TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

17 hours ago, jamborich said:

You know that for a fact? Not arguing with your point but where they going up seems a waist of money imo I do hope I’m wrong

Safe to assume when investigating the installation of new screens that all options were considered. Considering the size of them (absolutely massive) I think their placement will be fine for everyone in the stadium. Hanging from the Trusses would have probably been better but will have required extra work to hold the weight and would also have required a fair bit more weatherproofing I'd imagine. They won't get very wet where they are going but will have been completely exposed up on the roof.

The pitch will have also been ripped to pieces by a cherry picker on the pitch if they were up on the Truss.

Edited by hughesie27

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A_A wehatethehibs
46 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

very strange place to put screens....

Not really, only place they can feasibly go without spending multi millions.

Main thing is they are miles bigger than Hibs 59m2 vs these which are 88m2.  Big team big screens

1 minute ago, Waterboy said:

Apologies if previously covered - how much work is required to be 'VAR ready'?

Not sure if there is a certain number and position of cameras but other than them and the screen for the ref to use I think that's it. No requirement for any in stadium big screens.

2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Big screen question (which may have been covered elsewhere)…… what do they actually show during game time?

Adverts before, half-time and full time I get that but:

VAR replays?
Near misses?

Goal replays?

Fouls?

Offsides?

Who controls the screens, hearts media team?

At Easter Road, every break in play seemed to have Grant Stott advertising his panto.

heartsfc_fan
1 hour ago, chrisyboy7 said:

very strange place to put screens....

Better placed than Easter road.

If you sit in the top corners of the East stand you can't see them at all.

22 hours ago, jamborich said:

Am I the only who thinks the position of these screens are rediculous 

Nope... 

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, OTT said:

Seems about the only place they can be put tbf

Yup, each screen allows two stands to see them (probably almost three as Wheatfield could see the Main stand one and vice versa.

I can see why people want to see them attached to the truss, but its clearly an expensive and difficult thing to do.  I think people should wait until they are installed before judging their position.

23 hours ago, jamborich said:

Hanging from Gorgie and Roseburn  stands 

Great in theory but not so much when some donkey hoofs a volley miles over the bar and cracks a screen.

Would like to change my opinion my initial thought was trying to get a view from the opposite stand however it’s pretty obvious that all you have to do is turn your head left or right depending were it’s positioned doh 

2 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Would like to change my opinion my initial thought was trying to get a view from the opposite stand however it’s pretty obvious that all you have to do is turn your head left or right depending were it’s positioned doh 

:F6EFFECF-CB36-4574-9BC5-9AAB27271817:

6 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

At Easter Road, every break in play seemed to have Grant Stott advertising his panto.

Hopefully  we dont repeat that sort of thing. It was wearysome seeing adverts at ER every time the ball went out of play.

Very American.

A lot of school kids seem to post on this forum .8 years ago we didnt have a club and now you complain cos you think the tv screens are in the wrong place !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

broxburnjambo
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Has work started on top floor fit out of main stand yet?

I presume you mean the second floor. The top floor is the skyline .

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, broxburnjambo said:

They should rename it the Tynecastle Highline tbqh 

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, broxburnjambo said:

Yeah 

Unknown user
On 17/07/2022 at 21:39, Boris5115 said:

Yes I knew there was scope to upgrade if and when required but I'm sure when they were installed it was stated that they were uefa compliant. 

They might well be UEFA compliant but that doesn't mean they're good enough for the competition we're going into, there are different levels to attain.

This is My Story Podcast
On 18/07/2022 at 20:32, jamborich said:

Hanging from Gorgie and Roseburn  stands 

The screens are huge. If you sit at the back of the Roseburn or the Gorgie you’ll no see the far away goal, you’d see the back of the TV’s. 

2 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

The screens are huge. If you sit at the back of the Roseburn or the Gorgie you’ll no see the far away goal, you’d see the back of the TV’s. 

7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The big screens will also help when we host concerts. 

::troll::

On 17/07/2022 at 21:29, dannymack said:

Screenshot_20220717-212846_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220717-212857_Gallery.jpg

This isn't a 'fill in the corners' shout like the standard JKB, but I would actually like the corners filled/screened off, that swirling winter wind can be brutal!

On 21/07/2022 at 10:30, Smithee said:

They might well be UEFA compliant but that doesn't mean they're good enough for the competition we're going into, there are different levels to attain.

I noticed at the game yesterday that there was about 18 new led lights hanging from the Wheatfield Stand and cables hanging from the Main Stand aswell. This is a major upgrade I would say. 

On 21/07/2022 at 22:27, JimmyCant said:

image.jpeg.eda3108ea321077dae224aeb9f5bcfa6.jpeg

I think that’s one of the screens we are getting

Nope, too tall and not wide enough. Looks like the one posted a few pages back.

On 22/07/2022 at 01:04, fila said:

Couple of these would do the job just nicely 

image.png.4de2272e177465fb2c5930fb712e6a95.png

This looks like ours though. Is that picture from a Birmingham venue I assume?

On 19/07/2022 at 14:37, superjack said:

Maybe let fans take turn at connecting their phones to the screen to choose what's shown?

That comment gave me an involuntary shiver.

FarmerTweedy
On 21/07/2022 at 09:57, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Has work started on top floor fit out of main stand yet?

Started? It's been finished for years! 

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Really annoys me the image they used for that. 😆

A wee bit better. 

117019143_addtext_com_MTQzNTAwMzIxNjY(2).png.1611ac1e885af1f2bbfbb0c477fa9e8b.png

Looking like our games against the mighty county is a sellout....we could have done with a few thousand extra seats even for this game.

7 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Nope, too tall and not wide enough. Looks like the one posted a few pages back.

This looks like ours though. Is that picture from a Birmingham venue I assume?

It’s from the Optus stadium in Perth , the screens are great . They were the best you could get when it opened in 2018 

davemclaren
2 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Looking like our games against the mighty county is a sellout....we could have done with a few thousand extra seats even for this game.

Poor planning over the summer. 😎

On 22/07/2022 at 15:28, Armageddon said:

This isn't a 'fill in the corners' shout like the standard JKB, but I would actually like the corners filled/screened off, that swirling winter wind can be brutal!

Some good advertising opportunities on the columns IMO. Either that or a place to put some Hearts graphics. I'm sure it's probably been looked at but perhaps written off for one reason or another. 

Didn't we have some legend banners on them years ago? 

Would also close off the ground a bit better and address the wind you mention.

4 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

I'm back for a wedding so got tickets for me and my old man. Looked like only a couple of hundred left in L and M Roseburn 👍

7 hours ago, Homme said:

Some good advertising opportunities on the columns IMO. Either that or a place to put some Hearts graphics. I'm sure it's probably been looked at but perhaps written off for one reason or another. 

Didn't we have some legend banners on them years ago? 

Would also close off the ground a bit better and address the wind you mention.

We used to have stuff like that on the columns. Doesn't take long for the wind to destroy them.

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

We used to have stuff like that on the columns. Doesn't take long for the wind to destroy them.

Just not doing it right then. 

1 hour ago, Madvlad65 said:

I know the wind will be a pain but does it will help with the pitch/grass growth? 

Yes

davemclaren

I know the wind will be a pain but does it will help with the pitch/grass growth? 

Will help keep it dry. 

broxburnjambo
On 22/07/2022 at 15:28, Armageddon said:

I may be totally wrong but was there not something about letting light in to the houses behind the Gorgie stand as part of planning permission. Cant see it being an issue with the Roseburn.

The Goalscoring Knee

Absolutely. You only have to look at Murrayfield to see what happens when you completely enclose the pitch. Turned it into an utter bog for a few years and I'm not sure they've got it right even now.

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Think there is some sort of aeration technology installed to help pitch.

A fan?

• davemclaren changed the title to TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )