• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

20 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Rangers is the worst option for him imo.  Lack of real ambition.

I was of this opinion too, and still think it shows a lack of ambition, but to me the key is a sell on clause. I am convinced that 1.5 seasons at any club including Rangers, and he will step up again. Look at Van Dyk, Robertson, Eduard, McGinn. All holding their won in the EPL, and he has the potential to be every bit as good.

If he won't sign with us, then let him leave with a sizeable sell on clause to Rangers.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Not overly thrilled at Halkett staying, depends who replaces Souter I guess. At times against Ross County and St Mirren it seemed like they could have as many chances they want and our defence was doing nothing to repel any attack.

You can't get better if you keep the same players.

We will definitely need a good replacement for Souttar and decent competition to keep Halkett on his toes and improving, which he has done this season. 

8 minutes ago, indianajones said:

It might make sense for him in many ways but i do agree with the other comments about benching him and working with his replacement instead if he is staying until the summer.

No interest in letting him develop further under Hearts if his future isnt with us. Lets us work on the future too.

Exactly. Is the move right for him? I don’t give a toss. It’s not right for us. There’s no way shape or form we as a club can be accused of not backing him as a player during his darkest periods of his career. We owe him absolutely nothing, and if anything have been more loyal to him than some clubs may have been. If he wants to go to Rangers and can justify that decision in his head then that’s all down to him. But we should be in no way providing Rangers with any more development of his abilities if that’s the case.

8 minutes ago, ericb said:

. Look at Van Dyk, Robertson, Eduard, McGinn. All holding their won in the EPL, and he has the potential to be every bit as good.

Ye reckon?

adambraejambo
14 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Not overly thrilled at Halkett staying, depends who replaces Souter I guess. At times against Ross County and St Mirren it seemed like they could have as many chances they want and our defence was doing nothing to repel any attack.

Whilst I not Halkett's biggest fan he was not on the pitch against County when they were looking dangerous . For me game changed when he went off injured. 

• davemclaren changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Halkett signs new deal ( updated )
PhoenixHearts
9 hours ago, Performance said:

Think you could add Craig Wighton to the top of that list. 

Do people actually understand what "worst Hearts striker ever" actually means or are you just pulling names out your arse? Wighton was shite but he scored goals. Far from worst.

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Depends what he defines as ambition I guess, at Rangers he will quadruple wages, stay in Scotland, stay in Scotland team. Play in Europe and win things.  He thrives on being in possession based teams too. ( all preventing injuries).

Blackburn, Sheffield utd etc. on paper aren't very appealing, lots of if's and but's. Salary will be matched but after that, who knows.

Yip. 

100%.

I always thought he'd go to Celtic. 

Potato / potatoe tho. 

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So, will the next news be another contract extension or a new signing…. 🇱🇻

Hopefully both😁

29 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

Whilst I not Halkett's biggest fan he was not on the pitch against County when they were looking dangerous . For me game changed when he went off injured. 

Agreed, we are a better team with Halkett on the pitch. He was missing at Motherwell too and we struggled.

Delighted that he is staying.

52 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

In defence of the defence, would argue that the reason for the volume of chances for teams like St. Mirren was due to the lack of support in front of the defence. The 3 CBs with two defensive wing backs means we often end in a 5-2-3 when defending.  Means we're more solid in terms of defending the goal line but susceptible to longer range efforts, opposition taking ball to the edge of our box.

Halkett, is solid CB that would be hard to replace if we let him go.

20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

My guess is tomorrow will be announcement of a departure (or departures) then Thursday or Friday for an extension announcement (likely Kingsley). If a contract extension is announced Friday then I wouldn’t expect anything signing wise until next week. Might even be Smith extension on Thursday (wouldn’t do that myself) and Kingsley on Friday.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

In defence of the defence, would argue that the reason for the volume of chances for teams like St. Mirren was due to the lack of support in front of the defence. The 3 CBs with two defensive wing backs means we often end in a 5-2-3 when defending.  Means we're more solid in terms of defending the goal line but susceptible to longer range efforts, opposition taking ball to the edge of our box.

Good point, thinking about it.

But what’s the answer -one wing back moving in as another DM when out of possession?

11 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

We need a striker, Savage has to get his finger oot in that department.. Hopefully he is doing that now.

You should email him, he might not realise.

13 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

We need a striker, Savage has to get his finger oot in that department.. Hopefully he is doing that now.

I don’t doubt for a second we’ll get one. The amount of good work we done in the summer gives me confidence. 

29 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Pretty certain it will be Kingsley extending and possibly Haring or Smith 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t doubt for a second we’ll get one. The amount of good work we done in the summer gives me confidence. 

I think we're obviously after two. Ogashiwa isn't really a CF, I'd imagine he'd play on the right of a front 3. So we must be after a CF as well. 

My guess is you don't say there will hopefully be more good news soon unless you already know there definitely will be!

Walker and Gnandumpling leaving suggest we have at least one forward lined up and hopefully over the line.

Might also take a punt on Moore or Cochrane being signed up on a permanent deal and Kingsley extended. 

Over to you Joe!!!

Wasn't overly impressed when he joined us but he's more than proved me wrong,  seems to have gotten fitter and always gives 100% .Glad he's staying. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

I think we're obviously after two. Ogashiwa isn't really a CF, I'd imagine he'd play on the right of a front 3. So we must be after a CF as well. 

Hope so. We have just lost Walker, will almost definitely lose Gnando so 2 would just be an upgrade in quality rather than numbers. RN said he prefers a smaller squad but to not replace players leaving would be pushing it imo. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
29 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

This. 🤪 Just kidding. It’s Jan 11.

Always get a laugh from the standard " savage needs to get his finger out" comments (replace savage with another name depending on season), as if he's been sat about wondering what to do 😄😄

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hope so. We have just lost Walker, will almost definitely lose Gnando so 2 would just be an upgrade in quality rather than numbers. RN said he prefers a smaller squad but to not replace players leaving would be pushing it imo. 

To cement 3rd and not get complacent we need to replace them, no question.  He can’t rely on Mackay and GMS to suddenly find goal scoring form consistently, the former hasn’t even scored yet.  Boyce is the only natural forward option , the rest like Ginnelly are stop gap.

This is the time to ramp up the hunger and desire to get the job done. Not to think we are toddling along in control of the situation. 

Edited by Debut 4

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

To cement 3rd and not get complacent we need to replace them, no question.  He can’t rely on Mackay and GMS to suddenly find goal scoring form consistently, the former hasn’t even scored yet.  Boyce is the only natural forward option , the rest like Ginnelly are stop gap.

This is the time to ramp up the hunger and desire to get the job done. Not to think we are toddling along in control of the situation. 

Agree. Attitude will be huge in the next half of the season. Fresh blood should keep everyone on their toes, especially with so many out of contract in the summer. 

25 minutes ago, ramrod said:

All three would be great 👍🏻

Hackney Hearts
27 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Anyone who scores over 50 goals for Heart of Midlothian is all right by me.*

(a lot of them real beauties, too)

All the best, Jamie.   👍

* 54 - which puts him 34th in our all-time scoring chart, apparently. 

Edited by Hackney Hearts

28 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Not sure we need to extend Smith’s. I think it extends automatically if he reaches a set amount of games. 

38 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

My guess is tomorrow will be announcement of a departure (or departures) then Thursday or Friday for an extension announcement (likely Kingsley). If a contract extension is announced Friday then I wouldn’t expect anything signing wise until next week. Might even be Smith extension on Thursday (wouldn’t do that myself) and Kingsley on Friday.

Walker departure. 

I think Souttar announced this week ( Burnley immediately, 500k) Kingsley ext and Japanese CF before Tuesdays match

38 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We'll defo sign two imo. I think we wanted a GK as well but with Stone coming back maybe that's changed.

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip. 

100%.

I always thought he'd go to Celtic. 

Potato / potatoe tho. 

The irony being of course is that if he was snubbed from Scotland and played for OZ like his wee Brother he probably would be a Celtic player this window.

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

I think Souttar announced this week ( Burnley immediately, 500k) Kingsley ext and Japanese CF before Tuesdays match

Burnley? Didn’t know they were in the running? 

Kingsley extending would be delightful. A new CF or two is absolutely crucial. Savage and Co ken their onions though 😎

The one League 2 match I’m missing this and I won’t get to see Walker playing for Bradford. 

I’ll get my mates to give me the lowdown. 

1 minute ago, MattyK82 said:

Burnley? Didn’t know they were in the running? 

Kingsley extending would be delightful. A new CF or two is absolutely crucial. Savage and Co ken their onions though 😎

Oops, Blackburn, was talking to the wife (she's a Burnley fan) so I guess that stuck in my old brain.

Just now, TypoonJambo said:

Oops, Blackburn, was talking to the wife (she's a Burnley fan) so I guess that stuck in my old brain.

😂 Easy done! 

Honestly no idea what Soapy will do. But one way or the other, he needs to decide - this has been dragging on a bit now. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

The irony being of course is that if he was snubbed from Scotland and played for OZ like his wee Brother he probably would be a Celtic player this window.

:bravo:

http://www.jfa.jp/eng/samuraiblue/news/00028820/

Japan have cancelled their Kirin Cup match (Tsuyoshi Ogashiwa had been called up to Japan squad for the game).

Good news for us if we still have a chance of signing him in January.  As I imagine we would have had to wait until after this match before he could travel to Scotland.

Exile fae Main Street
8 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

http://www.jfa.jp/eng/samuraiblue/news/00028820/

Japan have cancelled their Kirin Cup match (Tsuyoshi Ogashiwa had been called up to Japan squad for the game).

Good news for us if we still have a chance of signing him in January.  As I imagine we would have had to wait until after this match before he could travel to Scotland.

Has he been called up? .....Japan have 2 WC Qualifiers in late Jan early Feb.........

2 minutes ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Has he been called up? .....Japan have 2 WC Qualifiers in late Jan early Feb.........

he had been called up, but it looks like it was just japan based players. Ogashiwa has not made his japan debut yet

7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I miss the days of Inside Rights. 

I couldn't agree more Dave.

Football really is a simpl game.

Remember 2 'backies',  3 'halfbacks', and 5 forwards ?

Ahh.. happy days.

Guess I'm just an old Dinosaur.🤔

51 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I was expecting Burnley to be in the running in all honesty, my mate is a huge Burnley fan and said they're actually after a CB this window

Tom Hardy’s Dug
58 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

😂 Easy done! 

Honestly no idea what Soapy will do. But one way or the other, he needs to decide - this has been dragging on a bit now. 

Well it depends. My missus is Celtic and I’d never make that mistake

(again 😬🤫)

bobby bombscare
1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

I think people are getting upset at how many shots on goal teams get but I think it’s one of the things that comes with the way we play. 

if you look at the goal difference on the table, you have the OF on about 30 goals. We’re then on 11 goals and the next closest to us is 2 goals (Hibs) the rest the table are on negative goal difference. 

To have that goal difference I think we must be very attacking compared to other teams and as a result, we’re going to be more open/stretched at the back. So considering that in those setups, defenders kinda get the rough end of the deal!

IMO the defence has been good this season but thankfully we’re going for outscoring the opposition rather than parking 8 at the back and hoping to sneak a goal on the break. so they are always at more risk of conceding.  

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic