** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Just now, Clark Griswold said:

Anyone know if a player can play for more than 2 teams in a season? Don’t think it’s been asked yet 

See above my post mate 👍

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

3 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Anyone know if a player can play for more than 2 teams in a season? Don’t think it’s been asked yet 

😂😂

Exile fae Main Street

Are there no leads / rumours/ sniffs about us getting forwards in?

Also, any news on contract situations for Halkett and Kingsley?

5 minutes ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Are there no leads / rumours/ sniffs about us getting forwards in?

Also, any news on contract situations for Halkett and Kingsley?

It is a tad concerning that Boyce is now showing as Hearts ONLY forward even if Ginnelly, Woodburn, McKay & GMS can potter around the penalty box.

6 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

It is a tad concerning that Boyce is now showing as Hearts ONLY forward even if Ginnelly, Woodburn, McKay & GMS can potter around the penalty box.

How is it concerning when there's 3 weeks of the window left... We've literally got all month to bring someone in. I know we've got a couple of games coming up but we've more than enough to make it through then now and to take our time over those incoming. I don't want stop gaps, I want guys who are going to see us through the next couple of seasons and who are going to improve us. If that means it takes a little time then so be it. 

11 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

It's not concerning now.

in 2/3 weeks time it will be but people will come in

11 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I get what you mean but I’m confident we’ll bring in better than Gnando so not too bothered. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
53 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

A fee? 

How much are we paying them?

“This is Tranmere, we want to buy Nando”

”sounds good, we’ll go tell him to get packed”

”we haven’t discussed a fee yet”

”no seriously, we don’t have much money”

1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

What's the odds that when Gnanduillet finalises his move away he then takes a swipe at the quality of football in Scotland as the reason he failed miserably.

This is a stick on

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Call me over optimistic but my feeling is that Natty Akka is going to have better than expected impact on our goals scored column - scoring, assists, and additional proper attacking presence when in possession.

I still want a striker and another attacker though but I just don’t think we need to shit the bed and panic buy.

1 hour ago, Russ1977 said:

You sure Damour is out of contract? I thought he had another year. 

Oh Damour, bloody Hearts are still paying for you... 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

He showed some decent form with Motherwell last season. Maybe Robbie hadn’t made his mind up on keeping him. 

Stevie Wonder could see he was never good enough 

With no games or press conferences at the moment I decided to write a piece about the January window…

https://t.co/xU8AHcbUF6 

Souttar obviously dominates it, also mentions for Gnanduillet, Atkinson, Henderson, Walker and Stuart Findlay who was linked with us today (again). 

Reads appreciated

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, jamboj said:

Stevie Wonder could see he was never good enough 

Aah but he’d been released from his shackles and was thriving…

🙄

25 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Is woodburn still here? I was always under the impression his loan was only until January (now) but could be mistaken.

Edited by Squirt

Just now, Squirt said:

Is woodburn still here? I was always under the impression his loan was only until January (now) but could be mistaken.

Thought it was a season loan.

4 minutes ago, Squirt said:

There is a break clause but not sure for what side 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

First off, I hope we sign someone miles better than League 1’s Euan Henderson.

And secondly if he’s 3rd choice here, that’s then back to square 1 before he went on loan, shite for his development as he won’t start games at CF (which is what he’s doing now) instead will be a utility guy probably filling in here or there whatever’s needed. We’re not starting him at CF in front of both Liam Boyce and the new quality CF we are hopefully signing. 

IMO he should be offered a 1 year extension here as a reward for his good form, then if he accepts that extension he will return to Alloa for the remainder of the season, come back pre season and have a go. But he may not accept that extension. He may feel, like some other peers of his, that Hearts first team quality levels are just too high for him to compete for a jersey, and he’s got to get out there and play at a lower level to develop himself into a premiership player. At a certain age of 21-22 it becomes imperative to be playing. That for me, is the most likely outcome. And good luck to him at a Falkirk type club who I think might pick him up on a pro deal as they have with the like of Morrison and Keena. Or maybe Queens Park with Lewis Moore. These kids aren’t Hearts standard of players at this moment in time but good luck to them in their careers, they’ve been given every chance of carving out pro careers which is a tough thing to do.

I'm not suggesting he starts in front of Boyce or whoever else but bring him back for 5 months. Give him 20/25 mins here and there off the bench. No harm in that at all. 

Gnanduillet is probably going to put 7-8 goals across the rest of the season at Tranmere. It didn't work out here and it's good he's away but FFS he caused some of you to lose the plot entirely.

"Worst Hearts player ever" as if Malaury Martin never kicked a ball for us.

JFC.

All the best to the big man, hope it works out for him.

Just now, Led Tasso said:

Gnanduillet is probably going to put 7-8 goals across the rest of the season at Tranmere. It didn't work out here and it's good he's away but FFS he caused some of you to lose the plot entirely.

JFC.

He was nowhere near as bad as some would have you believe. It was mainly a confidence issue with him. Having your own fans singing songs about how shite you are tends to have that effect 

50 minutes ago, Squirt said:

I read somewhere at the back end of last week that Klopp was intending  recalling an unnamed loan player because of player shortage due to Covid.  I thought it might be Woodburn.

9 minutes ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

He was nowhere near as bad as some would have you believe. It was mainly a confidence issue with him. Having your own fans singing songs about how shite you are tends to have that effect 

One or two games aside he wasn’t great last season either. Don’t think the fans had much to do with his failure in maroon. 

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Either side can cancel a cross border loan in January, as we did with Tony Watt or Burnley did with Jimmy Dunne. 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Scott Leitch said:

I'm not suggesting he starts in front of Boyce or whoever else but bring him back for 5 months. Give him 20/25 mins here and there off the bench. No harm in that at all. 

But that’s what we were doing before he went on loan.

His development stalled. He did not offer any goal threat or look any use to us at all across 48 appearances. Showed nothing. But, as soon as you mention this massive number of appearances, folk say “oh but half of them were 15-20 mins off the bench”. The fact is Euan Henderson has never looked a Hearts player at any point. A few goals for Alloa in front of crowds of 500 or whatever they draw. It’s a different ball game crossing the white line in front of 20,000 at Tynecastle baying for blood, a manager with demands of Europe, derby wins, wins against the old firm, challenge for silverware, 4 or 5 losses away from sack talk. Playing for Hearts is 90% about the mentality to cope with that pressure. And the vast majority of players out there do not have that required mentality. There’s nothing wrong with that, however they just won’t cut it at this club. Gnanduillet being another example. Technically he is probably a better player than he has shown, but mentally just not cut out for a club of this size. He can’t cope. No composure and completely fluffs almost every touch in the games I’ve seen him this season. So bad he doesn’t even look a footballer. He can’t have been that bad of a player when he was at blackpool. But that’s because that’s a small time club with minimal pressure. 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Shankland can only play for Dundee United, as he has played for two clubs this season, summer move could be on the cards. 

Rudden i reckon we could get him now tbh, really think Hearts should start applying the moneyball strategy, as it's the only way we can compete with the old firm, by securing player turnover sales. 

Unless Anderson or someone wants to put money into us. 

given we recruited data analysis resource heavily , and this a data analysis was exactly how we could identified Cammy Devlin ( as per Joe savage on one of the pods)  I think this is exactly what we are doing.  

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Was this disclosed anywhere?

Brown Stuff 74

Be disappointed if Woodburn was recalled. He's been ineffectual on occasion but started to look much more like the talent everyone knows he is before the break. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

So easy it was almost cruelty 

17 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Was this disclosed anywhere?

HEARTS have won the chase to bring in highly rated Liverpool kid Ben Woodburn on loan.

The Welshman became the Anfield club’s youngest ever goalscorer in 2016 when he netted against Leeds at 17 years and 45 days.

Ben Woodburn has bucketloads of potential
Ben Woodburn has bucketloads of potentialCredit: PA

He also scored for Wales on his international debut against Austria the following year.

Woodburn was among the subs when the Reds opened their Premier League season at Norwich last weekend.

But boss Jurgen Klopp is prepared to let the attacking midfielder go out for regular first team football.

And the Jambos, who landed Everton youngster Beni Benigame earlier this month, are delighted he has chosen Tynecastle.

Woodburn is already a key man for Wales
Woodburn is already a key man for WalesCredit: Reuters

He joins ahead of the meeting with Aberdeen this weekend - for six months initially with the option of extending it for the remainder of the season.

Boss Robbe Neilson was without a number of players as his side lost to Celtic and winger Josh Ginnelly was only fit enough to play 45 minutes.

Nucky Thompson
8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

HEARTS have won the chase to bring in highly rated Liverpool kid Ben Woodburn on loan.

The Welshman became the Anfield club’s youngest ever goalscorer in 2016 when he netted against Leeds at 17 years and 45 days.

He also scored for Wales on his international debut against Austria the following year.

Woodburn was among the subs when the Reds opened their Premier League season at Norwich last weekend.

But boss Jurgen Klopp is prepared to let the attacking midfielder go out for regular first team football.

And the Jambos, who landed Everton youngster Beni Benigame earlier this month, are delighted he has chosen Tynecastle.

He joins ahead of the meeting with Aberdeen this weekend - for six months initially with the option of extending it for the remainder of the season.

Boss Robbe Neilson was without a number of players as his side lost to Celtic and winger Josh Ginnelly was only fit enough to play 45 minutes.

Cheers

12 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Club website says it was for a full season not 6 months 

10 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I'm not sure how much we can trust this report given Liverpool took several days to make a final decision following this and he didn't join until after the Aberdeen game. It's also reported as a 12 month loan on the official site.

part_time_jambo
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

JFC.

They always need someone to focus their displeasure on.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

One or two games aside he wasn’t great last season either. Don’t think the fans had much to do with his failure in maroon. 

It hasn't worked out and he needs to go. I don't think that has been in dispute.

But the criticism on here has gone far beyond that, with chat about "worst I've ever seen in a Hearts jersey," which is quite simply beyond absurd.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

It's really not.

Completely expected as we had 2, and 1 is leaving. 

I'd be concerned if the January window closes and it remains that way but it was completely expected when Gnando left. 

2-1 =1.

7 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

It hasn't worked out and he needs to go. I don't think that has been in dispute.

But the criticism on here has gone far beyond that, with chat about "worst I've ever seen in a Hearts jersey," which is quite simply beyond absurd.

It’s the JKB way. But you’re bang on.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Recently - 

Martin

Osh

On the striker front - 

Big Dv

Who was the young West ham striker and we can't forget Ngoo. 

Can't forget the faceless cast once Vlad went full chicken dinner as well. 

9 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Utter shite but he was certainly not the worst. 

Guest ToqueJambo
15 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Shankland an interesting option. Would take him for sure, could do worse. And give our past struggles up front, we likely would do worse

Could not see Shankland linking with the other forwards the way Woodburn and Boyce have been doing when playing main striker. Shankland's top level scoring record is also very poor - just 14 top flight goals in 1.5 to 2 seasons? He's Jason Cummings #2 - can only score consistently at a lower level. We ideally need someone mobile who makes runs in behind like the Japanese player we were linked to IMO. Shankland did well in the championship because teams were set up to feed him. We have more of a fluid front line now. We'll probably sign him now!

2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Maybe that’s what I had in my head. My mistake troops.

A_A wehatethehibs
13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Utter shite but he was certainly not the worst. 

I mean his performance off the bench against Dundee tbf, that had to be seen to be believed. He was awful and that was the day i wrote him off. Think the big crowds must have got to him because he seemed to get considerably worse this season after looking reasonably comfortable last season. Something definitely seemed to go wrong in the summer, was he not late back for pre season or something? Don’t know what happened but clearly a breakdown 

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Great news, lets see how he does. Welcome to the club

Edited by TheBigO

3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I mean his performance off the bench against Dundee tbf, that had to be seen to be believed. He was awful and that was the day i wrote him off. Think the big crowds must have got to him because he seemed to get considerably worse this season after looking reasonably comfortable last season. Something definitely seemed to go wrong in the summer, was he not late back for pre season or something? Don’t know what happened but clearly a breakdown 

He was playing in the Championship last season but truly never looked convincing at that level either. He brought in as backup in the Championship, he was never an SPL level player. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Could be mental. Always reading about players we have on loan/new signings who’s wife’s/girlfriend/family are only coming to Edinburgh to visit but not staying due to COVID. That cannot be easy for anyone. I’ve heard on Hearts World at least 5 different players mention having no family around them constantly. That’s tough to handle month after month. Throw in all the rules about not being around teammates and you’re going to have young guys struggling.

Dennis Reynolds

Most players that don't quite cut it at Hearts are usually labelled the worst ever seen. Particularly strikers. The last five or six years have seen countless players worse than Gnanduillet. It's not worked out for him and I'm happy he's away though. We took a punt on a second choice target and it didn't work it. Need to make sure we rectify it.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic