***World Cup Play-off Draw - Ukraine. ***

iantjambo

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Exactly what do people think should happen here should every team that has to play them step aside and we just make them World Champions or is it just us that should do it?

Currently that's happening with Russia. 

Free path to qualify then who will agree to play them? 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Malinga the Swinga

• Mikey1874

• Sooks

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Currently that's happening with Russia. 

Free path to qualify then who will agree to play them? 

They should be kicked out and I think that will happen eventually but FIFA are just a spineless and corrupt organisation so who knows.

The Treasurer
51 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I think that Ukraine will withdraw from the play off. I’d prefer we agree to delay the tie, even just for 4 weeks and the situation might be resolved over there, or at least better. 

If the game goes ahead No doubt there will be sympathetic gestures on the night, quite rightly, but those need to cease at kick off and we get right in about them. I imagine if they play they will be massively up for it so it’s makes the tie that much more difficult than it already was.

Difficult to reschedule an international match with the tight fixture lists at both club and national level 

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

They should be kicked out and I think that will happen eventually but FIFA are just a spineless and corrupt organisation so who knows.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Sooks said:

There is no guarantee about your first sentence.

The Finland and Sweden situation goes back to 1808 when Russia and Sweden were at war. Russia have been making claims about countries joining NATO for decades now as they see it as a threat to their territory having missiles and armaments so close to their borders. Latvia and Estonia are a part of NATO and Russia will not invade them for that reason that really would signal World War III. An attack on one NATO country is an attack on all NATO countries.

There is plenty that can and probably will happen before your scenario of sacrificing Ukraine or war happens. 

This is about the football though so if we stick to that then we should not be stepping aside and giving Ukraine a bye.

Time will tell on first parts I guess. 

Agreed, Scotland shouldn't give up the tie but we should If asked to- postpone the tie. 

If we play it, we should give 100% and try to knock them out. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Sooks said:

The Finland and Sweden situation goes back to 1808 when Russia and Sweden were at war. Russia have been making claims about countries joining NATO for decades now as they see it as a threat to their territory having missiles and armaments so close to their borders. Latvia and Estonia are a part of NATO and Russia will not invade them for that reason that really would signal World War III. An attack on one NATO country is an attack on all NATO countries.

There is plenty that can and probably will happen before your scenario of sacrificing Ukraine or war happens. 

This is about the football though so if we stick to that then we should not be stepping aside and giving Ukraine a bye.

Agreed, Scotland shouldn't give up the tie but we should If asked to- postpone the tie. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Sooks said:

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I agree with all of that 

Malinga the Swinga
24 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

No. What happens if some of our guys catch Covid or are injured. 

It's tough on Ukraine but not our fault.

We didn't set dates, but thems the rules.

I hope we ****ing hammer them and the game is played as and when it should.

War aside (as it should be as this is football), Ukranian fans are a bunch of far right thugs  - this whole love in is turning my stomach.

All these self-righteous pricks jumping on the latest 'feel good' cause bandwagon getting all benevolent.

Any club even playing to qualify for Qatar 2022 has no right to suddenly get all moralistic.

Qatar is one of the most shame filled countries to ever steal oxygen.

This is football, leave politics to one side and get in all about them!

No one seemed to have had a nice word to say about Ukraine 2 weeks ago and their fanbase at football deserves nothing but worldwide condemnation.

I am absolutely dreading (but expecting) the most vomit inducing show of nausea ever at this game with Ukranian flags in the Scotland end and half and half scarves etc  - ****ing embarrassing.

Do you think for one second Ukranians would contemplate ‘going easy’ on us if the situation were reversed.

We really need to toughen up and strap on a set.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I agree with all of that 

Yeah, fair and reasonable. 

Most would agree. 

The sfa will agree as well if asked. 

20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

War aside (as it should be as this is football), Ukranian fans are a bunch of far right thugs  - this whole love in is turning my stomach.

All these self-righteous pricks jumping on the latest 'feel good' cause bandwagon getting all benevolent.

