Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

A severe lack of ambition if he moves to one of the bigot brothers. 

I don't have any issues with him looking to move away from us to earn more cash, particularly with the injuries he's had, but a move to der hun will be a massive kick in the nuts to us, after the support we've given him over the last few years. 

If he does go, we should agree a transfer and let him go now. Can imagine they will try to low ball us so if so, I would let him train with the kids for the rest of his contract. 

If it's Botox, then a fee now or he sits in the stand for the rest of the season.  Don't even think he should be allowed to train with the team if that's the case. 

No doubt if that was the case, because he’s signed for them he'll still get called up for Scotland. 

Edited by colinmaroon

It’s a pure utter myth that moving to the old firm shows a lack of ambition. 

p.s get souttar to **** if he signs for them.

10 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

If it's Botox, then a fee now or he sits in the stand for the rest of the season.  Don't even think he should be allowed to train with the team if that's the case. 

No doubt if that was the case, because he’s signed for them he'll still get called up for Scotland. 

The move would certainly raise a few eyebrows, if it wasn't for the botox

31 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I suspect he has ambitions to win medals and play European Football. On that front it’s a no brainier for him,

A couple of poor games and those self entitled halfwits will hound him out the team. 

He will be a squad player within months , take that to the bank .

5 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

The move would certainly raise a few eyebrows, if it wasn't for the botox

😁

35 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I suspect he has ambitions to win medals and play European Football. On that front it’s a no brainier for him,

Playing European football and getting embarrassed/humbled in the Champions League (like always with the bigot brothers) aren't the same. If he wanted European football he could've got it with Hearts if we got third.

Fine, it's not Champions League or Europa league but realistically if no European teams picked him up by now at his age they wont start now. Hickey got picked up by a good team and he didn't get a sniff of European footie.

2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Sand dunes 7 days a week.

see I was thinking no need to train and have some free pies!! Could arrive there sporting the full Vanecek...

8 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

see I was thinking no need to train and have some free pies!! Could arrive there sporting the full Vanecek...

That'd be just as good :laugh:

I am sure he still lives in Arbroath so some daily commute to Glasgow if he signs for them for the benefit of his family. I think that he will move to Blackburn as he is a quiet guy and wants a quiet life which he won't get with Rangers. 

No longer active

The laddie can go where he wants. If he goes to Sevco then so be it. Okay he will get quite a reception if he remains playing or as back up from our fans, but in all honesty I am sure his skin will be thick enough to cope with that.

I would have him on the bench mostly and use him as we need him. I would probably not play him against Sevco unless we really have to. He is a professional - he will honour his contract and it is in his own best interest to play well if he wants any chance at playing in Qatar next year.

The fans that think he owes us something don't understand that everyone is out to get the best deal they can. He has decided to leave, which is his right. There are lots of players who leave us for pastures new and when they return they get the treatment from the fans. It all just adds to the atmosphere! Gordon returned to us because it suits him and he loves the club; rest assured he wouldn't be with us if he was 5 years younger and could earn bigger wages elsewhere. The same can be said for other returnees Robbo, Rudi, Webster etc

JS and RN just need to scout a decent replacement or develop the blokes we have whilst trying to convince those loanees that Hearts is where they want to play next. I am sure they will achieve their aims - if not; we are Hearts fans and we always support the team regardless. I hope as always that we continue to be involved in all competitions at the sharp end of the season.

Edited by George Cowie

Naisys Tackle
29 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

Playing European football and getting embarrassed/humbled in the Champions League (like always with the bigot brothers) aren't the same. If he wanted European football he could've got it with Hearts if we got third.

Fine, it's not Champions League or Europa league but realistically if no European teams picked him up by now at his age they wont start now. Hickey got picked up by a good team and he didn't get a sniff of European footie.

Is that not like saying players will want to come to us to play European Football when it's really a couple of games then emptied?  Rangers are in the latter stages of the Europa League again, that's pretty much run of the mill European Football.  I don't think he expects to go and play for Liverpool. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
32 minutes ago, ramrod said:

A couple of poor games and those self entitled halfwits will hound him out the team. 

He will be a squad player within months , take that to the bank .

He won’t have poor games with them because he’s wimped out if he has as reported signed for Newco. He knows the league and he now will have no tough games. Going to the English league would have been a real challenge. He’s taken the easy route.

Fire_At_The_Disco

Boys injury prone and cost us money, I’ll guarantee you he’s back for a hefty spell in the treatment room before the years out.  

Fozzyonthefence
15 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

As long as we get the money I don't care. Just get it over and done with.

Is there any talk of any money from Rangers?  I just assumed it would be a pre contract to replace Goldson at the end of the season.   We’ll be lucky to get more than £100k if he’s M8 bound this month. 

1 hour ago, Squirt said:

If he goes to Rangers I hope both his hamstrings snap as he runs onto the field for his first start.

Tongue firmly in cheek of course. Love Soapy and I’ll always thank him for his efforts at Hearts, but if he does sign a pre-contract I’d want him to just go now. Id say freeze him out but that’s a bit too petty for me and will make other players think twice about their own future treatment by the club. 

We’ve dealt without him before plenty of times and I don’t want Hearts developing and strengthening a player for one of our rivals. 

Is what it is and I’d hold no grudges, always look after number 1 at the end of the day, yourself and your family. 

All just hypothetical for now however, but how many times have we been here over the years. 

If wishing to look after your family its not the best move to sign for either one of the bigots. 

He's got a business to run as well he might find his customer base has just reduced. 

Anyway him staying on till the end of season does no one any good. 

He'll likely end up getting dropped for shitting out of tackles then his Scotland place would be at risk. 

24 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Is that not like saying players will want to come to us to play European Football when it's really a couple of games then emptied?  Rangers are in the latter stages of the Europa League again, that's pretty much run of the mill European Football.  I don't think he expects to go and play for Liverpool. 

I guess the point I was (badly) making was; wouldn't he fancy his chances at carving a name for himself down south and possibly challenging for Europe with an EPL team on double the wages rather than try and fail at Europe and inevitably get replaced by one of the many "John Souttar level" players out there who are 20 years old (possibly sooner than expected since Rangers have the resources to replace a player like him, Hearts do not).

8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Is there any talk of any money from Rangers?  I just assumed it would be a pre contract to replace Goldson at the end of the season.   We’ll be lucky to get more than £100k if he’s M8 bound this month. 

Heard from a rangers boy I know it's £400,000 and is all but done. Absolutely no idea how much truth is in it.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If wishing to look after your family its not the best move to sign for either one of the bigots. 

He's got a business to run as well he might find his customer base has just reduced. 

He'll likely end up getting dropped for shitting out of tackles then his Scotland place would be at risk. 

I’m sure he’ll get paid handsomely if he moves to Rangers but probably get paid more at an English Championship club.  I do always think it’s the easy way out and a lack of ambition when an internationalist moves to Rangers or Celtic though.  Other than a few European games (they’re guaranteed that now since, if they’re pish they just keep moving down to a lower standard of European tournament), they won’t really be testing themselves by staying in Scotland.  English Championship is a better standard than our Premier and Premiership is just a different stratosphere.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Heard from a rangers boy I know it's £400,000 and is all but done. Absolutely no idea how much truth is in it.

That’s a lot more than I expected although iirc we got a decent amount for Lafferty in a January window even though it was an “undisclosed fee”. 

They just got ludicrous money for one of their reserve players mind you, although not sure how much of that is up front and £10m was needed to keep the lights on at Castle Greyskull until the end of the season.

49 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

The laddie can go where he wants. If he goes to Sevco then so be it. Okay he will get quite a reception if he remains playing or as back up from our fans, but in all honesty I am sure his skin will be thick enough to cope with that.

I would have him on the bench mostly and use him as we need him. I would probably not play him against Sevco unless we really have to. He is a professional - he will honour his contract and it is in his own best interest to play well if he wants any chance at playing in Qatar next year.

The fans that think he owes us something don't understand that everyone is out to get the best deal they can. He has decided to leave, which is his right. There are lots of players who leave us for pastures new and when they return they get the treatment from the fans. It all just adds to the atmosphere! Gordon returned to us because it suits him and he loves the club; rest assured he wouldn't be with us if he was 5 years younger and could earn bigger wages elsewhere. The same can be said for other returnees Robbo, Rudi, Webster etc

JS and RN just need to scout a decent replacement or develop the blokes we have whilst trying to convince those loanees that Hearts is where they want to play next. I am sure they will achieve their aims - if not; we are Hearts fans and we always support the team regardless. I hope as always that we continue to be involved in all competitions at the sharp end of the season.

That’s far too reasonable a post for here 😊.

it’s difficult to separate the emotion from this situation however.

As fans, we’ve all invested our emotional wellbeing into Hearts and we tend to be resentful at players who fall short of our commitment. 
As you say though, it’s understandable, if painful, if a player wants to earn more money elsewhere.

Hopefully, the Ibrox-bound talk is just another attempt by a dutiful Scottish media to churn out their usual litany of feel-good yarns for the Grizzlies.

1 hour ago, jimbojambo said:

I am sure he still lives in Arbroath so some daily commute to Glasgow if he signs for them for the benefit of his family. I think that he will move to Blackburn as he is a quiet guy and wants a quiet life which he won't get with Rangers. 

I think he lived in Rosewell after joining us, although he could have moved since then.

If he does go to Rangers this month, they will have punted a defender with less than 25 first team games for millions whilst signing an established defender and Interntional for a pittance.

Sickening if it happens

I would rather he didn’t join Rangers, but in his shoes it’s a no-brainer. From the experience he has had so far he knows that each game could be his last, so he needs to maximise his money & opportunities while he can. Rangers will pay similar money to English Championship clubs, but he has the opportunity of CL games against big Euro teams which Blackburn & Sheff Utd simply cannot offer. I don’t think games at Coventry or Preston are any more appealing than Motherwell or Livi!

Also if he does well at Rangers then there’s a chance of a move to the EPL - if it goes pear-shaped then the Championship will still be an option.

I hope the earlier reports of 500K and a sell-on for a January move are true, as that is the best deal we are going to get out of it. We then move on and find his replacement.

lost in space

If he does sign for huns and they want him now - imagine Daily Record headlines - "Soutts begs Gers to get him out of Tynecastle hell" or "Jambos refusal to release Souttar damages Scotland qualification" or simply "Jambo Jailers".

7 minutes ago, lost in space said:

If he does sign for huns and they want him now - imagine Daily Record headlines - "Soutts begs Gers to get him out of Tynecastle hell" or "Jambos refusal to release Souttar damages Scotland qualification" or simply "Jambo Jailers".

Well if nothing comes of his move, the record will be after you as a headline writer 👏👏

2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

It’s a pure utter myth that moving to the old firm shows a lack of ambition. 

p.s get souttar to **** if he signs for them.

I dunno, it reeks of big fish in little pond to me. Would rather win empty trophies beating sides with about 10% of the spending power of the huns than try and play at the highest level. 

It’s just all very poor from him. Down south and he’d have had everyone’s best wishes but this is very sour and piss poor from him. 

IMO the club should be as awkward to deal with as possible here. 

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That’s a lot more than I expected although iirc we got a decent amount for Lafferty in a January window even though it was an “undisclosed fee”. 

They just got ludicrous money for one of their reserve players mind you, although not sure how much of that is up front and £10m was needed to keep the lights on at Castle Greyskull until the end of the season.

Lafferty was sold in August 2018, great piece of business and got us £400k I think. 

If he goes there it really doesn’t bother me. He will be lucky to be a starter imo as the Neanderthals bay for blood and reading their forums they aren’t exactly that bothered about him joining.  
we live in a world were transfer fees are few and far between at our level.  Clubs end up lucky if they receive fees. Just like we score when signing the likes of a Beningame , we lose out when we lose a Souttar.

maybe I’m just old

1 hour ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Yearly installments over 10 years. 

Ex member of the SaS

Don't really know what to make of this, I find it hard to believe that any footballer would willing go there knowing their circumstances. 

In Soapy's case I would have thought he would show a little loyalty and go where the best deal for him and us could be made and I seriously doubt Sevco are it.

Should he go there for a pittance then we seriously need to rethink our strategy for looking after injured players, paying his wages for so long has not done us any favours.

Players have a short career and they have to get money where they can, however after such a long time out and being cared for by Hearts that has to count for something.

Souttar is really good friends with Naismith. That's the only reason I see him being interested in signing for Rangers. Maybe Naismith has been bigging them up to him?

1 minute ago, Gorgieshed said:

Souttar is really good friends with Naismith. That's the only reason I see him being interested in signing for Rangers. Maybe Naismith has been bigging them up to him?

Quite a leap. 🥸

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

That’s for him to judge and decide though isn’t it. In the long run what’s the right decision? Who knows. Certainly not me or anyone on here and really, either will be until he’s made the decision and seen how things pan out. 

It’s like burning a witch.

If he goes to them so what as long as we get something for him , I really don’t see what all the hoo hah is about he’s not even that good .How many times have other players have had to pull him out the shit week after week btw not just once or twice either, also injury prone to a degree where one wrong twist or turn and he’s ****ed that’s probably why at least he will be paid well while strapped to the treatment table , it’s a massive gamble by any club taking him We will not miss him we’ve signed far better in Kingsley and Halkett

1 hour ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Boys injury prone and cost us money, I’ll guarantee you he’s back for a hefty spell in the treatment room before the years out.  

Yes your right . He’s a China doll, the next injury isn’t far away . It’s best if he goes ASAP . He’s a good player but that’s it  , he’s not as great as people would have you believe . 

14 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

It’s a while since Naismith has played for them. I’d imagine he’d want Souttar to stay at hearts tbh. 

Let's not  kid ourselves here, for whatever reason you want, Souttar and his agent have tucked us up royally. 

If he goes to Rangers he can go and **** himself and I offer him no good wishes or success in his future career.

23 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

Nonsense. 

1 hour ago, jimbojambo said:

He commented on the Brechin cup tie on BBC and I thought that he said he lived locally? 

He belongs Luthermuir, a wee bit further north of Brechin.

Someone said lives in Arbroath, don't honestly know. I could believe that though.

My boss could tell me, but prefer to avoid talking to him.

5 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

****ing rat

Pot, kettle, black. Someone named Kyle Lafferty calling someone else a “******* rat”.  
only on here!😂😉

2 hours ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

As long as we get the money I don't care. Just get it over and done with.

Aye, i want some serious cash for him, will soften the blow of him going.

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)