***NON-HEARTS*** January Transfer Window 2022

BackOfTheNet

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

His work permit is alright but is seemingly about 8 weeks away from being up to speed my workmate said he showed up two stone overweight.

All smacks a bit of Vanacek doesn't it.  Lots of social media from him, lots of fanfare from Hibs.  Turns up fat.  Murmurs of discontent.

In fact, a lot of what is happening at Hibs is reminiscent of a lot of the worrying stuff at Hearts both in the VR and Levein years.

Shame really.

If there's a catastrophic even like happened to us at the end of it all, no chance they're bouncing back like us either (ken that's a leap from a fat winger to liquidation!!!!)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• TheBigO

• jamboinglasgow

15 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Ron will be rubbing his grubby mits vociferously. I wonder how much of that will find its way into his coffers.

Until they repay the Scot gov loan they got I don't think he can take money out such as dividends

3 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Didn’t look 2 stone overweight last night. Was Hobos sharpest player from the bits I watched

He actually looked a bit of a light weight last night.  He was ok, but nothing special to my mind. Also keep in mind that they were playing at home against a League 1 team.  As usual thought the powers that be down at the Methadrome will be over eager for their media pals to portray him as some sort of super star - which he quite obviously is not.

11 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Until they repay the Scot gov loan they got I don't think he can take money out such as dividends

True, but there are other ways he can shake down some of the fee for himself. I wonder if some of his loans will be paid back in the first instance.  Not all so that he still holds all the cards as far as the Tranent Piggery and the Methadrome are concerned.

Bazzas right boot

Not sure hibs will miss Boyle as much as folk think. 

They'll need to change their style from punt it to Boyle and run after it, but that might be a good thing as they were too reliant on that and when it never worked they struggled. 

They Might struggle a bit short term as they adapt  but they will have money to add a few and overall they may be a better team from losing Boyle. 

Boyle is also heavily reliant on his pace, at 28 he'll be useless in about 2 or 3 years as most players reliant on pace tend to  decline quite rapidly. They done well to get that fee. 

I don't think they'll threaten us this season but it will be interesting next season, they'll Likley have a entire new team and different set up. 

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

They'll need to change their style from punt it to Boyle and run after it, but that might be a good thing as they were too reliant on that and when it never worked they struggled. 

They Might struggle a bit short term as they adapt  but they will have money to add a few and overall they may be a better team from losing Boyle. 

Boyle is also heavily reliant on his pace, at 28 he'll be useless in about 2 or 3 years as most players reliant on pace tend to  decline quite rapidly. They done well to get that fee. 

I don't think they'll threaten us this season but it will be interesting next season, they'll Likley have a entire new team and different set up. 

You aren't wrong in theory, SRB (or whatever it is now... BRB!).  BUUUUUUT looking at the setup at Hibs and their recruitment the last 12 months, would you be confident as a Hibby that they'd use any budget wisely?

Let's face it, their only assets were at the club before the current setup, which tells you something.  Every signing Hibs make is heralded, but Doyle Hayes to pick one?  I mean, erm.  That lad McKay, I had a non-Hibs mate who works in football banging on about how it was an amazing coup for Hibs last summer!  Come on, they're ALL bluster.  ALWAYS.

So while is it was us, we'd be thinking, right that money we can use very very well and get in maybe 2 or 3 players and be less reliant on that one guy (think Liverpool after Coutinho), I just don't see it at Hibs.

They have defenders who can't defend, forwards who are massively overhyped (Nisbet again last night!!!), and 25 CMs who are basically all meh.  I just don't see it, even doing my best to take the maroon specs aff.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, karipidis said:

This. Not playing regularly and Blackpool fans don’t seem overally fussed if he goes. 

Which is telling considering they loved Gnanduillet it seems 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆?!?!

1 hour ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Good, been hibs best player by a distance for the last few years.

More than happy for them to bring in Mitchell. Serious downgrade from Boyle.

Hobos in freefall if he goes.

Everyone seen last night how slow and ponderous Hibs are without the outball Boyle provides. 

Utter shite!

54 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Taking away Boyle's goals this season,  Hibs would be bottom 6. 

But it's a fair question. Under Jack Ross he was often anonymous because of the system. On his game he was the difference for them. 