Any club even playing to qualify for Qatar 2022 has no right to suddenly get all moralistic.

No one seemed to have had a nice word to say about Ukraine 2 weeks ago and their fanbase at football deserves nothing but worldwide condemnation.

I am absolutely dreading (but expecting) the most vomit inducing show of nausea ever at this game with Ukranian flags in the Scotland end and half and half scarves etc  - ****ing embarrassing.

Do you think for one second Ukranians would contemplate ‘going easy’ on us if the situation were reversed.

Vladimir, is that you? 

:D

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Just for you I hope it's a celebration of LGBT rights, a minutes silence for BLM and the ref's a wumin... as well as half n half flags all over the place. 

download (20).jpeg

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Just for you I hope it's a celebration of LGBT rights, a minutes silence for BLM and the ref's a wumin... as well as half n half flags all over the place. 

download (20).jpeg

I just want Scotland to win.  It is a football game not a hippy commune.

Naisys Tackle

All proceeds of the sell out should be offered to Ukrainian charities dealing with the events imo.   The police should police for free also. 

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

All proceeds of the sell out should be offered to Ukrainian charities dealing with the events imo.   The police should police for free also. 

What makes Ukraine so special?

Seriously, what?

Have you ever visited planet earth?  Free this and free that. 

Laughable.

Maiden Gorgie
29 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Probably one of the worst posts in JKB history. Congrats

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

What makes Ukraine so special?

Seriously, what?

Have you ever visited planet earth?  Free this and free that. 

Laughable.

Erm because we are playing them next Month and they are currently being invaded by Russia?   It's not as if we are playing another nation to then give money to Ukraine.  We are actually playing that nation and have sold out the stadium against them.  It would be a very good gesture. 

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Erm because we are playing them next Month and they are currently being invaded by Russia?   It's not as if we are playing another nation to then give money to Ukraine.  We are actually playing that nation and have sold out the stadium against them.  It would be a very good gesture. 

{{cringe}} x infinity squared to the power of infinity.

1 minute ago, Maiden Gorgie said:

I would agree with that. Boy is a slavering mess, but those sentiments are shameful. 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, i8hibsh said:

Their country is being bombed and shot at as we speak.  It's hardly a minor thing for a country that already has millions of Orphans. 

Show some compassion man and to fellow man. 

If we were to give proceeds away I would sooner give to our countries elderly who in about a month's time many will not even be able to afford to put a ****ing kettle on.

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Their country is being bombed and shot at as we speak.  It's hardly a minor thing for a country that already has millions of Orphans. 

What part of "war aside" did you not get from my post?

This is a thread on a football forum.  There is a thread in the shed to get the heart strings plucked.

Edited by i8hibsh

Naisys Tackle

If we were to give proceeds away I would sooner give to our countries elderly who in about a month's time many will not even be able to afford to put a ****ing kettle on.

And you are claiming others of over dramatising things. :lol: 

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

And you are claiming others of over dramatising things. :lol: 

Sadly, the scenario is VERY real.

Naisys Tackle

What part of "war aside" did you not get from my post?

This is a thread on a football forum.  There is a thread in the shed to get the heart strings plucked.

Yes.  And we are playing the Ukraine at football next month.  The proceeds of the football game should go to them.

ShortmanRossco
7 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

To be fair, if you could arm every person in Ukraine with the amount of grenades that I8 chucks into JKB they could flatten St Petersburg. 

14 minutes ago, Maiden Gorgie said:

If you were going to say who would post this it wouldn't be too hard to guess.

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yes.  And we are playing the Ukraine at football next month.  The proceeds of the football game should go to them.

I ask again, what makes Ukraine so special?

There are billions in desperate need all over the world.

I also ask, how much are Qatar aka the richest country on the planet giving Ukraine?  How much of their stinkingly rich dirty blood money are they handing to the Ukranians?

I also ask how do you propose this transaction goes ahead.  Do we keep a biscuit tin with the proceeds and hand it over at the end of the night?

Naisys Tackle
Just now, i8hibsh said:

I ask again, what makes Ukraine so special?

There are billions in desperate need all over the world.

I also ask, how much are Qatar aka the richest country on the planet giving Ukraine?  How much of their stinkingly rich dirty blood money are they handing to the Ukranians?

I also ask how do you propose this transaction goes ahead.  Do we keep a biscuit tin with the proceeds and hand it over at the end of the night?

We are playing against a county that have just been invaded.  That's what makes them so special.

If Qatar played them you would hope they would donate ticket funds to them also.

Biscuit tin?  The game is sold out.  The SFA already have the money.  Take off costs and then donate what's left.  That would be the right and very simple thing to do. 

50 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Look at me, as usual!

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, ShortmanRossco said:

To be fair, if you could arm every person in Ukraine with the amount of grenades that I8 chucks into JKB they could flatten St Petersburg. 

I refuse to believe someone could be that ignorant to current events. 

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

We are playing against a county that have just been invaded.  That's what makes them so special.

If Qatar played them you would hope they would donate ticket funds to them also.

Biscuit tin?  The game is sold out.  The SFA already have the money.  Take off costs and then donate what's left.  That would be the right and very simple thing to do. 

Donate where? How does the donation get managed?  How do we ensure it goes to the right people?

A_A wehatethehibs

9 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

The proceeds of the football game should go to whoever the proceeds are awarded in the rules. Scotland is hosting the game. The SFA have an entire staff of several hundred people who’s wages need paid having just had 2 years without a crowd in the stadium… it’s a ****ing stupid suggestion.

The U.K. government has already lead the world in the supply sophisticated weapons and ammunition which is currently kicking the shite out of the tin pot russian 1970s tanks & forces. We have helped the ukranians to the tune of hundreds of millions if not billions. The gate from a football game is **** all in the face of the adversary ukranians are standing up to.

Feel for the people of Ukraine. Also feel for the people of Russia as well, and their troops too, all victims of a mafia thug state. However the best sporting gesture for Scotland and the SFA, is to play the game in full blooded fashion and look to knock Ukraine out, salute them, shake their hands and wish them all the best.

Naisys Tackle

Donate where? How does the donation get managed?  How do we ensure it goes to the right people?

There are recognized charities that work with the people of Ukraine all year round the country is in poverty already and now it's being torn apart by Russia.  

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The proceeds of the football game should go to whoever the proceeds are awarded in the rules. Scotland is hosting the game. The SFA have an entire staff of several hundred people who’s wages need paid having just had 2 years without a crowd in the stadium… it’s a ****ing stupid suggestion.

The U.K. government has already lead the world in the supply sophisticated weapons and ammunition which is currently kicking the shite out of the tin pot russian 1970s tanks & forces. We have helped the ukranians to the tune of hundreds of millions if not billions. The gate from a football game is **** all in the face of the adversary ukranians are standing up to.

Feel for the people of Ukraine. Also feel for the people of Russia as well, and their troops too, all victims of a mafia thug state. However the best sporting gesture for Scotland and the SFA, is to play the game in full blooded fashion and look to knock Ukraine out, salute them, shake their hands and wish them all the best.

By proceeds I my what is leftover after costs are paid for, obviously.  I'm not suggesting the SFA go without.

That would show proper solidarity.  Not just a statement.  I'm sure you thought it was a shite idea when over clubs had cash buckets for us when in admin because Romanov spunked the cash away? 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It's high virtue signalling by virtue signallers. 

41 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Would the equal ... infinity and beyond 🤣 what a walloper

Edited by jock _turd

I'm also going to take a stab in the dark and say the Ukranian Football Governing Body has considerable more money than the Scotish Football Association.

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yeah, I think the tie should be played. I don't really rate our chances with this as the backdrop though. I think Ukraine as a nation is showing the heart of a lion at the moment and would fully expect their players to be at 100% ready to give their people something to cheer about. I think for them it'll be more than a bog-standard qualifier. 

Not entirely sure Ukraine would accept a by either tbh. 

If it goes ahead, it will be a seriously tough fixture IMO.