TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

Percival King
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Probably yes but if half the stadium can not see them properly then may be it would have been worth the extra cost ………… also possible I am not imagining how it will be in sight lines terms so just need to wait and see

Instead of installing two screens, which some folk perhaps won't have a great view of, using yet another Hibs first as inspiration, maybe the club could just give* every fan an ipad to show whatever's going to be on the big screens  (* substituting "give" for "steal").

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Percival King said:

Instead of installing two screens, which some folk perhaps won't have a great view of, using yet another Hibs first as inspiration, maybe the club could just give* every fan an ipad to show whatever's going to be on the big screens  (* substituting "give" for "steal").

Small time ……… VR head sets with every season ticket 

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

May come in, after rugby successfully introduces first.

2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

May come in, after rugby successfully introduces first.

A wee button on the side so you can have your NFT players running about the pitch at the same time

hughesie27
15 hours ago, Dayman said:

That’s going to be bloody huge on the side of the main stand. 

5D912B7F-B9CD-41F6-8B4A-D85502166995.jpeg

We sure thats the ones we will have? I thought they were more wider/less tall?

Edited by hughesie27

davemclaren
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Hope the club measured them properly. 🥸

DesertDawg
19 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

The story is in the STV news app or website yesterday, tried to link it but for some reason not letting me 🤷🏻‍♂️ Something about the planning application to do with the noise from the NBD not being suitable for housing development or student accommodation, apparently it got lost in the report. 

Thanks JT.  Wonder who received the brown envelope for hiding that piece of critical information from the public?  🤐

Watt-Zeefuik
8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Let's build a new stadium in the ****ing METAVERSE!

Watt-Zeefuik
22 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

not sure where this 30k has come from ffs....another 3-5 now would be sweet but the club is more interested in hotel rooms

s

The argument for 30k is that there are so many up-front costs that we have to pay before we can expand any further (the biggest of which are land acquisition and paying NBD to get the ethanol further away from the stadium) that it's not cost effective to do a small expansion. We're at our absolute limit until we make some pretty substantial investments (like £5-10m before we put anything into construction). So if we're going to expand, we have to make it worthwhile.

I'm fairly certain we could fill most of a 30k stadium for OF games, derbies, and European matches this coming season, and come close for Aberdeen games, which would cover a lot of cost. (Back of the envelope, those games alone would bring in £2.5m extra revenue in a season.) That said, if our form dipped, we could struggle to sell that and wouldn't have the European matches to sell, and could find ourselves in financial trouble. And of course selling the OF matches would mean giving them a big allocation again, which isn't something I'm eager to spend a bunch of club money to facilitate.

Watt-Zeefuik
20 hours ago, OTT said:

James Anderson and his merry band of benefactors to swoop in plssssssss :) 

In the long term a combination of stadium expansion and extended stay/self-catering hotel rooms I would think would be a decent investment for someone, particularly since you could have tie-ins with the restaurant in the main stand.

Ferryjambo99
17 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Do the screens show VAR when we are at the games? 

I would imagine it'll show things like "checking possible penalty" etc like they do in England and uefa. Whether they show any replays of incidents will be up to the SFA. In england they show some replays on big screens, in UEFA they don't 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

I would imagine it'll show things like "checking possible penalty" etc like they do in England and uefa. Whether they show any replays of incidents will be up to the SFA. In england they show some replays on big screens, in UEFA they don't 

Bummer. Cheers. 

20 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Do the screens show VAR when we are at the games? 

Unlikely - the way it’s been implemented in the EPL feels like it’s been designed for the TV fans not the supporters at the games who get to see nothing regarding ‘controversial’ moments!

One other thing that annoys me are how timers in stadiums do not replicate those for TV fans - specifically added time for stoppages. On TV added time is shown but in stadiums it’s not. Never understand why the time can be shown for 90 minutes in a stadium but can’t for stoppage time.

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Unlikely - the way it’s been implemented in the EPL feels like it’s been designed for the TV fans not the supporters at the games who get to see nothing regarding ‘controversial’ moments!

One other thing that annoys me are how timers in stadiums do not replicate those for TV fans - specifically added time for stoppages. On TV added time is shown but in stadiums it’s not. Never understand why the time can be shown for 90 minutes in a stadium but can’t for stoppage time.

Maybe something they decide if one or two grounds don't have it the rest cannae?

hughesie27
3 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Both of your grievances are explained because they can influence the crows or players. In England as poster above said replays can be shown AFTER a VAR decision is made. If shown during they could impact fans/players and thus potentially the ref. These replays as far as I know only happen in England. Elsewhere its always just the standard VAR screens.

For the additional time clearly teams could try and time waste more ornplay different if they see the exact time the whistle should blow. That's been the case for years.

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Both of your grievances are explained because they can influence the crows or players. In England as poster above said replays can be shown AFTER a VAR decision is made. If shown during they could impact fans/players and thus potentially the ref. These replays as far as I know only happen in England. Elsewhere its always just the standard VAR screens.

For the additional time clearly teams could try and time waste more ornplay different if they see the exact time the whistle should blow. That's been the case for years.

I agree with you (except your rationale for not showing added time. It’s no different to normal time)

BUT

SUPPORTERS attending a game are given less info than those  FANS attending a game!

After matches I go back to the pub and those in the pub know more from the TV than I do from being at the match!

I hate the expression ‘fan experience’ but those that go to matches get a poor deal!

On 30/06/2022 at 15:41, Byyy The Light said:

This is the route we should be going to increase capacity. Lobby the powers that be and prove it is safe to follow the same regulations as Germany. 

Would like tyhe corners filled in with safe standing areas. I know there are structural problems, but just saying.....!

Unknown user
23 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I agree with you (except your rationale for not showing added time. It’s no different to normal time)

BUT

SUPPORTERS attending a game are given less info than those  FANS attending a game!

After matches I go back to the pub and those in the pub know more from the TV than I do from being at the match!

I hate the expression ‘fan experience’ but those that go to matches get a poor deal!

I have in mind that the thing about clocks stopping at 45 and 90 is mandatory but I'm not sure where I've seen that.

will-i-am-a-jambo
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I have in mind that the thing about clocks stopping at 45 and 90 is mandatory but I'm not sure where I've seen that.

I think there is a rule which states they can't show the stoppage time live as it may not match what the referee has on his watch or something along these lines. 

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, Section Q said:

Would like tyhe corners filled in with safe standing areas. I know there are structural problems, but just saying.....!

We can't add any capacity at all to Tynecastle until the ethanol situation is dealt with.

Unknown user
23 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

We can't add any capacity at all to Tynecastle until the ethanol situation is dealt with.

Has anyone tried an ethanol and coke? Can we do this?

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Has anyone tried an ethanol and coke? Can we do this?

You go first

davemclaren
8 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

BUT

I don’t want it to be like watching on tv. I don’t want continual replays on big screens or commentary and analysis during the match. Most folk have watches or phones if they want to monitor the actual amount of extra time played. 

18 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

I couldn’t see any other ones in images in any picture of the commonwealth stadium in Birmingham.

It was quoted (in here maybe?) that they are getting brought up when the games end at the beginning of august and we got a discount as they were “used”, right?

Maybe there’s another screen somewhere I missed! 

12 minutes ago, Dayman said:

I couldn’t see any other ones in images in any picture of the commonwealth stadium in Birmingham.

It was quoted (in here maybe?) that they are getting brought up when the games end at the beginning of august and we got a discount as they were “used”, right?

Maybe there’s another screen somewhere I missed! 

The games don't start for another 2 weeks so don't imagine we've seen a lot yet?

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

Can this shitty project not just ****ing die already?!

Nae ***** wants it except the money grabbing ***** running it. 

the interesting thing about this revised version is that the part closest to Tynecastle won’t be part of the development …………. Also we do not seem to have ever shown any interest in buying the land our selfs 

I suppose the park area will be decent for the public and if we have the bar running all year round including non match days then that will be welcome custom from the students

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

the interesting thing about this revised version is that the part closest to Tynecastle won’t be part of the development …………. Also we do not seem to have ever shown any interest in buying the land our selfs 

I suppose the park area will be decent for the public and if we have the bar running all year round including non match days then that will be welcome custom from the students

£5 a drink at 1874 Bar or get wasted in flat before heading to the Hive for £3 a pop on student night?

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

£5 a drink at 1874 Bar or get wasted in flat before heading to the Hive for £3 a pop on student night?

Was under a fiver last time I was there and if the club has any sense they would have Tuesday or Wednesday student offers although I do not know if that is possible any more with minimum alcohol pricing …………… even if it is not though then it means other pubs could not offer better deals so it would still attract student foot fall 

13 minutes ago, OTT said:

Can this shitty project not just ****ing die already?!

Nae ***** wants it except the money grabbing ***** running it. 

A report "accidentally lost" has stated there should be no difference in granting planning permission for student or housing .

This was the S1 companies reason for making it student accommodation.As it's looking neither will be granted due to Nirth British site.

You now have to wonder given part of this "lost report "that contained objections who lost it by accident.

There is greed involved with student accommodation and there's a stink involving our council.

10 minutes ago, Ked said:

A report "accidentally lost" has stated there should be no difference in granting planning permission for student or housing .

This was the S1 companies reason for making it student accommodation.As it's looking neither will be granted due to Nirth British site.

You now have to wonder given part of this "lost report "that contained objections who lost it by accident.

There is greed involved with student accommodation and there's a stink involving our council.

Not just posing this question to you but to any one else on this thread but have we ever shown even a tiny bit of interest in buying this land

I think we are more interested in selling stuff to who ever ends up moving there

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Was under a fiver last time I was there and if the club has any sense they would have Tuesday or Wednesday student offers although I do not know if that is possible any more with minimum alcohol pricing …………… even if it is not though then it means other pubs could not offer better deals so it would still attract student foot fall 

Morretti was £3.85 per pint pre pandemic, but is now £5.

But yes hopefully there is plenty initiatives the club could consider.

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Had not realised it had jumped to a fiver I use the wee PR bar and I thought it was still sun fiver last season ………… definitely think we are seeing a market there

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Not just posing this question to you but to any one else on this thread but have we ever shown even a tiny bit of interest in buying this land

I think we are more interested in selling stuff to who ever ends up moving there

Don't know.

My interest in the site is really down to shady going ons between the council and the company wishing to build student accommodation.

Confirmed by the accidentally lost and through luck found report that concluded planning for student accommodation and housing were the same.

The affordable housing needs in Gorgie being sidelined for greed .

Anyway probably not for the terrace

4 minutes ago, Ked said:

Don't know.

My interest in the site is really down to shady going ons between the council and the company wishing to build student accommodation.

Confirmed by the accidentally lost and through luck found report that concluded planning for student accommodation and housing were the same.

The affordable housing needs in Gorgie being sidelined for greed .

Anyway probably not for the terrace

No worries mate I get what you are saying 

1 hour ago, Ked said:

If the club don't want the development to proceed making a statement about this might help shine enough of a light on things that things are done correctly and if this leaked report holds water can kibosh the development.

We made a decision to stay at Tynecastle, and I think we need to ensure that any developments around Tynie don't curtail or hamper future development ambitions. 

7 minutes ago, OTT said:

If the club don't want the development to proceed making a statement about this might help shine enough of a light on things that things are done correctly and if this leaked report holds water can kibosh the development.

We made a decision to stay at Tynecastle, and I think we need to ensure that any developments around Tynie don't curtail or hamper future development ambitions. 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/claim-edinburgh-site-better-suited-24425435

It's already out there.

Living rent and other organisations are already pressuring the council.

Think the club shouldn't involve itself to be honest.

There's a wider issue in the area regarding student accommodation.

I'm not against it as such but there has to be some balance.Also there's a stink about the previous councils dealings in it.

heartsfc_fan
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Seems fair enough 😂

I'm in Midlothian and pints of "fancier" lager are that price.

3 minutes ago, Ked said:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/claim-edinburgh-site-better-suited-24425435

It's already out there.

Living rent and other organisations are already pressuring the council.

Think the club shouldn't involve itself to be honest.

There's a wider issue in the area regarding student accommodation.

I'm not against it as such but there has to be some balance.Also there's a stink about the previous councils dealings in it.

I'm sick to my back teeth of student flats being thrown up everywhere. Maybe you're right, my thinking was the club is a key part of the local community, so if the council had the club and various other local organisations saying to get this to ****, they might listen? Hopefully though that the organisations protesting against this already have enough pull to kill the development.  

1 minute ago, OTT said:

I'm sick to my back teeth of student flats being thrown up everywhere. Maybe you're right, my thinking was the club is a key part of the local community, so if the council had the club and various other local organisations saying to get this to ****, they might listen? Hopefully though that the organisations protesting against this already have enough pull to kill the development.  

The council's own report that was" accidentally lost" but by chance found  should put paid to that.

What lies ahead for the old school I don't know and I'm not sure if the club has plans.

davemclaren
9 hours ago, Ked said:

The council's own report that was" accidentally lost" but by chance found  should put paid to that.

What lies ahead for the old school I don't know and I'm not sure if the club has plans.

It has been discussed at previous meetings over the last few years and Ann indicated the club was interested. However, when this new proposal emerged we were still in Covid lockdown and had just been relegated so we were likely not in great shape to gazump it.  

Just now, davemclaren said:

It has been discussed at previous meetings over the last few years and Ann indicated the club was interested. However, when this new proposal emerged we were still in Covid lockdown and had just been relegated so we were likely not in great shape to gazump it.  

It's now looking a bit less likely that any project for housing will go ahead.

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I was not aware of this thanks for posting it because i could not remember the club ever expressing a desire to own any more land around the current foot print 

davemclaren
Just now, Sooks said:

I was not aware of this thanks for posting it because i could not remember the club ever expressing a desire to own any more land around the current foot print 

👍

Unknown user
14 hours ago, Sooks said:

Unless it's cheaper than a can of lager from the supermarket I don't think there's any need to worry about minimum alcohol pricing.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Unless it's cheaper than a can of lager from the supermarket I don't think there's any need to worry about minimum alcohol pricing.

I could not remember how it worked to be honest with you is it just super markets ....................... If the student accommodation does go ahead though and we do not purchase and use teh land then I could see the club cashing in on the stadium by opening it up as a bar and coffee shop and that is where a gym could have been useful too

Unknown user
41 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I could not remember how it worked to be honest with you is it just super markets ....................... If the student accommodation does go ahead though and we do not purchase and use teh land then I could see the club cashing in on the stadium by opening it up as a bar and coffee shop and that is where a gym could have been useful too

A pint in the pub costs a lot more than from the supermarket. If it's not too cheap in the supermarket, it's not too cheap in a pub 

• davemclaren changed the title to TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )