TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s something like we need 20 lights  off n each pylon for SPFL and 33 for europe .. the system we bought is expandable.  We knew this when we installed

Yes I knew there was scope to upgrade if and when required but I'm sure when they were installed it was stated that they were uefa compliant. 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Yes I knew there was scope to upgrade if and when required but I'm sure when they were installed it was stated that they were uefa compliant. 

I was defo told we need to add more 

1 hour ago, tazhearts said:

IMG_20220716_125230.jpg

I hope they don’t leave the cables like that. If Peter Crouch comes to watch a game he might inadvertently hang himself 😉

12 hours ago, dannymack said:

Screenshot_20220717-212846_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220717-212857_Gallery.jpg

Assuming from that picture that the new T.V.'s will be coming in multiple bits and joined together. Does anyone know how long it will take to install?

13 hours ago, dannymack said:

Screenshot_20220717-212846_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220717-212857_Gallery.jpg

Given the scaffold sits on seats that have been sold as season tickets, how’s this gonnae work if the screens aren’t gonnae be installed until mid August? Where are these season tickets holders gonnae sit?

25 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Given the scaffold sits on seats that have been sold as season tickets, how’s this gonnae work if the screens aren’t gonnae be installed until mid August? Where are these season tickets holders gonnae sit?

On the scaffolding, might even get a few more in!

Scaffolding will be to fit the support brackets for the screen. It can be taken down when the brackets are installed. That shouldn't take 2 weeks.

30 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

On the scaffolding, might even get a few more in!

Scaffolding will be to fit the support brackets for the screen. It can be taken down when the brackets are installed. That shouldn't take 2 weeks.

Ahh, makes sense. I’m now wondering how they’ll get the screens in place if they haven’t got the scaffolding there though…🤔

Just now, Mr Sifter said:

Ahh, makes sense. I’m now wondering how they’ll get the screens in place if they haven’t got the scaffolding there though…🤔

Put scaffolding back up for a day or two.

Use a cherry picker.

Use winches or chain blocks.

Or a combination of all three. 

😎

Hungry hippo
8 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

It doesn't take too long to get scaffolding up and down for when they are needing to work on it. 

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Put scaffolding back up for a day or two.

Use a cherry picker.

Use winches or chain blocks.

Or a combination of all three. 

😎

Are the screens not multi part?

15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Are the screens not multi part?

I'd suspect they are. 

24 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

It doesn't take too long to get scaffolding up and down for when they are needing to work on it. 

Fair dos. I know nowt about such things 👍🏼

August Landmesser
6 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I'd take a season ticket on the scaffolding. 

gettyimages-592255654-2048x2048.jpg

Hearts of Vladland

From the photos the new floodlights have already been added, I don’t think it was as many as that up last season. The cabling on the roof could be for a winch, the cabling seems to be temporary.

23 hours ago, OTT said:

Its definitely an idea that has bags of potential. 

It has potential but might need a gym management company to run it to make things easier (eg. Nuffield run a number of gyms for hotels). The problem with a gym is that it would potentially have to shut on match days.

2 hours ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

From the photos the new floodlights have already been added, I don’t think it was as many as that up last season. The cabling on the roof could be for a winch, the cabling seems to be temporary.

No new lights added yet. Still the same amount as as last season. 

3 hours ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

Could the cabling be for the fringe show which is taking place? There was a temporary stage at the main stand last year and could be for

lighting etc. just a guess 

kingantti1874
Just now, jamborich said:

Am I the only who thinks the position of these screens are rediculous 

would have preferred the truss but not ridiculous.  Will look quite smart imo 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, jamborich said:

Where else realistically would you put them ?

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Where else realistically would you put them ?

Hanging from Gorgie and Roseburn  stands 

2 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Would have looked brilliant, but there must be a reason why it's not happening, either financial or structural, so seems ok where they are 

20 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Curious how many screens will actually be going up...will there be a screen on the wall of every stand?

I sit in Row 24 of the Main but still get the feeling I'm going to have to crane my neck to see any of the screens clearly! 

5 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

No new lights added yet. Still the same amount as as last season. 

Is it not just the wattage (lumens?) need to be increased, or am I talking tam kite? 🤷🏻‍♂️

adambraejambo
7 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Curious how many screens will actually be going up...will there be a screen on the wall of every stand?

I sit in Row 24 of the Main but still get the feeling I'm going to have to crane my neck to see any of the screens clearly! 

2 screens one on wall next to Sec G and other sec T

12 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Is it not just the wattage (lumens?) need to be increased, or am I talking tam kite? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not too sure pal I would have thought more led panels but I could be talking Tom kite too 😂

iwasthere1954
47 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Where do you think they should be.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, jamborich said:

Cost a fortune to strengthen the supports and mount them. 

17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Cost a fortune to strengthen the supports and mount them. 

You know that for a fact? Not arguing with your point but where they going up seems a waist of money imo I do hope I’m wrong

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, jamborich said:

You know that for a fact? Not arguing with your point but where they going up seems a waist of money imo I do hope I’m wrong

It is was discussed, at length, when the work was announced. 

1 hour ago, jamborich said:

Where are they going?

Assuming there are two screens … I’ve only seen screens being effective when they are positioned behind the goals. 
Doing that ensures all can see. It’s probably the only thing that WHU have got right at their London Stadium!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

7 hours ago, Mysterion said:

It has potential but might need a gym management company to run it to make things easier (eg. Nuffield run a number of gyms for hotels). The problem with a gym is that it would potentially have to shut on match days.

You'd probably need a few dedicated employees to cover PTing and maybe some classes (perhaps we have some posters with experience of that?), but PureGym entry etc. is all automated etc which reduces all of that. I'm sure with Budges background in IT finding a company to set up an automated membership system where you punch in a code and that opens the door or scans a card etc. would be easily achievable. Think the club benefited big time from bringing the club shop in house, so would imagine similar logic would follow if we were to go down that road. I really do think it has legs, but space is the real issue. If we're ever in a position to redevelop the Wheatfield and can radically increase its size (double?) then the space under the stand could probably hold it. 

My thinking is that if we want to grow further, with the limitations we have things like a hotel, restaurant and gym all kinda line up together and would allow us to turn more areas of the stadium into profit centres. I know turnover doesn't = profit, but if we could garner a couple thousand members at £20 a month it wouldn't be too hard to reach that. 

Appreciate further stadium develop is hampered with health and safety (distillery) but as @Led Tasso has highlighted earlier on, its not an insurmountable issue, it would just cost a fair whack :D 

34 minutes ago, jamborich said:

😴😴😴😴

25 minutes ago, OTT said:

You'd probably need a few dedicated employees to cover PTing and maybe some classes (perhaps we have some posters with experience of that?), but PureGym entry etc. is all automated etc which reduces all of that. I'm sure with Budges background in IT finding a company to set up an automated membership system where you punch in a code and that opens the door or scans a card etc. would be easily achievable. Think the club benefited big time from bringing the club shop in house, so would imagine similar logic would follow if we were to go down that road. I really do think it has legs, but space is the real issue. If we're ever in a position to redevelop the Wheatfield and can radically increase its size (double?) then the space under the stand could probably hold it. 

My thinking is that if we want to grow further, with the limitations we have things like a hotel, restaurant and gym all kinda line up together and would allow us to turn more areas of the stadium into profit centres. I know turnover doesn't = profit, but if we could garner a couple thousand members at £20 a month it wouldn't be too hard to reach that. 

Appreciate further stadium develop is hampered with health and safety (distillery) but as @Led Tasso has highlighted earlier on, its not an insurmountable issue, it would just cost a fair whack :D 

100% this 👌🏽

To grow we need to invest in other revenue streams 👍🏻

21 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm sure with Budges background in IT finding a company to set up an automated membership system where you punch in a code and that opens the door or scans a card etc. would be easily achievable.

During lockdown some of us had to provide info to Laurie so he could go into meetings with our partners for Hearts tv so he could call out issues and have the technical info/questions to ask. I have little faith in the snr management at the club when it comes to technology platforms. Our technology refresh is moving in the right direction now with Dell providing infrastructure. There is still a lot missing. 

11 hours ago, davemclaren said:

It is was discussed, at length, when the work was announced. 

Discussed within the club or just on here

davemclaren
Just now, Sooks said:

Discussed within the club or just on here

On here though One would expect that the club discussed it and discounted it, given where they are going. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

On here though One would expect that the club discussed it and discounted it, given where they are going. 

Thanks 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
13 hours ago, ericb said:

Would have looked brilliant, but there must be a reason why it's not happening, either financial or structural, so seems ok where they are 

would it not block spectator views of the pitch?

highlandjambo3

Big screen question (which may have been covered elsewhere)…… what do they actually show during game time?

Adverts before, half-time and full time I get that but:

VAR replays?
Near misses?

Goal replays?

Fouls?

Offsides?

Who controls the screens, hearts media team?

15 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Big screen question (which may have been covered elsewhere)…… what do they actually show during game time?

VAR replays?
Near misses?

Goal replays?

Fouls?

Offsides?

Maybe let fans take turn at connecting their phones to the screen to choose what's shown?

Thought Police
27 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

VAR replays?
Near misses?

Goal replays?

Fouls?

Offsides?

In terms of who controls it my understand was the other Easton brother.

This was posted earlier in the thread. I think this explained the challenges very well. 

Have a gander, it’s rather interesting 😁

davemclaren
1 minute ago, ShedBoy said:

This was posted earlier in the thread. I think this explained the challenges very well. 

Have a gander, it’s rather interesting 😁

That’s the one. 

Incredible reading the last 2 pages. The fact there are still people unsure where the screens are going despite renders of them being posted and images of the scaffolding being shared makes me very happy The FOH isn't in full control of the club.

• davemclaren changed the title to TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )