** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

But that’s what we were doing before he went on loan.

His development stalled. He did not offer any goal threat or look any use to us at all across 48 appearances. Showed nothing. But, as soon as you mention this massive number of appearances, folk say “oh but half of them were 15-20 mins off the bench”. The fact is Euan Henderson has never looked a Hearts player at any point. A few goals for Alloa in front of crowds of 500 or whatever they draw. It’s a different ball game crossing the white line in front of 20,000 at Tynecastle baying for blood, a manager with demands of Europe, derby wins, wins against the old firm, challenge for silverware, 4 or 5 losses away from sack talk. Playing for Hearts is 90% about the mentality to cope with that pressure. And the vast majority of players out there do not have that required mentality. There’s nothing wrong with that, however they just won’t cut it at this club. Gnanduillet being another example. Technically he is probably a better player than he has shown, but mentally just not cut out for a club of this size. He can’t cope. No composure and completely fluffs almost every touch in the games I’ve seen him this season. So bad he doesn’t even look a footballer. He can’t have been that bad of a player when he was at blackpool. But that’s because that’s a small time club with minimal pressure. 

Second half of our Championship season Euan put in some very good performances. 

Many people thought that he would be given the chance to kick on this season. 

I just can't believe that he would have been any worse than Gnando. 

It would do him or us no harm at all if he gets to finish the season at Tynecastle imo. 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Just now, luckydug said:

Second half of our Championship season Euan put in some very good performances. 

Many people thought that he would be given the chance to kick on this season. 

I just can't believe that he would have been any worse than Gnando. 

It would do him or us no harm at all if he gets to finish the season at Tynecastle imo. 

Completely agree, he must be due a shot at one of Robbie's 60 min substitutes

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

His development stalled. He did not offer any goal threat or look any use to us at all across 48 appearances. Showed nothing. But, as soon as you mention this massive number of appearances, folk say “oh but half of them were 15-20 mins off the bench”. The fact is Euan Henderson has never looked a Hearts player at any point. A few goals for Alloa in front of crowds of 500 or whatever they draw. It’s a different ball game crossing the white line in front of 20,000 at Tynecastle baying for blood, a manager with demands of Europe, derby wins, wins against the old firm, challenge for silverware, 4 or 5 losses away from sack talk. Playing for Hearts is 90% about the mentality to cope with that pressure. And the vast majority of players out there do not have that required mentality. There’s nothing wrong with that, however they just won’t cut it at this club. Gnanduillet being another example. Technically he is probably a better player than he has shown, but mentally just not cut out for a club of this size. He can’t cope. No composure and completely fluffs almost every touch in the games I’ve seen him this season. So bad he doesn’t even look a footballer. He can’t have been that bad of a player when he was at blackpool. But that’s because that’s a small time club with minimal pressure. 

He was mostly chucked out on the wing. What's the harm in him coming back until the summer as an additional option. Don't see the harm personally. You've clearly made your mind up about him though. 

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

I think we should bring Jamie Walker back from Bradford.

Too soon?😜

He's better than what we have etc...

He's a weird one, has talent but is lacking determination and fitness.

Woodburn was on the bench the night Liverpool beat Barcelona 4-0. He's not set the heather alight yet but he's not as bad/ineffective as some make out. Some players take a while until they start to really shine, Larsson wasn't rated at Celtic for the first few months, I'm not comparing Woodburn to Larsson just saying that this demand some have that players should be playing at the top of their form as soon as they start a game for Hearts is unrealistic. 

Edited by Macros

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

Completely agree, he must be due a shot at one of Robbie's 60 min substitutes

*Adopts cliffy claven voice* Researchers say that the best time to make substitutions is no later than 58 minutes for the first, no later than 73 minutes for the second and by 79 minutes for the 3rd.

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Henderson is 20. He "never looked a Hearts player" when he was a teenager. The "A few goals" he's scored for Alloa is around .7/game, including a hat trick. If you watch the highlights he often creates the opportunities himself.

I have no clue if he'll cut it at Hearts but I don't think anyone else does either. Henderson is still very much a developing player and it's possible the light has come on for him.

As for Gnanduillet, I think the biggest problem here is the intensity of the Scottish game, which demands that players be switched on constantly. Even for his size he's more of a finesse player, unable to make the quick cuts and moves that are expected in Scotland, and he certainly doesn't have a lot of pace to cover for it. It didn't work for him and he lost confidence over time, but he did manage 6 goals and a handful of assists in 27 games, which is not great for a striker but still far better than Sammon or Stockton managed for us.

Still, he was offering virtually nothing in his last few appearances and needed to go.

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Sounds like it is a waiting game. I could see it going through but towards the end of window. I imagine his club are just wanting us to pay a bit more before selling him. Though I wonder if would sign him in the summer instead as his club are happy for him to go then.

Daily Record reporting Jordan Roberts is back with us, though Motherwell want to re-sign him but need to agree financial terms.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

Is Scott Burns one of the few that are usually on the money? Noticed no sources mentioned and no quotes in the article. 

Yeah, he normally is clued up on transfer stories.

Ronald Villiers
5 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

There manager managed Dundee United last season might be thinking he was alright against Raith in his first game 😂

I forgot that Micky Mellon guy was down there.  I don't think he'll last as manager either if this is the sort of signings he's going to make.  Need to show him some Jordan Roberts clips aswell!

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Recently - 

Martin

Osh

On the striker front - 

Big Dv

Who was the young West ham striker and we can't forget Ngoo. 

Can't forget the faceless cast once Vlad went full chicken dinner as well. 

We also let a few strikers who could actually score and were decent players go.

Concalves, Bjorn. To be honest I’d add Juanma to that and we didn’t seem to try hard with Zeefuik, who was at least worth a season punt in the SPL.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
18 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Jamie Walker hasn't been allowed to leave for no reason. Not on this tight ship.

Walker AND Gnando.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
26 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Sounds like it is a waiting game. I could see it going through but towards the end of window. I imagine his club are just wanting us to pay a bit more before selling him. Though I wonder if would sign him in the summer instead as his club are happy for him to go then.

Daily Record reporting Jordan Roberts is back with us, though Motherwell want to re-sign him but need to agree financial terms.

Isn't the J league in close season now?

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Concalves, Bjorn. To be honest I’d add Juanma to that and we didn’t seem to try hard with Zeefuik, who was at least worth a season punt in the SPL.

Fair. 

Goncalves got pelters from certain folk as well- I liked him. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair. 

Goncalves got pelters from certain folk as well- I liked him. 

Yep. Was ridiculous.

We are rarely blessed with top notch strikers but the flak some of our decent ones get is ridiculous.

It looks as if we are shifting some of the deadwood now ie Gnando and to a lesser degree walker out of the club, I would like to see Halliday follow suit and us capture an upgraded replacement in midfield.

16 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Bjorn Johnsen was a good player and after leaving has scored goals everywhere else he went. The boo boys targeted him, like they do with at least 1 player in every Hearts team.

18 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Walker AND Gnando.

True that.

You'd think if the budget allowed we would keep them for covid purposes. 

Whelms are coming!

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, 8skacel8 said:

Bjorn Johnsen was a good player and after leaving has scored goals everywhere else he went. The boo boys targeted him, like they do with at least 1 player in every Hearts team.

Cathro ruined him. 

Used him all wrong. 

Tynecastle Valhalla
41 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We should have held onto all three of them - all good players. 

With the right coaching and service Juanma could have been a 20 + goals a year striker 

Would rather Walker remained at us, good squad option to have,looking like Tsuyoshi Ogashiwa will be a Hearts player very soon. 

WheatfieldWarrior
3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I read somewhere at the back end of last week that Klopp was intending  recalling an unnamed loan player because of player shortage due to Covid.  I thought it might be Woodburn.

5  out on loan atm for Liverpool, I'd probably choose one of the 2 more experienced lads, but haven't watched any of them and don't know what Klopp's criteria would be.

Davies is on loan to Sheffield United so it would be ideal if any recall  happens before the Souttar situation is concluded. 

data from transfermarkt - 

image.thumb.png.f98aeb8b18c4031d3d21a48ce0fc3941.png

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

5  out on loan atm for Liverpool, I'd probably choose one of the 2 more experienced lads, but haven't watched any of them and don't know what Klopp's criteria would be.

Davies is on loan to Sheffield United so it would be ideal if any recall  happens before the Souttar situation is concluded. 

data from transfermarkt -  282.46 kB · 0 downloads

They seem to be ok at CH so it might well be Ojo or Woodburn with Mane and Salah away. 

WheatfieldWarrior
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Recently - 

Martin

Osh

On the striker front - 

Big Dv

Who was the young West ham striker and we can't forget Ngoo. 

Can't forget the faceless cast once Vlad went full chicken dinner as well. 

Paul McCallum? what a savior he was - at Dagenham and Redbridge now.

best in the land
9 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

As much as I liked his brief appearances the inescapable conclusion is that he rarely started games because he didn't have 90 minutes of hard graft in him, which is a pity given his natural talent.

Yup.

Maybe not starting games but still feel he could have been brought off the bench more often. 

Definitely before nando for example and possibly gms

Funny how it's went from Tsuyoshi wants to stay at his current club to keen on a move.    His club want him to stay until the summer now.   After having apparently discussed a bid.   

Throw in a Hearts complimentary tea-towel with the deal.   A mug as well. 

1 hour ago, wallace_mercer said:

We should have held onto all three of them - all good players. 

With the right coaching and service Juanma could have been a 20 + goals a year striker 

Jaunma?  He could only stay on his feet long enough to stray offside umpteen times a game. Most frustrating player I have seen in a Hearts jerset. Uche being the second most. Just my opinion though!😉

4 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Funny how it's went from Tsuyoshi wants to stay at his current club to keen on a move.    His club want him to stay until the summer now.   After having apparently discussed a bid.   

Throw in a Hearts complimentary tea-towel with the deal.   A mug as well. 

Which mug? We haven't got nearly as many as we've been used to.

6 hours ago, 8skacel8 said:

Wasn't used well at Hearts at all we played him out wide most of the time.Guy was about 6ft 7 and we had him running the channels.

Hope we get this Japanese boy and another striker. I'd probably be looking for an experienced CF,  maybe 27-30 that's played at a higher level so has the intelligence to create space and link play with McKay and the potential Japanese boy.

7 hours ago, 8skacel8 said:

Its embarrassing. Some must be a hoot to live with.  

Worst strikers I've ever seen for Hearts are in no particular order,

Beckford, McCallum, Ngoo, Mole, Beniusis, Klimek, Tullberg, Witteveen, Nade, Sammon.

Gnando not quite making the shit list. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Beckford, McCallum, Ngoo, Mole, Beniusis, Klimek, Tullberg, Witteveen, Nade, Sammon.

Haha Did Klimek actually ever play for us ? I canny mind? Lol 😆 Jeso that list is grim!

Out of that list I would say

McCallum was the worst with a straight up fight between  beniuseless and tullberg for 2nd worst imo 

13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Witteveen was an incredible signing.  Plucked from obscurity to then quickly return to obscurity, Strange times.

Edited by GinRummy

15 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Haha Did Klimek actually ever play for us ? I canny mind? Lol 😆 Jeso that list is grim!

Out of that list I would say

McCallum was the worst with a straight up fight between  beniuseless and tullberg for 2nd worst imo 

Played twice i believe. Reckon some of us would have done a better job than.those huddies.

010289309112400-1.jpg.87c928ee93c379343fce753c38cb1e8a.jpg

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Witteveen was an incredible signing.  Plucked from obscurity to then quickly return to obscurity, Strange times.

Scored a debut hattrick for Morton though. 

jamboinglasgow
34 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Ngoo should not be anywhere near that list. He scored 5 goals in 17 and on the whole did ok. Problem was that after his debut people expected more than he gave.

34 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Think you could add Craig Wighton to the top of that list. 

13 minutes ago, Performance said:

Think you could add Craig Wighton to the top of that list. 

Semi final goal against hibs surely excused him 

7 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Semi final goal against hibs surely excused him 

0 goals in 14 Championship league appearances this season for Dunfermline. 

7 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

data from transfermarkt -  282.46 kB · 0 downloads

Rhys Williams hardly plays at Swansea I’m sure Klopp wasn’t impressed on Swansea with the lack of game time.

Liverpool recalled Leighton Clarkson from Blackburn Rovers last week 

Davies was a strange signing never played a game beat Celtic to signing him. 

23 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Ngoo should not be anywhere near that list. He scored 5 goals in 17 and on the whole did ok. Problem was that after his debut people expected more than he gave.

Absolutely, I don't know what people expected of a striker playing in that side. Absolute mayhem behind the scenes at that time too, the boy did fine.

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

There is a name everyone forgets about.

Soufian El Hassnaoui

Injury hit season still managed to appear 18 times for us wasn’t keen on him. Looks like he retired in 2017.

Edited by Stu_HMFC

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic