** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I remember watching Sibbick playing on the right of a back 3 for Barnsley against Chelsea and he was solid. I also remember that game against Rangers where he was class in central midfield. We were all calling him predator because of the dreds and the fact he was forever winning the ball.

Signing him and Findlay would probably turn Cochrane into the utility, freeing up Halliday to do a Walker and go on loan until his contract is up.

Yep, would make sense. I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem filling in either of the fullback positions - he's athletic and good on the ball.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

I wouldn't be adverse to Henderson coming back as 3rd choice striker, as

long as he is played in the striker role and not stuck out wide. He's another option and has done well on loan. Deserves a few months with us to see what he can do. No harm in that. 

Niemi’s gloves
1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Who else has he played for then ? I thought you can play for 3 clubs max in 1 season Hearts and Motherwell he would be able to play for a third. 

I think this is discussed somewhere further back up the thread. The basic rule is only 2 clubs in a season but it was extended last season - for one year only - to 3 clubs in a season. At least that seemed to be the consensus. When I said “3 club rule” I meant “the rule that says you can’t play for three clubs in one season” 

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He showed some decent form with Motherwell last season. Maybe Robbie hadn’t made his mind up on keeping him. 

At least he and Damour are out of contract in the summer. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

You sure Damour is out of contract? I thought he had another year. 

What's the odds that when Gnanduillet finalises his move away he then takes a swipe at the quality of football in Scotland as the reason he failed miserably.

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

1 minute ago, Russ1977 said:

yep, transfermarkt has it as 2023, his loan ends summer 2022

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Ah bollocks 😂

Is he doing well at Le Mens?  If they offer ££ i'll drive him there.....forget it. 

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Is he doing well at Le Mens?  If they offer ££ i'll drive him there.....forget it. 

seems to be playing 90 mins most weeks.

3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

It's a 24 hour drive though, I'd give it a miss 

3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Hopefully well enough that they'll take him again next season. Same terms, whatever, just take him!! 

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'd take Findlay and Sibbick tbh.

Not Sibbick now for me. 

Haring, Beni and Devlin are better imo. 

Have McEneff as well

We'll need someone more in the attacking mould from midfield imo. 

I could be wrong but I thought part of the deal with damour / Le Mans was that hearts would pay him a year (most wages at least) and then would be freed at the end of the season… sure I read something like that 

5 minutes ago, tian447 said:

:laugh:

Edited by Gizmo

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Can’t remember either of them playing for us this season ?

Edit. Hendo was a last minute sub twice so he can’t go anywhere else it would seem, although lower league development loans might be excluded from the rule

Roberts hasn’t played at all for us so he can go anywhere.

Roberts played in league cup group stage. 

SomethingAboutObua

Damour's Hearts career is over (contractually) in summer because Hearts are able to release him with 1 year left. Don't know if it's because of the contract itself or just because we weren't willing to pay out 2 years of his huge contract so we loaned him to a part time team to cover some costs. Whether or not Le Mans want him in summer doesn't affect him being released. 

He will definitely be away in summer unless Neilson has a change of heart don't worry

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Ruined my day, that.

😂

Was milky_26 post that made me check. I was all ready to come on and say he was wrong but checked two different things. Was sure it was this summer but clearly not ☹️

22 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Yes. Summer 2022, thankfully.  

Naisys Tackle
14 minutes ago, tian447 said:

It's what I was hinting at but you nailed it :lol: 

29 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I think this is discussed somewhere further back up the thread. The basic rule is only 2 clubs in a season but it was extended last season - for one year only - to 3 clubs in a season. At least that seemed to be the consensus. When I said “3 club rule” I meant “the rule that says you can’t play for three clubs in one season” 

Ah I see. I always thought you could play for a max of 3 teams in 1 season. 

I’m sure years ago we had a few young players loaned out first part of the season they got recalled in Jan one or two played first team then loaned back out Aidan Keena comes to mind, I might be imagining it. 

15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not Sibbick now for me. 

Haring, Beni and Devlin are better imo. 

Have McEneff as well

We'll need someone more in the attacking mould from midfield imo. 

Sibbick was playing in a back 3 in Barnsley side that were flying last season

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Gary Locke said:

Sibbick was playing in a back 3 in Barnsley side that were flying last season

Cheers. 

Never really Seen him in a back 3 Tbh to make a judgement on that.

25 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

:lol: Damour hit the jackpot right enough.  He must have the best agent in fitba'.

Naw, that goes to Pogba , MU 😎😣

joondalupjambo
56 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Agreed. If he’d been playing centre back then could be a different story but we’re fine for full backs/wing backs now as well. No point signing Sibbick if those are still his positions. 

in saying that, he does have the energy and drive that RN looks for. 

I watched a Barnsley game on TV and he was playing in a back three on the right hand side.  He is a big unit but looked quick.  It was a while ago I saw that game though, just cannot think why I was watching it.  Might have been a cup game.

Just now, joondalupjambo said:

I watched a Barnsley game on TV and he was playing in a back three on the right hand side.  He is a big unit but looked quick.  It was a while ago I saw that game though, just cannot think why I was watching it.  Might have been a cup game.

Cheers, would certainly make more sense to sign him if he can play in a back 3. 

A_A wehatethehibs
21 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

I wouldn't be adverse to Henderson coming back as 3rd choice striker, as

long as he is played in the striker role and not stuck out wide. He's another option and has done well on loan. Deserves a few months with us to see what he can do. No harm in that. 

First off, I hope we sign someone miles better than League 1’s Euan Henderson.

And secondly if he’s 3rd choice here, that’s then back to square 1 before he went on loan, shite for his development as he won’t start games at CF (which is what he’s doing now) instead will be a utility guy probably filling in here or there whatever’s needed. We’re not starting him at CF in front of both Liam Boyce and the new quality CF we are hopefully signing. 

IMO he should be offered a 1 year extension here as a reward for his good form, then if he accepts that extension he will return to Alloa for the remainder of the season, come back pre season and have a go. But he may not accept that extension. He may feel, like some other peers of his, that Hearts first team quality levels are just too high for him to compete for a jersey, and he’s got to get out there and play at a lower level to develop himself into a premiership player. At a certain age of 21-22 it becomes imperative to be playing. That for me, is the most likely outcome. And good luck to him at a Falkirk type club who I think might pick him up on a pro deal as they have with the like of Morrison and Keena. Or maybe Queens Park with Lewis Moore. These kids aren’t Hearts standard of players at this moment in time but good luck to them in their careers, they’ve been given every chance of carving out pro careers which is a tough thing to do.

Shankland can only play for Dundee United, as he has played for two clubs this season, summer move could be on the cards. 

Rudden i reckon we could get him now tbh, really think Hearts should start applying the moneyball strategy, as it's the only way we can compete with the old firm, by securing player turnover sales. 

Unless Anderson or someone wants to put money into us. 

17 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

It'd have been the Chelsea cup game that I was watching.

If Haring is away this summer we could do worse than bring Toby Sibbick in as a replacement, obviously I hope Haring stays of course. Likewise with Findlay for Halkett. 

Just now, gregzy2k7 said:

If Haring is away this summer we could do worse than bring Toby Sibbick in as a replacement, obviously I hope Haring stays of course. Likewise with Findlay for Halkett. 

Sibbick wanted by a few teams, hope we make an offer, can play midfield, right back and most recently centre back. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic