TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

A pint in the pub costs a lot more than from the supermarket. If it's not too cheap in the supermarket, it's not too cheap in a pub 

Ah I see what you are getting at now …………… Students will always still go to pubs though and the fact is to the best of my memory the prices at Tynecastle are cheaper than the other pubs in the vicinity and if it is still legal then I imagine there would be student deals

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It also looks like there is lots of new cabling going in along the Main Stand and Wheatfield Roofs. Disco lights?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, tazhearts said:

It also looks like there is lots of new cabling going in along the Main Stand and Wheatfield Roofs. Disco lights?

Disco lights for European night's! 

21 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Or for holding a massive club night on the pitch at the end of the season.

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I want to like your post but that apostrophe!!!  😧

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I'd rather we done the basics like painting the stepps in the Wheatfield than this disco lights crap to be honest. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

I'd rather we done the basics like painting the stepps in the Wheatfield than this disco lights crap to be honest. 

disco lights change colours, the step can as well! 

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

disco lights change colours, the step can as well! 

As I said my friend let's concentrate on the basic things. 

Stuttgart 2000
2 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

As I said my friend let's concentrate on the basic things. 

Basics and general upkeep are enough, easily the best atmosphere for big games and we have plenty coming up, Tynecastle is a unique stadium that other teams fans  are jealous as **** of, especially the tramps from lochend!! 👍👍

3 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I want to like your post but that apostrophe!!!  😧

So your trying to tell us you didnt like there post? Its time you layed off and aquired a sense of humor 😉

hoof.hearted
20 hours ago, tazhearts said:

Scaffolding for the big screens already up the Wheatfield Stand.

Saw that yesterday. Any idea where other one is going? Guess it'll be left of new stand so there are no blind areas...but it is Hearts so who knows.

13 minutes ago, hoof.hearted said:

Saw that yesterday. Any idea where other one is going? Guess it'll be left of new stand so there are no blind areas...but it is Hearts so who knows.

Surely there will still be some blind spots even other screen is on the left hand side of main stand? Would far left of upper gorgie and far left of upper roseburn have sight of screens? I wouldn't have thought so. 

31 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Is there any truth in the talk of disco lights, or is it just talk?

I'm not sure.  I do think it's a little bit poor that Hearts haven't released more information about the screens / possible disco lights to fans.

hoof.hearted
2 minutes ago, Bill Bones said:

Surely there will still be some blind spots even other screen is on the left hand side of main stand? Would far left of upper gorgie and far left of upper roseburn have sight of screens? I wouldn't have thought so. 

What you suggested would definitely have worked, but since we know one is on left of Wheatfield then only place left that covers stadium is left of main stand. I can't think of anywhere in the ground that you wouldn't be able to see at least 1 screen 

davemclaren
43 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Just talk. 

16 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

I’d be happy if they checked a bucket of water over the steps/seats in the main stand, where we sat for the Bonnyrigg game there was still the remnants of spilled drinks from last season that had gone mouldy

54 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Maybe the cabling is just prep for the additional bandwidth needed for cameras and comms etc on European nights?

50 minutes ago, hoof.hearted said:

What you suggested would definitely have worked, but since we know one is on left of Wheatfield then only place left that covers stadium is left of main stand. I can't think of anywhere in the ground that you wouldn't be able to see at least 1 screen 

I would have thought upper Z, towards the end of stand, would be unable to see the wheatfield screen and defintiely not the main screen? would only be maybe 50 people without sight of either screen so not a huge issue. 

Holyrood_Hearts
1 hour ago, Bill Bones said:

I’m pretty sure the single seats in Z won’t be able to see either screen

59 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Maybe the cabling is just prep for the additional bandwidth needed for cameras and comms etc on European nights?

It could also be for fixed VAR camera's.

8 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

It could also be for fixed VAR camera's.

I wasn't at the game so didn't see the cabling, but I think HMSA have just made a donation to upgrade the PA system, could that be it?

upgotheheads

Looking at Google Earth i's difficult to see what the school ground would add to Tynecastle Park unless it's a commercial development like a Hotel.

From the point of view of the stadium capacity, or my bugbear the pitch size, most of the potential would appear to be the playing field behind the Wheatfield, and maybe a few blocks of the bonded warehouse.

14 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Looking at Google Earth i's difficult to see what the school ground would add to Tynecastle Park unless it's a commercial development like a Hotel.

From the point of view of the stadium capacity, or my bugbear the pitch size, most of the potential would appear to be the playing field behind the Wheatfield, and maybe a few blocks of the bonded warehouse.

One of the things I've been hugely impressed by with Ann Budge is her commercial awareness and desire for the club to develop alternative revenue streams like the Sky Lounge, 1874 Bar and these rumours of a kind of 'Boutique Hotel' on the 2nd floor to compensate for the criminally bad TV deal the SPFL have served up. I believe Celtic were looking at a larger Hotel to bring in some serious cash too. We've seen Killie effectively compete well in the top 6 using the Killie hotel to add to their revenue IIRC before Michael Johnson sold it off, or whatever he did. 

Anyway, my point is that I strongly believe if Hearts could acquire the site instead of the developers we have the minds at the club necessary to turn the site into something which would be hugely beneficial to the club. 

