** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Everybody Loves Baz!
7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

yaas the fee is agreed, what are we paying them? 

I must admit at a wee chuckle here :jjyay:

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Good luck to Jamie; goodbye to Gnandulliet.

Both impact subs in recent times but at least the former actually made some. Gnandulliet just floated about aimlessly. 

Any fee will make the latter's departure a good piece of business.

Must have missed the bit where Gnando was an impact sub!   Good luck to them both though.  Walker has undoubted ability but questionable stamina,  Gnando, one of those signings that didn’t work out for player or club unfortunately. 

36 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

NattyAkka confirmed by Hearts twitter.

Welcome officially Natty!

Cool. Welcome to the famous NA

24 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

He talks well, clearly him and Devlin got a good bond.

Quite echoey in the dressing room to film interviews in. Also the 'HEA' intro for Hearts TV stuff has done my head in for years, wish they'd ditch it, doesn't even make sense to only have 3 letters then start anyway! 

Just now, Gmcjambo said:

Must have missed the bit where Gnando was an impact sub!   Good luck to them both though.  Walker has undoubted ability but questionable stamina,  Gnando, one of those signings that didn’t work out for player or club unfortunately. 

Well his debut and the match against Utd and he certainly made an impact at Livvy 😅

18 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the discussion is about whether we pay part of his wages for the rest of the season.

I don't think there would be a fee and we would subsidise the wages...makes no sense 😕 

As long as he goes, that's the main thing...if we get anything, and I mean anything, we have stitched them up good and proper 😁😝

bobby bombscare

Atkinson Arriving, Gnando leaving and Sibbick rejecting an offer from the hobos... good day! 

Also, how we managed to sign Gnando on a free, do nothing with him and punt him on for cash is a mystery to me! Well done to those in charge of that one! 

When you see us actually moving players like Gnando on for a fee when it didn't work out, it makes you wonder how much cash we squandered in recent years... anyway, only looking forward from here! 

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Fee agreed with Tranmere for Gnando

I see he's played for them before back in 2014 and popped in a couple of goals.

Edited by feej

48 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

On a more positive note Natty Akka doing the twirly has brightened up

a dismal Minday🇱🇻

Officer Crabtree fan per chance 😉?

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Agree with you both.    Lets hope its a minimum of  2 strikers with the same hunger &  attitude as Cammy.

Bradford though, eh ?  Bit of a come down for a talented player like Jamie.   Weren't St Johnstone supposed to be interested ?

Them and Livingston if the media are to be believed.

Yes seems a bit of a strange move. I spoke someone who was on the board at Bradford on holiday in October and he was raving about Derek Adams and his coaching. Perhaps that had something to do with the move. 

Ronald Villiers

Tranmere must have made their decision based on YouTube videos.  Wait and see, he'll start banging them in.  Good riddance though, horrendous footballer!

Good to get Gnando off the wage bill and if we have secured anything for him then it's a master stroke! Was never good enough for Hearts, a dreadful player that had the heart of a mouse. Glad we won't have to watch him gently jogging to close someone down or fresh airing a header again. 

1 hour ago, Ari Gold said:

I'm with you. I think LCB is perfect for Kingsley. 

Not sure he's quick enough to play left wing back. I know he does like a run up the park but i think for LWB you need to be that bit more explosive/mobile.

I think he’s surely in with a shout of playing there for Scotland if anything ever happens to Tierney.

No issue with him at LB or LWB but for me his best position is LCB. 

Can see the logic in Kingsley moving back to LWB and Findlay slotting in at LCB if we don’t manage to retain Cochrane tbf . 

56 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Bummer. Someone text John Hughes at Dunfy, treble loan deal available. Jordan Roberts, Gnanduillet and Euan Henderson. No we’re not trying to get you sacked Yogi honestly 

Neither Hendo or Roberts can play for anyone else this season other than us or Alloa/Well.  They could be the two strikers we have to support Boyce🤔

6 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Good to get Gnando off the wage bill and if we have secured anything for him then it's a master stroke! Was never good enough for Hearts, a dreadful player that had the heart of a mouse. Glad we won't have to watch him gently jogging to close someone down or fresh airing a header again. 

Heart of a mouse definitely . Think that was his problem not his ability (or lack of it)

Wasn't first choice , needed to fight for his place . Just didn't

Neverforgetfiveone
37 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Don’t hold anything against him. If he had played better he’d still be here. He didn’t. 

The laddie is an enigma, he can be a world beater and a waster in the same game. 

I do question his overall fitness, I hope that it’s that because if he is fully fit then he has had a real lack of desire on and off the pitch. He doesn’t work hard enough on the pitch and if he was fit and working hard then he would be banging on Neilsons door demanding to be played…

I think the cool seats in the dugout at we’re too comfy for him! 

2 hours ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Walker can feel aggrieved  that he wasn’t given a proper chance under Robbie for whatever reason,im sure he’ll do well at Bradfords level! Glad he isn’t going to be in opposition to us

I don't think he can feel aggrieved because Walker knows who calls the shots and picks the team and ulitmately is responsible for the teams results.

He can't have convinced Robbie enough to have him start games and as a result he was used sparingly and scored a few important goals for us from the bench.

Folk said that he would do well when he went to Wigan four years ago and then went out on loan to Peterborough.

I hope he does well but I am not so sure.

Phil D. Corners
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Neither Hendo or Roberts can play for anyone else this season other than us or Alloa/Well.  They could be the two strikers we have to support Boyce🤔

Did either of them play for us in the league? 

Just now, Phil D. Corners said:

Did either of them play for us in the league? 

They played competitive games for us. Don’t think it matters what competition though maybe it does. 

21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Can’t remember either of them playing for us this season ?

Edit. Hendo was a last minute sub twice so he can’t go anywhere else it would seem, although lower league development loans might be excluded from the rule

Roberts hasn’t played at all for us so he can go anywhere.

Edited by JimmyCant

Italian Lambretta
23 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Tranmere must have made their decision based on YouTube videos.  Wait and see, he'll start banging them in.  Good riddance though, horrendous footballer!

Or they just looked at the kb thread the night we played Raith Rovers and saw so many posters creaming themselves after he scored 2 goals.

11 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

The laddie is an enigma, he can be a world beater and a waster in the same game. 

I do question his overall fitness, I hope that it’s that because if he is fully fit then he has had a real lack of desire on and off the pitch. He doesn’t work hard enough on the pitch and if he was fit and working hard then he would be banging on Neilsons door demanding to be played…

I think the cool seats in the dugout at we’re too comfy for him! 

You get different stories from different folk on here regarding his fitness so hard to say really. Wish him well but just hasn’t worked out. 

I’ve changed my mind and opinion about him more than anyone else I can remember playing for us. 

Edited by GinRummy

2 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Agree with you both.    Lets hope its a minimum of  2 strikers with the same hunger &  attitude as Cammy.

Bradford though, eh ?  Bit of a come down for a talented player like Jamie.   Weren't St Johnstone supposed to be interested ?

St Johnstone would be ideal for him,it will come down to cash available.

16 minutes ago, pointon said:

A fee for Gnando I think I am living in a parallel universe 

Tranmere have Indonesian invertors that seem to slowly be buying the club, they've put in nearly £4m (taking them to c25% ownership) so far with the latest 400k only a few days ago

My feelings on Walker is that he is a brilliant player to has a squad depth, especially with the run of fixtures coming up in Jan and Feb.  I'm guessing his weekly wage doesn't justify his squad status however, Levein probably gave him silly money to comeback, which is why we are looking to move on.  Squad will be very thin if he and Gnando both leave, replacements must be on the way 👀

Resd on Facebook Toby Sibbick rejected Hibs. His brief stint here he looked quality before he unfortunate got ill. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Resd on Facebook Toby Sibbick rejected Hibs. His brief stint here he looked quality before he unfortunate got ill. 

