Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He'll find it hard to push Grant Hanley out of the Scotland team. 

They are both average at best

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

We should let him rot unless offered £500k. Won’t happen though as there is too much of a clique in football and there won’t want to be any bridges burnt.

For that reason I suspect we’ll accept an undisclosed fee on the last day of the window. 

1 hour ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Don't think that's true based on what I know about the guy. He's a high-character individual and great ambassador for the club off the park. With the position we're in we need to be playing our best squad possible at all points, and as far as I'm concerned that includes Souttar until he shows otherwise.

You may no him personally and he may try his best. His actions have burnt his bridges. The fans also have to be factored in and thats something Souttar cant control. He is one mistake away from bringing a toxic atmosphere to the stadium. Why should he take the place of a person with Hearts long term aims in mind, simple answer is he should not. I am not questioning his football ability or his belief that he will play 100% I am questioning his commitment to Hearts long term project. He now plays for another club and that is a club we would hope to compete with in the future. 

1 hour ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Not as black and white as not wanting to be here. It's possible he's loved his time at Hearts but Rangers offer things we can't (better wages, champions league, more trophies etc.) He's a great player so I'd want to play him if he gives the best chance of winning games

He may be thinking one of two things. By signing a pre contract agreement if he has a good agent then he will be covered well into the future in the case of another injury between now and the end of the season. Alternatively, he may be desperate to go and he may be thinking that by signing the pre contract agreement that he is forcing our hand. He has looked after himself, which he is entitled to do; it is now Hearts turn to do what is its best interests. I'd be looking for a lot of dosh to test how keen Rangers really are. We should not sell ourselves short, especially knowing that Rangers is not the most financially savvy of businesses. If they don't pay up, then so be it.

As for playing Souttar again; no chance. He is damaged goods and as a Hearts player he has no credibility going forward. If he has any brain in his head then he will see this. Some on here rate him highly, others don't but that is neither here nor there. If he stays and plays the baggage that will go with it will only serve as a distraction and we don't need that.  

Edited by henryheart
spelling

MR INCREDIBLE

He should definitely be sitting in the stand and training with the kids.

I as a part owner of the club would like this to happen.

That is all .

Jambo_jim2001

Cheerio soapy,watch the door doesn't hit you on the ass or ankle on the way out.nobody is bigger than heart of midlothian.it irks loosing a player to one of the ersecheeks.i hope one day the players will be queuing up to sign for us.over to Mr savage to replace him with a better player

Running your contract down and signing for Rangers/Celtic is pretty poor .

Signing a pre contract half way through the season is unforgivable. 

An absolute snake 

If Soapy chooses to join sevco then I’m glad he will be away from Heart of Midlothian FC. Anyone who prefers to play for a club that panders to and prostitutes itself to the large sectarian element of its support. A support that did nothing to save their club from liquidation. A club despite holding a dominant position in this country still thought it acceptable to cheat its way to more honours. Then that player does not deserve to play for our great club in front of the thousands of our supporters who made substantial financial sacrifices to ensure that we continue to exist. Shame on him.

Not impressed. Not impressed at all. 

I hope Rangers offer us £500,000 and they can just take him now. I have no wish to see Souttar in a Hearts shirt again this season. Of course, Rangers being Rangers, they will probably offer us £100,000 and expect us to be grateful. 🙄

21 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

He should definitely be sitting in the stand and training with the kids.

I as a part owner of the club would like this to happen.

That is all .

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, I wouldn't even want Souttar near the U18s. I don't want him trying to drum up sympathy from impressionable youngsters. Gardening leave would be appropriate though imo.

Good luck to him. Looking after his own best interests really and only doing what any non died in the wool Jambo would do to step up a level.  Could have been a bigger step but with his injury history probably as far as he could go to at least be part of a team challenging for Europe each season and an easy passage in a two horse race.  Obviously does not want to be part of a team outside the old firm to challenge for top spot so glad to see him go if he does not have the hunger, belief or desire in our project. We will not miss him and Rangers could do far better so frees up a wage for us to get a player in that wants to be part of the project. Bye Soapy, Oor Wullie will not miss you or your lack of desire to challenge the OF.

The Grim Reaper

Assuming he does go to the Huns, hopefully this is the last time this kind of thing is allowed to happen. We cannot afford to let our top players run down their contacts. 

Just now, Liam1953 said:

Good luck to him. Looking after his own best interests really and only doing what any non died in the wool Jambo would do to step up a level.  Could have been a bigger step but with his injury history probably as far as he could go to at least be part of a team challenging for Europe each season and an easy passage in a two horse race.  Obviously does not want to be part of a team outside the old firm to challenge for top spot so glad to see him go if he does not have the hunger, belief or desire in our project. We will not miss him and Rangers could do far better so frees up a wage for us to get a player in that wants to be part of the project. Bye Soapy, Oor Wullie will not miss you or your lack of desire to challenge the OF.

giphy.gif

**** him. Hope his time in Glasgow is littered with failure. 

I expect a deal will get pushed through this month, probably around 200k. If it doesn't then I have no issue with him playing, he's a good player and that's what he gets paid to do.

That doesn't all of a sudden change overnight because the guy wants to better himself.

The majority of footballers no doubt love playing the game, but ultimately it comes down to being their job, therefore more money will ALWAYS come before some sort of loyalty.

2 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Assuming he does go to the Huns, hopefully this is the last time this kind of thing is allowed to happen. We cannot afford to let our top players run down their contacts. 

How do you stop it if that’s what they want to do?

6 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

He was injured. We’ve been reported as offering him contracts early this season. I’m the first to have a go at the club when they make an arse of things but I think they’re in the clear this time

Edited by GinRummy

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
35 minutes ago, Rods said:

You may no him personally and he may try his best. His actions have burnt his bridges. The fans also have to be factored in and thats something Souttar cant control. He is one mistake away from bringing a toxic atmosphere to the stadium. Why should he take the place of a person with Hearts long term aims in mind, simple answer is he should not. I am not questioning his football ability or his belief that he will play 100% I am questioning his commitment to Hearts long term project. He now plays for another club and that is a club we would hope to compete with in the future. 

Same could be said for any player who is brought in on loan though, they would rather be playing for their parent club. Fact is Souttar has faced so many setbacks in his career so far and has overcome them to become a top player, that shows the measure of the guy. I've no doubt he would rather go to Rangers now, but equally I believe he would still give 100% for Hearts in his remaining time here. Could well be proved wrong though, still doesn't make me comfortable with taking peanuts from a rival club for a key player.

Must have known he was going when he flogged the goal to Aribo.Hope for his sake he can steer clear of injuries and we don't take a Levein type punt on him in 2 years 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (title updated)
42 minutes ago, Rods said:

Imagine if he plays for us against Sevco and he scores an OG, misses a clear goal scoring opportunity or does something controversial….

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How do you stop it if that’s what they want to do?

Make sure players are on longer contracts going forward and start opening contract talks maybe 18 months before they are due to expire. If it ends up a year left and not signed a deal then transfer list ? . 

1 minute ago, McCrae said:

Imagine if he plays for us against Sevco and he scores an OG, misses a clear goal scoring opportunity or does something controversial….

He won't play. Presumably. 

Just now, Snedds76 said:

Hopefully doesn't kick another ball for us, deserves all the flack coming his way as well for moving to that lot. 

Absolutely. 6 months of wall to wall abuse. Lets be having it :) 

Belly crawling snake *****.

5 minutes ago, Voxpop said:

Always did well for us and now it’s time he does what’s right for him. He goes with my best wishes. Good luck Soapy.

Good luck getting a lot of people sharing that opinion. 

Just now, Stu_HMFC said:

Make sure players are on longer contracts going forward and start opening contract talks maybe 18 months before they are due to expire. If it ends up a year left and not signed a deal then transfer list ? . 

Injury made it difficult. 

Shocking stuff by souttar. Will have had decent offers to go down south but despite the support he's had from us over the years, he's shafted us by going to that scummy club. 

He shouldn't play for us again. Scumbag. 

Just now, jr ewing said:

Injury made it difficult. 

Tail end of last season he came back and looked good, that was the time to do it. If a deal wasn't forthcoming then getting rid over the summer while we had time on our side was the smart thing to do. 

I wouldn't  go as far as to wish a career ending injury on him but the rat is a soul selling, money chasing, embarrassment to our Jersey. He should be banned from all 1st team activities, have no contact with anyone other than the guy handing out the bog cleaning mops. Judas *******.

That-Day-In-May

Sometimes words don’t do justice, so here does it's

🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 

🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 

Just now, Paulp74 said:

Shocking stuff by souttar. Will have had decent offers to go down south but despite the support he's had from us over the years, he's shafted us by going to that scummy club. 

He shouldn't play for us again. Scumbag. 

100% on board with this.

Should sit out the rest of the season training by himself and the club should flat out refuse to entertain any bid from the hun. 

Just read a newspaper report on Facebook saying that he will sign a pre contract and once he plays against Celtic and hopefully takes points off them, The Rangers will try to get him in immediately after that. Sounds like The Rangers will be trying to pull strings and pick our team for us.

Just now, 1953 said:

Just read a newspaper report on Facebook saying that he will sign a pre contract and once he plays against Celtic and hopefully takes points off them, The Rangers will try to get him in immediately after that. Sounds like The Rangers will be trying to pull strings and pick our team for us.

Hope we have him dropped for Celtic game and he is playing in the Scottish cup next weekend.

7 minutes ago, Voxpop said:

Always did well for us and now it’s time he does what’s right for him. He goes with my best wishes. Good luck Soapy.

Well said 

Many of the comments made are a disgrace 

He got injured playing for Hearts (and Scotland . 

People complaining that we looked after him ! Wtf do people suggest we could have done instead ?

He has the right to pick the move that suits him and his family 

On a personal level I hope he does well . 

I also hope his new club implodes .

Again

Bungalow Bill

I despise The Rangers but I honestly just shrugged my shoulders at this news. We’re always going to lose players to the OF. And based on his other offers I'm

not surprised he opted for Ibrox. 

3 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

So no player is offered a shorter contract less than 3 years? Some players don’t want longer contracts and some turn out to be not as good as you hoped for. I don’t think it’s quite as simple as that. 

Hope the door hits him on the arse on the way out . 
If he plays on Tuesday I don’t think it’ll be pleasant for him , 

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)