Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

The Treasurer
14 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Motivated by his professionalism. Always appears to me to give 100%.

Never doubted his attitude so far.

However (hypothetically) if he signed a pre-contract with sevco and we were to play them in the last game, us need 3 points for Europe, them needing 3 points for CL qualification.

Where do you think his loyalties would lie

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

However (hypothetically) if he signed a pre-contract with sevco and we were to play them in the last game, us need 3 points for Europe, them needing 3 points for CL qualification.

1 game. No brainer. Keep. 

The Treasurer
11 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Am I missing something, why are people saying it looks like he's signing for Rangers?

No direct quotes from the player or his agent but the sevco PR machine (or Scottish press as they are otherwise known as) have gone into full "dream move " mode to try and turn his head (if it needs turning)

The Treasurer
Just now, jr ewing said:

1 game. No brainer. Keep. 

If the fans turn on him (every chance if he heads west) it could be a disruption/distraction that the rest of the team don't need.

24 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Rangers aren't going to give us a sell on fee for a player they will get for nothing in the summer.   They and Celtic have signed loads of players in our league on Pre-contracts and never once agreed to that negotiation. 

Souttar has options. Heres the scenario: 

- 3 options down south at 30k a week

- Rangers 25k a week 

For Souttar to take Rangers offer, he says you must complete transfer this window, and deal must include xyz clause. 

Rangers could say nope, and risk Souttar taking option down south. Or fair enough but were taking 150k off your signing on fee.

With Pre contracts, the player holds all of the cards, I'm obviously looking at this from a Maroon point of view as I feel Souttar owes us a thank you for his development.

Brighton Jambo

If it’s true he’s signed for Rangers and they won’t cough up to take him now then he should be on the bench going forward.  Conflicting priorities, we need to start planning for life without him, and there’s no way his head is 100% in it for us.

Bitterly disappointing and shows such a lack of ambition on his part.  

I'm keeping my mouth closed until its officially announced somewhere credible.

Only places reporting it for now are places that, well, would.

He's a tube of he signs for Rangers, given the other clubs supposedly interested imo. That said, if he's the standard they're after then it does give me hope we can in time compete for the title though, so not all bad.

Hopefully we get a good replacement in.

Naisys Tackle
8 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

- Rangers 25k a week 

For Souttar to take Rangers offer, he says you must complete transfer this window, and deal must include xyz clause. 

Rangers could say nope, and risk Souttar taking option down south. Or fair enough but were taking 150k off your signing on fee.

With Pre contracts, the player holds all of the cards, I'm obviously looking at this from a Maroon point of view as I feel Souttar owes us a thank you for his development.

If he wants to join Rangers he won't give a monkeys about a percentage of any transfer fee coming to us and won't ruin his chances of joining his number one choice to do that either.

2 minutes ago, best in the land said:

If he's signed for rangers and not going now then id lmake him train solo and not play him.  

Sand dunes 7 days a week.

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

If he wants to join Rangers he won't give a monkeys about a percentage of any transfer fee coming to us and won't ruin his chances of joining his number one choice to do that either.

If he's been made clear in no uncertain terms that he'll be training alone and not playing if he signs a pre-contract with Rangers then I'd imagine he'll quite quickly see the benefit to leaving now and ensuring at least partially favourable terms are included in the deal for Hearts.

3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Possibly but Souttar is a good guy. Obviously putting himself first but wouldn't be suprised if he has Hearts in his concious when making his decision.

If reports are true his preferred choice is to go along the M8 to the rangers then he best leave today! Or he should be sitting in the stand and not kick another ball for hearts. 

23 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

If the fans turn on him (every chance if he heads west) it could be a disruption/distraction that the rest of the team don't need.

If he plays well it's not an issue. 

25 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Sand dunes 7 days a week.

Someone posted on FB earlier get him in to train with the reserve for the rest of the season. 

I wouldn't want him playing for Hearts until the end of the season if he has a pre contract signed with Rangers. Just don't know how the group of players will react and would question his commitment to Hearts in the last few months of his contract. Will he play against Rangers too. I'd just be happy to keep him away from the first team if this happens. 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

If he’s signed for rangers then they’ll try and sign him now and hearts will want him to go. It’s now about how much we can get for him.

Bungalow Bill

Rangers, Nottingham Forest or Blackburn. I’d be choosing Rangers over those teams. 

If he’s with us until the end of the season then he plays every game, no rests. 

The Treasurer
11 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Someone posted on FB earlier get him in to train with the reserve for the rest of the season. 

I wouldn't want him playing for Hearts until the end of the season if he has a pre contract signed with Rangers. Just don't know how the group of players will react and would question his commitment to Hearts in the last few months of his contract. Will he play against Rangers too. I'd just be happy to keep him away from the first team if this happens. 

I'd bring him on in the last minute against Auchinleck (if he not away by then) just to cup-tie him

7 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Rangers, Nottingham Forest or Blackburn. I’d be choosing Rangers over those teams. 

If he’s with us until the end of the season then he plays every game, no rests. 

Yep. Given his injury history the worst thing for him would be having to play every game. 

He must not be allowed to go to Rangers this window. If he is we just look small and weak. 

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

I'd bring him on in the last minute against Auchinleck (if he not away by then) just to cup-tie him

If he is indeed heading west then I’m sure it will be resolved a day or so before the cup game. Otherwise we cup tie him. We do hold the upper hand in negotiations at the moment as they know that any delay could see him move elsewhere either on a pre-contract or freedom of contract. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, lou said:

Is it wrong to think it would funny AF, if he got an injury toward the end of the season whilst playing for us?  Asking for a friend 

He shouldn’t play another game for us but if he does and that happens then 🤷🏾‍♂️

John Souttar's career if he joins rangers.

Joins in January and plays bit part for rest of season and gets league winners medal.

Rangers get champions League money and spend it on better defenders from Europe and afar.

Souttar spends next season on bench or not in squad scratching his arse.

Leaves rangers in Jan 2023 on loan to championship club he snubbed just now.

Plays remainder of season down south and is released by rangers summer of 2023.

Seen it all before with players joining the old firm he's not good enough to play in champions League.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Whilst Souttar on his day is almost as good as the top centre backs we have had in recent times like McPherson, Pressley, Webster, Zal and a fully fit Berra he is nowhere near as consistent as any of them. That means I won't be losing any sleep over his departure although going to that mob is disappointing it has to be said but signing up our other nearly out of contract players will more than make up for that. 

Another Scott Brown not willing to test himself outside Scotland is how it looks to me!

13 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

John Souttar's career if he joins rangers.

Joins in January and plays bit part for rest of season and gets league winners medal.

Rangers get champions League money and spend it on better defenders from Europe and afar.

Souttar spends next season on bench or not in squad scratching his arse.

Leaves rangers in Jan 2023 on loan to championship club he snubbed just now.

Plays remainder of season down south and is released by rangers summer of 2023.

Seen it all before with players joining the old firm he's not good enough to play in champions League.

Jack Simpson comes to mind. 

18 minutes ago, lou said:

Is it wrong to think it would funny AF, if he got an injury toward the end of the season whilst playing for us?  Asking for a friend 

If he never singed a pre contract for anyone and got injured in March long term would he be begging Hearts for a contract extension 

Can you imagine the reception from our crowd at home games, if he signs a pre contract with either OF and we keep playing him😄

4 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Had to look him up had no idea who he was lol

They signed him from Bournemouth had potential and played in the premiership for Bournemouth, Rangers and the fans made out they got some coup singing him, Never been seen for months. 

Just noticed that guy is 25yo and played 28 league games 20 for Bournemouth and 8 for Rangers at 25 you would be wanting to play a lot more than that. 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

Due to his previous injuries and involvement in national squad Souttar I think will really want this done now. I hope Hearts have told him he’s a place on the bench going forward at best if he signs for Rangers and only a 7 figure price will be needed to move now. It’s now all about what we can get. 

I really hope he goes down south with our best wishes. Turns into a whole other thing if he goes west. 

Let’s face it with a nickname like that he’s not going to last long in Glasgow. 

1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

- Rangers 25k a week 

No chance. He will definitely be on more money at Rangers of he signs for them. They pay more money on average than the majority of teams down south, even some EPL teams. Championship clubs do have the odd player on 50K-60K per week but the majority of decent players are on 15K per week. Theres no way a team from down south with make Souttar, an untested player at that level, their top earner.

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

I’ve been posting this for the past two weeks. Way to many conflicts of interest if he was signing for a bum cheek. Sorry but get him to **** away from the first team squad if he signs a pre contract. There is no way he’ll risk getting injured before June. If the want to buy him now that’s fine. Pre contract? No thanks. Let him train on his own. Don’t need players hanging around who are not committed to the employer paying them now.

If he signs a pre contract with them then keep him and play him every game of the season. If he happens to pick up an injury then tough luck. Rangers problem now. 

Can’t believe he doesn’t want a crack at England. 

Bit of a slap in the face to the club that paid his rehab continuously to then bugger off to a rival. 

From a footballing sense moving to Rangers is the best move for Souttar.

From a Hearts point of view……it’s a huge slap across the kisser.

We need to be smart here…..RN needs to tell Souttar his place in the squad is in jeopardy which rules out bonuses and any Scotland caps for the next 7 or 8 months. Then agree a fee for taking him on loan ruling him out of playing against us. We should also insist on a sell-on fee.

We are holding all the cards here with regards to his immediate future.

Glamorgan Jambo

Obviously I'm ignoring the huge cacophony of sycophantic drivel coming from the Sevco loving meeja.

The rumour about him only wanting to move to Ibrox if they bought him now came from somewhere. He, for the moment, has plenty leverage in his negotiations. He'll be able to say to der Hun I'll sign for you but only if you can work out a fee now with HMFC.

If they call his bluff he has other options. Options he would have jumped at as little as 6 months ago and if the clubs are Blackburn and Forest two clubs that appear to be well managed and run and in contention for the play offs this season.

Of course that's all speculation on my part. The worst outcome for us, and to an extent for him, is he's stuck here for the rest of this season having signed a pre contract with Sevco and with questions about his commitment and pressure from the terraces not to play him at a time when he absolutely needs to be playing week in week out to firm up his place in the Scotland squad.

We'll find out pretty soon anyway.

58 minutes ago, lou said:

If he goes to Rangers I hope both his hamstrings snap as he runs onto the field for his first start.

Tongue firmly in cheek of course. Love Soapy and I’ll always thank him for his efforts at Hearts, but if he does sign a pre-contract I’d want him to just go now. Id say freeze him out but that’s a bit too petty for me and will make other players think twice about their own future treatment by the club. 

We’ve dealt without him before plenty of times and I don’t want Hearts developing and strengthening a player for one of our rivals. 

Is what it is and I’d hold no grudges, always look after number 1 at the end of the day, yourself and your family. 

All just hypothetical for now however, but how many times have we been here over the years. 

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

If he signs for them he's dead to me and most Hearts fans I know.

Absolutely zero ambition but all to predictable. 

I suspect he has ambitions to win medals and play European Football. On that front it’s a no brainier for him,

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)