***World Cup Play-off Draw - Ukraine. ***

iantjambo

3 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Was the only outcome and I saw it coming weeks ago.  They can only play when they are ready 

Yes we all saw it coming mate.

You have to assume there comes a time where the tie needs to be played or Ukraine have to withdraw though. Unfortunate for them as that might be it looks the most likely option to me if they still can’t play in June. The draw for the finals has got to be around then so June looks to me like the end of the line on this.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Malinga the Swinga

• Mikey1874

• Sooks

Going to be a busy June with 4 matches already scheduled, wonder if they will move one of them to September to make that one a triple header. 

Jambo 4 Ever
On 12/02/2022 at 20:18, Malinga the Swinga said:

No chance. Not our problem and up to them to fulfill fixture. If they are involved in war, chuck them out and Scotland through to playoff final.

Throw Russia out as well. 

On 15/02/2022 at 15:56, Malinga the Swinga said:

Sorry, world is a cruel place and them' the breaks. 

Show up and play or withdraw. That's their options. They will be there.

On 12/02/2022 at 20:25, Hesh said:

Never be postponed. Just heave the two of them, I’d be ok if they were replaced with other teams but probably too late for that 

Thankfully those in charge have shown more compassion and understanding and have done the right thing and allow it to be postponed

Malinga the Swinga

What happens if war not over? Do we postpone again? Wouldn't be biggest shock if CAS allows Russia back in again and postpones their game as well.

40 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

What happens if war not over? Do we postpone again? Wouldn't be biggest shock if CAS allows Russia back in again and postpones their game as well.

We'll probably know come June if there'll be a WC this year

On 10/03/2022 at 14:35, Mikey1874 said:

Looking to arrange a friendly with Poland to replace Ukraine game. 

confirmed we will play poland on 24th march

16 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Confirmed again today this is happening. I think we'll be playing Wales a week on Tuesday. 

• 3 weeks later...

The position Ukraine are in is explained in an interview with their manager in the Guardian.

Football is currently banned in Ukraine. Their manager is looking to hold a training camp and play 5 or 6 games to regain fitness. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/01/ukraine-football-manager-oleksandr-petrakov-war-world-cup-hatred-russia

• 2 weeks later...

I see things are starting to happen. Shaktor Donetsk, one of the main teams is going to play some games for charity and Poland has offered to host a training camp for the national side.

Positive signs towards Ukraine v Scotland going ahead.

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

I see things are starting to happen. Shaktor Donetsk, one of the main teams is going to play some games for charity and Poland has offered to host a training camp for the national side.

Positive signs towards Ukraine v Scotland going ahead.

Every non-Scot football supporter will wanting Ukraine to win.

Naisys Tackle
On 09/04/2022 at 21:02, Tommy Brown said:

Every non-Scot football supporter will wanting Ukraine to win.

We are Scotland, super Scotland? :lol: 

Scotland have not lost their home nations league game versus Ukraine. Talk of the game being counted as the play off game but Scotland have won that one and don't lose a home gate. 

HamishMcGonagall
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Potentially 5 games in 13 days then! Can't be helped but that's tough going. 

jambostuart
3 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Advantage Wales then

physically maybe. If Scotland can go in to the game on the back of a solid win we could have a mental advantage. All depends if we pick up knocks/niggles

The Treasurer

Do they honestly think that Ukraine will be in a position to play a game of football in about 8 weeks time 

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Do they honestly think that Ukraine will be in a position to play a game of football in about 8 weeks time 

Guaranteed.

Shaktor Donetsk and Dynamo Kiev are training and playing games. Based in Poland and Germany I think. 

Edited by Mikey1874

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m in Menorca for the match. I quite like watching football in warmer climes though. ☀️🍻️ 

Does that go for semi finals and finals involving Hearts? 😟

No free passes just because there's a pagger back home.

I'll support the Ukrainian nation in that pagger all the way.

But for those 90 minutes of football, I want them well beat.

As soon as the final whistle goes I'll go right back to backing them to the hilt.

18 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Going by Scotland's previous history we will mange to somehow conjure up a defeat from the jaws of victory.

18 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Sevco fans moaning about their European tie being between two Celtic matches.

Are the Ukrainian players even training, are they fighting on the front line right now?

Are their families safe and alive.

Honestly think Scotland should just give them the tie. IMO.

Put Ukraine through and be big enough to do it in these times, it's supposed to be what Scots are known for.

It's just a game.

davemclaren
20 minutes ago, Australis said:

Are the Ukrainian players even training, are they fighting on the front line right now?

Put Ukraine through and be big enough to do it in these times, it's supposed to be what Scots are known for.

It's just a game.

How far do you take that? Should the World Cup be cancelled and Ukraine just handed the trophy?

23 minutes ago, Australis said:

It's just a game.

should wales do the same thing and just give them the WC spot?, then should england, usa and iran give them top spot in the group all the way to making them champions?

Just now, davemclaren said:

How far do you take that? Should the World Cup be cancelled and Ukraine just handed the trophy?

I know, I know.

But let it be England or Wales, USA or someone else play them off the park later in the tournament.

It's not right the match is going ahead.

Just my opinion.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Australis said:

I know, I know.

But let it be England or Wales, USA or someone else play them off the park later in the tournament.

Just my opinion.

I assume it’s only going ahead because Ukraine want it to. 

1 minute ago, Australis said:

I know, I know.

Just my opinion.

:laugh:

I think you just don't want Scotland at the World Cup.

This isn't the EuroVision song contest, it's meant to be the best teams in the world competing for a trophy.

I P Knightley
12 hours ago, Australis said:

It's just a game.

From the outset, I've said that Scotland should boycott the Qatar WC on human rights grounds. Mind you, I was saying that in the expectation that we'd never come close to qualifying and the "boycott" was an excuse to cover up any embarrassment. 

Now, everyone will hate us for pumping Ukraine oot!

Fozzyonthefence
12 hours ago, Australis said:

It's just a game.

Aye, just everyone hand Ukraine the World Cup and not bother playing it.  Or is it only Scotland that should forfeit the right to play in it?  Sorry, that’s absolute bullshit!

Jambo 4 Ever

Just bumping this up to see if anyone knows of any tickets going for this game?

trying to get them as a gift for someone 

Thanks  

The SFA are dealing with returns at the moment for people who cant make the rearranged game so there will be a further public sale at some point.