***NON-HEARTS*** January Transfer Window 2022

BackOfTheNet

1 hour ago, Gershwin said:

I’d heard it was a set fee we agreed rather than a percentage. So I wouldn’t get too excited about the multiple millions coming in. 

Not that I think it’s 15% but I don’t think it’s a set fee either. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• TheBigO

• jamboinglasgow

WheatfieldWarrior
11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hopefully more Kastaneer than Overmars. 

Kastaneer is playing regularly for Zwolle in the Dutch Eredivise.  No goals or assists in 20 games, playing mostly as a CF will surprise nobody.

Couldn't score away to Ajax, both during or after the game.

8 hours ago, Gershwin said:

I’d heard it was a set fee we agreed rather than a percentage. So I wouldn’t get too excited about the multiple millions coming in. 

Hearts TV commentator and Joel Sked were on This Is My Story podcast recently and they both said 15%. I suspect the mention of six figures is probably the absolute minimum we can expect unless there's a cap. Would be the first I've ever heard of a guaranteed (eg.) £750k sell on being included as there's every chance they could sell him for less than that in the future if he becomes pish / injured / whatever.  It's always a percentage. 

Edited by Batistuta87

kingantti1874
36 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Think it’s structured as a percentage I.e 15% but it’s capped at £1m

why on earth would we have agreed to that

10 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Here's one for most random transfer of the window.

Jack Fitzwater to Newcastle. 

I heard Burnley and Stoke were looking at him the other day from a Livi fan at work.

7 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Kastaneer is playing regularly for Zwolle in the Dutch Eredivise.  No goals or assists in 20 games, playing mostly as a CF will surprise nobody.

I seen what you done here I like it 😂

12 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Niall McGinn to Dundee 

Edit. Sorry, already mentioned a page back 🙂

Just done a search on McGinn, He wont fit in well at Dundee, He's not been arrested, drunk driving, messaging 15yo kids or had a tag around his ankle when he has played football.  

The Treasurer

The first thing maloney said when he arrived was that all the players would get a chance before he made changes, since then he has brought in almost a full new team 

jamboinglasgow
Just now, The Treasurer said:

The first thing maloney said when he arrived was that all the players would get a chance before he made changes, since then he has brought in almost a full new team 

They are up at 6 new players so far this window. 

35 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Just done a search on McGinn, He wont fit in well at Dundee, He's not been arrested, drunk driving, messaging 15yo kids or had a tag around his ankle when he has played football.  

Yet…😂

5 minutes ago, nijambo said:

Yet…😂

😂

I tried digging deep was considering clutching at straws but nothing on him really clean. He seems to of actually been a victim got bullets sent in the post once. Won't fit in well at Dens when he finds out it was Charlie Adam who sent them 😂

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

They are up at 6 new players so far this window. 

They remind me of someone, ah yes, it's Hearts under Vlad ;) 

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

But if Hibs have a new person in charge of recruitment they'll want to make their mark particularly if they were appointed by and report to the owner.

Blackpool currently in league one.

The question is. Why are they prepared to let him go?

Personally I don't think he is a shite player. I do wonder why Blackpool are happy for him to go and why he is happy to join Hibs?

Probably worth bearing in mind that the hard deadline that is the transfer window, doesn't apply to free agents and Hearts have often made good use of that market in previous seasons, notably with Arnaud Djoum and Perry Kitchen.

The Old Tolbooth
7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Personally I don't think he is a shite player. I do wonder why Blackpool are happy for him to go and why he is happy to join Hibs?

Blackpool are top half of the Championship mate :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Watch much English footy 🥳

16 hours ago, indianajones said:

Dundee :rofl:

He'll be on decent wages as well. Think they will be the next team to go bust. 

Their recrtuitment is hillarious.  Is it just McPake getting in what he thinks are fitba players he can trust  - salt of the earth types - but in actual fact it's just a ragtag bunch of toothless washed up jakies?!?!

Is Strachan not there too or something?  Not that he's exacly progressive right enough.

Everyone they sign you think must be on a decent wedge too.  All pretty funny.

Thing is a lot of them were good players in their day and all still got abilitity, so they're kind of wily and could give you a game if on it.  How often though!??!!  Remind me of teams you used to get at amateur who were all right good players, but would end up just trying to kick you in the end cos they couldn't move any more!

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Not surprising at all. 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Probably worth bearing in mind that the hard deadline that is the transfer window, doesn't apply to free agents and Hearts have often made good use of that market in previous seasons, notably with Arnaud Djoum and Perry Kitchen.

Kitchen was one of the worst players I’ve ever seen and the fact the manager made him captain is shocking. 
Djoum on the other hand was a great player and badly missed in the season we were demoted. 

2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

But he did play for celtic so clearly has something sordid that Dundee could develop. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

😂

I tried digging deep was considering clutching at straws but nothing on him really clean. He seems to of actually been a victim got bullets sent in the post once. Won't fit in well at Dens when he finds out it was Charlie Adam who sent them 😂

Ex Celtic player, will fit in fine. 

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Kitchen was one of the worst players I’ve ever seen and the fact the manager made him captain is shocking. 
Djoum on the other hand was a great player and badly missed in the season we were demoted. 

Kitchen is one of the worst players you've ever seen???!?!!!!  You've either seen an unbelievable amount of players so you're categories are vast, or you've seen very very few players and they've almost all been very good!  I don't think either of those is the case however chief.  Slighty hyperbolic, no?

Kitchen was just fine, certainly wasn't very well used.  And a decent team - sitting in second - crumbled around him when Cathro was allowed bring in players with the ability of Sowah (TRULY one of the worst players I've ever seen at Hearts) and the heart of Tsolis, Choulay et al.

50 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Have you heard the reported wages Hibs are offering players just now. Their wage structure along with Aberdeens is at times double ours

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Kitchen is one of the worst players you've ever seen???!?!!!!  You've either seen an unbelievable amount of players so you're categories are vast, or you've seen very very few players and they've almost all been very good!  I don't think either of those is the case however chief.  Slighty hyperbolic, no?

Kitchen was just fine, certainly wasn't very well used.  And a decent team - sitting in second - crumbled around him when Cathro was allowed bring in players with the ability of Sowah (TRULY one of the worst players I've ever seen at Hearts) and the heart of Tsolis, Choulay et al.

I am glad I am not the only one who finds it mad to call Kitchen one of the worst players they have ever seen. As you say he was fine, started really well and was an important midfielder, but dropped off when not used properly.

20 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I liked Perry he kind of got Hearts and was not shy in learning more about the club and the city. You're 100% correct with Cathro and his crap he brought in 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Hahahahaha I’ve been a Hearts fans since 1972 and seen some shite, he’s up there with the manager as one of the worst. Awful player who refuses to take the ball off the back four, couldn’t see a forward pass and got a nose bleed over the halfway line. He could press and that’s it, a tiny part of why the team was second. 
Where do you feel someone of such limited should’ve been used? Apart from Neilson I can’t think of a worse player who captained the club. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Had a quick look over on Hibs.net.

Apperently Demi Mitchell signing has broken us.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hahahahaha yeah because we couldn’t have signed him obviously 😆

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahahaha I’ve been a Hearts fans since 1972 and seen some shite, he’s up there with the manager as one of the worst. Awful player who refuses to take the ball off the back four, couldn’t see a forward pass and got a nose bleed over the halfway line. He could press and that’s it, a tiny part of why the team was second. 
Where do you feel someone of such limited should’ve been used? Apart from Neilson I can’t think of a worse player who captained the club. 

I'm going to tell your boss you've been drinking on the job. 

