at certain point in this counter attack. Russia will mobilise in certain areas, probably forcing a stalemate. 

In saying that, Russian morale must be woeful. Ukraine are fighting for something. I don’t most of the Russian troops feel any motivation at all - even less when they see Ukraine with its tail up

scott herbertson

Couple of missile strikes on the city of Kherson area - suggests they are softening it up to move in or pressure the occupiers out