Perhaps further expansion could include an onsite Gym and additional function suites? 

upgotheheads
13 minutes ago, OTT said:

One of the things I've been hugely impressed by with Ann Budge is her commercial awareness and desire for the club to develop alternative revenue streams like the Sky Lounge, 1874 Bar and these rumours of a kind of 'Boutique Hotel' on the 2nd floor to compensate for the criminally bad TV deal the SPFL have served up. I believe Celtic were looking at a larger Hotel to bring in some serious cash too. We've seen Killie effectively compete well in the top 6 using the Killie hotel to add to their revenue IIRC before Michael Johnson sold it off, or whatever he did. 

Anyway, my point is that I strongly believe if Hearts could acquire the site instead of the developers we have the minds at the club necessary to turn the site into something which would be hugely beneficial to the club. 

Perhaps further expansion could include an onsite Gym and additional function suites? 

Livingston also have a Hotel in the corner of their stadium I think.  

3 hours ago, Ribble said:

I’d be happy if they checked a bucket of water over the steps/seats in the main stand, where we sat for the Bonnyrigg game there was still the remnants of spilled drinks from last season that had gone mouldy

That is pretty poor tbf. I did contact the stadium manager last season to highlight the amount of folk slipping on the stepps that haven't been painted for several years. He did respond by saying that were on the list to be done in the close season but I noticed yesterday that they had still not been done. Health and safety such a big thing these days and is a far cry from the days of piss running down the terracing in the old shed. Surely some of the FOH Subs should be channelled into basic upkeep. 

3 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

That is pretty poor tbf. I did contact the stadium manager last season to highlight the amount of folk slipping on the stepps that haven't been painted for several years. He did respond by saying that were on the list to be done in the close season but I noticed yesterday that they had still not been done. Health and safety such a big thing these days and is a far cry from the days of piss running down the terracing in the old shed. Surely some of the FOH Subs should be channelled into basic upkeep. 

Did Ian Black not paint the steps last time

Just now, Boris5115 said:

He did down at the piggery. 

Ha 😄

I was being literal though did I just imagine it or did he paint the steps white a few years ago ………… I get the feeling I have got this embarrassingly wrong 🙂 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

A gym would be pretty good. For comparison the gym above sainsburys at murrayfield has 3.5k members paying on average £20 a month. 

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Livingston also have a Hotel in the corner of their stadium I think.  

It's and office building. 

11 minutes ago, Dayman said:

A gym would be pretty good. For comparison the gym above sainsburys at murrayfield has 3.5k members paying on average £20 a month. 

£70k a month? Not bad going at all. If we're ever at a point of renovating the Wheatfield stand it would be a great thing to add. Question it poses is how many FOH pledgers would swap their gym membership over to a club ran one? Local residents might also jump over too. Huge potential on the face of things. 

5 minutes ago, taylor75 said:

A gym would be better suited on the 2nd floor of the main stand...

It could very well be a licence to print money. Loads of fans will have memberships at other local gyms and provided what is delivered is of a good standard, I think a lot may swap over because of the added value of supporting the club further. Edinburgh leisure is £34.50 a month so if you used @Dayman's 3500 as a baseline, that would be £120k a month. FOH subs is £145k. (annually this would be £1.4m in revenue being added). 

Plus a Hearts branded gym would look quite cool 😎

Its definitely an idea that has bags of potential. 

The gym above Sainsbury's benefits from a large, free car park right beside it.  A gym at Tynecastle has no parking, so is likely to be a non-starter.

Maybe if they build all those student flats next door, we'd have local walk-ups.

2 hours ago, OTT said:

£70k a month? Not bad going at all. If we're ever at a point of renovating the Wheatfield stand it would be a great thing to add. Question it poses is how many FOH pledgers would swap their gym membership over to a club ran one? Local residents might also jump over too. Huge potential on the face of things. 

Totally ………… I am not saying for a minute that we should welcome student accommodation or that we should build a leisure complex where the school stands but ……………..

if some one else buys it for students then we should build things that they can use and filter money in to our accounts

hoof.hearted
7 hours ago, Bill Bones said:

I would have thought upper Z, towards the end of stand, would be unable to see the wheatfield screen and defintiely not the main screen? would only be maybe 50 people without sight of either screen so not a huge issue. 

Is that the section closest to the Wheatfield? If so then you might have a point.

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Disco lights would be absolutely sensational. 

🕺

Plenty discos up town if you want to see disco lights. No way should the club ever consider the need for them and I'm sure they are not. 

Unknown user
10 hours ago, hoof.hearted said:

:what:

tynietigers

Like I said before one screen is going in Main stand facing the Roseburn and the other in Wheatfield facing the Gorgie 👍🏻 Not sure if that’s what the cabling is about but they are also changing/working on floodlights to comply with UEFA for games.

Edited by tynietigers

16 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

Like I said before one screen is going in Main stand facing the Roseburn and the other in Wheatfield facing the Gorgie 👍🏻 Not sure if that’s what the cabling is about but they are also changing/working on floodlights to comply with UEFA for games.

Surely the floodlights are uefa compliant already as we host Scotland u21 games. 

tynietigers
18 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Surely the floodlights are uefa compliant already as we host Scotland u21 games. 

From what I believe that was something we are in the process of doing to comply 🤔 I thought so too but was told something different last week 👍🏻

8 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

From what I believe that was something we are in the process of doing to comply 🤔 I thought so too but was told something different last week 👍🏻

So additional led panels must be required? 

kingantti1874
34 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

It’s something like we need 20 lights  off n each pylon for SPFL and 33 for europe .. the system we bought is expandable.  We knew this when we installed

tynietigers
7 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

So additional led panels must be required? 

Pass 🙃 but it’s costing a few Bob what ever they need to do ☹️

• davemclaren changed the title to TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )