TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

58 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

As the post above states 📺 👌🏽

I really hope it is done right with music still playing and none of this stream of volume up adverts like at Hibs

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The screens will be a welcome addition and obviously there will be adverts on them so we make money but the important thing is not to just have them on cycling volume up adverts like some one has left the TV on in the back ground ………….. visual adverts are fine with music

Vlad Magic

I wonder if KickBack will advertise on the new big screens?

If you are looking for a face for the campaign I put mine forward.

I’m stunning.

Bazzas right boot
On 30/06/2022 at 01:58, Jambo-Fox said:

You’re correct …..

My friend has just said triple all ticket prices to give Hearts the equivalent income of a 60,000 sold out Stadium! That would increase match day income to the same level as the traditional ‘big 2’ in the league!

Actually he’s just added quadruple all ticket prices!! Giving the equivalent income from a sold out 80,000 seater stadium! A bigger match day income than the ‘big 2’! Surely if the money was well spent the League Championship would be Hearts? I’d happily pay to see that and I’m sure all Hearts supporters that could afford to would happily do likewise!

How ‘mental’ would that be, Hearts Scottish Premier League Champions!?

♥️♥️♥️♥️

I'll have some of what you're taking. 

Despite the twisted logic to your proposals The match day income would still be nowhere near the OF even if we quadrupled it. 

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I’m stunning.

+1

I've been told I stun folk with my looks. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I would rather we cancelled the big screens and used the money to buy a striker.

You can't believe that's how the playing budget works. 

11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I'll have some of what you're taking. 

Despite the twisted logic to your proposals The match day income would still be nowhere near the OF even if we quadrupled it. 

Just googled it out of interest:

Apparently £43.6m for their home games. Unsure if this means ALL home games, or just league games. 18 home games, so very (very very) roughly £2.4m a game... Flip side is Rangers were 'only' £23m, so £1.2m a game. Not sure where we are by comparison, but considering a good season has our total turnover at £15m, fair to say they're light years ahead. 

One thing I found interesting though was someone saying Aberdeen make a lot of their money through hospitality, which I thought was odd since Pittodrie is a dump. Wonder if there is scope for us to do that end of things better? 

johnking123

Our hospitality is going to make a real difference for the coming season. Was growing before the pandemic hit and is was just starting to improve again last season. With Europe, things like weddings and possibly something happening with the second floor. It should really help our budget as a whole.

Percival King
2 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

As the post above states 📺 👌🏽

Is the guy on left (Graeme?) the stadium announcer at Hampden? He looks familiar. Apologies if this has already been covered.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Apparently £43.6m for their home games. Unsure if this means ALL home games, or just league games. 18 home games, so very (very very) roughly £2.4m a game... Flip side is Rangers were 'only' £23m, so £1.2m a game. Not sure where we are by comparison, but considering a good season has our total turnover at £15m, fair to say they're light years ahead. 

One thing I found interesting though was someone saying Aberdeen make a lot of their money through hospitality, which I thought was odd since Pittodrie is a dump. Wonder if there is scope for us to do that end of things better? 

We'll be on stuff like that. 

2 hours ago, Percival King said:

Is the guy on left (Graeme?) the stadium announcer at Hampden? He looks familiar. Apologies if this has already been covered.

Yeah, I believe he is! 

jamboinglasgow
4 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

I’m stunning.

Has to be something similar like this "Are you an arsehole and like to chat with fellow arseholes, log on to Kickback."

12 hours ago, OTT said:

Our hospitality is already really good. It was sold out for every game last season and tickets were hard to come by, even against bottom 6 teams. The only thing that could be done better imo, is to increase capacity for hospitality as its clearly a winner and makes the club a lot of money.

We're lucky to have renovated main stand when we did, price of materials now has skyrocketed, would be looking at almost double the cost.  New stadiums like Aberdeens are absolute pie in the sky now, we should be happy with what we got and enjoy a stunning stadium full to the brim.

Unknown user
5 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

We're lucky to have renovated main stand when we did, price of materials now has skyrocketed, would be looking at almost double the cost.  New stadiums like Aberdeens are absolute pie in the sky now, we should be happy with what we got and enjoy a stunning stadium full to the brim.

Was saying this to my mate the other day. Which stand will be closed for safety reasons first?

chrisyboy7

not sure where this 30k has come from ffs....another 3-5 now would be sweet but the club is more interested in hotel rooms

s

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

not sure where this 30k has come from ffs....another 3-5 now would be sweet but the club is more interested in hotel rooms

s

If they are then they are certainly easier to deliver than extra capacity. 

TyphoonJambo
On 05/07/2022 at 18:48, Vlad Magic said:

I’m stunning.

So is a Tazer

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

So is a Tazer

And a phaser. 

