** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

5 minutes ago, Wilson said:

What surprises me is , given the state of their defence is that Celtic aren’t in for Soapy. He’s better than any of their defenders IMHO.

I would not rule them out - especially if it means pulling a fast one on Sevco. 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Am I the only one that doesn’t understand some posters rush to move Kingsley back to LWB?

Yes he would be good there but I feel he’s excelled as a LCB , his reading of the game has been brilliant, he’s made a good few last ditch blocks to save us .

Cochrane is one who we’d be lucky to keep next season, he has got better in an attacking sense as the season has went on and is solid defensively. 

Cochrane and Kingsley complement each other well for me and I’d be in no rush to change that , even if Souttar leaves/is frozen out now surely Robbie wouldn’t abandon his largely successful system which has got us clear in 3rd and go back to a back 4?

8 minutes ago, Wilson said:

What surprises me is , given the state of their defence is that Celtic aren’t in for Soapy. He’s better than any of their defenders IMHO.

They've got julien to come back so unless they offload they won't need one 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Hopefully. 500k or something like that would be a good deal considering its £0 in the summer.

Just a bit of an annoying situation as we really should be getting 2mil+ when you consider what players like Scott McKenna went for. 

Anyway - on to the next one. Confident we can find a decent replacement!

Yeah. 

I'd take £500k and a sneaky % of next fee and as you say move on. 

Not good, but not a insignificant amount. 

2 minutes ago, hmfcdaz01 said:

Am I the only one that doesn’t understand some posters rush to move Kingsley back to LWB?

Yes he would be good there but I feel he’s excelled as a LCB , his reading of the game has been brilliant, he’s made a good few last ditch blocks to save us .

Cochrane is one who we’d be lucky to keep next season, he has got better in an attacking sense as the season has went on and is solid defensively. 

Cochrane and Kingsley complement each other well for me and I’d be in no rush to change that , even if Souttar leaves/is frozen out now surely Robbie wouldn’t abandon his largely successful system which has got us clear in 3rd and go back to a back 4?

Agreed with all of that, but I think the chat simply came from the speculation of Findlay, another left sided CB.

I think Kingsley has been superb and certainly not looking for him to be moved.

One thing I'd say and it's a bit unfair, is that if anything a new LWB would be something i'd be looking at.  Cochrane is great but I wonder if he's a bit of an LB not a LWB.  No big issue, the lads brill, and if Natty is a stormer on the other side, maybe Cochrane and Kingsley on the left being a bit more steady and technical isn't the worst.  Cochrane has shown he can assist and finish, so as I say, but unfair.

Naisys Tackle
7 minutes ago, bazman said:

They've got julien to come back so unless they offload they won't need one 

Juliens injury prone, Starvelts a bombscare and Soapy is every bit as good is the US loan guy. 

fabienleclerq
9 minutes ago, hmfcdaz01 said:

Not the only one. 

Our formation requires ball playing CH and Kingsley is good at it. I really like cochrane aswell. 

A_A wehatethehibs
15 minutes ago, Wilson said:

You mean, they’ve not been publicly outed as being interested by Jackie McNamara.

Remember Scott Allan. Celtic didn’t even want him but signed him just to piss Rangers off. Every chance they do that again with Souttar and just want to leave it to deadline day to make it a total GIRUY to Rangers. 

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Blackburn shelling out £800k for Hedges. 

Not a chance!!!

They bid under £500k for him in the Summer and now he is into his final 6 months,be lucky if they have offered £50k for him.

15 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Blackburn shelling out £800k for Hedges. 

Looks a real prospect,could turn out to be a steal.

24 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Agreed with all of that, but I think the chat simply came from the speculation of Findlay, another left sided CB.

I think Kingsley has been superb and certainly not looking for him to be moved.

One thing I'd say and it's a bit unfair, is that if anything a new LWB would be something i'd be looking at.  Cochrane is great but I wonder if he's a bit of an LB not a LWB.  No big issue, the lads brill, and if Natty is a stormer on the other side, maybe Cochrane and Kingsley on the left being a bit more steady and technical isn't the worst.  Cochrane has shown he can assist and finish, so as I say, but unfair.

Cochrane is also a loan player so we need to think beyond this season.

Naisys Tackle
12 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Not a chance!!!

They bid under £500k for him in the Summer and now he is into his final 6 months,be lucky if they have offered £50k for him.

True.  

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

You mean, they’ve not been publicly outed as being interested by Jackie McNamara.

Remember Scott Allan. Celtic didn’t even want him but signed him just to piss Rangers off. Every chance they do that again with Souttar and just want to leave it to deadline day to make it a total GIRUY to Rangers. 

Not quite just to piss them off. 
They had a good arrangement with Hibs at the time, lots of loans. Stubbs asked them to buy Allan, they would use the money for McGinn who Celtic would have first dibs on if he was good enough. 
Lennon then groomed him for Celtic, being extremely harsh on him etc. Hibs then sold McGinn to Villa, Lawell quoted as saying “**** Hibs we’ve been far too good to them” and they’ve not had a loan off their parent coy. since, until Lawell is away and another ex Celt is in charge at ER. 

6 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Looking like Bradford - to be confirmed in next few days

Must have someone, maybe two, three coming in because with Walker and Gnando leaving we are really short up front. 

We must be confident of getting players in if we are allowing Walker to leave on loan.

Sad to see his Hearts career end like this.

Vlad the impaler

Walker can feel aggrieved  that he wasn’t given a proper chance under Robbie for whatever reason,im sure he’ll do well at Bradfords level! Glad he isn’t going to be in opposition to us

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not quite just to piss them off. 
They had a good arrangement with Hibs at the time, lots of loans. Stubbs asked them to buy Allan, they would use the money for McGinn who Celtic would have first dibs on if he was good enough. 
Lennon then groomed him for Celtic, being extremely harsh on him etc. Hibs then sold McGinn to Villa, Lawell quoted as saying “**** Hibs we’ve been far too good to them” and they’ve not had a loan off their parent coy. since, until Lawell is away and another ex Celt is in charge at ER. 

All well and good but I just remember that whole summer, it was all about Rangers interest, Rangers in for Allan, Rangers bid X for Allan, Rangers close to getting Allan etc etc… then Celtic bought him and he hardly played a game ever again

Wouldnt surprise me 1 bit if Celtic have already agreed terms with McNamara, might even be happy to meet Hearts price, but it’s just kept quiet to maximise the GIRUY effect towards Rangers fans 

SomethingAboutObua
38 minutes ago, hmfcdaz01 said:

Agree, has Kingsley even played wing back for us except when we drop to a near flat back 5? 

Think the loudest frequent posters on here are making it look like fans want Kingsley as our rock at centre back or as an Andy Robertson LWB, when most of us agree He's (a very good) LCB of a back 3 or LB of a flat back 4 

1 minute ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Walker can feel aggrieved  that he wasn’t given a proper chance under Robbie for whatever reason,im sure he’ll do well at Bradfords level! Glad he isn’t going to be in opposition to us

M sentiments also

Pasquale for King
Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

All well and good but I just remember that whole summer, it was all about Rangers interest, Rangers in for Allan, Rangers bid X for Allan, Rangers close to getting Allan etc etc… then Celtic bought him and he hardly played a game ever again

Wouldnt surprise me 1 bit if Celtic have already agreed terms with McNamara, might even be happy to meet Hearts price, but it’s just kept quiet to maximise the GIRUY effect towards Rangers fans 

Yeah it wouldn’t be a surprise at all. 
He’s not that exciting though for the unwashed hordes as he’s not from some far flung regressive backwater, he’s from Aberdeen 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😜?!?! 

2 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Agree, has Kingsley even played wing back for us except when we drop to a near flat back 5?

Think the loudest frequent posters on here are making it look like fans want Kingsley as our rock at centre back or as an Andy Robertson LWB, when most of us agree He's (a very good) LCB of a back 3 or LB of a flat back 4 

Kingsley is by far our best LWB, but also by far our best LCH and LB... in summary he is just a bloody good footballer and probably the most under-rated player in our squad.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

He started lots of games unde Bob, unfortunately for him the games he started he wasn't very good. 

A_A wehatethehibs

He was given a massive chance 

Neilson started Jamie in a cup final.

He was awful in the final,Ginelly subbed on for Jamie and turned the tide in Hearts favour. 

From that game onwards, Jamie was always on the way out, along with Wighton and Lee etc 

3 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

He didn’t exactly set the heather alight last time he was down south, so I have my doubts he’ll do the same again. Also, not sure Neilson is the one to be given the blame for Walker not getting a chance, he had plenty of chances and too little came up with the goods. A player is there, but not enough. And that’s down to him at the end of the day.

13 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Best of luck to Jamie. Robbie never signed him. He owes him nothing and Jamie shouldn't feel aggrieved at all.

Edited by GinRummy

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He didn’t exactly set the heather alight last time he was down south, so I have my doubts he’ll do the same again. Also, not sure Neilson is the one to be given the blame for Walker not getting a chance, he had plenty of chances and too little came up with the goods. A player is there, but not enough. And that’s down to him at the end of the day.

Agreed, his best service to the team came from off the bench. Whenever he started a game, just didn't seem to click 🤷‍♂️ Good luck to the guy - over 50 goals for the famous, just wish it had worked out better for him... for whatever reason.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Kingsley is by far our best LWB, but also by far our best LCH and LB... in summary he is just a bloody good footballer and probably the most under-rated player in our squad.

100%

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Exactly this.

Best of luck to Jamie, done ok since he came back especially as an impact sub but blows hot & cold far too often to be a star man any more & never seems to enjoy big games. Can’t begrudge him going in search of game time, he wouldn’t get it here as we’ve better players in his position. Need some cover at striker as a priority now.

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

So chuffed we've now got our hands on a 'proper' LWB. Looks to be quite direct also - really  looking forward to watching him. I'd say he could be our missing puzzle piece, but we still need a consistent goal scorer. Good vid👍

11 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Bang on. Tell you what, out them all I will be proper gutted if we dont secure his services for next season.

Vlad the impaler

IMO he was given limited opportunities this season and wasn’t forgiving his not so good ones as much as others ie- GMS! In both spells I think

Robbie has had his favourites,this time around it wasn’t Walker

28 minutes ago, HMFC_France said:

🐮

Best of luck to Jamie Walker at Bradford or wherever he's off to.   I Hope he gets gametime for his new club. 

Let the signings commence!  Start with a wee striker, please.    

Edited by HMFC01

Italian Lambretta
10 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

So chuffed we've now got our hands on a 'proper' LWB. Looks to be quite direct also - really  looking forward to watching him. I'd say he could be our missing puzzle piece, but we still need a consistent goal scorer. Good vid👍

Cammy Devlin will be waiting at the door to give him a big Aussie hug.😀

loveofthegame
42 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Looks a real prospect,could turn out to be a steal.

26 so not sure i'd describe him as a prospect, but agree he is a talented player. It should therefore weaken Aberdeen, which can only be a good thing.

27 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Must have someone, maybe two, three coming in because with Walker and Gnando leaving we are really short up front. 

29 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

We must be confident of getting players in if we are allowing Walker to leave on loan.

Sad to see his Hearts career end like this.

Agree with you both.    Lets hope its a minimum of  2 strikers with the same hunger &  attitude as Cammy.

Bradford though, eh ?  Bit of a come down for a talented player like Jamie.   Weren't St Johnstone supposed to be interested ?

A_A wehatethehibs

IMO he was given limited opportunities this season and wasn’t forgiving his not so good ones as much as others ie- GMS! In both spells I think

Robbie has had his favourites,this time around it wasn’t Walker

The fact is he should have looked to leave in the summer with the number of arrivals in his position it was pretty obvious the coaches had plans which he just doesn’t fit into on a technical level.

Re GMS, he has been in and out the team and marmite as a player but take a look at the league table. There’s no player down the pecking order can say they “deserve” more chances when the team is sat in 3rd place. Also Jamie is not left footed. It’s woodburn and Barrie McKay who Jamie is more

closer to as a player. Gary is the only left footed attacker / midfielder we have got in the squad (folk often like to just ignore or forget the significance of that) 

Good luck to Jamie at Bradford, we know he is capable of a classic goal, hope he has the fitness to compete, league 2 may be just the place for him and a big club as well.

jamboinglasgow

Best option, he was unlucky that after 1 bad game, Sneddon went on to have a great team keeping him on the bench. Hopefully he gets a new loan at a good level where he plays reguarly and comes back stronger from this

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic