Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

Naisys Tackle
15 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Your right. We’ll have to sign another CB either way because we can’t/won’t play him if Rangers leave him here till the summer to save half a mill.

Yep.    Might sound shan but if he doesn't go in January a phantom injury for a few months may be the way to play it but we will need another CB.  I would try get the boy who left St Johnstone but isn't playing for Wigan. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

52 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Even Aaron Lennon looked big that night.

I remember that too! I also remember walking up the barriers to get a look at them warming up and I looked at us and just couldn’t believe the difference in athleticism, looked like the Roman army vs wee boys ffs 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

5 hours ago, jbee647 said:

I’m calling shite on this

No way does the mother of an international football player have a season ticket for another team playing in the same country as her son

I’m certain she is almost certainly watching Hearts and Stoke on alternate weeks, no way she is watching Rangers, no decent parent would do that.

This article is 100%  bunkum 

Typical weegie nonsense 

I think it is true, I believe she has a Red Hand of Ulster tattoo on her arm and a King Billy on on her arse.

But like all readers of Hunbrox news, I would believe anything.

They are after Hickey also, should get him too, will only cost a couple of million from their Patterson bounty.....  (in their eyes), ****ing dicks

On 07/01/2022 at 20:02, ToqueJambo said:

It's shite seeing players go west, especially for nothing, but it's silly not to acknowledge that for players who want to live in Scotland and/or play in Europe and win multiple medals, securing their financial future for life at the same time, the OF is the only show in town. The worst thing is when they openly court the OF or play silly games to force a move, which Souttar hasn't, or they play as well as they did at Hearts but suddenly become superstars in the eyes of the press and automatic first-picks in the eye of Scotland managers. Wouldn't be surprised if the latter thing happens with Souttar if he moves west.

Spot on. Also if he goes to Rangers and does well he could bypass the English Championship and be bought by PL team.

5 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Younis Kaboul. An absolute monster of a man but hardly an ounce of body fat on him. 115 kilos of pure muscle.

Probably closer to 85kg than 115 but I take your point :lol: 

If we had given Souttar a 3 year deal in the summer and he then had got crocked fans would have went berserk. I say cash in now while he is fit and in demand as he could get injured in training tomorrow and would be a liability. I hope he goes to Blackburn and we get an EPL bonus when they go up. From Rovers point of view a million is nothing to invest now if it gets you up to the top league and £140 million bonus that brings. He's a really good guy and he deserves to make some cash for his future. 

7 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

I remember Tom Huddlestone coming on and thinking JESUS ****!!!!! Look at the size of the man!!!!!!  He was like a brick wall walking, well running past our players.

Huddleston came on as a sub in the Everton game yesterday and is now twice the size but like Fulton he was still pinging passes for fun. 

4 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

If we had given Souttar a 3 year deal in the summer and he then had got crocked fans would have went berserk. I say cash in now while he is fit and in demand as he could get injured in training tomorrow and would be a liability. I hope he goes to Blackburn and we get an EPL bonus when they go up. From Rovers point of view a million is nothing to invest now if it gets you up to the top league and £140 million bonus that brings. He's a really good guy and he deserves to make some cash for his future. 

Unless its to the current buns!! I'm all for cashing in if its anyone else outside of the spl that offers decent money but if he chooses to sign a pre contract with them, he can get fecked with his hope to move this window! would keep him until the summer.

Goes south , good luck to the guy 

Heads west , well if his injury(s) were to flair up again , wouldn’t that be a shame , not , especially as they’d be paying him a shit load of money for **** all

could he however turn out to be the new Slim by bouncing back and forward along the M8 ? 

If he signs a pre-contract with Rangers we should let him rot until the summer without selection. I suspect we’d take a piddly undisclosed £200k and he’d go asap though.

I’m behind the idea that he deserves his crack at a big money move with his injury record, but the club has also done more than enough for the guys career to not be slapped in the face by him going west.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

1 hour ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Bit of an of an odd insta post from him. Something about a green dress and coming soon

It's advertising another insta account/business.

6 hours ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Bit of an of an odd insta post from him. Something about a green dress and coming soon

don't read too much into an instagram post mate...

1 hour ago, gjcc said:

Nonsense. He’s clearly signed a pre contract for Celtics Women. 

Think you misread the post. I'm pretty sure it said "green dross" which means he's going to Hibs.

53 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Think you misread the post. I'm pretty sure it said "green dross" which means he's going to Hibs.

Is that not the same as Celtic Women?

Tynecastle Valhalla

He has a lot of ability for a defender but defensively he can be suspect and isn’t exactly mr tough guy back there commanding respect and putting fear into opposition strikers such as Pasquale Bruno.

he wants to go to England and there’s at least four big champ clubs that can pay him over £10 k a week and with money to pay hearts now.

good luck to him and hope we can negotiate a sell on clause

if he goes to rangers then that’s a different story !

the Hearts way
On 09/01/2022 at 15:50, TypoonJambo said:

I'd dress him up as Hearty Harry or get him one of those hang round your neck numbers and make him sell macaroon bars.

Wagon wheels too please!

5 hours ago, Armageddon said:

We've lost far better defenders and players than John Souttar, decent player, but he's hardly Maldini FFS.

Spot on. He will be replaced likethe rest of them were.

My old boss once told me if somebody wants to leave let them go. There is always somebody better to take their place. 

Good luck to him if he does want to go. A door will open for somebody else. 

4 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

My old boss once told me if somebody wants to leave let them go. There is always somebody better to take their place. 

Good luck to him if he does want to go. A door will open for somebody else. 

Maybe at Asda 

Not sure about football players

If you pay peanut's you get monkeys 

1 minute ago, saki jambo said:

Maybe at Asda 

We don’t pay peanuts though.

No longer active

I'm sure if he plays for Sevco against us then he will get a good reception from the stands

Edited by George Cowie

best in the land

Souttars not staying so I'd rather take money now and get a replacement asap. 

Hopefully savage has it lined up. 

If he doesn't go in January I'd let him rot and play moore instead. 

If he's going to rangers then i wouldn't be too sad if he got another injury. 

Bazzas right boot

In spirit with the initial thoughts when I started the thread, he might get a chance to say goodbye to the fans now.

Do you think he'll still be about, and if so will he play next week?

If he plays will he get a good send of?

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, saki jambo said:

Maybe at Asda 

Worked fine in "Madagascar."

Edited by Smith's right boot

On 10/01/2022 at 08:06, 3fingersreid said:

Goes south , good luck to the guy 

Heads west , well if his injury(s) were to flair up again , wouldn’t that be a shame , not , especially as they’d be paying him a shit load of money for **** all

could he however turn out to be the new Slim by bouncing back and forward along the M8 ? 

With previous injuries I expect the lad to take the longest and most lucrative contract available, if he stays in Scotland I genuinely expect him to sign for Celtic and not for the Champions .

As for your comment on his injury returning, have a word with yourself !!! 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

In spirit with the initial thoughts when I started the thread, he might get a chance to say goodbye to the fans now.

Do you think he'll still be about, and if so will he play next week?

If he plays will he get a good send of?

It's a fair question, things can change from now until then.    If we're expecting a transfer my answer is no.    If its just a pre contract then yes. 

Last question.   If he signs a precontract for Rangers I doubt he will be hearing a good send off from me, if I'm at the game.   Anyone else decides to rant near me  similarly, I won't disagree.    

All the best to him otherwise. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

It's a fair question, things can change from now until then.    If we're expecting a transfer my answer is no.    If its just a pre contract then yes. 

Last question.   If he signs a precontract for Rangers I doubt he will be hearing a good send off from me, if I'm at the game.   Anyone else decides to rant near me  similarly, I won't disagree.    

