Should Scotland be an independent country?

Alex Kintner

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

505 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don’t know/ Abstain/ Spoil ballot

7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

*may have.

Are we building the gallows already then???

And what does this have to do with the OP's question?

Because as most have agreed on this , even the Indy supporters the SNP would have a major role in negotiations with Westminster if we gained independence .  The article calls into question their honesty and integrity . 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• JudyJudyJudy

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Because as most have agreed on this , even the Indy supporters the SNP would have a major role in negotiations with Westminster if we gained independence .  The article calls into question their honesty and integrity . 

"May" call into question.

In anycase, Scotland will have to deal with the other lot and has been proven time and again, you need to count your fingers if you shake hands with them!

Edited by Pans Jambo

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Lol at people asking why it is relevant to the subject of Scottish to scrutinise the politicians who are pushing most aggressively for it :rofl:

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Lol at people asking why it is relevant to the subject of Scottish to scrutinise the politicians who are pushing most aggressively for it :rofl:

Exactly ! 😂these politicians would be at the fore front of negotiations , just imagine that. ! Acrimony , bitterness , abrasive ness are just their good qualities 😂 they will need to temper their approach to negotiations 

2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Sweep sweep , move along , nothing to see here’! Now imagine if this was a Toarie ! The thread would self combust 

Breaking ministerial code, same stushie as Braverman & Williamson? Unfit for office I think was the charge being levelled, shame she'll have to resign now.

11 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Breaking ministerial code, same stushie as Braverman & Williamson? Unfit for office I think was the charge being levelled, shame she'll have to resign now.

Well apparently not , you only resign if you In England and a Toarie 

40 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Not sure of the relevance of why Scotland should be a independence state.

11 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Holyrood is a separate legislature with different rules.

Not sure what that means in this instance

It's some useless Tory MSP making the claim.  

It's a way of generating a headline, eg, "Nicola Sturgeon accused of living in Malingerer's heid"

59 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

My preference would be an underhanded, cheating, skulduggery type of person negotiating for Scotland TBH.

Get it clean roond them! They lying bassas have been stealing Scotland's resources and sons for centuries. Payback time IMO!

So what happens when we all find out she has not broken the ministerial code then? Is Indy cool again?

The "ferrieez" or something else? Wee nippy's cat been caught pumping the dug?

For me, its all a distraction from what's important. Getting rid of those shitehawks in Westminster!

THEN we can deal with the shitehawks here!  

If the last 12 years has taught me anything, a British politician can do or say whatever he or she likes and NOBODY does ANYTHING about it. Promises broken, U-Turns aplenty, money stolen, racist comments, peerages dished out like confetti, Russian sponsorship, secretaries shagged etc!

Nobody gives a feck!

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

So what happens when we all find out she has not broken the ministerial code then? Is Indy cool again?

The "ferrieez" or something else? Wee nippy's cat been caught pumping the dug?

For me, its all a distraction from what's important. Getting rid of those shitehawks in Westminster!

THEN we can deal with the shitehawks here!  

If the last 12 years has taught me anything, a British politician can do or say whatever he or she likes and NOBODY does ANYTHING about it. Promises broken, U-Turns aplenty, money stolen, racist comments, peerages dished out like confetti, Russian sponsorship, secretaries shagged etc!

Nobody gives a feck!

:spoton:

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

You didn't read it?

There's no accusation that minutes weren't taken, just the boy saying there should be minutes

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Lol at people who think Should Scotland be an independent country = Sturgeon obsession

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, JimBett365 said:

To be fair, there’s a difference between remembering if minutes were taken at a meeting five years ago compared to remembering if all your staff were having a knees up every night during a pandemic 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not in the vacant headspace of your average Daily Mail type. 

22 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You didn't read it?

There's no accusation that minutes weren't taken, just the boy saying there should be minutes

She’s a track record for “forgetting” things 

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

She’s a track record for “forgetting” things 

You said this article calls into question the SNP's honesty and integrity.

It doesn't 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Smithee said:

You said this article calls into question the SNP's honesty and integrity.

It doesn't 🤷‍♂️

DD297A4B-06FA-4399-BED6-66BB0E2E2F61.jpeg

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Well apparently not , you only resign if you In England and a Toarie 

The whole British Establishment is rotten, not just the Tories. The SNP have many faults but come on James they're nowhere near the horrible, insulting, brutal, idiotic, shameless, thieving, hypocritical Westminster/British/Media Establishment!

11 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

DD297A4B-06FA-4399-BED6-66BB0E2E2F61.jpeg

Where does it call into question the SNP's honesty and integrity?

