• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

33 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Excellent news on Halkett. Extensions for him and CG are huge for us. Hopefully Kingsley and Haring follow suit soon. 

There are some decent players out of contract at other clubs too. The likes of Siegrist, Lamie, McCart, Fuchs, and McGrath are definitely worth a look!

D575307E-8EA7-4BDD-8887-8811B540FE19.jpeg

Southampton and Rangers are after Siegrist. I wouldn’t mind McGrath or McCart.

Great news about Halkett, vastly improved player this season and gives us some continuity at the back (on top of being well deserved). Would be good to get Kingsley "penned" on an extension next. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
17 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Souter just needs to go to the highest bidder and be done with all this shite. 

To be fair him delaying is probably helping us secure a better fee - in some way.

Wr know he is leaving so we plan for it. He hasn’t just shot his bolt and committted so teams are bidding up for him and if they want him early need to put a decent amount down.

He’s told them he’d prefer a move this month so any team that really want him have to pony up to him and to Hearts.

I’m easy with the situation, in fact it is better for us on the face of it.

bobby bombscare
32 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Great news Craig has signed on again 

Also good that Joe runs such a tight ship regarding keeping such news in house until announced The way it should be

Not a peep from ITKers about this news today so let’s wait for official announcements and stop putting faith in the rumour mongers 

it seems to have been this way since savage started. 

Also, whenever it has been made public that we have been looking at someone, we very quickly been quoted as NOT looking at them. Making me thinks if an agent leaks it, hoping to start a bidding war, we just walk away! These are all good signs IMO. You could imagine of it was made public abour Beni, Devlin, Atkinson etc, we would have had to pay more for them. 

Same goes for Halkett deal. Basically nothing said until it was announced.. I would imagine the same for Kingsley if he is signing again as well, or for a pre-contract for loan players etc.. 

Getting Halkett and Kingsley signed up is key. They are a good unit. If/when we lose Soapy, Moore can become part of that and hopefully we can keep him long term as well so long as he performs well. If not I'm sure we can replace both. If we had lost all 3 of them that would've been ......

:lol:

52 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Excellent news on Halkett. Extensions for him and CG are huge for us. Hopefully Kingsley and Haring follow suit soon. 

There are some decent players out of contract at other clubs too. The likes of Siegrist, Lamie, McCart, Fuchs, and McGrath are definitely worth a look!

D575307E-8EA7-4BDD-8887-8811B540FE19.jpeg

Lost count of the amount of times I've said, but I think Appere as a squad since he can play anywhere across the front three, would be a great addition on a free. Still very young, a good, tall, quick, physical attacker, who looks like he'll turn into a pretty handy player. 

Pasquale for King
53 minutes ago, Steak said:

If you've got a high viz and Jonno flickers his lights you're in there.

Thanks for the info, did you enjoy yourself 😱😜?

23 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Lost count of the amount of times I've said, but I think Appere as a squad since he can play anywhere across the front three, would be a great addition on a free. Still very young, a good, tall, quick, physical attacker, who looks like he'll turn into a pretty handy player. 

His name had been touted by yourself and others on here for a while as a possible signing for us. Whenever I watch United I have a look to see how he plays for that reason. Can’t say he’s done much for me to want him. But I haven’t saw that much and it’s usually against us or Rangers or Celtic as it’s on TV. If he’s cheap on a free at contract expiry could fall into the worth a punt category mind you.

Hearts just love to drip feed us the news. Teasing bassas :lol:

Nathanial Atkinson arrives on Monday.

Craig Halkett signs a contract extension on Tuesday.

Wednesday.....????? 

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Wednesday.....????? 

Savage is just a fan of Craig David

Italian Lambretta
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I could have wrote that Raman. He will either go to Rangers or one of two championship clubs. We’ve pretty much known this for a week. 

I wish the prick would just hurry up and make up his mind so we can all move on.

6 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

Take Charles cook in a Heartbeat 

Movement and pace makes things difficult for defenders, scores all types of goals, if Charles-Cooke out of contract would definitely take. Although some would not want a "Ross County" player.

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Pre-contract ?    Not ideal from Hearts point of view, imo.  No fee, and questionable if he'll be 100% focused on giving everything on the pitch for us after all his injuries.     Just have to hope he insists on a sell-on clause to benefit Hearts.  Anyone know who the 2 Champ clubs are likely to be ? 

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Pre-contract ?    Not ideal from Hearts point of view, imo.  No fee, and questionable if he'll be 100% focused on giving everything on the pitch for us after all his injuries.     Just have to hope he insists on a sell-on clause to benefit Hearts.  Anyone know who the 2 Champ clubs are likely to be ? 

Blackburn and Sheff Utd  ? 

13 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Savage is just a fan of Craig David

😃 .... in which case, he'll be (ahem) "otherwise engaged" till Sunday. :whistling:

kingantti1874

I don’t want Souttar to sign for the huns, thing is - if he isn’t staying for us I think it’s where he will go.  

I do not and never have though the championship is the right league for him.. too many games - I suspect he thinks likewise

Clark Griswold
6 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Happy with that.

Fair chance he's our next Captain.

Great news. Was just about to comment the exact same. His passing around the defence does scare me at times though. Great news nonetheless. 

Blackburn look like the best bet for Souttar. Could be playing in the Premier League next season. Just hope whichever English side he chooses are desperate for him now and willing to pay a reasonable fee or nominal fee with decent sell on percentage.

If he decides to sign a pre contract with Rangers, is there an option for us to send him out on loan for the rest of the season eg to one of the English clubs who are in for him? 

Maybe Souttar has been waiting on Halkett re-signing. He'll put pen to paper on a new deal with Hearts tomorrow.    

:jj:

Our goal this season is to finish 3rd. Savage himself has said eventual goal is to win the title, which means that next season we have to work on closing the gap between 3rd and the top two. So, if Souttar signs for Rangers then **** him and **** them, bench him until the end of the season. We should be doing nothing to assist in them getting a better player next season, in fact quite the opposite.

portobellojambo1

Think we'll struggle to pick up anyone else over this period who can match up to securing both Craig Gordon and Craig Halkett on new deals. To me it shows we are continuing to build for the future, and with the new Australian arrival and if we can secure Kingsly as well we can then look to try and get a more attack minded midfielder and a good player to play up front with Boyce. It is all looking good and hopefully reflects on us continuing to perform on the park.

12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t want Souttar to sign for the huns, thing is - if he isn’t staying for us I think it’s where he will go.  

I do not and never have though the championship is the right league for him.. too many games - I suspect he thinks likewise

Not so sure about that mate... if he goes to Rangers he'll have European games (at least until Christmas most years 😀), not to mention guaranteed Scotland games (if he chooses the OF). I don't think he'll have any less games opting for sevco. Must admit though, I do think his preference is along the M8, also.... really hope I'm wrong.

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, SUTOL said:

Maybe Souttar has been waiting on Halkett re-signing. He'll put pen to paper on a new deal with Hearts tomorrow.    

:jj:

I've still not discounted him (Souttar) staying at Tynecastle.

Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

I've still not discounted him (Souttar) staying at Tynecastle.

I wouldn't be surprised if he signed a short contract extension. Or new 2 year deal. 

But I also wouldn't be surprised if he leaves tomorrow!

Phil D. Corners
25 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

If be signs a pre contract there will be no sell on fee. 

Once he signs a contract the 2 clubs (Hearts and whoever) will get together and agree a fee for the remaining contract. 

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

His name had been touted by yourself and others on here for a while as a possible signing for us. Whenever I watch United I have a look to see how he plays for that reason. Can’t say he’s done much for me to want him. But I haven’t saw that much and it’s usually against us or Rangers or Celtic as it’s on TV. If he’s cheap on a free at contract expiry could fall into the worth a punt category mind you.

Yeah he has only played 2 full games so far this season - both at CF - and scored in one. The rest of his appearances he's been flung on as "fresh legs" on the wing (and they don't really play wingers as such). I think he'd be a good fit for our system and obviously fits into how Robbie likes to play since it was him who signed him for DUFC. He'd give us cover across three or four attacking positions (RW, LW, AM, CF) so I'd say an ideal replacement for Jamie Walker. Still young too, so aye I think he would be worth a punt on a pre-contract in the hope that he can crack on playing a style that suits him with some good role models in GMS and Barrie McKay also at the club. 

There's part of me that's thinking logically too though and if he's struggling for a game at Dundee Utd do we even want to be thinking about him, but I dunno, just something about him that I like the look of. Assuming we're probably aiming higher anyway and that perhaps GMS/Gino will drop into backup roles to make way for a new signing.

Edited by Batistuta87

9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah he has only played 2 full games so far this season - both at CF - and scored in one. The rest of his appearances he's been flung on as "fresh legs" on the wing (and they don't really play wingers as such). I think he'd be a good fit for our system and obviously fits into how Robbie likes to play since it was him who signed him for DUFC. He'd give us cover across three or four attacking positions (RW, LW, AM, CF) so I'd say an ideal replacement for Jamie Walker. Still young too, so aye I think he would be worth a punt on a pre-contract in the hope that he can crack on playing a style that suits him with some good role models in GMS and Barrie McKay also at the club. 

There's part of me that's thinking logically too though and if he's struggling for a game at Dundee Utd do we even want to be thinking about him, but I dunno, just something about him that I like the look of. Assuming we're probably aiming higher anyway and that perhaps GMS/Gino will drop into backup roles to make way for a new signing.

Yeah, if you asked me outright what I think I’d say I would hope we’d be aiming much, much higher. But if we’re talking squad depth should we be looking at European games and someone coming in cheap as chips, I can see an attraction. But overall not one I’m overly keen on.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, King prawn said:

Unpopular opinion... a false number 9 really isn't a difficult concept to grasp :peepwall:

Even this guy gets it

See the source image

4 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Ah,  the days of no substitutes,  2-3-5 formation, fans swapping ends at half time and the referees as bent as they are now

I think all this modern jibba jabba comes from the U.S. 

I came over here 45 yrs ago and there was none of this complicated pish. It is indeed a simple game being made incredibly complicated by so called experts. 
I struggle massively to follow what the pundits are rambling on about during an NFL, Baseball or Basketball game. And that os me only watching highlight ffs!  They along with football are very simple games when broken down to the basics. 
I think all the bluster is about dumbasses trying to make themselves sound intelligent. 
Newsflash. It isn’t working!😜

Bazzas right boot

Should bookmark this thread for when Halket is getting called a cart horse once we concede our next goal and he was only good because Souttar was about.😎

16 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Blackburn look like the best bet for Souttar. Could be playing in the Premier League next season. Just hope whichever English side he chooses are desperate for him now and willing to pay a reasonable fee or nominal fee with decent sell on percentage.

If he decides to sign a pre contract with Rangers, is there an option for us to send him out on loan for the rest of the season eg to one of the English clubs who are in for him? 

This is where I am. It just makes so much sense for him to go to Blackburn and for us to get whatever fee we can from them to let him go now. They'll be able to pay him about the same wages as Rangers, they'll be a more direct potential route into the PL, and he'll live a relatively quiet life without having to deal with all the abuse, threats, and general hassle that OF players have to put up with up here. If he goes there and they get into the PL, BOOM, his financial future is sorted, and he'll probably get another 50-100% wage rise next season. If he does well there, then you've got even bigger teams sniffing around who can pay double again. Just seems so stupid to go to Rangers when the other options are what they are. 

10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Yeah, if you asked me outright what I think I’d say I would hope we’d be aiming much, much higher. But if we’re talking squad depth should we be looking at European games and someone coming in cheap as chips, I can see an attraction. But overall not one I’m overly keen on.

Yeah - again, not for a first team player and I suspect we will be aiming higher, but a decent option none the less I think, to give us some depth and as a replacement for JW.

Brick Tamland
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Wednesday.....????? 

Sporting Director Joe Savage said: “We want to keep our best players at the club so that we can continue to progress, and Craig has been a big part of our journey so far.

“It was, therefore, a no brainer to make him an offer and I’m really happy that there was a keenness from all sides to get it done.

“It’s great news ahead of our return to action, and I’m hopeful that we’ll have even more good news in the coming days.”

:sweeet:

22 minutes ago, Canscot said:

I think all this modern jibba jabba comes from the U.S. 

I came over here 45 yrs ago and there was none of this complicated pish. It is indeed a simple game being made incredibly complicated by so called experts. 
I struggle massively to follow what the pundits are rambling on about during an NFL, Baseball or Basketball game. And that os me only watching highlight ffs!  They along with football are very simple games when broken down to the basics. 
I think all the bluster is about dumbasses trying to make themselves sound intelligent. 
Newsflash. It isn’t working!😜

Spot on. Totally agree.

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

Rangers is the worst option for him imo.  Lack of real ambition.

Depends what he defines as ambition I guess, at Rangers he will quadruple wages, stay in Scotland, stay in Scotland team. Play in Europe and win things.  He thrives on being in possession based teams too. ( all preventing injuries).

Blackburn, Sheffield utd etc. on paper aren't very appealing, lots of if's and but's. Salary will be matched but after that, who knows.

51 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Our goal this season is to finish 3rd. Savage himself has said eventual goal is to win the title, which means that next season we have to work on closing the gap between 3rd and the top two. So, if Souttar signs for Rangers then **** him and **** them, bench him until the end of the season. We should be doing nothing to assist in them getting a better player next season, in fact quite the opposite.

Spot on.

6 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Depends what he defines as ambition I guess, at Rangers he will quadruple wages, stay in Scotland, stay in Scotland team. Play in Europe and win things.  He thrives on being in possession based teams too. ( all preventing injuries).

Blackburn, Sheffield utd etc. on paper aren't very appealing, lots of if's and but's. Salary will be matched but after that, who knows.

At the recent HMSA dinner, Anne Budge indicated our CEO Andrew McKinlay raised his eyebrows and was surprised how much Hearts were prepared to offer to keep Souttar.   He would in my mind be the highest paid player at the club, we could do no more to keep him.  I really hope he goes down south to further his career and not the dark side for cash.

Edited by goader

I’d hate to see him at Rangers but i get it

money, scotland caps, champions league, trophies and easy for family. Ticks a lot of boxes.

Good shop window too - look at Tierney, Patterson etc.

Championship is a massive risk. No guarantees in that league. Rangers are

lost in space
3 minutes ago, R1874 said:

I’d hate to see him at Rangers but i get it

money, scotland caps, champions league, trophies and easy for family. Ticks a lot of boxes.

Good shop window too - look at Tierney, Patterson etc.

Championship is a massive risk. No guarantees in that league. Rangers are

Your reasoning is too reasonable. STOP IT!!

Not overly thrilled at Halkett staying, depends who replaces Souter I guess. At times against Ross County and St Mirren it seemed like they could have as many chances they want and our defence was doing nothing to repel any attack.

You can't get better if you keep the same players.

Just now, lost in space said:

Your reasoning is too reasonable. STOP IT!!

It might make sense for him in many ways but i do agree with the other comments about benching him and working with his replacement instead if he is staying until the summer.

No interest in letting him develop further under Hearts if his future isnt with us. Lets us work on the future too.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic