Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

2 hours ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

As long as we get the money I don't care. Just get it over and done with.

What money? We will get a pittance at most! 😏

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Aye, i want some serious cash for him, will soften the blow of him going.

Not a chance!

29 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Pot, kettle, black. Someone named Kyle Lafferty calling someone else a “******* rat”.  
only on here!😂😉

That was before he dropped his pants for rangers 😢

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

That was before he dropped his pants for rangers 😢

Ok. Let you off....this time but I am 👀👀 you!

The stuff in the daily ranger and Glasgow herald could all be a lot of garbage. Just clutching at straws.  Apparently, only 12% of transfer talk in the DR comes true, which is the highest of all UK papers! 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Lonewolflins said:

Yes your right . He’s a China doll, the next injury isn’t far away . It’s best if he goes ASAP . He’s a good player but that’s it  , he’s not as great as people would have you believe . 

Agreed, and will be replaced and forgotten about by Xmas when he’s watching the World Cup from whatever shitehole he moves too. 

He is away no matter what we would like to happen 😢 but in his head he has to go now because he can’t take the chance of getting injured if he agrees to join in the summer or it won’t happen and at same time he won’t put his all in for Hearts 😣 he is Easily a 10 million player with a couple of years on a contract and I’m afraid the rangers are the ones who are going to make a mint out of him 😫

Just now, tynietigers said:

He is away no matter what we would like to happen 😢 but in his head he has to go now because he can’t take the chance of getting injured if he agrees to join in the summer or it won’t happen and at same time he won’t put his all in for Hearts 😣 he is Easily a 10 million player with a couple of years on a contract and I’m afraid the rangers are the ones who are going to make a mint out of him 😫

I don’t think he’s a 10 million pound player. Hickey might end up being a 10 million player but not Souttar. He’s a good player but makes mistakes and not infrequently. At his age I’m assuming he’ll always make them and knows himself the English championship or the old firm are his limit. 

16 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

The stuff in the daily ranger and Glasgow herald could all be a lot of garbage. Just clutching at straws.  Apparently, only 12% of transfer talk in the DR comes true, which is the highest of all UK papers! 

It’s also a damn slight higher than our very own ITK bunch.

Walter Bishop
2 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

He’s not made any decision yet. Rangers can’t match the money on offer from down south.

Anything in a possibkle player swap with Itten?

StevenNaismith
6 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Anything in a possibkle player swap with Itten?

The money on offer to the player, not Hearts. 

2 hours ago, Gorgieshed said:

Souttar is really good friends with Naismith. That's the only reason I see him being interested in signing for Rangers. Maybe Naismith has been bigging them up to him?

The very same Naismith who jumped ship for nowt to carve out a very good and lucrative career down south?

Guest ToqueJambo

So long as we get a decent fee if he leaves in Jan or we get him for the rest of the season I'm a lot happier with things now we have Halkett and hopefully Kingsley signed up. If iRangers or whoever only offer a few hundred grand we should keep him. He's a professional and won't want to let down his no doubt many friends at Hearts, not to mention someone like Naismith, if they are big pals, considering he's still at Hearts. The chat about him easing up makes no sense. He'd be dropped instantly, which would benefit no-one.

6 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

He’s not made any decision yet. Rangers can’t match the money on offer from down south.

Any contract offered by Blackburn will likely be lucrative and also have a step up clause if they gain promotion probably doubling his wages again. 

If money is the driving force behind a move then he’d be silly not to head South even if it’s for 18-24 months.

MR INCREDIBLE
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

So long as we get a decent fee if he leaves in Jan or we get him for the rest of the season I'm a lot happier with things now we have Halkett and hopefully Kingsley signed up. If iRangers or whoever only offer a few hundred grand we should keep him. He's a professional and won't want to let down his no doubt many friends at Hearts, not to mention someone like Naismith, if they are big pals, considering he's still at Hearts. The chat about him easing up makes no sense. He'd be dropped instantly, which would benefit no-one.

Bull**** If he signs for them he sits in the stand so they get a player who has not played for 4 or 5 months.

Only Hearts!!!!!

My worthless opinion on this subject, we have announced Halkett extending fulling expecting Souter to go and using that as something to soften the blow. Let's be honest if he hadn't been injured so much he would have left a few years ago, I would be disappointed if he went to Rangers but its a move that would allow him to keep him and his family here( and he seems to be setting up some kind if business). Blokes got a chance of a contract that will set him up for a long time, I honestly don't grudge him the move 

I think we're well covered at centre half for the rest of the season if he goes in January. Hope we get a few quid for him. Wherever he ends up I wish him all the best.

If he's going to Rangers, at least get it written into his contract,that he can't play against Hearts for the rest of the season or ever. :)

If he stays until the end of the season I'd leave him out the 1st team squad. Not out of pettiness, just No point in having a player who isn't fully committed going through the motions before he moves on

13 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

that lot love a slaver, was forever on the dog and bone to their sports section back in the day.

Jean Louis Valois

Did he not jump ship from Dundee United to us in pretty much identical circumstances? Another club that was good to him, So he has form for sort of thing.

26 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Did he not jump ship from Dundee United to us in pretty much identical circumstances? Another club that was good to him, So he has form for sort of thing.

Don’t think it’s comparable. We paid money for him in 2016. 

With the time he has lost of his career due to injury so far, I would not think he would be that keen on a pre-contract where he would run the very real risk of being sidelined, even if only til the end of the season, which would also probably cost him his treasured Scotland place that took so long to achieve. A pre-contract is not the best outcome for John Souttar IMO. Best for us he leaves now for the best fee we can get, it would not define our season.

4 hours ago, JackLadd said:

If Sevco is his choice and they offer up the usual 200-300k to get him on Jan 31st they should be told to bolt. 750k minimum.  

why would the huns pay £750k for him when they can get him for free in 6 months?

we will do very well to get £200k for him as things currently stand

14 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

With the time he has lost of his career due to injury so far, I would not think he would be that keen on a pre-contract where he would run the very real risk of being sidelined, even if only til the end of the season, which would also probably cost him his treasured Scotland place that took so long to achieve. A pre-contract is not the best outcome for John Souttar IMO. Best for us he leaves now for the bplus est fee we can get, it would not define our season.

This would be the best outcome. 

As long as the fee is realistic 750k plus. 👍

I think we’re seeing a scenario playing out driven by soapy’s agent. Without doubt he had huge potential and was a £10m player. Then career threatening injuries hit. Agent will have been saying he’s got loads of options in England and clubs will clamber for him. Clearly not the case. Although a few have noted interested, they’ve come to nothing. Option left - the huns. 

45 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

I think we’re seeing a scenario playing out driven by soapy’s agent. Without doubt he had huge potential and was a £10m player. Then career threatening injuries hit. Agent will have been saying he’s got loads of options in England and clubs will clamber for him. Clearly not the case. Although a few have noted interested, they’ve come to nothing. Option left - the huns. 

There is one other option, Hearts. 

Sign a two year contract play regularly for the rest of this season and next. Stay fit and the doubts about his fitness will disappear. 

However its all about the money, a quick buck. 

1 hour ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

If he stays until the end of the season I'd leave him out the 1st team squad. Not out of pettiness, just No point in having a player who isn't fully committed going through the motions before he moves on

That would probably suit him if he signs a pre-contract. No chance of injury. 

Gimme an H...

I’ll admit it even if no one else will…

If I’m a professional footballer and my Hearts contract (say 2.5k per week - no idea if this is what Souttar is on or not, just an example) was expiring and another club came in and offered me 10x that which meant I could stay in the same country close to family with minimal upheaval , didn’t harm my chances at international level then I’d find it extremely difficult to turn that opportunity down…

That’s with me being a die hard Hearts fan too, which Soapy is not.

Opportunities like that don’t come around often and a footballers career is or can be a short one.

Doesnt mean I/we have to like the fact he’s away to a rival, but I would find it hard to believe anyone on this board in the same situation would turn down that money.

It is amazing the snowball effect of speculation in the Sun, repeated by the Record, that he might have chosen Rangers.

I think it is designed to do three things:

Sell papers to Rangers fans obviously because they love hearing how amazing Rangers are.

More importantly, make Blackburn and Sheffield United think he has made his decision and they might as well look elsewhere and even withdraw their offer... which helps Rangers.

Unite the Hearts fans against Souttar so that there are calls for him never to play for Hearts again, when we could have him playing for us until the summer... which helps Rangers.

He might end up going to Rangers if he decides that is his best career move.  But why do we believe the tabloids, the same reporters who always link one of our players with the Old Firm in the run up to a big game?

27 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

If I’m a professional footballer and my Hearts contract (say 2.5k per week - no idea if this is what Souttar is on or not, just an example) was expiring and another club came in and offered me 10x that which meant I could stay in the same country close to family with minimal upheaval , didn’t harm my chances at international level then I’d find it extremely difficult to turn that opportunity down…

Opportunities like that don’t come around often and a footballers career is or can be a short one.

