• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Malinga the Swinga

• Mikey1874

• Sooks

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Not half hoping, 100% hoping that's the case. Happy enough though, would be sweet to put Wales out.

Is it not Austria away for us if we beat Ukraine and they beat Wales 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Restonbabe said:

Where is the potential final?? 

We'll be in Wales or Austria if we make it. 

dobmisterdobster
3 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Indeed, not to mention the fact that Russia is effectively occupying a large chunk of Eastern Ukraine (which is why Shakhtar currently play in Kiev rather than their home city of Donetsk). There are several other pairings that UEFA keep apart at both club and country level, including I think Gibraltar/Spain and Israel/Turkey.

Israel/Turkey is fine. Gibraltar/Spain, Kosovo/Bosnia, Kosovo/Serbia, Armenia/Azerbaijan and Russia/Ukraine are UEFA's prohibited fixtures.

Just now, XB52 said:

Nations league I think

Nations League? When did that happen? WC qualification groups have only just finished. I'm sure you're correct, but they really do not deserve to be in these play offs, never mind potentially getting one of the home ties in the final games.

Don’t think we could’ve asked for a lot better to be honest. Home in the final should we get there would’ve been nice. But at least we missed the big guns. 

One of Italy or Portugal staying at home

dobmisterdobster
1 minute ago, tynewater said:

Nations League? When did that happen? WC qualification groups have only just finished. I'm sure you're correct, but they really do not deserve to be in these play offs, never mind potentially getting one of the home ties in the final games.

Nations League concluded just after we beat Serbia on penalties

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So if Russsia has invaded, do we get a bye? 

Need Christmas invasion and annexing complete by Feb, to allow for Scotland to progress to final.

Could happen

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Need Christmas invasion and annexing complete by Feb, to allow for Scotland to progress to final.

Could happen

🤔

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, JamboCampbell said:

surely move to the principality if we pump Ukraine and Wales beat Austria right?

Wouldn't think so. They have better record in smaller stadium. 

20 minutes ago, tynewater said:

How the hell are Austria even in this? We finished way ahead of them in our group, but could face them in Vienna for a place in the finals. No justice in that, if that's the way it turns out.

Qualified for the playoffs via the Nations league.

3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Path 2 is a hard one to call.

Wouldn’t like to bet on any of them. Load of pish having a second draw for venue. Game 1 v Game 2, 3 v 4 and 5 v 6 has been used throughout history with double draws. I got my hopes up when I saw we were first out. 

1 minute ago, Shaggy2 said:

Wouldn’t like to bet on any of them. Load of pish having a second draw for venue. Game 1 v Game 2, 3 v 4 and 5 v 6 has been used throughout history with double draws. I got my hopes up when I saw we were first out. 

Could genuinely be any of them. Which I suppose could also be said about our path.

22 minutes ago, tynewater said:

They deserve to be in the playoff because of where they finished in the Nations League

Maroon Sailor

Portugal and Italy not so cocky now

Jorginho's 90th minute penalty miss v Switzerland could be really costly now.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Hopefully Portugal and Ronaldo will miss out.  Seems ridiculous that Italy could miss out after being European champions and only losing one game out of around their last 40.  

So when do the dates get confirmed then? I want to know when to put holidays in for, I’m assuming as we are 1st out that means we will play the 1st math on the 24th then if we win then the 27th?

2 minutes ago, Vic Vespa said:

Decent and do-able, mustn't grumble.

However, doesn't matter really, surely glorious failure beckons ....

For the first time in god knows how long. We’ve actually got a team that I believe in.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

I live in Wales.

I have a nasty feeling I know how this song ends.

Rubbing the nose of the arrogant Welsh is how it will end, you just need to believe. I'm sure the players and coaching staff do.

27 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

All the journalists saying Italy and Portugal were the favourites to qualify too. 

Not a great draw for Scotland but home advantage will tip the balance hopefully. They definitely have a stronger middle and front with Benfica's Yaremchuk. 

No Italy again at a world cup would be crap and help England as no doubt Italy have their measure, only have themselves to blame for the draws allowing a lesser side take the auto spot.

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I live in Wales.

I have a nasty feeling I know how this song ends.

Nah, a repeat of Anfield 1977 is on the cards.

Memories of big Joe Jordan jumping up, punching the baw and winning a penalty :biggrin2:

Brighton Jambo

Good luck guys, a good draw.  I really hope you make it.  Play like you did against Denmark and you will pump Ukraine.

wales away isn’t easy with the atmosphere but stop Bale and you can beat them.

34 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Hopefully Portugal and Ronaldo will miss out.  Seems ridiculous that Italy could miss out after being European champions and only losing one game out of around their last 40.  

The former Czechoslovakia were European Champions in 1976 and failed to qualify for the 1978 World Cup, thanks to a 1-3 defeat at Hampden.

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Wales are cocky twats and I reckon Österreich will beat them.

I'm here..... 

Austria v Ukraine final. 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, tynewater said:

The play-offs take place from March 24 to 29, with 10 group runners-up joined by the two best group winners from the 2020/21 UEFA Nations League overall ranking that have neither qualified directly as group winners, nor entered the play-offs already as group runners-up.

Fozzyonthefence
49 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

The former Czechoslovakia were European Champions in 1976 and failed to qualify for the 1978 World Cup, thanks to a 1-3 defeat at Hampden.

I doubt they had been on anything like as good a run as Italy have been on though. 

Das Viertel Hearts
7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

All tough and all our level. Hampden will play a big part.

It really will ... noise will be ferocious if we get it right!!! 

Das Viertel Hearts
21 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

63b56cf6797f811244b25287a9952f55.jpg.29db95844dd5f56fe2da3b554742db1f.jpg

The kind of goal...that giants dream of!!! 

Some on here actually fortunate to have been there on the night!! 

Is that Gordon McQueen who was injured and could not go!!? An absolute hammer blow to our chances!!! 

Scotland might have a tough game v Ukraine but confident still but i believe we have far better players than Wales (Bales always injured and struggled for last while and Ramsey isn't as good as he was at Arsenal) - the day I worry about Wales for qualifying is the day I give up,if its not them it's Austria and we know we can beat them 

Bit annoyed about this. 

Wales were lower seeds than us and Austria got in via the back door. 

Wtf should we be away to either after the semi. 

Maroon Sailor
20 minutes ago, Das Viertel Hearts said:

Some on here actually fortunate to have been there on the night!! 

Is that Gordon McQueen who was injured and could not go!!? An absolute hammer blow to our chances!!! 

McQueen and McGrain

Missing out was really painful for McQueen in particular.

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Gizmo said:

Bit annoyed about this. 

Wales were lower seeds than us and Austria got in via the back door. 

Wtf should we be away to either after the semi. 

I think the home team should've been Scotland or Ukraine seeing as that was the first tie out.

Maroon Sailor
27 minutes ago, Das Viertel Hearts said:

That picture wasn't the goal but similar to the one he stuck away