Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

23 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Player leaves for a bigger club…….

It happens in our favour every single transfer window.

Of course it’s ok to be unhappy about it but for some to say this sort of thing puts them off football is just ridiculous.

My point is/was that they aren’t put off football when we take players from lesser clubs. We are quite ok with the system then.

I don’t disagree regarding being put off football. 😂

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

It's situations like this that turn me off football. 

The rest of us might as well just chuck it. 

If we are talking about doing the right thing for yourself and your family perhaps us fans should all stop stumping up for STs, spending hard earned to travel to matches, taking time off work to go to games and above all investing so much time and emotion supporting our heroes. Those heroes who don't even have the decency to fulfill their contract to the club that stood by them in a time of crisis before flashing their knickers at a hated rival. 

Just pissed off with it all now. 😕

The only loyal people in football are the fans. Personally I've never had heroes (I've had players I like, but that is different) and expect nothing more from them than that they do their best and they give the club the respect that it deserves. From what I can see the club appears to have been very good to Soutter in times of difficulty.

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

He is training with the rest of our squad as normal this morning.

Hopefully they are all giving him the evil eye. 

Kdh.gif

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

If we are talking about doing the right thing for yourself and your family perhaps us fans should all stop stumping up for STs, spending hard earned to travel to matches, taking time off work to go to games and above all investing so much time and emotion supporting our heroes. Those heroes who don't even have the decency to fulfill their contract to the club that stood by them in a time of crisis before flashing their knickers at a hated rival. 

How many players have left Hearts in your time ? 

Like me, it must be a lot. Hard to put a figure on it but many !

This is football post-Bosman. It's always disappointing but there it is. 

Look at any team for their longest serving player and it's miniscule compared to the past. 

Chuck it ? No, of course not !

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Souttar has been great for the club on and off the pitch. I can understand the move and hope he does well enough to get a move to a properly big club, but at the same time hope Rangers never win a game again. Calling him a Judas is childish though, and however joking the comments about hoping he gets injured etc. are, they're out of order. He's a class act and there's no way in my opinion he ends up being a Pressley and tarnishing his Hearts legacy. Some might say he already does that by signing for one of them, but that's not the way I see it.

I was in the "if he signs for them, then **** him" camp, but I've gone full circle.

IF we insert a proper sell on clause for him, then The Rangers is the best place to protect our potential future income.

Starting for them every week, winning trophies (or hopefully losing finals), playing in CL (or at least Europa) and maintaining a Scotland place will undoubtedly attract a huge bid in a couple of years, far more than if he was in a Blackburn or Stoke team not yet promoted. Lets face it injury free he is a gem of a player.

17 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Souttar has been great for the club on and off the pitch. I can understand the move and hope he does well enough to get a move to a properly big club, but at the same time hope Rangers never win a game again. Calling him a Judas is childish though, and however joking the comments about hoping he gets injured etc. are, they're out of order. He's a class act and there's no way in my opinion he ends up being a Pressley and tarnishing his Hearts legacy. Some might say he already does that by signing for one of them, but that's not the way I see it.

Yea, some comments are ridiculous. 

I remember when Alan McLaren went to Ibrox and it was a blow as, IMO, he was a better player than JS at that age. It was a huge blow for him having to retire at 27 as he could have went on to be an even greater player. 

I hope JS stays injury free and has a great career but with an obvious caveat that he has an off day every time he plays Hearts, if he does go there.

Edited by Boab

HeartsandonlyHearts

I don’t want him to play for Hearts again. Newco waiting until after the Celtic game also rubs me the wrong way. I would never wish him to get injured though. That’s taking it up a few notches to far for me. I just hope he plays $#!te for them.

Stevenage Jambo

Just looking at the stats (I realise there's alot of variables here), but he looks replaceable. Other defenders and the similarly injured Haring for comparison.

Games Wins Draws Losses   Games during Hearts career Played
Souttar 151 67 42 48   260 58%
    42% 26% 30%      

Halkett 87 44 25 21   108 80%
    48% 27% 23%      

Smith 158 74 40 49   204 77%
    45% 24% 30%      

Haring 76 52 18 23   159 47%
    55% 19% 24%      

Naisys Tackle

Been told from a decent enough source their side that they are expecting this to be announced tomorrow afternoon and trying to sort a fee out at the moment. 

6 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

It is amazing the snowball effect of speculation in the Sun, repeated by the Record, that he might have chosen Rangers.

I think it is designed to do three things:

Sell papers to Rangers fans obviously because they love hearing how amazing Rangers are.

More importantly, make Blackburn and Sheffield United think he has made his decision and they might as well look elsewhere and even withdraw their offer... which helps Rangers.

Unite the Hearts fans against Souttar so that there are calls for him never to play for Hearts again, when we could have him playing for us until the summer... which helps Rangers.

He might end up going to Rangers if he decides that is his best career move.  But why do we believe the tabloids, the same reporters who always link one of our players with the Old Firm in the run up to a big game?

True. The fact is that none of us fans know the score, and quite right too! For all we know, he might be staying, for any number of reasons.

The Souttar JKB chat has been sparked by an unsubstantiated social media bit of nonsense. Given previous transfer window crap spouted by those, and such as those, we, as fans, should really know better than to take it as gospel ... especially given that since Savage we've been pretty tight on info leaking out.

29 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Been told from a decent enough source their side that they are expecting this to be announced tomorrow afternoon and trying to sort a fee out at the moment. 

When you say their side do you mean rangers?

Bazzas right boot

**** it.

£500k + and I don't care where he goes.

Thank you and good bye.

If he goes down south , then I wish him well.

If he goes to Rangers, I get to call him a hun ***** and boo him next time we play Rangers.

win/win

All these posts about ‘understanding’, **** that. He’s joining a rival. Wish him the absolute worst. 

****ing vomit inducing shite. 

Had he been going down south he’d have went with everyone’s best wishes. 

42 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

With your track record I expect Souttar to sign an extension with us now. 

:clyay:

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

With your track record I expect Souttar to sign an extension with us now. 

:clyay:

Fair point and I hope so.  This from hun side though. 

48 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Sorting a fee out so 100k every year for the next 5 years and will fail to pay the last couple of payments. 

4 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

I'm surprised it's never discussed here, but Pressley did not tarnish his Hearts legacy, which is as shiny as it has ever been as far as most fans are concerned.

8 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

It is amazing the snowball effect of speculation in the Sun, repeated by the Record, that he might have chosen Rangers.

I think it is designed to do three things:

Sell papers to Rangers fans obviously because they love hearing how amazing Rangers are.

More importantly, make Blackburn and Sheffield United think he has made his decision and they might as well look elsewhere and even withdraw their offer... which helps Rangers.

Unite the Hearts fans against Souttar so that there are calls for him never to play for Hearts again, when we could have him playing for us until the summer... which helps Rangers.

He might end up going to Rangers if he decides that is his best career move.  But why do we believe the tabloids, the same reporters who always link one of our players with the Old Firm in the run up to a big game?

Indeed.   It's mostly regurgitated shite, source the sun,  passed down through the mouths of absolute imbeciles.   They then make another story from nothing.    

Even storys from down South are quoteing the record or the sun as gospel. 

:ahhhhhhh:

Edited by HMFC01

HeartsandonlyHearts

Going to the Championship and trying to help a team win or get promotion to the premier is a brave move. No team right now is guaranteed promotion.

Moving to an @$$ cheek pretty much guarantees winning trophy’s and European football every season. Not exactly a brave move or a challenge to his so called football skills. Chances are I won’t see him play against Hearts but if I do I’ll be booing him.

5 hours ago, Boab said:

How many players have left Hearts in your time ? 

Like me, it must be a lot. Hard to put a figure on it but many !

This is football post-Bosman. It's always disappointing but there it is. 

Look at any team for their longest serving player and it's miniscule compared to the past. 

Chuck it ? No, of course not !

Normally these things don't bother me. 

I think it's the fact of who he MIGHT be signing for. 

Cardiff Hearts

Sevco confirmed on good authority (family connection ). 

Fee / add ons being finalised but a pittance for a player of his potential / prospects.

No price loyalty in modern game - understandable but massively frustrating. 

4 hours ago, Stevenage Jambo said:

Just looking at the stats (I realise there's alot of variables here), but he looks replaceable. Other defenders and the similarly injured Haring for comparison.

Games Wins Draws Losses   Games during Hearts career Played
Souttar 151 67 42 48   260 58%
    42% 26% 30%      

Halkett 87 44 25 21   108 80%
    48% 27% 23%      

Smith 158 74 40 49   204 77%
    45% 24% 30%      

Haring 76 52 18 23   159 47%
    55% 19% 24%      

Pretty mediocre time overall at Hearts.

Obviously the injuries stopped him really putting together a consistent run. He went straight in team when he came to get games. I actually thought there were better options at the time but he was a major Levein project.

Really he is just still starting his career which could be successful.

He is important to the current team and helps us get 3rd if he stays. But we'll be okay if he goes. 

5 minutes ago, Cardiff Hearts said:

Fee / add ons being finalised but a pittance for a player of his potential / prospects.

How confident are you this is accurate?

18 minutes ago, Cardiff Hearts said:

Defiant Robbie Neilson has refused to give up hope John Souttar will stay at Tynecastle beyond the summer.

And he has doubled down on his stance that it will take a "crazy bid" for Hearts to sell him this month.

Souttar has been targeted by Rangers

Edited by Hearts007

19 minutes ago, Cardiff Hearts said:

What’s a pittance in £’s. Surely you’d have asked and been given an answer if you’ve been told this much. 

Naisys Tackle
21 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Defiant Robbie Neilson has refused to give up hope John Souttar will stay at Tynecastle beyond the summer.

And he has doubled down on his stance that it will take a "crazy bid" for Hearts to sell him this month.

Souttar has been targeted by Rangers

That is an old interview. 

I really don't want to see him in Ranger blue but that aside, if we don't get an acceptable fee, I don't get the "let him train with the reserves" takes.

We have him on contract through the end of the season. He's a good footballer and we can use him. Why put him in bubble wrap for Ibrox? Let him make tackles and win headers.

He's under contract to play football for us. As long as he's healthy, it's in Hearts best interest that he does so.

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

If he goes now I would be looking for a minimum 500k and a sell on clause 

Personally I think if we don't get offered around 500k we will hold onto him to make a point 

11 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Personally I think if we don't get offered around 500k we will hold onto him to make a point 

I rather think this is what is happening now. I think Souttar agreed to terms if Rangers could get Hearts to sell, and Rangers assumed we'd roll over for sweeties so tipped off their favorite tattler sheets that it was a done deal. Neilson and Savage came back and told them to up the price or GTF and here we are.

I'm thousands of miles from ITK but I do so hope after all this "Rangers win race" bit that Blackburn or somesuch comes in and skunks them with a proper offer.

the Hearts way

Apologies for (not) reading all the thread but and there is no buts.  SOAPY, "IF You go to the Rangers" ....feck yer achiles   they Weedgie B*******d's

wont look after you. 

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, Hearts007 said:

on daily record transfer page at 18.56 tonight

They obviously listened to the interview when it was available on Itunes etc then. 

Naisys Tackle
30 minutes ago, ramrod said:

It will almost certainly be an undisclosed fee.  Just so we can guess and both clubs can claim whatever. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

If he goes now I would be looking for a minimum 500k and a sell on clause 

Can’t see us getting 500,000. At least not from Newco. They’ll do nothing to help us. It’s not in their DNA. We might use the money to improve ourselves and challenge the duopoly. They don’t want a real challenge. Talk like that only comes out when they’re dumped in Europe then it’s our fault for them being weak. That and other teams having more money than them and that’s just not fair. Oh the hypocrisy.

11 hours ago, luckydug said:

What about when we sign players?  If that is alright, then it's a bit hypocritical, isn't it?

Players come and players go.  It will happen every single transfer window, to every single club.  It's up to us as a club to try and make it work in our favour and continually improve the squad when we do lose players.

No player is bigger than the club, and no player leaving will ever make me consider chucking it.  

Just to add to your point about "the decency to fulfil their contract" - Souttar is still a Hearts player, and still is fulfilling his contract.  He hasn't left, and he is still a vital part of our squad until he does go.  What exactly is he meant to do when there is interest from someone else?

7 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Can’t see us getting 500,000. At least not from Newco. They’ll do nothing to help us. It’s not in their DNA. We might use the money to improve ourselves and challenge the duopoly. They don’t want a real challenge. Talk like that only comes out when they’re dumped in Europe then it’s our fault for them being weak. That and other teams having more money than them and that’s just not fair. Oh the hypocrisy.

Yup. Both sides of the OF are utterly against offering anything worthwhile for players in Scotland. Lowballs and that’s it. It’s embarrassing. 

Remember the Walker situation? Christ getting £400k for Lafferty (or whatever we got) was impressive. Tight as **** when dealing with other Scottish clubs.

queensferryjambo
8 hours ago, Boab said:

Yea, some comments are ridiculous. 

I remember when Alan McLaren went to Ibrox and it was a blow as, IMO, he was a better player than JS at that age. It was a huge blow for him having to retire at 27 as he could have went on to be an even greater player. 

I hope JS stays injury free and has a great career but with an obvious caveat that he has an off day every time he plays Hearts, if he does go there.

I am sure Alan McLaren wrote a letter of apology to the Hearts supporters (possibly the Federation or maybe in a match day programme?) at the time he left thanking them and explaining why he left. The club was needing the cash for building the new stands at the time as well. We got decent money. Always admired McLaren as a player and even went to his Testimonial match vs Middlesbrough. He was / is a real Hearts fan.

I also have no issues with Souttar leaving, it isn't like he is a Hearts supporter and spouted off about being one either. Shame he might end up at Rangers, but he was good for us when he played and it's just the way football transfers go these days.

jambo-in-furness

When he pulls the Hearts jersey on he has my fullest wishes that he plays well and helps the club on our journey.

However,  if he pulls the Hearts jersey on and he has signed a pre contract with one of our rivals he still has my wishes that he plays well,  but there’s a wee devil on my shoulder saying “get a career ending injury you Judas”!

Going to be honest here, and I care little about what anyone thinks, but I’ll absolutely despise him if he goes to Rangers. I’m not comfortable with him going at this stage after all we’ve done for him but if he goes there he can go **** himself as far as I’m concerned.

If he signs a pre contract with rangers I’d want to make a point of making him see out his contract. 

Abuse etc is well earned as far as I’m concerned. Might make the next one think twice. 

Byyy The Light

Get the feeling he’ll regret leaving us given all the new contracts with the rest of the team. We’re building something great.

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)