Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

38 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Disagree. 

The decision to go with the likes of Sheffield Utd over rangers  is money. 

The championship or bouncing about relegation from the epl is not a higher lever than winning trophies and competiting in Europe. 

Money, money money. 

With Souttar, he might fancy a change as well tho, he has been In Scotland a long time. 

Some Players may fancy a change from playing the same sides 4x a season every year. That must be dull Tbh. 

Just like Campbell and the striker we were after  chose Luton over us. Money, nothing else. 

No way Luton over  Hearts is a footballing decision. 

Applying your logic across Europe, bouncing about the bottom of the epl is better than wining trophies in Holland, Portugal, Belgium etc. 

Is it ****, money is the difference and sky makes that possible 

You keep saying this, SRB, and I'd love to agree but the fact is you're not taking everything in to account.

It depends what you call a "level".  You yourself say a player may get bored of playing the same teams 3 or 4 times a season.  To many, you'd look at playing Livi, Ross Co and the likes up to 4 times a year and think "tin pot" whether we win the thing or not.  You'd look at the pitches (incl plastic), you'd look at the crowds, the shit TV coverage, even the governance and how amateur it all is, and let's not talk about the media!

Then you'd look at the Championship and the stadia, TV deal, money, general standard of player (whether it's higher or not, bit of a debate, but certainly that's going to be perception) and the fact it's 2 games against each.  Also the fact it's a genuine competition where you NEED to be top of your game every week.  It's simply a more professional setup.  You'll also look at the amount of players who do well in Championship for one season and end up in the EPL - Brereton at the moment has had 6 good months and had £30M slapped on his name.  Made for life if that happens.

To say Rangers and Celtic or the SPFL Prem is a better level is simply not taking into account everything mate.  Yes, you'll win trophies, yes you'll play in Europe.  But you'll also be playing for vile institutions with sometimes 20x the budget of their league opposition.  It's like playing an early rounds cup tie most weeks.

I'm not exactly saying you're wrong and I hate the English game, but you (as you may admit you can be!) are being very blinkered and repeating it a lot.  What we need to be saying is Scottish football shouldn't accept being second fiddle to English lower divisions and should bloody well do something about it.  That's what the commission by the 5 cubs has done (to derision from our media as you'd expect) - get on board with that and shout about how we need to fight to get to where our game deserves to be, not simply shout they've more money than us but they ain't better!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

A tier 2 competition in a tier 1 nation is above all competitions in a tier 3 nation by far in terms of the professional footballing standard of games week in week out. Why do you think 95% of Scotland’s national squad play in England? Compare the lads that play in England with the one SPL player who gets a game Stephen O Donnell. The gulf in class between him and a guy like Andy Robertson is absolutely colossal.

Yep, being bottom of the EPL is substantially above these smaller tier 2 nations in terms of the standard of football games and overall standard of player.

As for Luton, they are in the championship, so it’s about the upward mobility to shop window yourself. Campbell could’ve picked there or Hearts, he’s already been there done that with the SPL though played 150+ games, what developmental benefit would he get from playing another 50-100 games with Hearts? None. Hed already proved himself at this level moving up to the championship to a team where he’d hope to play games was a perfectly fair move. 

Also Scottish clubs don’t “compete” in Europe they just make up the numbers and usually in the tier 2 competitions Europa and below. And neither generally do teams in tier 2 nations either other than an occasional run for a Porto or and Ajax 

The reason every single European competition is won by teams from Tier 1 nations is because their league standard of games is higher because there’s better football players in those leagues 

Campbell chose the money, if we could offer the same he'd be a Hearts player. Dress it up all you want. 

Money, pure and simple. 

All about the money. 

Before sky it wasn't like that, sky threw money at it. 

Scottish clubs do compete in Europe, clubs like Blackburn and Stoke will never likely play another game in Europe or get close to a trophy, ever. 

They do however pay more as sky funds their pursuit of EPL football, which itself is a false economy. As you need to spend more than You’ll ever make just to stay up never mind compete. 

Standard of football in most of the Championship is no better than Scotland and certainly not at the level of the top Dutch or Portuguese sides. 

Most epl games are dull as well. 

I can guess you are under 30 ish and only known England with sky football as what you are saying does not resonate at all. 

No way Luton over Hearts is a football move and bouncing about the championship / epl is not better than playing for the OF or top teams in the leagues I mention

Luton / Stoke etc supporters don't even dream of playing for their team, never mind random players from across the globe. 

Money-that is all. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

You keep saying this, SRB, and I'd love to agree but the fact is you're not taking everything in to account.

It depends what you call a "level".  You yourself say a player may get bored of playing the same teams 3 or 4 times a season.  To many, you'd look at playing Livi, Ross Co and the likes up to 4 times a year and think "tin pot" whether we win the thing or not.  You'd look at the pitches (incl plastic), you'd look at the crowds, the shit TV coverage, even the governance and how amateur it all is, and let's not talk about the media!

Then you'd look at the Championship and the stadia, TV deal, money, general standard of player (whether it's higher or not, bit of a debate, but certainly that's going to be perception) and the fact it's 2 games against each.  Also the fact it's a genuine competition where you NEED to be top of your game every week.  It's simply a more professional setup.  You'll also look at the amount of players who do well in Championship for one season and end up in the EPL - Brereton at the moment has had 6 good months and had £30M slapped on his name.  Made for life if that happens.

To say Rangers and Celtic or the SPFL Prem is a better level is simply not taking into account everything mate.  Yes, you'll win trophies, yes you'll play in Europe.  But you'll also be playing for vile institutions with sometimes 20x the budget of their league opposition.  It's like playing an early rounds cup tie most weeks.

I'm not exactly saying you're wrong and I hate the English game, but you (as you may admit you can be!) are being very blinkered and repeating it a lot.  What we need to be saying is Scottish football shouldn't accept being second fiddle to English lower divisions and should bloody well do something about it.  That's what the commission by the 5 cubs has done (to derision from our media as you'd expect) - get on board with that and shout about how we need to fight to get to where our game deserves to be, not simply shout they've more money than us but they ain't better!

Agreed. 

But my main point is that money makes these teams attractive options, nothing more. 

For Souttar, yes a change of scenery could be the thing he wants, but there are more leagues in Europe,  but not many that can compete with the championship for wages. 

Without the lure of the extra money, players would choose other clubs. 

No doubt about it. 

3 decades of sky has pickled folks heads imo. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agreed. 

But my main point is that money makes these teams attractive options, nothing more. 

For Souttar, yes a change of scenery could be the thing he wants, but there are more leagues in Europe,  but not many that can compete with the championship for wages. 

No doubt about it. 

We get it. You think it's all about the money. You've been banging on about it for days! You must just be copy and pasting or you've too much time on your hands

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agreed. 

No doubt about it. 

I don't disagree chief, it's just that - guess what - that money that they have and we don't and that they've had for 30 years and we haven't... well it's raised their standard.  It's made them more attractive.

Players have always followed money - don't kid yourself.  Why did Terry Butcher come to Rangers?  Why did George Best and Pele play in the US?  They've got money to make.  If I could retire at 35 and never work again!?  YEEEEEHAAAA!!

I'd be of a mind to be telling my agent to find me a club overseas if he could but that's just me - frankly if there's easy money to be made playing Champ level down south and do well and you're on proper, proper silly money within a year... come on mate, you saying playing in Scotland in this environment is better?  Look at someone like Liam Cooper.  Souttar is a better player than him, but look at the few years he's had at Leeds.

If this guy signs a pre contract with any other Scottish team, or moves to them at end of season, I will happily give him ridiculous levels of abuse next time he plays against us. I'll get a Souttar voodoo doll and stick needles all over its legs. Coin him etc.

If he leaves for cash in Jan, all the best to him.

If he leaves for England for free at end of season, he can ram any good wishes.

He owes the club. They saved his career and paid for his operations.

on Clyde 1's Superscoreboard phone in last night you had various fans for The Rangers phoning in who were simultaneously happy about them potentially signing Souttar whilst saying they knew little about him or how good he was. 

One guy even talking about how he'd be a backup player. 🤦‍♂️

Rangers fans are thick as mince. 

11 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

If this guy signs a pre contract with any other Scottish team, or moves to them at end of season, I will happily give him ridiculous levels of abuse next time he plays against us. I'll get a Souttar voodoo doll and stick needles all over its legs. Coin him etc.

