***World Cup Play-off Draw - Ukraine. ***

iantjambo

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I thought Wales were playing Russia. 

Austria.  Russia are in the playoffs too though. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Malinga the Swinga

• Mikey1874

• Sooks

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Being serious.

Ban Russia and replace with Ukraine.

**** you Putin

Both Russia and Ukraine are in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nah, not at all Tbh. I tend to avoid the news and social media but thought I'd read up on it now. You are correct in the nato concerns. 

I intially thought it was what you thought, the South East part of the country that is sympathetic with Russia and just up from crimea and the expansion of nato as Ukraine want to join, but the twat has invaded from all possible sides. 

It's basically a full scale invasion. 

They're already fighting at kiyv Airport. 

Kiyv will be taken by the weekend at this rate. 

The West has imposed sanctions but he won't care about Russians suffering, in fact he'll use that as an excuse to  galvanise them and hate the West more given the media control. 

The West will Likley need to accept Russian control of Ukraine or go in to free it if things continue as they are. 

😳

Poor Ukraine. 

They are ****ed or like in 1939 when the nazis invaded Poland we go to war. 

Then there's china 😭😭

Then we're all ****ed. 

It's escalated fast. 

The guy is mad. 

👍

1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Both Russia and Ukraine are in the playoffs. 

I realised that after posting.

I thought Russia had already.

:facepalm:

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

They will be kicked out regardless.  Imagine they qualified?  The safety of normal Russians would be under threat massively also. 

There's also the chance Poland could refuse to play them for their own safety.  Imagine UEFA chucked Poland out. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I thought Wales were playing Russia. 

russia play poland and the winner of that plays sweden or czechs

Spartak Moscow are still in the Europa League as just been part of last 16 draw. But can't play at home has to be neutral venue. 

Looks like that will be the solution to Euros with games played away from Russia. 

Edited by Mikey1874

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Spartak Moscow are still in the Europa League as just been part of last 16 draw.

Zenit StP missed out on extra time due to a 'dubious' VAR in injury time against Betis last night

Another strange thing Russia are still participating in the winter Paralympic?
they should be kicked out, Russia should not be given any recognition.

18 minutes ago, stuartp said:

Another strange one, yes they will but not be participating under the Russian banner but the Russian Olympic Committee flag (I know, more political diplomatic bull).

Was watching the UAE tour (cycling) on Eurosport last night and was cheering to myself when the Gazprom (Russian energy company) rider was caught after a breakaway.  Normally like to see the breakaway riders win a stage.

The sporting world really needs to get together and ban Russia from all sporting events as imho would be more damaging to Russia than these silly sanctions being placed on the oligarchs.

12 hours ago, JamboNation said:

FIFA are too corrupt to take a lead, I'm  sure Russia have allot of dirt on them after they bought the last tournament

Given that FIFA will also represent football associations sympathetic to Russia it's unlikely that they can do anything. UEFA  represents several Slavic states as well a Belarus and Russia so the situation might not be that simple. 

Belarus and Russia should be expelled imo as they are active participants in the invasion, but there might be an argument for keeping them in so that they can face the abuse of other nations fans if they turn up to play in Europe.

I feel really uneasy at the idea of Ukraine missing out on sporting achievement because of this. Obviously I want Scotland to go through, but not like this.  

Remember how we felt being demoted because of a pandemic?

Glamorgan Jambo
8 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

I feel really uneasy at the idea of Ukraine missing out on sporting achievement because of this. Obviously I want Scotland to go through, but not like this.  

me too. If we have to wait a bit before playing the game that would be fine for most decent folks. Not FIFA though I suspect 

Poland have announced that they will refuse to play their play off against Russia next month. The winner would be due to play Sweden/Czech Republib and they are looking to also get those nations to take the same position.

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Poland have announced that they will refuse to play their play off against Russia next month. The winner would be due to play Sweden/Czech Republib and they are looking to also get those nations to take the same position.

Poland being added to Putins naughty list as we speak. 

Seymour M Hersh
23 hours ago, stuartp said:

Have they not broken the Olympic charter about being at war 7 days before or after a games? 

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

RB Leipzig need to follow suit and refuse to play Spartak Moscow in the Europa.

part_time_jambo
On 25/02/2022 at 11:28, Mikey1874 said:

Spartak Moscow are still in the Europa League as just been part of last 16 draw. But can't play at home has to be neutral venue. 

Looks like that will be the solution to Euros with games played away from Russia. 

Russia should not be allowed to participate in any international events at any level. I would support a boycott if Scotland or Scottish teams happened to be drawn against them at anything. That includes Hearts.

On 25/02/2022 at 13:24, gashauskis9 said:

This😍

6 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

Russia should not be allowed to participate in any international events at any level. I would support a boycott if Scotland or Scottish teams happened to be drawn against them at anything. That includes Hearts.

Norway have got it right banning Russians from taking part in World Championship Skiing events in their country.

SectionDJambo
On 25/02/2022 at 13:24, gashauskis9 said:

Certainly would be a blow for Scotland but maybe we should refuse any offer of a bye. Tell FIFA we want to wait until an appropriate time to play the match, or we will withdraw from the tournament. Some things are more important than a football game, and qualifying because of this outrage against Ukraine just wouldnt be honourable or right.

Bazzas right boot

Russian sports minster is disappointed as he thought sport was free from politics. 

As his country invades another he says that with a straight face. 

He sees invading a country as politics, tells you all you need to know about it. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Certainly would be a blow for Scotland but maybe we should refuse any offer of a bye. Tell FIFA we want to wait until an appropriate time to play the match, or we will withdraw from the tournament. Some things are more important than a football game, and qualifying because of this outrage against Ukraine just wouldnt be honourable or right.