Not even lunch time yet either 😂😂

29 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Ex Hearts players don't go to Hibs and become a success 😂 They join them for a reason, Their career is on a downward spiral. Going the other way is different Paul Hartley 😂 

16 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Liked Mitchell in his first spell, but that was back when we were so short on quality that anyone who could run or do a step-over stood out. Was really disappointing in his second spell. Wouldn't get near out team at the minute, potential attitude problem there as well. If that's the standard of player they're replacing Boyle with, they'll struggle to make top half.

You’ve said the key thing there. He wouldn’t get near our team. He couldn’t get a game when we were shite far less now. We know. They know (or they soon will) They have copied our catastrophic signing policy template from 3-4 years ago and they are paying big money for it. It’s unfeckinbelievable.

Heard from a guy at work today Queens Park have offered Jack Ross the managers job.

Dumpster is there I'm sure. Ross will be glad QP doesn't play it Hampden now his home record would be terrible if they did. 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

48 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Oooft.  Just don't think he was that bad is all.  He had energy and dig, yep kept it simple but was technically OK.  Nowt special, but when you think of some of the shite over the years, he's nowhere near it.

Robbie, he was a great servant to Hearts and kept his place in some very good teams.

I mean, Ozturk scored "that" goal and wasn't a bad player either, but he captained our club too remember.

It was all a bit of a weird time in truth.

Let's remember Mikey Stewart was our captain too was he not?  Again, maybe not techinically the worst player ever, but quite possibly the worst captain simply due to his attitude.  ie, he is, was and always will be a total welt.

Naisys Tackle
19 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You’ve said the key thing there. He wouldn’t get near our team. He couldn’t get a game when we were shite far less now. We know. They know (or they soon will) They have copied our catastrophic signing policy template from 3-4 years ago and they are paying big money for it. It’s unfeckinbelievable.

Mitchell did play more games in L1 last year than McKay and played a lot more for Blackpool than Woodburn BUT you are of course right, he wouldn't get a game and if he signed in any capacity everyone would be questioning* why and what is the point in bringing him back.

*probably wouldn't as it's all "in Savage we trust" but thankfully it's not came to that. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Oooft.  Just don't think he was that bad is all.  He had energy and dig, yep kept it simple but was technically OK.  Nowt special, but when you think of some of the shite over the years, he's nowhere near it.

Robbie, he was a great servant to Hearts and kept his place in some very good teams.

I mean, Ozturk scored "that" goal and wasn't a bad player either, but he captained our club too remember.

It was all a bit of a weird time in truth.

Let's remember Mikey Stewart was our captain too was he not?  Again, maybe not techinically the worst player ever, but quite possibly the worst captain simply due to his attitude.  ie, he is, was and always will be a total welt.

Neilson was supposed to be replaced by Tall but he wasn’t a RB. 
Ozturk was a decent football player but didn’t like heading the ball. 
Stewart is undoubtedly an arsehole but was a far better player than the others you’ve mentioned, as was/is the man that wasted a pound on him, it doesn’t make you a bad captain. 

Anyway we’ve veered off topic, I think we were laughing at Hibs earlier, now there’s a terrible captain 😆

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Neilson was supposed to be replaced by Tall but he wasn’t a RB. 
Ozturk was a decent football player but didn’t like heading the ball. 
Stewart is undoubtedly an arsehole but was a far better player than the others you’ve mentioned, as was/is the man that wasted a pound on him, it doesn’t make you a bad captain. 

Anyway we’ve veered off topic, I think we were laughing at Hibs earlier, now there’s a terrible captain 😆

Agreed!!

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

They do know he was useless in his second stint, right? 🙄 

Would we swap him for Kingsley at LB? Not a chance. 

MarkDevriesScores4

Demi had a few flashes of skill for hearts, nothing more. He’s not as good as what we have and like others were saying, if savage/Robbie wanted him, he’d be here. 

after watching hibs the other night, they need more than Demi. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Jesus what is your problem with Nielson? He wasn't a world beater but was a really solid right back, very rarely got beat despite having little pace and was strong in the tackle. There is little doubt that there were more talented players to wear the captain armband but very few who would have given more 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Jesus what is your problem with Nielson? He wasn't a world beater but was a really solid right back, very rarely got beat despite having little pace and was strong in the tackle. There is little doubt that there were more talented players to wear the captain armband but very few who would have given more 

My problem is he was an awful player for ten years who teams let have ball because he couldn’t do anything with it, the kind of player lauded by half of our support that has seen us under perform considering our status in the game. Players like him and guys like Halliday, good honest triers get you nowhere. 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

My problem is he was an awful player for ten years who teams let have ball because he couldn’t do anything with it, the kind of player lauded by half of our support that has seen us under perform considering our status in the game. Players like him and guys like Halliday, good honest triers get you nowhere. 

Apart from Europe regularly and Scottish cups 👍🏻

Edited by jamtartan74

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Na, Wattie Kidd, Neil Berry and many many more.  You need steady Eddies in your team to allow you to build.  These guys and Kenny Black, Roger Whittaker and more did their jobs and allowed  Robbo, JC, McKay get on with creatin havoc.  Really important is that and even the top teams have their version of them.

not everyone is Cafu, some of them are Gary Neville.  Or Bobby Carlos was brill, but so was Denis Irwin.

Robbie knew his job and he did it to a good standard every single week.  What is much worse is a player who has more talent or athletic ability wasting that with shit attitude and there have been way more of them than there have been Robbie Neilsons.

He was far, far from an awful player.  Football and a functioning team isn't all about silk.

Is GMS a better player than Devlin?  No chance.  Could GMS do things with a ball that Dev could only dream of?  Probably.  Is GMS more likely to beat 3 men and round the keeper to score?  Yup.  Who do you want to start against Celtic.

A good player can mean a lot of things.

Sorry for long reply, for some reason I've been locked out of Hearts transfer thread which is the only one I give a shiny shite about, so done all my typing on this one post I think!

bobby bombscare
3 hours ago, Gizmo said:

They do know he was useless in his second stint, right? 🙄 

Would we swap him for Kingsley at LB? Not a chance. 

Just mind, he played under Levein... Him playing LB means he was mist likely a right wing.... Think i could probably count on one hand the number of players that actually played their preferred position over the course of his catastrophic reign as manager. 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Na, Wattie Kidd, Neil Berry and many many more.  You need steady Eddies in your team to allow you to build.  These guys and Kenny Black, Roger Whittaker and more did their jobs and allowed  Robbo, JC, McKay get on with creatin havoc.  Really important is that and even the top teams have their version of them.

not everyone is Cafu, some of them are Gary Neville.  Or Bobby Carlos was brill, but so was Denis Irwin.

Robbie knew his job and he did it to a good standard every single week.  What is much worse is a player who has more talent or athletic ability wasting that with shit attitude and there have been way more of them than there have been Robbie Neilsons.

He was far, far from an awful player.  Football and a functioning team isn't all about silk.

Is GMS a better player than Devlin?  No chance.  Could GMS do things with a ball that Dev could only dream of?  Probably.  Is GMS more likely to beat 3 men and round the keeper to score?  Yup.  Who do you want to start against Celtic.

A good player can mean a lot of things.

Sorry for long reply, for some reason I've been locked out of Hearts transfer thread which is the only one I give a shiny shite about, so done all my typing on this one post I think!

Yeah I was a bit harsh on Halliday there tbh, he’s got more quality than Neilson ever had. 
Top teams nowadays don’t have those types of players, if you think of the teams thar won the cups in 98 or 06 Neilson is the only Journeyman who played. But then 2012 was full of them but obviously wasn’t a great team. 
Devlin is a quality player who will only get better as he gets older. 
I would query why you were locked out of that thread, as someone who has a bit of experience with this sort of thing 😱😳🤦🏽🤪