But like my looks, they can also kill. 

star-trek.jpg

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

And a phaser. 

But like my looks, they can also kill. 

star-trek.jpg

Set Bazzas tae Malky.

jamtartan74

See the student flats may have hit a snag and might not go ahead, hope that is the case and the club can purchase the old site. 

DesertDawg
21 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

See the student flats may have hit a snag and might not go ahead, hope that is the case and the club can purchase the old site. 

And the "snag" is?

Bazzas right boot
58 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Set Bazzas tae Malky.

😭🤣

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

And the "snag" is?

We're filling in the corners, extending the Wheatfield and having a 40k standing area. 

Nah room for flats 

Or haymarket Station for that matter. 

images (41).jpeg

jamtartan74
41 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

And the "snag" is?

The story is in the STV news app or website yesterday, tried to link it but for some reason not letting me 🤷🏻‍♂️ Something about the planning application to do with the noise from the NBD not being suitable for housing development or student accommodation, apparently it got lost in the report. 

7 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

The story is in the STV news app or website yesterday, tried to link it but for some reason not letting me 🤷🏻‍♂️ Something about the planning application to do with the noise from the NBD not being suitable for housing development or student accommodation, apparently it got lost in the report. 

https://news.stv.tv/east-central/plans-for-student-housing-at-tynecastle-high-site-should-be-rejected-says-buried-edinburgh-council-report

Watt-Zeefuik
54 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We're filling in the corners, extending the Wheatfield and having a 40k standing area. 

Nah room for flats 

images (41).jpeg

That's a shite stadium anyway. Particularly in December when the temps get to -20 degrees C or when it's snowing.

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

That's a shite stadium anyway. Particularly in December when the temps get to -20 degrees C or when it's snowing.

Aye, but the corners are filled in and there can be space for standing. 

Get with the program. 🤣

Nb- I just Googled "large funny stadium". 

Watt-Zeefuik
40 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye, but the corners are filled in and there can be space for standing. 

Get with the program. 🤣

Nb- I just Googled "large funny stadium". 

Heh.

I spent my undergrad years in Minnesota (not at "da U" pictured here) and worked in St. Paul for a short while afterward.

There aren't many places in the world where I think indoor stadiums for outdoor games are a good idea, but Minnesota is certainly one of them for any sport that runs much past October. A whole other level of cold . . .

FarmerTweedy
5 hours ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Did we ever find out what the second floor was going to be? 

And if it finished? 

It's going to be the bit between the first and third floors! 

6 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nah room for flats 

images (41).jpeg

We knocking down the Roseburn to keep the OF's allocation to an absolute minimum?

I like the thinking

11 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

s

I'd imagine the club believes it can build a business case with a RoI in a reasonable timescale a lot easier than a stadium capacity increase one, which if profitable can be used to expand other areas of the business.

Edited by DETTY29

48 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I'd imagine the club believes it can build a business case with a RoI in a reasonable timescale a lot easier than a stadium capacity increase one, which if profitable can be used to expand other areas of the business.

Yeah, it’s about sensible incremental growth year on year. Gradually turning as much of the stadium as possible into a revenue generating machine! 

I firmly believe the ground is a little too small, and expansion is necessary. But doing what Budge is doing is working and I don’t think commercially speaking that we could be in better hands :) 

2 minutes ago, Macros said:

Not an upgrade but I found this photo of Gorgie Rd that I hadn't seen before 

FB_IMG_1657348435539.jpg

I love old photos like this the days before too many cars ruined cities 

8 hours ago, Dayman said:

That’s going to be bloody huge on the side of the main stand. 

5D912B7F-B9CD-41F6-8B4A-D85502166995.jpeg

Good spot. This is going to look mint.

2 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Good spot. This is going to look mint.

Looks like Tessa Thompson in the photo no relevance to the topic though …………. On topic I am not sure how good a view everyone will get from the other side of the same stand when they are erected and definitely think they would have been better on the roof supports

Bungalow Bill
9 hours ago, indianajones said:

Good news.

Last thing Edinburgh needs is more student accommodation. 

It’s been covered on the thread already, but given there is a shortage of houses, getting students out of private rents and getting the rent prices down can only be a good thing. 

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Looks like Tessa Thompson in the photo no relevance to the topic though …………. On topic I am not sure how good a view everyone will get from the other side of the same stand when they are erected and definitely think they would have been better on the roof supports

I doubt anyone thinks they would not be better on the roof supports but the cost of doing that is the problem I would think. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I doubt anyone thinks they would not be better on the roof supports but the cost of doing that is the problem I would think. 

Probably yes but if half the stadium can not see them properly then may be it would have been worth the extra cost ………… also possible I am not imagining how it will be in sight lines terms so just need to wait and see

• davemclaren changed the title to TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )