***World Cup Play-off Draw - Ukraine. ***

iantjambo

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

1974 -1990 we qualified for 5 world cups, something far wrong now.

I blame capitalism.

Had the Soviet Union, Yugoslavia etc still existed then we would only be facing two teams instead of about a dozen new banana skins!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Malinga the Swinga

• Mikey1874

• Sooks

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61655224

Steve Clarke says "I don't know if it's a must" to lead Scotland to the Euro 2024 finals to realise his dream of being head coach for World Cup 2026.

Scotland missed out on this year's World Cup finals after Wednesday's 3-1 play-off semi-final loss to Ukraine.

"My contract runs out when our interest in Euro 2024 runs out, so it's probably a good idea to qualify for Euro 2024," the 58-year-old said.

Asked if it was necessary, he replied: "You'd have to ask my bosses that."

:cornette:

Sorry Steve, but literally any person in the country could manage the team to fail to qualify for something.  You're supposed to be the best man for the job, and should be going all out to qualify for Euro 2024.

If you can't see that, do us all a favour and **** off right now.

Pasquale for King

More of the same dross tonight, good reason for the TA Fannie’s to leave early for the last train. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Clarkes on the slide IMO reading those quotes. Seems downbeat and depressed. Not even any attempt to try and lift the mood. Just deflated. Has happened to quite a few national managers, they get bored as there’s basically no day job. Then a bad result in a big game due to their own selection blunder, just comes as a punch in the gut and they can’t recover. 

What was he playing at picking that defence and midfield? I still think

it could be the worst selection call in my memory. What planet was he on when he picked that team? Certainly not Earth. Think Scotland will be on a manager hunt shortly and the same sort of questions mist be being asked behind the scenes. Hickey debut on the wrong side. Mctominay in defence. Gilmour in the team. Hanley being allowed north of Hadrian’s wall ever again. All disastrous calls. Worst team selection in Scottish history, we never thought 4-6-0 could be eclipsed but it’s happened. 

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Games on premier sports, another channel i binned, thats a big shame.

Corrie it is.

Me too, certainly not going to the pub to watch this.  It’s all a bit of anti climax.  Had enough of Clarke and his blunder selections too.