Doesnt mean I/we have to like the fact he’s away to a rival, but I would find it hard to believe anyone on this board in the same situation would turn down that money.

It's situations like this that turn me off football. 

The rest of us might as well just chuck it. 

If we are talking about doing the right thing for yourself and your family perhaps us fans should all stop stumping up for STs, spending hard earned to travel to matches, taking time off work to go to games and above all investing so much time and emotion supporting our heroes. Those heroes who don't even have the decency to fulfill their contract to the club that stood by them in a time of crisis before flashing their knickers at a hated rival. 

Just pissed off with it all now. 😕

Gimme an H...
9 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If we are talking about doing the right thing for yourself and your family perhaps us fans should all stop stumping up for STs, spending hard earned to travel to matches, taking time off work to go to games and above all investing so much time and emotion supporting our heroes. Those heroes who don't even have the decency to fulfill their contract to the club that stood by them in a time of crisis before flashing their knickers at a hated rival. 

I get it, I really do.

But to professional footballers - it's a job. They have to think about their families and their life after football. We will all follow Hearts through thick and thin, we'll support the next Soapy and the one after that. I don't think anyone can really look at themselves and say they wouldn't do exactly the same thing in his situation (whether we would like to admit it or not).

That's football. Until we are at the level where we can compete with the wages Sevco etc. can offer, this will happen time and time again.

I don't like it but I can't pretend I wouldn't do the same thing if I was Souttar.

3 hours ago, sprinbox98 said:

why would the huns pay £750k for him when they can get him for free in 6 months?

Because with their Goldson situ they need him now stupid. They can keep their 200k. Hearts should not be in the business of helping them at our own expense even if Souttar is on their pre contract.

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Because with their Goldson situ they need him now stupid. They can keep their 200k. Hearts should not be in the business of helping them at our own expense even if Souttar is on their pre contract.

They are keen too keep Goldson until the summer regardless. 

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Absolutely agree.

9 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

What Rangers need is of little interest to Hearts fans. Hearts need to get third place and if keeping Soutar to the season ends is necessary to achieve  that then so be it. 200k is worth far less than getting into Europe.

I think it will be almost be impossible for him to stay if he signs a pre contract for Rangers. I agree with the Motherwell manager in that respect that it isn’t a great situation for anyone to be in. Unfortunately that will mean getting less than we should. I’m still hopeful he goes south and we either get a decent return or the use of him till the end of the season. 

When has JS not fulfilled his contractual obligations?

Football supporters are the most irrational of people.

We have signed dozens of players on pre contracts or taken advantage of a their contract situation…….

Do we really think it shouldn’t happen to us ?

Nobody would be “turned off by football” if we announced Jamie McGrath tomorrow on a pre contract agreement.

You win some, you lose some………

7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Football supporters are the most irrational of people.

We have signed dozens of players on pre contracts or taken advantage of a their contract situation…….

Do we really think it shouldn’t happen to us ?

Nobody would be “turned off by football” if we announced Jamie McGrath tomorrow on a pre contract agreement.

You win some, you lose some………

Don’t think anyone is saying it shouldn’t happen to us but I think if one of our players pisses of to either of the OF we are entitled to be pissed off about it. JS is entitled to sign for whoever he wants I’m entitled not to be happy about it. The ones we lose will sometimes hurt. 

3 hours ago, sprinbox98 said:

To help win the league and automatic qualification to a CL group stage where 30million awaits?

To release for 200k would be ridiculous for reasons relating to Hearts ambitions, Rangers ambitions and even the two championship clubs looking at promotion and what they means financially in England. 

Edited by Riccarton3

2 hours ago, Gimme an H... said:

You are correct. 

You are also correct. 

8 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Don’t think anyone is saying it shouldn’t happen to us but I think if one of our players pisses of to either of the OF we are entitled to be pissed off about it. JS is entitled to sign for whoever he wants I’m entitled not to be happy about it. The ones we lose will sometimes hurt. 

Player leaves for a bigger club…….

It happens in our favour every single transfer window.

Of course it’s ok to be unhappy about it but for some to say this sort of thing puts them off football is just ridiculous.

My point is/was that they aren’t put off football when we take players from lesser clubs. We are quite ok with the system then.

4 hours ago, sprinbox98 said:

If he goes to them on re-contract, I agree. We have no bargaining chips.

But then I would prefer to keep him, unfortunately, like Paul Ritchie previously, the abuse got too much.

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

I just hope it's over soon

Totally agree, whatever the outcome.

It's a distraction we don't need

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)