Where's the accusation that minutes weren't taken?

58 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You didn't read it?

And that's how the Scottish media works.

23 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Hope you have plenty arnica gel to soothe those brick indentations.

2 minutes ago, JimBett365 said:

Hope you have plenty arnica gel to soothe those brick indentations.

Hmmmmmm  JIm  a new relatively new profile...June of this year..... double hhhmmmm 

1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

The whole British Establishment is rotten, not just the Tories. The SNP have many faults but come on James they're nowhere near the horrible, insulting, brutal, idiotic, shameless, thieving, hypocritical Westminster/British/Media Establishment!

Yes they are. It's the politicians DNA. All parties.

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Oh yes, they are.

The SNP are a dictatorship whose MP's all have to tow the party line 

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I thought that you weren't SNP and would get rid of them in an independent Scotland?

It seems to me that we would never get rid of them, that's why I'm out

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The SNP are a dictatorship 

You were cheesing about the Tories introducing voter suppression earlier. :lol:

12 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Oh yes, they are.

Didn’t an SNP MSP resign over the gender ID bill last week or the week before?

The Real Maroonblood
24 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

You were cheesing about the Tories introducing voter suppression earlier. :lol:

Fair comment. 

57 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Oh yes, they are.

Proven last week when those who voted against the GRA bill have basically been sent to Siberia.

46 minutes ago, JimBett365 said:

Didn’t an SNP MSP resign over the gender ID bill last week or the week before?

aye and look how they were dealt with 

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I thought that you weren't SNP and would get rid of them in an independent Scotland?

It seems to me that we would never get rid of them, that's why I'm out

You thought correctly, what's that got to do with the price of cheese?

2 minutes ago, JimBett365 said:

How was she dealt with?

Welcome Back Alex ! only he would come out with responses like that.  

Just now, Smithee said:

How was she dealt with?

Intrigued to know the answer. Can’t see any news stories about her being ‘dealt with’🤷🏻‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

How was she dealt with?

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said she accepted the resignation, but said Ms Regan had not approached her to raise her concerns.

She said: "I note that at no stage have you approached me - or indeed the cabinet secretary for social Justice - to raise your concerns about the Gender Recognition Reform Bill or the vote this evening.

"However, in circumstances in which a minister is unable to support the government, it is the case that the only options available are resignation ahead of the vote or dismissal thereafter. I therefore accept your resignation

( another lie from NIcoliar ...Ash did try to meet with her to discuss her views on the Tuesday.  Nicoliar refused. 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

1 minute ago, JimBett365 said:

Intrigued to know the answer. Can’t see any news stories about her being ‘dealt with’🤷🏻‍♂️

Alex im sure you can have a look online yourself.  Your good at that i recall. 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said she accepted the resignation, but said Ms Regan had not approached her to raise her concerns.

She said: "I note that at no stage have you approached me - or indeed the cabinet secretary for social Justice - to raise your concerns about the Gender Recognition Reform Bill or the vote this evening.

"However, in circumstances in which a minister is unable to support the government, it is the case that the only options available are resignation ahead of the vote or dismissal thereafter. I therefore accept your resignation

( another lie from NIcoliar ...Ash did try to meet with her to discuss her views on the Tuesday.  Nicoliar refused. 

I don't see what you're getting at, how was she dealt with that makes it a problem for you?

5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Minister resigns after voting against government shocker. Never seen that before. How on earth does that equate with being “dealt with” as you claimed? 😂

Calling bullshit on this. Can’t see a single reputable source claiming that, not even Ash Sarkar herself.

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't see what you're getting at, how was she dealt with that makes it a problem for you?

Doubt he knows what he meant. Prepare yourself for obfuscation.  

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Oh yes, they are.

Absolute garbage! The British Establishment, including many Scots on the make, is not particularly democratic is it? House of Lords, fptp, regularly changing prime ministers without an election, undermining devolution, no devolved parliament for England which means that hole, Westminster is defacto the English government.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Absolute garbage! The British Establishment, including many Scots on the make, is not particularly democratic is it? House of Lords, fptp, regularly changing prime ministers without an election, undermining devolution, no devolved parliament for England which means that hole, Westminster is defacto the English government.

Those that are thick can't see that.

10 minutes ago, JimBett365 said:

Doubt he knows what he meant. Prepare yourself for obfuscation.  

ok Alex or is it the returning dragons. i get confused by your multiple doppelgangers. 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

ok Alex or is it the dragon returns. i get confused by your multiple doppelgangers. 

How was she dealt with that's a problem for you?