All the best to him otherwise. 

Yeah if he signs a pre contract for either the OF  he can gtf. 

Hopefully it does not come to that. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Alternately, if he signs a pre with the OF, there'd better be a seven figure sum with a sell-on clause coming our way.

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think all parties involved will know if he's signing for rangers it has to be this window. 

35 minutes ago, Largo said:

With previous injuries I expect the lad to take the longest and most lucrative contract available, if he stays in Scotland I genuinely expect him to sign for Celtic and not for the Champions .

You expect him to sign for celtic , but they’ve not made any contact ,however the manager /head coach of the “ champions” as you put has and that’s where he’ll head imo. 

I have no issue with him making money from his career

If the injury issue does flair up I’m aiming my ire at the club having to pay a shit load of money out , like they did with Prodan . 

**** the rangers/sevco and indeed the rest of them 

Edited by 3fingersreid

36 minutes ago, Largo said:

The Champions? Odd way to talk about one of the arse cheeks as we know them through here.

In the Championship in England he will earn more, be in the eye of the English media, and if he goes to the right club he will be playing in the Premier League next year.

And of course he won't be exposed to the Glasgow media's constant barrel scraping attention.

Heard tonight that he wants to stay in Scotland to be near his brother who is unwell.

If that's true it certainly puts a different slant an any move to Rangers, which now seems likely

Got a feeling  Hearts and Rangers are negotiating a sale price now as Souttar has made it pretty clear he won't be going their on a pre contract. 

When he leaves, he leaves, anything beyond that, how, what, where and why doesn't really matter a single **** does it.

As for wishing the guy an injury, deary me :cornette:

Jambof3tornado
On 10/01/2022 at 23:50, Armageddon said:

We've lost far better defenders and players than John Souttar, decent player, but he's hardly Maldini FFS.

This. 

He has missed 3 competitive fixtures this season and we kept clean sheets in them all. Him going is hardly the worst thing that could happen, but the club has to let him and Rangers know who is boss, after all we have supported him through recovery from injury and it is him rather than Hearts who owe the favours. Rangers have to cough up the dosh, big time, or else he stays and he plays because that is what he is paid to do. If his form is not up to standard then he is dropped, and out the window goes his World Cup chances. 

The Treasurer
12 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Better for all if he runs his contract down. 

So we'd be stuck paying an unmotivated player for 6 months and then get absolutely nothing for him at the end of it.

Not sure how that is "best for all"

I hope Soapy goes south, if only to get up the noses of the Huns, but if it is to be that  arse-cheek he goes to  we should take the money and negotiate a sell-on rather than keep him hanging around. 

His loss won't be terminal for our league ambitions either, even if we need to change our style slightly. We'll miss his long accurate passes more than his defending and we can adapt to that. 

Fozzyonthefence
14 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Alternately, if he signs a pre with the OF, there'd better be a seven figure sum with a sell-on clause coming our way.

If it’s a pre contract we won’t get anything, Hearts won’t even be required to be party to the negotiations. He’s free to talk to other clubs now about a summer move.

7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If it’s a pre contract we won’t get anything, Hearts won’t even be required to be party to the negotiations. He’s free to talk to other clubs now about a summer move.

Yeah I imagine John will want to move now for a number of reasons, but one being that he can get a fee for Hearts and some clauses for any future developments included. 

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Yeah I imagine John will want to move now for a number of reasons, but one being that he can get a fee for Hearts and some clauses for any future developments included. 

Rangers aren't going to give us a sell on fee for a player they will get for nothing in the summer.   They and Celtic have signed loads of players in our league on Pre-contracts and never once agreed to that negotiation. 

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

So we'd be stuck paying an unmotivated player for 6 months and then get absolutely nothing for him at the end of it.

Not sure how that is "best for all"

Motivated by his professionalism. Always appears to me to give 100%.

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)