We should offer to wait for the game to be played but we shouldn't pull out. 

That wouldn't signify anything. 

The dafties threatening Sweden and Finland as well so  football could be low in terms of importance very soon. 

Boy needs taken out. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

part_time_jambo
3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I would go further and give Ukraine a walkover. Show them our support.

At present Russia have a bye to the finals. The other countries having refused to play them. 

There will still be talks about  expelling them. 

Unprecedented. 

On 26/02/2022 at 18:28, SectionDJambo said:

Who wants to go Qatar anyway:lol:

First qualification for Euros since '92 and we play twice in Glasgow and London.

Now this. :sob:

On 26/02/2022 at 18:33, part_time_jambo said:

Wuid ye, aye.

I think for the first time in my 17 years posting on here I am lost for words.

On 24/02/2022 at 20:08, Tommy Brown said:

We're not allowed to be drawn against each other.

24 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

First qualification for Euros since '92 and we play twice in Glasgow and London.

you mean 96

25 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Not that it ismassively better but we qualified for England 1996.

8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

you mean 96

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Not that it ismassively better but we qualified for England 1996.

Yeah

I was getting at travelling abroad.

Malinga the Swinga
On 26/02/2022 at 18:28, SectionDJambo said:

Absolutely not. Ukrainian play on specified date or through we go.

Don't give a toss about honour, want to qualify.

Malinga the Swinga

Eh, **** that. Play as scheduled or Scotland go through. The crocodile tears of some is just an embarrassment.

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Eh, **** that. Play as scheduled or Scotland go through. The crocodile tears of some is just an embarrassment.

Nice 

Malinga the Swinga
17 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Nice 

Thanks. If it's any consolation, Russia, all their clubs, and Belarus should be kicked out immediately.

Would also ban them from next Euros, next nations league, the women's Euros, and all European club football next season (as a minimum).

Then chuck all their athletes and teams out of every sporting event.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Seems as if Russia might be banned but an RFU team - whatever the **** that is - might be ok.

FIFA need disbanded. All sponsors need to publicly step away from FIFA. ****ing corrupt clowns.

20 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Thanks. If it's any consolation, Russia, all their clubs, and Belarus should be kicked out immediately.

Would also ban them from next Euros, next nations league, the women's Euros, and all European club football next season (as a minimum).

Then chuck all their athletes and teams out of every sporting event.

Just like we were kicked out of everything when we invaded Iraq?    Not quite as simple as it seems but given the number of countries condemning Russia maybe all international sports should be paused until things get clearer. Russian and Ukrainian athletes all over the world. Lots of non-Russian athletes in Russia and Ukraine. Very hard to have clear cut rules. 

I would like to see Russia banned and if we were drawn against them then I would support us doing the same as the countries that are refusing to play them. I absolutely do not support us giving Ukraine a bye in our play off though.

Bazzas right boot

Putins gonna start chucking thermobolic and nuclear weapons about soon. 

He's warned Finland and Sweden about joining nato and severe consequences if they do  and Latvia, Estonia and Moldova etc  are preparing to be hit next as the Putin restores Russia, as he vowed he would. 

Unless the West sacrifices Ukraine for peace or he gets shot we're ****ed. Playing football matches will not be high on the list of priorities. 

The ****er needs taken out. 

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Putins gonna start chucking thermobolic and nuclear weapons about soon. 

He's warned Finland and Sweden about joining nato and severe consequences if they do  and Latvia, Estonia and Moldova etc  are preparing to be hit next as the Putin restores Russia, as he vowed he would. 

Unless the West sacrifices Ukraine for peace or he gets shot we're ****ed. Playing football matches will not be high on the list of priorities. 

The ****er needs taken out. 

There is no guarantee about your first sentence.

The Finland and Sweden situation goes back to 1808 when Russia and Sweden were at war. Russia have been making claims about countries joining NATO for decades now as they see it as a threat to their territory having missiles and armaments so close to their borders. Latvia and Estonia are a part of NATO and Russia will not invade them for that reason that really would signal World War III. An attack on one NATO country is an attack on all NATO countries.

There is plenty that can and probably will happen before your scenario of sacrificing Ukraine or war happens. 

This is about the football though so if we stick to that then we should not be stepping aside and giving Ukraine a bye.

It's really unfortunate for Ukraine but they have to put out he best team they can on the day at Hampden.

And if they can't fulfil the fixture then Scotland are awarded the tie.

But with the football authorities no doubt we play a rearranged game in Monaco in 3 months time.

By when Scotland will have beaten Austria, Ukraine beat us and then Austria beat Ukraine.

Edited by DETTY29

3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

It's really unfortunate for Ukraine but they have to put out he best team they can on the day at Hampden.

And of they can't fulfil the fixture then Scotland are awarded the tie.

But with the football authorities no doubt we play a rearranged game in Monaco in 3 months time.

By when Scotland will have beaten Austria, Ukraine beat us and then Austria beat Ukraine.

Exactly what do people think should happen here should every team that has to play them step aside and we just make them World Champions or is it just us that should do it?

I think that Ukraine will withdraw from the play off. I’d prefer we agree to delay the tie, even just for 4 weeks and the situation might be resolved over there, or at least better. 

If the game goes ahead No doubt there will be sympathetic gestures on the night, quite rightly, but those need to cease at kick off and we get right in about them. I imagine if they play they will be massively up for it so it’s makes the tie that much more difficult than it already was.