TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

17 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Definitely cut the OF allocation to the tiny % they give us at Parkhead and Ibrox!

Completely agree with this course of action. 

Big difference between a full roseburn of them shouting for (and getting) everything to a few hundred disgruntled ones tucked away in the top corner that can actually be controlled by the police when they start their shite. 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

I think that if we could add 6 to 8k to the capacity that would be ideal for the time being. It's great that we have sold out our season tickets, but as I have mentioned earlier I was on the verge of purchasing a season ticket for my adult daughter and I suspect that there are plenty more like me. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we could be selling in excess of 18,000 season tickets in a few years. It's all lost revenue which is hindering the growth of the club.

You have to sell a lot of extra season tickets continually to justify the costs you’re advocating. 

davemclaren
19 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Definitely cut the OF allocation to the tiny % they give us at Parkhead and Ibrox!

I would cut the Hibs crowd as well. 

Libertarian
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

You have to sell a lot of extra season tickets continually to justify the costs you’re advocating. 

We need to sell only another 2,500 season tickets to reach 18,000. I don't believe it's an unrealistic goal, apart from the fact that at the moment Tynecastle isn't big enough.

Just now, davemclaren said:

Controversial Dave! :D 

Tbh, with their antics during our administration and then choosing to vote us down in the curtailed season, I wouldn't be against it. They've been vindictive little shits. Its just whether that is worth trading for similar treatment at Easter Road. However, Ron might be more pragmatic and just want the ticket sales (have they even broke 10k yet :lol:

Suppose we wouldn't need to consider cutting anything if we had the extra capacity :P 

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, OTT said:

Controversial Dave! :D 

Tbh, with their antics during our administration and then choosing to vote us down in the curtailed season, I wouldn't be against it. They've been vindictive little shits. Its just whether that is worth trading for similar treatment at Easter Road. However, Ron might be more pragmatic and just want the ticket sales (have they even broke 10k yet :lol:

Suppose we wouldn't need to consider cutting anything if we had the extra capacity :P 

It would be disappointing to not get the full end at Easter Road but we need to maximise our own home support first and foremost imo.  Would they be as generous to us if things were reversed?

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

We need to sell only another 2,500 season tickets to reach 18,000. I don't believe it's an unrealistic goal, apart from the fact that at the moment Tynecastle isn't big enough.

What’s the payback period for the proposed expenditure on that basis?

Birregrande
44 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I love being “stuck” at Tynecastle - our home and the most atmospheric stadium in Scotland!

Some weirdos on here Tomaso.  We'll leave Tynecastle Park over my dead body. what a weird thread - are these posters the one's who didn't get a season ticket? 😄

Libertarian
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What’s the payback period for the proposed expenditure on that basis?

Now you are asking Dave. I'm not an accountant or mathematician but I really hope that the club are employing such professionals to look into this properly. However 2,500 (season tickets) x £360 (hypothetical average price of season ticket) = £900,000. Then add in bigger away supports + walk ups. You are probably looking at an extra £1.2m per season in total.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, Libertarian said:

As I've said elsewhere I think the expansion I'm talking about is a £40-50m proposition, which would require borrowing a huge amount of money relative to our turnover at a lot of risk of overbuilding.

If we have sustained success in Europe, that could very easily change. But right now, IMO it's a very bad idea.

9 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

As I've said elsewhere I think the expansion I'm talking about is a £40-50m proposition, which would require borrowing a huge amount of money relative to our turnover at a lot of risk of overbuilding.

If we have sustained success in Europe, that could very easily change. But right now, IMO it's a very bad idea.

I think you may be underestimating the cost by 2 or three times.

I think relocating to a new stadium is the only practical solution to add to our capacity but it would need financial backing which you wouldn't get to rebuild.

Said it several time before - the new stand is great, being fiscally safe is great but the biggest mistake made in relation to the stadium has been “not to” cut a deal to buy the old high school. 

Whilst some of it needs to be preserved, the space behind the Roseburn needed for change/expansion needs to overlap a bit of the old high school land. It would also have allowed space for away/home fan access/office use and an element of historical preservation.

Libertarian
10 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I don't disagree but unless the club carries out a feasibility study of all options we are always likely to be guessing. I'm not suggesting that your suggestion of £40m or £50m is wrong but it may be possible to build a new Wheatfield and increase the capacity by 7 or 8k for much less than the figures you have quoted.

13 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

I don't disagree but unless the club carries out a feasibility study of all options we are always likely to be guessing. I'm not suggesting that your suggestion of £40m or £50m is wrong but it may be possible to build a new Wheatfield and increase the capacity by 7 or 8k for much less than the figures you have quoted.

I do think the only way to get towards 30k is through an L shaped update to the Wheatfield and Roseburn stands. It would involve finally having a corner filled and would remove the truss structure for those two stands that holds the roof up.

Here is a different view - would anyone be offended if Hearts set about buying tenement flats on Gorgie road with a view that they are used for community housing (supported by Big Hearts etc) but this then allowed for more flexibility through planning applications to upgrade the Gorgie Road end (previously we had to adjust one side of the roof for daylight requirements).