Would rather Sibbick than Findlay 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
5 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

My feelings on Walker is that he is a brilliant player to has a squad depth, especially with the run of fixtures coming up in Jan and Feb.  I'm guessing his weekly wage doesn't justify his squad status however, Levein probably gave him silly money to comeback, which is why we are looking to move on.  Squad will be very thin if he and Gnando both leave, replacements must be on the way 👀

Won us 3 points at Dundee. Sorry to see him go 

1 hour ago, William H. Bonney said:

I have to say, I liked the cut of Cammy Devlin's jib before he even kicked a ball, and I'm getting the same positive vibe from Atkinson. Really looking forward to seeing him in the team.

1 minute ago, pointon said:

Would rather Sibbick than Findlay 

Thought Sibbick’s positions were either defensive mid or full back? Has he been playing centre back recently ?

Just now, GinRummy said:

Thought Sibbick’s positions were either defensive mid or full back? Has he been playing centre back recently ?

Not sure but I don’t see us with any vacancies in the defensive midfield slots, at the moment. 

Niemi’s gloves
23 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Can’t remember either of them playing for us this season ?

Edit. Hendo was a last minute sub twice so he can’t go anywhere else it would seem, although lower league development loans might be excluded from the rule

Roberts hasn’t played at all for us so he can go anywhere.

Roberts did play for the last 20 minutes of the league cup game against Peterhead. If this counts under the three clubs rule, then he can’t play for anyone other than us or ‘Well this season. 

3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I liked him even though he only played two games. A mate spoke to him in hospitality after the St Johnstone game and he said he came across really well and loved the club although he had only spent a wee while with us. Could be a good utility player, defence and midfield, fits our profile and doesn't seem to be a regular starter in a Barnsley side that are struggling. Get him signed Joe.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Not sure but I don’t see us with any vacancies in the defensive midfield slots, at the moment. 

Agreed. If he’d been playing centre back then could be a different story but we’re fine for full backs/wing backs now as well. No point signing Sibbick if those are still his positions. 

in saying that, he does have the energy and drive that RN looks for. 

6 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Roberts did play for the last 20 minutes of the league cup game against Peterhead. If this counts under the three clubs rule, then he can’t play for anyone other than us or ‘Well this season. 

That being the case, what a mental decision to play him there. 

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'd take Findlay and Sibbick tbh.

As would I.

Sibbick can be our new utility man so we can get rid of Halliday.

2 minutes ago, jamboj said:

He showed some decent form with Motherwell last season. Maybe Robbie hadn’t made his mind up on keeping him. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Don’t hold anything against him. If he had played better he’d still be here. He didn’t. 

Pretty much this.

1 minute ago, saxondale said:

As would I.

Sibbick can be our new utility man so we can get rid of Halliday.

I remember watching Sibbick playing on the right of a back 3 for Barnsley against Chelsea and he was solid. I also remember that game against Rangers where he was class in central midfield. We were all calling him predator because of the dreds and the fact he was forever winning the ball.

Signing him and Findlay would probably turn Cochrane into the utility, freeing up Halliday to do a Walker and go on loan until his contract is up.

1 hour ago, Ronald Villiers said:

There manager managed Dundee United last season might be thinking he was alright against Raith in his first game 😂

Niemi’s gloves
2 minutes ago, jamboj said:

Sort of agree but remember that the league cup comes round very early in Scotland and is to some degree seen as an extension of pre-season. I think we only had Alex Cochrane in by the time of the Peterhead game on 10 July with some other signings still 6/7 weeks away. 

I’m no expert on UEFA’s 3 clubs rule. Maybe it should only apply to games in the league and each country’s  main cup competition (and for all I know, maybe that is the case). 

15 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Who else has he played for then ? I thought you can play for 3 clubs max in 1 season Hearts and Motherwell he would be able to play for a third. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic