Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

6 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

You're right, it would probably only put a small number of players off. Not sure these messages we think we send out mean much in the real world. Would him going to Rangers really send out the message that we were "put in our place"? 

I think at the end of the day money talks and if he is leaving in the next couple of weeks and the choice is England for free or Glasgow for £500k then I reckon he's heading West. Hope to feck I'm wrong though.

I don’t think it needs reinforced that rangers have more spending power and are a much more attractive club for a player than us but that doesn’t mean us fans want to see it proved by the signing of one of our star players. Put it this way, if we were signing a star player from Hibs or Aberdeen I’d be scoffing.

We’ll see what happens but I fear your scenario is pretty much how it will play out. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

It would be a horrible situation if Souttar signed a pre-contract with the huns and hung about tynecastle ‘till the end of the season.  Hopefully, if he goes to them, he goes this window. 

If he tries to pull that shit it might be time for Boycie to administer one of his trademark forward's tackles. 

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

It would be a horrible situation if Souttar signed a pre-contract with the huns and hung about tynecastle ‘till the end of the season.  Hopefully, if he goes to them, he goes this window. 

It has been reported that Soapy wants to move this window.  With his injury history that would be wise and it would give us something.

The weegie biased media are almost having a communal orgasm in drumming up The Rangers option (he won't move for money!!!???)

3 hours ago, Craig_ said:

If he tries to pull that shit it might be time for Boycie to administer one of his trademark forward's tackles. 

Invite brellier or bruno to a training session

Seems to be a suggestion Rangers can't match Blackburn and Sheffield United offers and wages.   Source ibroxnews.   Says the only attraction is playing in Europe, winning trophies, playing regularly.   Right enough, that's why Goldson is running his contract down.  

Edited by HMFC01

John Souttar reportedly wants to move to Rangers this month if he agrees a pre-contract deal.

The Hearts defender is currently weighing up offers from English clubs including Blackburn Rovers, Nottingham Forest and Stoke City.

Sheffield United are also interested in the Scotland international.

Rangers have made their move to try and land Souttaron a pre-contract.

And if they're successful, the Sunday Mail reports that Souttar wants the move to happen during the January transfer window rather than see out his deal at Tynecastle having agreed a switch to Ibrox.

A decision on his future is expected next week and it's thought a move to England is the 25-year-old’s preference.

That would be Hearts and their fans’ desired outcome as well, with any chance of him penning the deal on offer from the Gorgie club now gone.

But if he does end up accepting the offer from the champions, then Rangers would have to stump up a fee to get him to Glasgow early.

That would make life easier for Souttar, rather than endure an uncomfortable second half of the season before joining the Gers.

But Robbie Neilson is determined to keep his star centre back in maroon until May, regardless of where he sees his future lying.

Discussions are set to continue with a number of potential suitors this week, including Rangers.

The White Cockade
6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

John Souttar reportedly wants to move to Rangers this month if he agrees a pre-contract deal.

The Hearts defender is currently weighing up offers from English clubs including Blackburn Rovers, Nottingham Forest and Stoke City.

Sheffield United are also interested in the Scotland international.

Rangers have made their move to try and land Souttaron a pre-contract.

And if they're successful, the Sunday Mail reports that Souttar wants the move to happen during the January transfer window rather than see out his deal at Tynecastle having agreed a switch to Ibrox.

A decision on his future is expected next week and it's thought a move to England is the 25-year-old’s preference.

That would be Hearts and their fans’ desired outcome as well, with any chance of him penning the deal on offer from the Gorgie club now gone.

But if he does end up accepting the offer from the champions, then Rangers would have to stump up a fee to get him to Glasgow early.

That would make life easier for Souttar, rather than endure an uncomfortable second half of the season before joining the Gers.

But Robbie Neilson is determined to keep his star centre back in maroon until May, regardless of where he sees his future lying.

Discussions are set to continue with a number of potential suitors this week, including Rangers.

That’s a cracking article 

Starts saying he wants to move to Rangers then ends up saying his preference is to go to England 

Good that everything is cleared up now! 😂

WaikatoJambo
2 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Starts saying he wants to move to Rangers then ends up saying his preference is to go to England 

I think it's just made up stuff from Laptop Raenjirs fans in the media.  If he's got any sense he will go down to England for a few years of crazy wages while he's at his peak.  Sevco would probably still take him afterwards if he wanted "easy" silverware once he is past his prime, assuming Sevco haven't gone bust by then.  

jamboinglasgow
21 minutes ago, WaikatoJambo said:

I think it's just made up stuff from Laptop Raenjirs fans in the media.  If he's got any sense he will go down to England for a few years of crazy wages while he's at his peak.  Sevco would probably still take him afterwards if he wanted "easy" silverware once he is past his prime, assuming Sevco haven't gone bust by then.  

The papers are trying to playing up to the Rangers base, it provides so many stories for them to make out that he could sign and get every ex-player possible to talk about it.

I read the article as, his preferred option is Ibrox but only as a transfer deal not a pre-contract.

Stump up for Hearts or he will go down south.

The Grim Reaper
3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

I read the article as, his preferred option is Ibrox but only as a transfer deal not a pre-contract.

Stump up for Hearts or he will go down south.

I read it as his preferred option is down south but if he is to go to Sevco (signs a PCA), he would want to go now and not the summer. 

Edited by The Grim Reaper

Barney bulge

I’m starting to believe he’s going to end up at ibrox if he can get the move done in January even if it wasn’t originally his first choice unfortunately. 
if it weren’t for his injuries he’d be headed for England I think but may be saying to himself I can stroll it up here on big money against your Ross county’s, hibs etc rather than the much more demanding physical games on your body of the championship/ premier league in England every week. Where he might have more of a possibility of injury setback.which could finish him altogether.  
I remember the Tottenham game at tynecastle few years back and it was men against boys physically. Our players were just bouncing of them. 

Harry Potter
10 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

certainly confusing😕

His preferred option is Rangers, if he turns down offers from down south. 

Clickbait daily hun article clearly working.

Ex member of the SaS

Personally think Soapy should have a little more respect for us after how we looked after him. I know they have a short time to make money but many people don't make nearly what they do and still have a little loyalty to the company. Should he sign for Sevco I hope we don't let him move now and make him play with the reserves. A move down south is surely his best option anyway. Can't understand how players crave to play for them when everyone and their dug knows they are on a knife edge financially. The chances of them going bust is reasonable high and he could find he is out of options if they do fold.

Ex member of the SaS
2 hours ago, Barney bulge said:

I’m starting to believe he’s going to end up at ibrox if he can get the move done in January even if it wasn’t originally his first choice unfortunately. 
if it weren’t for his injuries he’d be headed for England I think but may be saying to himself I can stroll it up here on big money against your Ross county’s, hibs etc rather than the much more demanding physical games on your body of the championship/ premier league in England every week. Where he might have more of a possibility of injury setback.which could finish him altogether.  
I remember the Tottenham game at tynecastle few years back and it was men against boys physically. Our players were just bouncing of them. 

Don't watch much English football but always found it a more sophisticated game and much less physical. They don't seem to have as many rash challenges as we do up here.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Maybe I’m naive but I see Souttar as preferring a January move away as one which he sees will give Hearts the chance to make some money from him - a fee plus sell on. I don’t see it as a diss to the club.

Its commercially the best outcome for both.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

If he signs a pre contract with rangers we should run him into the ground for the next few months.  Hopefully hand him over with his chocolate legs knackered. 

Players don’t have loyalties  now it’s not about football it’s all about the money  ! They would play in in Timbuktu if the moneys right sad but  this is a fact they even don’t know what club they have their heart on playing for !  

If rangers are the front runners (which I suspect they aren’t as folk have mentioned above) just say fine if you want him now we want at least £6 million. 

if they don’t stump up and he just signs a pre contract with them, reserves for him rest of the season. My reasoning for that is - how committed is he actually going to be. 

3 hours ago, Barney bulge said:

When the Spurs team lined up with the Hearts team before the game….😳

Bazzas right boot
On 07/01/2022 at 21:53, No Idle Talk said:

I can only echo the sentiments already expressed by some others on this thread.

I like John Souttar. A lot. If he signs for an English club because he wants to make some serious money,  and he fears suffering another serious injury before getting the opportunity to do so, then he can go and do that. I will obviously be sad to see him leave Hearts but I won't have any ill will towards him. If he signs for Rangers or Celtic, that is a totally different story. I will be really pissed off if he signs for either of them. Maybe that's fair. Maybe it isn't. But that is how I feel inside.

I just hope he decides that England is the best place for him to take the next step in his career. I don't want to have any negative feelings towards big Soapy.

How I feel as well. 

On 08/01/2022 at 03:53, Walter Bishop said:

Aye, who's not tho! 

On 08/01/2022 at 09:17, Awbdy Oot said:

Not a great message to send though imo.

Come to Hearts but if you ever want to sign for another team that we don't want you to go to we'll put you out of the game for as long as we can.

Good point. 

Rocky jamboa

My reading of the daily record story, which has been replicated in the evening news, is that its "believed" Souttar would want to join rangers in January "if" they were successful in their contract offer for him.

So basically, they have no idea where he wants to go but putting 2 and 2 together, whoever he signs for, he would prefer to go now instead of at the end of the season. Which is hardly rocket science as he would be getting around 4 or 5 times the money he's on with us so of course he would want to start earning that now instead of in July!

I reckon he will end up at a top end English championship side, like Blackburn. 

17 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

When the Spurs team lined up with the Hearts team before the game….😳

Bale, Van der Vaart, Lennon and Krancjar vs Templeton, Driver, Black and I can't remember who else? :sob:

On 08/01/2022 at 03:53, Walter Bishop said:

I’m calling shite on this

No way does the mother of an international football player have a season ticket for another team playing in the same country as her son

I’m certain she is almost certainly watching Hearts and Stoke on alternate weeks, no way she is watching Rangers, no decent parent would do that.

This article is 100%  bunkum 

Typical weegie nonsense 

3 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

I’m calling shite on this

No way does the mother of an international football player have a season ticket for another team playing in the same country as her son

I’m certain she is almost certainly watching Hearts and Stoke on alternate weeks, no way she is watching Rangers, no decent parent would do that.

This article is 100%  bunkum 

Typical weegie nonsense 

I heard her ST seat is beside Taylor Moore. 😐

1 hour ago, King prawn said:

Bale, Van der Vaart, Lennon and Krancjar vs Templeton, Driver, Black and I can't remember who else? :sob:

Defoe

1 hour ago, waterboy11 said:

if they don’t stump up and he just signs a pre contract with them, reserves for him rest of the season. My reasoning for that is - how committed is he actually going to be. 

Wouldn't want that rubbing off on the reserves and youngsters. Leave him to pick up the cones and be ball boy for the first team.

1 hour ago, King prawn said:

Hearts

25 M Kello
J Hamill
26 M Zaliukas (c)
A Webster
D Grainger 
12 D Templeton 
16 R Stevenson
31A Mrowiec 
I Black
11 A Driver 
15 J Sutton 
Substitutes
30 J MacDonald
E Jonsson
10 S Elliott 
13 D Obua  
17 R McGowan
18 A Novikovas
19 R Skacel 

Tottenham

H Gomes
28 K Walker
20 M Dawson (c)
Y Kaboul 
32 B Assou-Ekotto
A Lennon 
29  Livermore 
21 N Kranjcar
G Bale 
11 R van der Vaart 
18 J Defoe 
Substitutes
24 B Friedel
T Huddlestone 
R Pavlyuchenko 
19 S Bassong
22 V Corluka
31 A Townsend 
23 C Cudicini

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, waterboy11 said:

If rangers are the front runners (which I suspect they aren’t as folk have mentioned above) just say fine if you want him now we want at least £6 million. 

He's definitely leaving so I also hope he stays to the end of the season. We'l be looking for a CB for sure, whether to arrive immediately or in summer. In the meantime we do have cover across the backline, especially for a back 3.

I don't agree about players who sign pre-contracts not being committed. It doesn't do Soapy or any player any good at all to play shite after signing a pre-contract. He'll be wanting to prove to the fans and manager of the new club that they've signed a good player. Plus it's just a dick move and Soapy doesn't seem like a dick. I don't remember Halkett being less committed after signing for us on a pre. He was better for Livvy than he was for us after arriving! Soapy's also got his Scotland place to think about.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Naisys Tackle

He's probably shitting himself about the abuse he would get signing a PCA with the huns and seeing the season out.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He's probably shitting himself about the abuse he would get signing a PCA with the huns and seeing the season out.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

That would be a stupid, counter-productive move from Hearts fans. But then we have seen that before many times from some of our fans.