Edited by Mysterion

Libertarian
2 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

I do think the only way to get towards 30k is through an L shaped update to the Wheatfield and Roseburn stands. It would involve finally having a corner filled and would remove the truss structure for those two stands that holds the roof up.

Here is a different view - would anyone be offended if Hearts set about buying tenement flats on Gorgie road with a view that they are used for community housing (supported by Big Hearts etc) but this then allowed for more flexibility through planning applications to upgrade the Gorgie Road end (previously we had to adjust one side of the roof for daylight requirements).

I have often thought about that but it could be difficult getting owners to sell. 

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

I have often thought about that but it could be difficult getting owners to sell. 

Guaranteed to be at least one who would dig their heels in for their big payday. I remember a mate of mines mum doing that when they tried to get her out for the construction of the EICC.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

It would be disappointing to not get the full end at Easter Road but we need to maximise our own home support first and foremost imo.  Would they be as generous to us if things were reversed?

It would definitely be a disappointment, I personally love going there, nothing better than turning them over in that dump. If they want to be petty though, then so be it. Pretty embarrassing to not give us it when they’re not even close to selling out their own. One things for sure, they’ll never be in that position.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I’m with you Dave 🥰

26 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Guaranteed to be at least one who would dig their heels in for their big payday. I remember a mate of mines mum doing that when they tried to get her out for the construction of the EICC.

Is there no legal type recourse you can do in that situation? For example, make an offer which is contingent on all parties accepting. Go a little bit above market value and rely on them pressuring any hold outs. At the end of the day, you're not in any worse a situation if it doesn't work. Doesn't sound like the suggestion is to demolish anything or make anyone homeless, so selling your flat for a % above market rate and not having to actually move is a pretty good deal. Especially if social housing type rent is used. 

Worth highlighting that would be expensive, but if the flip side of that is being able to stay at Tynecastle and redevelop that end of the ground it would be a win I think. The rent would even be an income stream :D 

A cheaper idea might be to buy everyone off. Rather than paying potentially £200k for a flat, offer all the owners something like £10k as an apology for the sunlight issue in exchange for them waiving any complaints. Same idea, either they all accept or no deal. 

I'm just trying to think around that solution. Not so much actually suggesting it. If we're talking about a multimillion pound development then spending a bit to ensure it can go ahead makes sense to me. 

luckyBatistuta
41 minutes ago, OTT said:

Is there no legal type recourse you can do in that situation? For example, make an offer which is contingent on all parties accepting. Go a little bit above market value and rely on them pressuring any hold outs. At the end of the day, you're not in any worse a situation if it doesn't work. Doesn't sound like the suggestion is to demolish anything or make anyone homeless, so selling your flat for a % above market rate and not having to actually move is a pretty good deal. Especially if social housing type rent is used. 

Worth highlighting that would be expensive, but if the flip side of that is being able to stay at Tynecastle and redevelop that end of the ground it would be a win I think. The rent would even be an income stream :D 

A cheaper idea might be to buy everyone off. Rather than paying potentially £200k for a flat, offer all the owners something like £10k as an apology for the sunlight issue in exchange for them waiving any complaints. Same idea, either they all accept or no deal. 

I'm just trying to think around that solution. Not so much actually suggesting it. If we're talking about a multimillion pound development then spending a bit to ensure it can go ahead makes sense to me. 

No idea really on that, I’m just a daft taxi driver 🤪 but I do know that if someone came trying to buy my house for a specific reason, I’d be wanting top dollar…unless it was Hearts of course 😁

Everything is definitely worth exploring if it means staying at our home.

3 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

No idea really on that, I’m just a daft taxi driver 🤪 but I do know that if someone came trying to buy my house for a specific reason, I’d be wanting top dollar…unless it was Hearts of course 😁

Will your house accommodate a 30,000 stadium? 🤔

13 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

At this moment we don't need 30k but we are defiantly short for all the big games of around 3/4k....lots of lost revenue.

Roughly £5-600k per season of ‘lost’ gate revenue.  

on the other hand a fiver on to the match day ticket price brings in about £1.2-1.5m per season. 

If it’s revenue we are after there’s an easy solution.  If it’s finding seats for everyone that wants to go to the big games then it’s a different, and much more expensive solution that’s required. 

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Will your house accommodate a 30,000 stadium? 🤔

🤣 could give it a go, reckon my hibby neighbour would object though, especially to the noise…not used to that type of thing.

Wee Jimmy needs independence votes. If we have to move or expand nows the time 

don’t give a shit about independence but we can at least be at the table if we want to be

4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

🤣 could give it a go, reckon my hibby neighbour would object though, especially to the noise…not used to that type of thing.

Can you fill in the corners? 🤔

Libertarian
17 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

That's why the club needs to carry out a in-depth feasibility study of all the options in order to make the best informed decision possible.

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

That's why the club needs to carry out a in-depth feasibility study of all the options in order to make the best informed decision possible.

Indeed, just hope the said in-depth feasibility study finds staying put as the best option🤞

luckyBatistuta
8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Can you fill in the corners? 🤔

That’s me oot, you’re not touching my apple trees.

Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

That’s me oot, you’re not touching my apple trees.

🤣

On 28/06/2022 at 12:45, Libertarian said:

I wonder how much Hearts would raise by the sale of the current location. It wouldn't be enough to build a new stadium but it would go some way towards that.

I'm all for chat about expansion but never would I want Hearts to play anywhere else.

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, Ked said:

I'm all for chat about expansion but never would I want Hearts to play anywhere else.

:spoton:

Hey Jambos Come Lately!

invest in the playing squad vs Tynecastle Park?

I’d rather have a team competing to win cups and leagues than playing in front of 30,000!

We have close to 20,000 loyal supporters so why ‘waste’ money expanding the stadium to 30,000 capacity when there is a simple way to generate the same income ….

Simple - just increase current prices by 50%!

Or double them for the same income as a 40,000 capacity stadium would generate!

Interesting approach …. probably splitting opinions!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Howdy Doody Jambo

What about take all the seats out of the lower sections in the Gorgie, Roseburn and Wheatfield stands and increase capacity with safe standing 

26 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Hey Jambos Come Lately!

invest in the playing squad vs Tynecastle Park?

I’d rather have a team competing to win cups and leagues than playing in front of 30,000!

We have close to 20,000 loyal supporters so why ‘waste’ money expanding the stadium to 30,000 capacity when there is a simple way to generate the same income ….

Simple - just increase current prices by 50%!

Or double them for the same income as a 40,000 capacity stadium would generate!

Interesting approach …. probably splitting opinions!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

What have our fans done to deserve a 50% increase on prices? Mental suggestion!

Jambo in Bathgate
30 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

What about take all the seats out of the lower sections in the Gorgie, Roseburn and Wheatfield stands and increase capacity with safe standing 

Don’t think safe standing increases capacity. You have to have standing height barriers and each person has to have a prescribed amount of space. 

Watt-Zeefuik
36 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

The rake of the stands is too steep, so to make it safe we'd actually lose capacity.

3 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Don’t think safe standing increases capacity. You have to have standing height barriers and each person has to have a prescribed amount of space. 

It doesn't increase capacity because UK safe standing rules are super-conservative. In Germany standing increases capacity by about 40%.

1 hour ago, Homme said:

What have our fans done to deserve a 50% increase on prices? Mental suggestion!

You’re correct …..

My friend has just said triple all ticket prices to give Hearts the equivalent income of a 60,000 sold out Stadium! That would increase match day income to the same level as the traditional ‘big 2’ in the league!

Actually he’s just added quadruple all ticket prices!! Giving the equivalent income from a sold out 80,000 seater stadium! A bigger match day income than the ‘big 2’! Surely if the money was well spent the League Championship would be Hearts? I’d happily pay to see that and I’m sure all Hearts supporters that could afford to would happily do likewise!

How ‘mental’ would that be, Hearts Scottish Premier League Champions!?

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Byyy The Light
7 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

The rake of the stands is too steep, so to make it safe we'd actually lose capacity.

It doesn't increase capacity because UK safe standing rules are super-conservative. In Germany standing increases capacity by about 40%.

This is the route we should be going to increase capacity. Lobby the powers that be and prove it is safe to follow the same regulations as Germany. 

broxburnjambo

The idea of bringing in more revenue with safe standing to allow us to get closer in revenue to the ugly sisters is a non starter.

All that would happen if a law was passed to allow safe standing in all stadiums, then everyone would be doing it to increase capacity.

( Maybe not everyone, Hibs would not need to with all the empty seats anyway).

Our revenue would grow but so would the old firms.

9 minutes ago, broxburnjambo said:

The idea of bringing in more revenue with safe standing to allow us to get closer in revenue to the ugly sisters is a non starter.

All that would happen if a law was passed to allow safe standing in all stadiums, then everyone would be doing it to increase capacity.

( Maybe not everyone, Hibs would not need to with all the empty seats anyway).

Our revenue would grow but so would the old firms.

Exactly, and for every percentage increase, the absolute gap between us and the old firm increases.  Same as allowing alcohol to be sold in grounds would do.

davemclaren
2 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

This is the route we should be going to increase capacity. Lobby the powers that be and prove it is safe to follow the same regulations as Germany. 

We didn’t win the brexit war to have us standing the same way as Germany you know. 😎

Watt-Zeefuik
12 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Fully agreed.

The Future's Maroon

Big screens getting installed next month 😁

Italian Lambretta
5 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Big screens it is then! Love my club right now (always)

I would rather we cancelled the big screens and used the money to buy a striker.

Leveins Battalion

Big screen but no striker!!!!

Everybody oot,Budge, Savage,Neilson and the FOH can beat it.😂

davemclaren
23 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I would rather we cancelled the big screens and used the money to buy a striker.

Maybe we can have both. 

31 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Big screens bring in advertisements, bring in money, money can be used for players 

Edited by Hesh

31 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

🧐😖🤢

• davemclaren changed the title to TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )