***NON-HEARTS*** January Transfer Window 2022

BackOfTheNet

Just now, sadj said:

That bottom paragraph sums it up. Boyle does dive , Boyle does cheat however he was what makes hibs tick , he was also a matchwinner , BM could well reach that level for us but at present we haven’t anyone who has consistently done that for us since maybe Walker in his first spell. Just because an English club doesn’t buy him does not diminish his level within Scottish football. Saying Gino is better is just idiotic at this moment in time. When Gino has spent two three years as the first name on our teamsheet maybe we can revisit that discussion……  

And the Hibs love in continues, yep Boyle is a match winner alright 😂😂

Too easy. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• TheBigO

• jamboinglasgow

Just now, sadj said:

Hed be the scapegoat within the team for sure. Such is football supporters thought processes

Columbo has spoken. 

1 hour ago, lost in space said:

Todays game was always BIG. Now enormous - the fans will be even more furious if we lose, while Souttar not playing.

The same fans voting that he never plays for Hearts again? Fans will rightly be raging if we lose regardless of Souttar 

Just now, db211833 said:

The same fans voting that he never plays for Hearts again? Fans will rightly be raging if we lose regardless of Souttar 

Exactly. 

30 minutes ago, Tazio said:

A perfectly good thread ruined by one of the board’s experts at sucking the life out of a topic. 
A vampire of joy. 

We should all just be narcissistic and vitriolic 🤣 can you imagine this place then 🤣

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Columbo has spoken. 

Better to be Columbo of the thread than the Frank Drebin of it. 

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Ach , leave him to it , angry petulant wee child. Water off a ducks back to me his attempted insults. 

Just now, sadj said:

Ach , leave him to it , angry petulant wee child. Water off a ducks back to me his attempted insults. 

If you were never to quote me again on this forum, i certainly wouldn't lose sleep over it. 

Basis of the time i never quote you first i wonder why 🤔

9 hours ago, Tazio said:

A perfectly good thread ruined by one of the board’s experts at sucking the life out of a topic. 
A vampire of joy. 

A mood hoover.

8 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Frank drebin had a pretty good record of solving cases. Not that columbo never, just feel youre being a bit harsh on Frank here.

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Frank drebin had a pretty good record of solving cases. Not that columbo never, just feel youre being a bit harsh on Frank here.

Frank Drebin oot!

2 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Is Demetri Mitchell about to become the 2022 version of Faycal Rherras?

Really who cares he played about 3 decent games for is and has also been pish at other side's.That is one signing I hope Hibs make.

Ronald Villiers

Mitchell was left out of Blackpool's team and is believed to have travelled up to finalise his move to the tramps.  Their fans don't appear to be bothered.  He mustn't have improved since his last spell with us and has been injured again.  

11 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Mitchell was left out of Blackpool's team and is believed to have travelled up to finalise his move to the tramps.  Their fans don't appear to be bothered.  He mustn't have improved since his last spell with us and has been injured again.  

First spell with us impressive...second spell was the exact opposite...no idea how he has done since then but defo worth a punt for anyone just in case there is a player in there still...

33 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Me! Boyle,apart from his diving,was a danger. Mitchell doesn't scare me.

Ronald Villiers
21 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

First spell with us impressive...second spell was the exact opposite...no idea how he has done since then but defo worth a punt for anyone just in case there is a player in there still...

Yes, could turn out ok I suppose.  He just doesn't seem to have progressed since leaving us.  Blackpool have obviously got someone better in that position which has prevented him from getting a chance.

Ronald Villiers
4 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Me! Boyle,apart from his diving,was a danger. Mitchell doesn't scare me.

Me neither mate.  He'll be up against Atkinson who seems to have pace to burn and can attack and defend.  Mitchell was decent enough attacking but was posted missing far too often when we were hit on the counter attack.

Let’s not be arrogant about Mitchell. From the (albeit little) I have seen of him at Blackpool he’s changed his game, bulked up and is a more attacking player. When we played him at left back. Hibs is a place most player’s careers go to die, but I wouldn’t write Mitchell off just yet.

25 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Let’s not be arrogant about Mitchell. From the (albeit little) I have seen of him at Blackpool he’s changed his game, bulked up and is a more attacking player. When we played him at left back. Hibs is a place most player’s careers go to die, but I wouldn’t write Mitchell off just yet.

He hasn’t played 90mins all season for Blackpool.

Not only was he awful in his second period with us he was massively disliked in the squad  for his arrogance. 
This is exactly the type of signing we spent years going for under Levein and the reason we were awful for so long. Players who have had a short period of success in Scotland, no desire and no hunger.

Hibs have signed a player from Norway who hasn’t played for his team, hardly a top European league, a player from Norwich who has never played for his team, and been loaned to 6/7 clubs in 4 years, a player from Celtic who has a handful of games over several years because his brother was a success, it’s literally what we were doing for years. Scattergun approach.

Clarke has shown the desire to leave Arsenal to Ross County and has looked decent and willing to graft so he’s the only one I’d say has merit.

70 odd appearances at the age of 25. Currently playing for Blackpool having been god awful for us in his second spell.

Forgive me if I don't shite the bed.

Jean Louis Valois
56 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Not only was he awful in his second period with us he was massively disliked in the squad  for his arrogance. 
This is exactly the type of signing we spent years going for under Levein and the reason we were awful for so long. Players who have had a short period of success in Scotland, no desire and no hunger.

Hibs have signed a player from Norway who hasn’t played for his team, hardly a top European league, a player from Norwich who has never played for his team, and been loaned to 6/7 clubs in 4 years, a player from Celtic who has a handful of games over several years because his brother was a success, it’s literally what we were doing for years. Scattergun approach.

Clarke has shown the desire to leave Arsenal to Ross County and has looked decent and willing to graft so he’s the only one I’d say has merit.

I didn't know he was so disliked. He wasn't very good in that 2nd period with us

2 hours ago, Leisham38 said:

Blackpool are letting him leave because he’s not playing for them now, but he done alright in getting them promoted. I’m not saying he’s going to be a world beater, I’m just saying I’m not going to be dismissive of him.

56 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Blackpool are letting him leave because he’s not playing for them now, but he done alright in getting them promoted. I’m not saying he’s going to be a world beater, I’m just saying I’m not going to be dismissive of him.

This is sensible. He knows Scottish football too, thanks to his time with us, and so knows what he's getting into.

I think there's more chance of this going well for them than it being a total fiasco. But we shall see.

Have to be truthful and say i liked Mitchell, incl his 2nd spell where for me injury and misuse of his abilities were the issues

Hopefully he's lost any drive he ever had. You'd assume he has if he's going to Wristiesforafiver FC

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Have to be truthful and say i liked Mitchell, incl his 2nd spell where for me injury and misuse of his abilities were the issues

Hopefully he's lost any drive he ever had. You'd assume he has if he's going to Wristiesforafiver FC

I like him too. He was much better as winger than a full back. A wing back might suit him best but we didn’t use him there. 

scott herbertson

Had a long talk with a Blackpool fan I used to work with (he once got me to play for Blackpool against Rangers in the supporters club league in London at Wormwood scrubs but that's a story for another thread!) .

He phoned me up just for a chat - first time I've spoken to him for a couple of years. He  as quite surprised Gnando had performed so badly for us - quite rated him as slow but reasonably effective as a CF. Re Mitchell it was the usual 'can see there's a player there', was good in pre-season games but got injured and hasn't done much since. Similar to his spell with us. He did say Blackpool's current coach was the best they'd ever had and it would been hard for Mitchell to get back in. My mate has been involved in football administration (match secretary at a National League side)  so  would value his opinion

To be fair he was not exactly used in his favoured position 2nd time round here and had Levein as his manager . Not the only one he ruined whilst being with us.  He may well do very well there if used correctl

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

If they sign Mitchell (assuming he's a LWB as he didn't look like an effective winger or wing forward to me) they'll definitely be looking to cash in on Doig. Good luck with that! If that's their strategy - bring kids through and try to sell them after one year and replace them with lower league England players on what will be a good salary - it's not a sustainable one or one fans will typically take to. Fans connect with young players and if you're always trying to pimp them out the way Hibs do fans will feel disconnected to the club, which seems to be happening at Hibs. Gordon has made a lot of missteps. Lovely to see.

Edited by ToqueJambo

43 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If they sign Mitchell (assuming he's a LWB as he didn't look like an effective winger or wing forward to me) they'll definitely be looking to cash in on Doig. Good luck with that! If that's their strategy - bring kids through and try to sell them after one year and replace them with lower league England players on what will be a good salary - it's not a sustainable one or one fans will typically take to. Fans connect with young players and if you're always trying to pimp them out the way Hibs do fans will feel disconnected to the club, which seems to be happening at Hibs. Gordon has made a lot of missteps. Lovely to see.

I think the penny is dropping on Doig. Terrible first touch, seems to be knackered during games, poor defensively and offers very little going forward. File under Olly Shaw. 

Mitchel is a 7 or 8 player out of 10 on his game but more often than not somewhere between a 3 and a 5.

Really not fussed at all if he signs for the tramps tbh.

33 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Mitchell I'm not too worried 1 goal in 45 games for Blackpool hardly screams of something to be worried about

44 assists though. 

Not really 😕 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Would be wrong to ignore the fact that if he is brought on/coached well and gets some

consistency that Mitchell could be a pretty decent SPL player.

3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Have to say for the most part I thought Mitchell was 'meh'.

I remember an amazing bit of skill away to Motherwell though.

His first spell was decent as earned a couple of man of the matches but did fade. Second spell noticed more his poor defending. There was a rumour that we were only able to play him as a lb as looked

more like a winger. He played one game with garrucio at left back but don’t think happened again

Bazzas right boot
19 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Agreed. 

11 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Are we still deporting our crims out there then?

11 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Excellent. I’ll make sure when they play against Sydney FC to give him pelters. 

Pasquale for King

SSN reporting Brentford are interested in Hickey, £20m seems to be the figure they and other EPL clubs have been quoted from Bologna. 
Could be a big sell on fee heading our way 🤞

jamboinglasgow

Aberdeen sign a 20 year old Dutch striker, Vicente Besuijen from ADO Den Haag. Aberdeen are saying is was a very sought after player.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2022/01/24/highly-rated-dutch-youth-international-commits-future-to-the-dons/

Surprising to see this player is being given a 4 and a half year deal. That is a big commitment from Aberdeen.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Aberdeen sign a 20 year old Dutch striker, Vicente Besuijen from ADO Den Haag. Aberdeen are saying is was a very sought after player.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2022/01/24/highly-rated-dutch-youth-international-commits-future-to-the-dons/

Surprising to see this player is being given a 4 and a half year deal. That is a big commitment from Aberdeen.

Hopefully more Kastaneer than Overmars. 

On 21/01/2022 at 13:17, wentworth jambo said:

Didn't realise this either image.jpeg.166bb5c283e631fd25c0da10fd1f9e91.jpeg

I liked Rossi thought he was sold and was our best CB at the time.

20 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Looks like a good player. Comparisons to Steven Bergjwin (sp?). Lots of work to do on him though. Should actually be quite a good signing. Seems a bit of a random move to Aberdeen but then he has a direct link to MLS with Atlanta if he does well (or perhaps even if he doesn't!).