I agree with most of that until the last part.

It's pretty normal for a club to pay for operations you know!!  He was injured playing for us, remember.

And it's pretty widely held (not just in public) that we handled his initial injury very poorly.  Don't assume Soapy owes us anything because we "stood by him".  He may well see it differently.

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I agree with most of that until the last part.

It's pretty normal for a club to pay for operations you know!!  He was injured playing for us, remember.

And it's pretty widely held (not just in public) that we handled his initial injury very poorly.  Don't assume Soapy owes us anything because we "stood by him".  He may well see it differently.

I get where you are coming from, but it's not like he only had one bad injury. I appreciate he doesn't actually owe the club, and yeah it's a short career, but I like to be a bit irrational when it comes to Hearts and football 😄

2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I get where you are coming from, but it's not like he only had one bad injury. I appreciate he doesn't actually owe the club, and yeah it's a short career, but I like to be a bit irrational when it comes to Hearts and football 😄

Oh yeah, irrational is totally the best - especially when it comes to Hearts!!!!

Wasn't really aimed at you OH, but seen it said loads that he owes us or similar and I just don't see that.  What was the club's other option?  Glue factory?  We gave him another contract not out of sympathy but because he was an asset.

Only point i disagree on.  Said it, like you, if he goes to OF club for nowt especially, he's dead to me.  Daaan saaaaf either end of contract or now for dosh, go for it son, all the best, do good for Scotland please.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Disagree. 

The decision to go with the likes of Sheffield Utd over rangers  is money. 

The championship or bouncing about relegation from the epl is not a higher lever than winning trophies and competiting in Europe. 

Money, money money. 

With Souttar, he might fancy a change as well tho, he has been In Scotland a long time. 

Some Players may fancy a change from playing the same sides 4x a season every year. That must be dull Tbh. 

Just like Campbell and the striker we were after  chose Luton over us. Money, nothing else. 

No way Luton over Hearts is a footballing decision. 

Applying your logic across Europe, bouncing about the bottom of the epl is better than wining trophies in Holland, Portugal, Belgium etc. 

Is it ****, money is the difference and sky makes that possible 

He would be paid more at Rangers / Celtic than most if not all chamionship clubs so disagree with this point entriely.

I know one player who was playing in the EPL and was actually paid better when signing for Rangers.

If it was all about the money, he would be signing for Rangers.

Contracts, transfers, etc is what it is. Does he owe Hearts? Maybe emotionally but legally, absolutely not in this day and age. I understand wishing to look after yourself financially.  I have done it myself when changing employer for greater wages - although nobody lost out on a multi-million transfer fee😚.However, it can't be understated that coming to Hearts has been good for him. If he goes down south to a club who do not impact upon Hearts then he goes with my thanks for his services and best wishes for the future. If he takes the bigot pound and heads west along the M8 then, whilst I would not wish him ill, he's dead to me.

SM Sheffield

I live locally in Sheffield and know a lot of Blades. United a club who are close to £100m in debt can ‘afford’ to pay Souttar better wages than we can.

Modern football really is terrible

Rocky jamboa
40 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I'd be disappointed if he went to either of the ugly sister, especially when he has other options available. 

However, I totally disagree that "he owes the club". The reason we're in this position is we only gave him a shorter contract in case he didn't fully recover from his injury. If he didn't we probably wouldn't think twice about releasing him at the end of the season.

For all he's went through over the last few years, he deserves his big money move and I wish him all the best for the rest of his career - unless he goes to the bigot brothers! 

Fxxx the SPFL

There is a big unknown here whoever he intends to sign for will sure as hell put soapy through a very rigorous medical and there is a possibility that something may show up in the scans who knows 

Rick Sanchez

I just can't shake the feeling that there's going to be breaking news popping up very soon about him signing for Rangers on a pre contract.

They'll then play low ball and we'll be stuck with him until the end of the season when Goldson leaves.

The atmosphere would be detrimental to trying to secure third. He'll get some abuse.

Brick Tamland
55 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Couldn’t agree more. 
Only Hearts 

I think his move will reflect his ambition. 

A move to Rangers doesn't feel like it's a stepping stone. It's a go there. Get paid better. Play in Europe. Maybe win a few things.  It ultimately you're still in some crappy town on a Wednesday night playing against the same teams over and over.

An English Championship side feels more shop window for me and if its a club potentially that can reach the EPL then it's a massive stage of football to be on.

I hope he does well and becomes a Scotland regular but if you leave Hearts for a Scottish rival then you will get boos and immature vitriol from me.

Unless you're Rudi......probably our only exception. 

Edited by Der Kaiser

While I understand money will play a significant part in Souttar's decision I wouldn't underestimate the appeal of the fresh challenge of playing in another country. Other than our unfortunate sojourn to the Championship he has played in the face broadly the same teams 3/4 times a season Premiership his whole career. It wouldn't be a surprise if he actually just wanted to face different teams and challenges. The unique opportunity of the situation he finds himself in is he will be presented with a number of different options to choose from rather than listening to one interested party while under contract. Watching him every week he would be perfectly suited to playing for a team in continental Europe and he doesn't need to look far to see what doors success abroad can open for his future.

Naisys Tackle

But former Hibernian boss Heckingbottom has confirmed his interest in a potential move for Souttar as Rangers get set to face significant competition to land the defender.

Heckingbottom said: “He's one of a few that we have been looking at.

"We highlighted positions we need players in and he's one in that position.

“We would be foolish not to have a look at him, he's a free transfer in the summer.

“I am not going to say if we are going to do it but certainly someone we have looked at.

“I know him from my time in Scotland a good player and I am sure we will be linked with more players, some will be right and some will be way off the mark.”

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

What makes you think Hearts paid for his operations?  He was under contract, we had an obligation to him and would have medical cover in place to cover all of our players under contract. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I just can't shake the feeling that there's going to be breaking news popping up very soon about him signing for Rangers on a pre contract.

They'll then play low ball and we'll be stuck with him until the end of the season when Goldson leaves.

The atmosphere would be detrimental to trying to secure third. He'll get some abuse.

It would be a great move for Rangers but I hope he doesn’t go there.  They’ve just got £11.5 million plus add ons for one of their bench warmers.  If he goes there on a 3 or 4 year contract and stays fit and is a regular for Scotland he will be worth millions to them. 

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

No, and fair doos to him. 

For some reason some on Here are  dressing up a move to Stoke, Blackburn, Sheffield and the likes as some great football move. 

Same as when Luton got one over us, **** all to do with football and everything about money - and fair enough. 

Sky over 3 generations has done a number on the kids, any move to a tin pot English outfit is seen as a great move because they might get a chance to play in the epl. 

Shite-money, money, money. 

You’re like a broken record 

4 hours ago, scottg71 said:

We get it. You think it's all about the money. You've been banging on about it for days! You must just be copy and pasting or you've too much time on your hands

Like a stuck record, on and on and on over and over again every thread every day......

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agreed. 

No doubt about it. 

Take the money out of the equation & the move down south still makes sense for a lot of players, look at McGinn for example; had he moved to Celtic he'd probably still be at Celtic & would probably not be half the player he is today, but he went down south & tested himself against a higher caliber of opponent, now he's a superstar worth tens of millions playing in the richest league in football against Ronaldo, Salah, De Bruyne etc week in week out & is a hero in the National side. If he moves again it'll be to a top side.

It's Sky that's made it possible with their millions no doubt but that's how the landscape is now, Scottish Football doesn't compare any more even as a shop window.

Love Souttar but if he goes to the bigots he is dead to me. I hope his career dies and he ends up playing for Cowdenbeath in a few years. If he goes down south I'll follow his career with interest

buzzbomb1958
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It would be a great move for Rangers but I hope he doesn’t go there.  They’ve just got £11.5 million plus add ons for one of their bench warmers.  If he goes there on a 3 or 4 year contract and stays fit and is a regular for Scotland he will be worth millions to them. 

He is not that good he gets pulled out the shit in most games and also one bad tackle could end his career more than it would most players , he might not even pass a very rigorous medical which might highlight detrimental deficiencies

TyphoonJambo

This thread is like being dragged round IKEA. Please,please let it be over soon.

MR INCREDIBLE
44 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Love Souttar but if he goes to the bigots he is dead to me. I hope his career dies and he ends up playing for Cowdenbeath in a few years. If he goes down south I'll follow his career with interest

The correct answer👍

Drew Wallace

If he goes to either of these clowns the sickner for me is he will do well

And they filth as mentioned will cash in ASAP as the desperados in the Championship will cough up

Hope he goes south and soon 

4 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

I think his move will reflect his ambition. 

A move to Rangers doesn't feel like it's a stepping stone. It's a go there. Get paid better. Play in Europe. Maybe win a few things.  It ultimately you're still in some crappy town on a Wednesday night playing against the same teams over and over.

An English Championship side feels more shop window for me and if its a club potentially that can reach the EPL then it's a massive stage of football to be on.

I hope he does well and becomes a Scotland regular but if you leave Hearts for a Scottish rival then you will get boos and immature vitriol from me.

Unless you're Rudi......probably our only exception. 

Plenty crappy towns in the English Championship. 

Also a 46 game season plus EFL trophy and FA Cup. 

Sign for someone like Middlesborough spend most weeks on the road to Luton or Millwall or even further. 

That residual injury could be taking a lot of punishment with little game time in between. 

If I was JS  I'd avoid Glasgow and England and head to France or Italy. 

Hasn't done Aaron Hickey any harm has it ? 🤔 

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

You sound a well adjusted, balanced & all round good guy ...

😬

1 minute ago, GavK1012 said:

You sound a well adjusted, balanced & all round good guy ...

😬

Thank you, praise is always welcome 

56 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

He is not that good he gets pulled out the shit in most games and also one bad tackle could end his career more than it would most players , he might not even pass a very rigorous medical which might highlight detrimental deficiencies

I've always assumed any deficiency would be detrimental ?

Rest of your post is almost rational , by comparison 

16 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

If he goes to either of these clowns the sickner for me is he will do well

And they filth as mentioned will cash in ASAP as the desperados in the Championship will cough up

Hope he goes south and soon 

Pretty much this. I could type a load of nasty shit about the old firm but it’s all been said before. Always disappointed to lose a player to those filth. 

Edited by GinRummy

No idea if this is already common knowledge on this thread (can’t be bothered reading) Stoke mate says deals off as Souttar asked for too much in wages, can anyone else confirm if they have heard this? Why do I get this horrible feeling I’m going to see John souttar in a Rangers top very soon 

52 minutes ago, campbell said:

No idea if this is already common knowledge on this thread (can’t be bothered reading) Stoke mate says deals off as Souttar asked for too much in wages, can anyone else confirm if they have heard this? Why do I get this horrible feeling I’m going to see John souttar in a Rangers top very soon 

I read this online yesterday may have been an article in the Stoke equivalent of the EEN. Via newsnow site.

5 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

If we rewind to when Paul Ritchie said he would go Rangers at the season's end.

The abuse went through the roof.

Forced an early sale, which was peanuts.

We may well see a similar scenario.

Personally, I would keep him onto the end, 

Drew Wallace

If he sings for those buggers bin him to the end of the season and wish him well on his travels. Send a message out jut my opinion

Guest ToqueJambo

It's shite seeing players go west, especially for nothing, but it's silly not to acknowledge that for players who want to live in Scotland and/or play in Europe and win multiple medals, securing their financial future for life at the same time, the OF is the only show in town. The worst thing is when they openly court the OF or play silly games to force a move, which Souttar hasn't, or they play as well as they did at Hearts but suddenly become superstars in the eyes of the press and automatic first-picks in the eye of Scotland managers. Wouldn't be surprised if the latter thing happens with Souttar if he moves west.

8 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Best post I’ve read on here for a while. This goes to the nub of the problem. I can accept the SPL being way behind the English Prem, every league in the world is, but to be so far behind the English second tier with the likes of Blackburn and Luton, small and economically depressed towns , is tragic. At this rate we will be end up even below the bottom tier: the Halifax , Darlington etc. Reasons abound but primarily Scottish football is all about Sectarian United and the rest are mere vote fodder. The SPLF, SFA , Media , Referees the whole damn system looks at Scottish football through a blue and green prism. Both of them argue the toss with each other but essentially it’s a stitch up as  they’re in the same business of sucking the life out of the game. Just wish they would bigger off to Ireland where they could play each other every week alternating between Belfast and Dublin. Probably the only league in the world where it is impossible, yes bloody Impossible, for a team out with those pair to win it. That and a lack of business acumen in the bureaucratic labyrinths of Scottish football administration is killing the the game here. Good luck to anyone who goes against the grain and challenges this duopoly.

No Idle Talk

I can only echo the sentiments already expressed by some others on this thread.

I like John Souttar. A lot. If he signs for an English club because he wants to make some serious money,  and he fears suffering another serious injury before getting the opportunity to do so, then he can go and do that. I will obviously be sad to see him leave Hearts but I won't have any ill will towards him. If he signs for Rangers or Celtic, that is a totally different story. I will be really pissed off if he signs for either of them. Maybe that's fair. Maybe it isn't. But that is how I feel inside.

I just hope he decides that England is the best place for him to take the next step in his career. I don't want to have any negative feelings towards big Soapy.

It’s a pity things have got to this stage with Souttar, ultimately his recurring injuries have ended up up costing us a pretty healthy transfer fee as we didn’t get him signed up long term due to that, and that was the sensible approach by our management. We weren’t to know how his career would turn out, he might not have kicked a ball again after his latest injury so fair play, unfortunately (selfishly in our pov) he has got better and an under contract Souttar would probably be sold for upwards of £5m in the current market, but at this stage in his career he can make possibly 5x more money than what we can offer and for him it is the right thing to do is move on abs secure his family for the years after football. I would hate it if he went to either of the Glasgow teams but would totally understand his reasoning for doing so, it’s a no brainier really if we took off our Maroon tinted spectacles, unless he was going to the English premier then it’s the best move for the lad, keeps his Scotland place, great chance of silverware, good level of European football whether champions league or europa year in year out, won’t have to uproot his family etc. 

However as a Hearts fan, if you move to Glasgow then **** you ya traitor, I hope your career goes down the pan and are begging to come back home only to be told to gtf 😜

15 hours ago, XB52 said:

What happens if he doesn’t sign a contract with us starts playing in a couple of weeks and suffers another career ending injury ? All clubs pull out he is out of contact in the summer will he beg for a contract from Hearts then ? 

I get he doesn’t want to stay and maybe at this time in his career wants a new challenge, But we did stick with him throughout his two bad injury’s. A lot of people say he doesn’t have to owe us anything because he was in fact under contract with Hearts at the time.

The best deal for all parties would be Hearts and Souttar agree a new two year deal and a pay rise for him. But have an agreement when offers come in your going so clubs will offer a bigger transfer fee for us and bigger wages for him. If this was to happen the chances of him even starting his new contract or turning up for pre season is slime because clubs will still be after John and he will still get his move in the summer.

Did we no do that with Rudi signed after his loan deal the same week we sold him for millions.

Edited by Stu_HMFC

13 hours ago, Drew Wallace said:

If he sings for those buggers bin him to the end of the season and wish him well on his travels. Send a message out jut my opinion

Not a great message to send though imo.

Come to Hearts but if you ever want to sign for another team that we don't want you to go to we'll put you out of the game for as long as we can.

Just now, Awbdy Oot said:

Not a great message to send though imo.

Come to Hearts but if you ever want to sign for another team that we don't want you to go to we'll put you out of the game for as long as we can.

It’s a fair point and could potentially put a really small number of players off signing for us. I personally doubt it would put off many. Losing a player to your rivals is never great and sends the message of putting us in our place a bit imo.

It would be a horrible situation if Souttar signed a pre-contract with the huns and hung about tynecastle ‘till the end of the season.  Hopefully, if he goes to them, he goes this window. 

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s a fair point and could potentially put a really small number of players off signing for us. I personally doubt it would put off many. Losing a player to your rivals is never great and sends the message of putting us in our place a bit imo.

It would be a horrible situation if Souttar signed a pre-contract with the huns and hung about tynecastle ‘till the end of the season.  Hopefully, if he goes to them, he goes this window. 

You're right, it would probably only put a small number of players off. Not sure these messages we think we send out mean much in the real world. Would him going to Rangers really send out the message that we were "put in our place"? 

I think at the end of the day money talks and if he is leaving in the next couple of weeks and the choice is England for free or Glasgow for £500k then I reckon he's heading West. Hope to feck I'm wrong though.

Edited by Awbdy Oot

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)