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That would be a stupid, counter-productive move from Hearts fans. But then we have seen that before many times from some of our fans.

It would be yes, but its selling soul to the devil. 

The Goalscoring Knee
39 minutes ago, milky_26 said:
Substitutes
24 B Friedel
T Huddlestone 
R Pavlyuchenko 
19 S Bassong
22 V Corluka
31 A Townsend 
23 C Cudicini

Even just the seven on the bench that night would probably have turned us over :arry:

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, the Hearts way said:

Stick him on 'gardener's leave' keep him away from us IF he signs a pre~contract with the Huns. Feck um . HHGH.  

I'd dress him up as Hearty Harry or get him one of those hang round your neck numbers and make him sell macaroon bars.

132goals1958
On 08/01/2022 at 14:07, colinmaroon said:

It has been reported that Soapy wants to move this window.  With his injury history that would be wise and it would give us something.

The weegie biased media are almost having a communal orgasm in drumming up The Rangers option (he won't move for money!!!???)

Might also be reluctant to play a week on Saturday against a junior team who might have a couple of rugged individuals looking to make a name for themselves. 

Hectormasson
6 hours ago, Barney bulge said:

Remember spurs game well, it was embarrassing, men against boys right enough,  🙈saying that spurs would have hammered both of the arsecheeks similar,if they got them that night🤔🤔🤔🤔🙄🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Jean Louis Valois
23 minutes ago, the Hearts way said:

Stick him on 'gardener's leave' keep him away from us IF he signs a pre~contract with the Huns. Feck um . HHGH.  

Absolutely, If he signs a pre contract with that lot he shouldn't even be allowed to train with our 1st team for the rest of the season. If we did continue to play him I think he will be quite shocked with the reaction from our fans, However I still don't think he will sign for them.

Fitzroy Pointon
2 hours ago, King prawn said:

Who can forget John Sutton blowing out his arse ten mins in, face red as a beetroot while the Spurs players barely broke sweat. 

Heartsofgold
25 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Who can forget John Sutton blowing out his arse ten mins in, face red as a beetroot while the Spurs players barely broke sweat. 

I remember Tom Huddlestone coming on and thinking JESUS ****!!!!! Look at the size of the man!!!!!!  He was like a brick wall walking, well running past our players.

Edited by Heartsofgold

46 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Absolutely, If he signs a pre contract with that lot he shouldn't even be allowed to train with our 1st team for the rest of the season. If we did continue to play him I think he will be quite shocked with the reaction from our fans, However I still don't think he will sign for them.

That’s the tribal base nature of football he’ll have to take the consequences of. If he signs a pre contract for Rangers and doesn’t leave, he’ll get slaughtered by Hearts fans. Totally counter productive and we just wouldn’t be able to have him play even if we wanted to and he wanted to.

He can GTF as far as I’m concerned if he becomes a Rangers player, fee or no fee he is the enemy and I don’t want the enemy pulling a maroon jersey on

4 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I remember Tom Huddlestone coming on and thinking JESUS ****!!!!! Look at the size of the man!!!!!!  He was like a brick wall walking, well running past our players.

Younis Kaboul. An absolute monster of a man but hardly an ounce of body fat on him. 115 kilos of pure muscle.

Naisys Tackle
56 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

That’s the tribal base nature of football he’ll have to take the consequences of. If he signs a pre contract for Rangers and doesn’t leave, he’ll get slaughtered by Hearts fans. Totally counter productive and we just wouldn’t be able to have him play even if we wanted to and he wanted to.

He can GTF as far as I’m concerned if he becomes a Rangers player, fee or no fee he is the enemy and I don’t want the enemy pulling a maroon jersey on

This is why he will want as far away from Tynie if he agrees a deal in the summer.

He will sign a PCA next week and then they will bluff until the end of the window and bid shan for him or a player they don't want like Barker. 

willie wallace
57 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Younis Kaboul. An absolute monster of a man but hardly an ounce of body fat on him. 115 kilos of pure muscle.

Even Aaron Lennon looked big that night.

29 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

This is why he will want as far away from Tynie if he agrees a deal in the summer.

He will sign a PCA next week and then they will bluff until the end of the window and bid shan for him or a player they don't want like Barker. 

Your right. We’ll have to sign another CB either way because we can’t/won’t play him if Rangers leave him here till the summer to save half a mill.

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)