1 hour ago, rory78 said:

Mitchell cares more about his clothing range than any football stuff nowadays 

Also being mates with Sir Rashy and Lingard 

jamboinglasgow
41 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

You aren't wrong in theory, SRB (or whatever it is now... BRB!).  BUUUUUUT looking at the setup at Hibs and their recruitment the last 12 months, would you be confident as a Hibby that they'd use any budget wisely?

Let's face it, their only assets were at the club before the current setup, which tells you something.  Every signing Hibs make is heralded, but Doyle Hayes to pick one?  I mean, erm.  That lad McKay, I had a non-Hibs mate who works in football banging on about how it was an amazing coup for Hibs last summer!  Come on, they're ALL bluster.  ALWAYS.

So while is it was us, we'd be thinking, right that money we can use very very well and get in maybe 2 or 3 players and be less reliant on that one guy (think Liverpool after Coutinho), I just don't see it at Hibs.

They have defenders who can't defend, forwards who are massively overhyped (Nisbet again last night!!!), and 25 CMs who are basically all meh.  I just don't see it, even doing my best to take the maroon specs aff.

I can agree with the view that sometimes you remove the player who the team has been reliant on goals and creating chances, it may balance the team and force others to create chances and goals. But as you say it requires players who can step up. Also removing someone who can make a difference in the game is something not easy to replace. What made Boyle so dangerous was his pace, but I dont see where that pace is around the team. Last night Hibs looked slow and I can understand why some compared it to Cathro under us.

I think Hibs do have some decent players but is it enough to counter losing Boyle, I am not too sure. Meuller is clearly a player they are expecting to make a difference, but at best he needs time to get up to speed (especially if has arrived too heavy.)  Their Norwegian player, when he comes, I dont know what kind of striker he is, is he someone who is really good a finishing hence the high numbers in the Norwegian 2nd tier, is he an all rounder? I dont know the standard of the Norwegian 2nd tier, but cant imagine it is better than the Championship so he may need time to develop. Ewen Henderson is another who is one to develop maybe not for now.

So Hibs are gambling a bit (like we did under Levein) on players. It could work out or could cause greater ptoblems.

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

That is 100% correct Nicola wants her dough off the clowns before frittering commences - They can obviously sign players and spend but no 400K Tom Farmer type payments in to trousers allowed 

23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Which is telling considering they loved Gnanduillet it seems 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆?!?!

The only comment I saw from their fans when we signed him was one guy saying he would score goals but was terrible with the ball at his feet. He was partly right.

Boyle must have won Hibs some points with his diving alone. He has been the biggest cheat in the league for a few years. No chance he was worth that, but teams in that part of the world have the cash to spend. 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

That Meuller looked ok.. but no where near as much of a threat as Boyle.. 

and not on the same planet as Barrie McKay

He looked ok, against league 1 defenders. 

Looking at Boyle's stats compared to Walker's Hearts stats, there's no difference.  Jamie Walker is not a £2.5m player, Boyle is seriously over rated.

2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Looking at Boyle's stats compared to Walker's Hearts stats, there's no difference.  Jamie Walker is not a £2.5m player, Boyle is seriously over rated.

Have to say though that when we played them, he was the guy who was going to do something.  He was always the one who had the capability to make something happen.  Actually a very good crosser of a ball, which was a tactic they used a lot when Doidge was scoring.

He's a decent player, but yeah they've done very well to get that money for him.

I'd say smacks of an agent being allowed to tout him around with a price on his head to see who'd bite.

Like, Hibs want/need the dosh, he'd be up for it too, so Mr Agent, can you see if anyone in Middle East or China will pony up...

Not really saying anything wrong with that, if they'd rather have the cash and think they've recruited to replace for a fraction it makes sense.  Outside looking in, they're weaker.  Their squad is all over the place from what I see.

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

The only comment I saw from their fans when we signed him was one guy saying he would score goals but was terrible with the ball at his feet. He was partly right.

I think a few folk put up comments from them saying we would love him, bit a cult hero there but just a useless cult here 🤦🏽

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Have to say though that when we played them, he was the guy who was going to do something.  He was always the one who had the capability to make something happen.  Actually a very good crosser of a ball, which was a tactic they used a lot when Doidge was scoring.

He's a decent player, but yeah they've done very well to get that money for him.

I'd say smacks of an agent being allowed to tout him around with a price on his head to see who'd bite.

