***World Cup Play-off Draw - Ukraine. ***

iantjambo

24 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I'm also going to take a stab in the dark and say the Ukranian Football Governing Body has considerable more money than the Scotish Football Association.

Not that it really matters but the Ukrainian 2nd Division has VAR.  So you are probably right with that one.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Malinga the Swinga

• Mikey1874

• Sooks

3 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Fifa and Uefa finaly saw sense and banned all ruskies

I do obviously support this and to me it is very much the right thing to do but at the end of the day the football team have done **** all wrong.

Maiden Gorgie
15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Now is nor the time nor place so let us put this one on ice.

It's really not the time nor the place for your original pile of guff, but crack on with your ill-informed shite

6 minutes ago, Maiden Gorgie said:

It's really not the time nor the place for your original pile of guff, but crack on with your ill-informed shite

What was ill informed? What do you disagree with?

Pasquale for King

You get the feeling that the Ukraine will have the support of most other countries when they play us, their players will be so motivated also. 
A difficult tie just became so much harder and maybe even see Scots rooting for the opposition. 

Maiden Gorgie
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

What was ill informed? What do you disagree with?

1. Read your posts again

2. Guess

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You get the feeling that the Ukraine will have the support of most other countries when they play us, their players will be so motivated also. 
A difficult tie just became so much harder and maybe even see Scots rooting for the opposition. 

Any Scot rooting for Ukraine to beat us is quite simply an embarrassment.

We are talking about giving them the proceeds of the game but if they get to Qatar they wont have a problem funding their involvement in the tournament (it costs a lot of money).

Jambo in Bathgate
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I do obviously support this and to me it is very much the right thing to do but at the end of the day the football team have done **** all wrong.

Collateral damage! Except they won’t be killed. Any country that makes a 15 year old girl take performance enhancing drugs doesn’t deserve to be in sport. The locals know what to do! Get rid of Putin. 

Naisys Tackle
53 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Any Scot rooting for Ukraine to beat us is quite simply an embarrassment.

There will be plenty Celtic and The Rangers fans wanting that.  100%. 

Naisys Tackle
53 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We are talking about giving them the proceeds of the game but if they get to Qatar they wont have a problem funding their involvement in the tournament (it costs a lot of money).

They will make enough money through qualification to cover any costs. 

Malinga the Swinga

I see Leckie peddling this same shite about standing aside to o let Ukraine through. The race to empathy gold showing no signs of stopping.

Utter shit of course. Let's see Wales/Austria standing aside as well or is it just good old Scotland who are the lapdogs of everyone.

9 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

It's really unfortunate for Ukraine but they have to put out he best team they can on the day at Hampden.

And if they can't fulfil the fixture then Scotland are awarded the tie.

But with the football authorities no doubt we play a rearranged game in Monaco in 3 months time.

By when Scotland will have beaten Austria, Ukraine beat us and then Austria beat Ukraine.

Exactly that. The game has to be played as scheduled. Horrible horrible situation politically over there, but it isn't our own teams fault, so the tie has to be played 

Think it's worse the fact that FIFA are holding it in Qatar if we are going to talk about any sort of bad integrity. Playing the game simply doesn't fall into that type of category. 

That all said, The SFA should take their costs and the rest of the monies should be given through charity to support some of the poor people in UKRAINE, afflicted and impacted by this whole mess, and something that isn't any of their doing. That imo would be the right gesture to make. Giving them advantages on the football park, not so much 

14 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I see Leckie peddling this same shite about standing aside to o let Ukraine through. The race to empathy gold showing no signs of stopping.

Utter shit of course. Let's see Wales/Austria standing aside as well or is it just good old Scotland who are the lapdogs of everyone.

He has been peddling shite since his mammy learned him how to talk, so no real surprise there 

Your 100% right though in what you say 

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Could say the same about the Russian people. 

I'm all for making a show of solidarity with what their country is experiencing but I hope we hammer them.

It's football. For me it's beyond politics, religion, race etc.

I want my team to beat the other team by a multitude of goals.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I hope we ****ing hammer them and the game is played as and when it should.

War aside (as it should be as this is football), Ukranian fans are a bunch of far right thugs  - this whole love in is turning my stomach.

All these self-righteous pricks jumping on the latest 'feel good' cause bandwagon getting all benevolent.

Any club even playing to qualify for Qatar 2022 has no right to suddenly get all moralistic.

Qatar is one of the most shame filled countries to ever steal oxygen.

This is football, leave politics to one side and get in all about them!

No one seemed to have had a nice word to say about Ukraine 2 weeks ago and their fanbase at football deserves nothing but worldwide condemnation.

I am absolutely dreading (but expecting) the most vomit inducing show of nausea ever at this game with Ukranian flags in the Scotland end and half and half scarves etc  - ****ing embarrassing.

Do you think for one second Ukranians would contemplate ‘going easy’ on us if the situation were reversed.

We really need to toughen up and strap on a set.

Perhaps the most shameful, indifferent to the suffering of others and self-serving post in JKB history

Sub4TiddlerMurray
49 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Standing aside would be a truly outstanding gesture given that war has been declared on the Ukrainian people. But some dumbass people still think a game of football is more important.

2 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Standing aside would be a truly outstanding gesture given that war has been declared on the Ukrainian people. But some dumbass people still think a game of football is more important.

Should we just award them a win for every game after Scotland too? Just crown them World Champions. If not then what game after their bye vs Scotland is the one they need to play?

Malinga the Swinga
14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Should we just award them a win for every game after Scotland too? Just crown them World Champions. If not then what game after their bye vs Scotland is the one they need to play?

No, it's just Scotland apparently who should stand aside. Laughable that some of these folk actually believe this shit.

31 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Who thinks football is more important?

But you can bet your arse Ukraine try and win the game, therefore why should we not?

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The huns always do.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Who thinks football is more important?

But you can bet your arse Ukraine try and win the game, therefore why should we not?

Of course they will. We should be as flexible as possible re the fixture but I don’t see why we would stand aside. Where does that end?

Jambo in Bathgate
23 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Of course they will. We should be as flexible as possible re the fixture but I don’t see why we would stand aside. Where does that end?

Unfortunately it’s now become a no win game for Scotland. How can fans celebrate a victory. So difficult for fans and players. 

Naisys Tackle
22 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Unfortunately it’s now become a no win game for Scotland. How can fans celebrate a victory. So difficult for fans and players. 

If we walk out for the World Cup and the national anthem starts blaring I won't give a shiny who we beat to get there and that's me as someone who is now involved in Ukrainian charity work. 

If/when we beat Ukraine Hampden will go mental.  And rightly so. 

33 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Why would we not celebrate? This is getting quite riduculous now.

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

10 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

If we walk out for the World Cup and the national anthem starts blaring I won't give a shiny who we beat to get there and that's me as someone who is now involved in Ukrainian charity work. 

Correct. 

10 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

If/when we beat Ukraine Hampden will go mental.  And rightly so. 

Nah, you're taking too much into a football match. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, i8hibsh said:

If any club had any shame then every nation would boycott Qatar as a whole. Why are we just caring about atrocities now?

You have a general  point somewhere but Russia invading another country is  A bit different to other countries and the the way they treat thier own citizens. 

With the looks of some of your comments You've have had us playing football in the 40's. 

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

A difficult tie just became so much harder and maybe even see *Scots rooting for the opposition. 

* This all ready happens. But they are not Scots.

Edited by ri Alban

Heres Rixxy
6 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Yup. I'm defo going to at least booo if we dare score against them. 

6 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

I'll show ye. :jambobanana:

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'll show ye. :jambobanana:

🤣🤣

359557.jpg

9 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

The way some folk are talking you'd think we invaded Ukraine.

Unknown user
9 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You have a general  point somewhere but Russia invading another country is  A bit different to other countries and the the way they treat thier own citizens. 

With the looks of some of your comments You've have had us playing football in the 40's. 

Ah that's i8

"I see things are bad in <insert country1>."

"Things are also bad in <insert country2>, I am very smart in pointing this out."

Edited by Smithee

The Old Tolbooth
14 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

You fly with the crows you get shot with them, the more sanctions against this lot the better, and it might just force the people into an uprising in Russia to overthrow their government, so banning their sporting teams from events is exactly one of the right sanctions to do, absolutely zero doubt in my mind! 

I totally agree with not letting Ukraine have a bye though, that's just absolute madness, if we win then it'll be viewed as tainted, if we lose then the whole world will cheer, but a bye is out of the question, c'mon Scotland! 

9 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

You fly with the crows you get shot with them, the more sanctions against this lot the better, and it might just force the people into an uprising in Russia to overthrow their government, so banning their sporting teams from events is exactly one of the right sanctions to do, absolutely zero doubt in my mind! 

I totally agree with not letting Ukraine have a bye though, that's just absolute madness, if we win then it'll be viewed as tainted, if we lose then the whole world will cheer, but a bye is out of the question, c'mon Scotland! 

Agreed, I think whilst some of these Russian individuals who are being sanctioned or chucked out of various events might have very little to do with the invasion it’s something which can be done which spills no blood and is likely to cause an effect.

Whether this is a backlash from powerful people in the state or from fans across the country these are things which will put pressure on Putin and the decision makers.

Football and other sports are trivial with everything that is going on however we all saw the effect it had on us when football was on hold during the pandemic and then fans couldn’t attend. 

mickycameron98
12 hours ago, Sooks said:

Exactly. If anything Ukraine should offer to withdraw while their country is amidst war. 

Edited by mickycameron98

1 minute ago, mickycameron98 said:

Exactly. If anything Ukraine should offer to withdraw while their country is amidst war. 

I would not go that far but I do not think they should be given a bye either.

Game with Ukraine should go ahead as planned.

If they can't raise a team then it's a bye or another team comes in at short notice.

If the Scotland squad or the SFA donate match fees or some of the profits to a recognised, trustworthy Ukranian humanitarian charity, so be it, but not to the Ukranian FA.

I'd also expect any Ukrainian player that is in their squad to consider doing similar.

Kicking Russia out is the correct thing but anything other than playing this tie is wrong. Happy for any gate receipts to go to help the Ukrainian people though. 

27 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Kicking Russia out is the correct thing but anything other than playing this tie is wrong. Happy for any gate receipts to go to help the Ukrainian people though. 

I doubt Scotland will get a bye.

I'd imagine there will be a next in line process to cover Russia getting kicked out and in the event Ukraine can't play.

But there will have to be a reasonable timescale commitment from Ukraine, which really should only be a week or so away.

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Agreed, I think whilst some of these Russian individuals who are being sanctioned or chucked out of various events might have very little to do with the invasion it’s something which can be done which spills no blood and is likely to cause an effect.

Whether this is a backlash from powerful people in the state or from fans across the country these are things which will put pressure on Putin and the decision makers.

Football and other sports are trivial with everything that is going on however we all saw the effect it had on us when football was on hold during the pandemic and then fans couldn’t attend. 

That's exactly it mate, people underestimate the power of sporting events, or the lack of them, the Russians will be majorly gutted to have these sanctions in place for sure. 

Ukraine might need to just use overseas players. Most of the squad do play in Ukraine though. 

Home players could get stuck in Ukraine. 

14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Ukraine might need to just use overseas players. Most of the squad do play in Ukraine though. 

Home players could get stuck in Ukraine. 

How many of those overseas based players will go and fight? Similar to lukoshenko (sp) the boxer doing so

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, mickycameron98 said:

Their country is being invaded. 

War was imposed on them.