Like, Hibs want/need the dosh, he'd be up for it too, so Mr Agent, can you see if anyone in Middle East or China will pony up...

Not really saying anything wrong with that, if they'd rather have the cash and think they've recruited to replace for a fraction it makes sense.  Outside looking in, they're weaker.  Their squad is all over the place from what I see.

The Saudi's would have noticed him when playing for Australia, and at that level internationally he can do a lot of damage against the likes of Taiwan and Vietnam. He'll be up against the Saudis in the final round of WC qualifying games, so they know all about him.

He'll trouser a big wedge of cash, probably score/create a fair number of goals and set him up for life.  Still seriously over rated IMO.  A fully fit and on form Walker, or Boyle, hmmm......

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hibs receiving £2.5mil for Boyle i wouldn't choose him over Ginnelly. 

He's pish. 

🤣

When do you stop slavering ?

Boyle has been one of the most dangerous forward thinking players outwith the OF for the past 3 seasons.

He scored the same amount of goals in one game v Rangers than JG has scored in 20 appearances this season.

You really know how make yourself daft.

kingantti1874
25 minutes ago, Tazio said:

He looked ok, against league 1 defenders. 

yep thats fair.. i think he comes from decent pedigree though so have to expect him to be half decent.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Taking away Boyle's goals this season,  Hibs would be bottom 6. 

But it's a fair question. Under Jack Ross he was often anonymous because of the system. On his game he was the difference for them. 

Time will tell. 

I'm unsure. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Oh, I'd not be confident. 

It could go sideways and fast. 

I'm just unsure if Boyle will be missed that much if they change the way they play and get a few in. 

The sit deep and punt it to Boyle tactic has to change now. 

That might not be a bad thing for them in the long run. 

45 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

It's good to see that Boyle's new team play in lovely maroon kits.

Joe Savage will be on the case immediately 

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Big change ahead. Guess the reserve league will be back.

the loan limit is for international loans (though FIFA have advised local FAs that they must do something.) So dont think you will see too much change here.

2 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

The Saudi's would have noticed him when playing for Australia, and at that level internationally he can do a lot of damage against the likes of Taiwan and Vietnam. He'll be up against the Saudis in the final round of WC qualifying games, so they know all about him.

He'll trouser a big wedge of cash, probably score/create a fair number of goals and set him up for life.  Still seriously over rated IMO.  A fully fit and on form Walker, or Boyle, hmmm......

Chinese/Saudi league transfers definitely an upside to signing Asian players.

29 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

the loan limit is for international loans (though FIFA have advised local FAs that they must do something.) So dont think you will see too much change here.

Also note "club trained" are exempt, so this means development loans in Scotland, I'd guess.  This is to stop Chelsea et al cherry picking the best late teens across Europe and having 26 of them on loan all over the shop.

FWIW, I sincerely hope the SPFL are talking about reserve or u23 league to be back next season.  Will be proper disgrace if it's not.

6 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Thats my understanding. Could be ways to circumvent it. Youd think hell want that paid back asap to start to get money flowing to himself.

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Dundee have signed Rudden on a pre contract 

So the JKB dream of Lafferty, Rudden and Cummings front three is truly over?

Milinkovic and Zeefuik it is then

16 minutes ago, Barack said:

I know one poster who'll not be amused by these developments...!

Saying that, the Championship will be a step up for him.

:notsure:

The Bannon Flick

Hibs apparently interested in Demi Mitchell…

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/demetri-mitchell-hibs-transfer-target-22823486?utm_source=football_scotland_newsletter&utm_campaign=hearts_live_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

Demi looked a great prospect in his first spell - albeit he was injury prone.

He didn’t look the same player in his second spell - again injuries cited.

Wouldn’t be overly worried if he signed for Hibs. Kingsley / Cochran superior players.

Zak Rudden was never going to be a target for Hearts and only an idiot would suggest such a thing.

2 goals in 3 months isn't great…….

58 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Zak Rudden was never going to be a target for Hearts and only an idiot would suggest such a thing.

2 goals in 3 months isn't great…….

Did i see bing n bongo having a love in over him

Not sure how much time Boyle had on his contract but if we sold our main player for that mid season I wouldn't be happy. Especially when you are only 4 points clear of being bottom 6.