** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

You mean, they’ve not been publicly outed as being interested by Jackie McNamara.

Remember Scott Allan. Celtic didn’t even want him but signed him just to piss Rangers off. Every chance they do that again with Souttar and just want to leave it to deadline day to make it a total GIRUY to Rangers. 

Fair point.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Vlad the impaler
15 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The fact is he should have looked to leave in the summer with the number of arrivals in his position it was pretty obvious the coaches had plans which he just doesn’t fit into on a technical level.

Re GMS, he has been in and out the team and marmite as a player but take a look at the league table. There’s no player down the pecking order can say they “deserve” more chances when the team is sat in 3rd place. Also Jamie is not left footed. It’s woodburn and Barrie McKay who Jamie is more

closer to as a player. Gary is the only left footed attacker / midfielder we have got in the squad (folk often like to just ignore or forget the significance of that) 

Good luck to Jamie at Bradford, we know he is capable of a classic goal, hope he has the fitness to compete, league 2 may be just the place for him and a big club as well.

It’s not Gms being left footed isn’t significant,it’s the fact he’s had bad game after bad game but still gets opportunities! McKay although playing well has less goals than Walker and played way more. I just think it won’t be long before fans are back on here pining for Walker if we’re needing a game changer,time will tell

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Best option, he was unlucky that after 1 bad game, Sneddon went on to have a great team keeping him on the bench. Hopefully he gets a new loan at a good level where he plays reguarly and comes back stronger from this

interested to see where he goes… maybe Dunfy? Imagine yogi is looking to ring the changes there, but not much budget. Doesn’t sound like Fon Williams is making many saves atm judging by their last result.

1 hour ago, hmfcdaz01 said:

Am I the only one that doesn’t understand some posters rush to move Kingsley back to LWB?

Yes he would be good there but I feel he’s excelled as a LCB , his reading of the game has been brilliant, he’s made a good few last ditch blocks to save us .

Cochrane is one who we’d be lucky to keep next season, he has got better in an attacking sense as the season has went on and is solid defensively. 

Cochrane and Kingsley complement each other well for me and I’d be in no rush to change that , even if Souttar leaves/is frozen out now surely Robbie wouldn’t abandon his largely successful system which has got us clear in 3rd and go back to a back 4?

I'm with you. I think LCB is perfect for Kingsley. 

Not sure he's quick enough to play left wing back. I know he does like a run up the park but i think for LWB you need to be that bit more explosive/mobile.

1 hour ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Walker can feel aggrieved  that he wasn’t given a proper chance under Robbie for whatever reason,im sure he’ll do well at Bradfords level! Glad he isn’t going to be in opposition to us

I think he has had plenty chances. Don't forget Robbie also started him in a cup final and he was abysmal and posted missing. He had plenty of game time under Robbie and although he can produce an impact off the bench we surely need more than that from him. I liked him but I think we can do better. 

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

interested to see where he goes… maybe Dunfy? Imagine yogi is looking to ring the changes there, but not much budget. Doesn’t sound like Fon Williams is making many saves atm judging by their last result.

Could work, but I imagine while they are struggling and shipping lots of goals Dunfermline may be reluctant to have an inexperienced goalkeeper behind a shaky defence.

16 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

It’s not Gms being left footed isn’t significant,it’s the fact he’s had bad game after bad game but still gets opportunities! McKay although playing well has less goals than Walker and played way more. I just think it won’t be long before fans are back on here pining for Walker if we’re needing a game changer,time will tell

Didn’t want him back in the first place so I won’t be one of those if it does happen.

4 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I think he has had plenty chances. Don't forget Robbie also started him in a cup final and he was abysmal and posted missing. He had plenty of game time under Robbie and although he can produce an impact off the bench we surely need more than that from him. I liked him but I think we can do better. 

100%. 

He's had more than his fair share of chances and hasn't done enough to get in ahead of anyone else who plays in the same position. Will be an expensive wage too so there's definitely better value out there. 

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Looking like Bradford - to be confirmed in next few days

It is confirmed. Just been told.  On his way down, starts training tomorrow.  

Exile fae Main Street

Shame about Jamie, but it has to be said, he was posted missing in too many games.

Good luck to him.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

It is confirmed. Just been told.  On his way down, starts training tomorrow.  

Loan? Full transfer?

best in the land

Disappointed to hear walker leaving, think he should have had more time especially since we've struggled to score, jamie probably the most natural goal scorer we have. 

A mistake by Neilson imo. 

Better than a few players that got much more game time. 

Niemi’s gloves
5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Sad news about Jamie as has shown his quality at times this season. Hope we have a decent replacement 

Indeed. Negative scenario, however, Jordan Roberts is back at Tynecastle if you believe transfermarket and we can’t punt him out anywhere due to the three clubs in a season rule (he played for 20 minutes for us against Peterhead in the league cup). 

TBH  I haven’t seen anything on either Motherwell or Hearts Twitter about what is happening with JR. 

Just now, Niemi’s gloves said:

Indeed. Negative scenario, however, Jordan Roberts is back at Tynecastle if you believe transfermarket and we can’t punt him out anywhere due to the three clubs in a season rule (he played for 20 minutes for us against Peterhead in the league cup). 

TBH  I haven’t seen anything on either Motherwell or Hearts Twitter about what is happening with JR. 

I doubt Roberts will get a game, if he is back. 

I’ve no doubt Walker will get better and better in the views of some Hearts fans now he has left.

I’m delighted he got his goal at Dens in front of the Hearts support but he was nothing more than an impact sub anymore and don’t think he’e be on low wages.

When Nando joins him down south just 4 of the starting 11 at Brora Rangers remain, tells a story.

If it’s a loan I’m curious as to how much of his wages Bradford would be paying. If it’s all then we’re saving a fair chunk. 50% and then it’s an okay saving but not budget changing or anything.

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Swear it was a full season loan? 

7 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

he hasn’t been involved at al for Motherwell recently

8 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

I’ve no doubt Walker will get better and better in the views of some Hearts fans now he has left.

I’m delighted he got his goal at Dens in front of the Hearts support but he was nothing more than an impact sub anymore and don’t think he’e be on low wages.

When Nando joins him down south just 4 of the starting 11 at Brora Rangers remain, tells a story.

:spoton:

Niemi’s gloves
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

he hasn’t been involved at al for Motherwell recently

He has, sort of: 89th minute sub in their last last three games. But a no brainier for Motherwell to punt Jordan Roberts back to us if they are trying to create space in their squad for new signings 

13 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Disappointed to hear walker leaving, think he should have had more time especially since we've struggled to score, jamie probably the most natural goal scorer we have. 

A mistake by Neilson imo. 

Better than a few players that got much more game time. 

As much as I liked his brief appearances the inescapable conclusion is that he rarely started games because he didn't have 90 minutes of hard graft in him, which is a pity given his natural talent.

6 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Yup.

Clark Griswold

NattyAkka confirmed by Hearts twitter.

Welcome officially Natty!

Edited by Clark Griswold

This is kinda like Ginnelly signing in the summer. It’s nice to see, but difficult to get excited when it was known to all he’d be signing. But still, will never turn my nose up at a scarf above the head…

All of the best wishes to Walker, and thanks for his service, particularly through the abysmal administration year and two seasons in the Championship. It's not worked out this time but he's Hearts through and through and should always be welcome back at Tynecastle.

The goal at Dens was a fitting farewell.

On the CB issue: I wouldn't overlook how much Neilson likes Smith and trusts him. Even if he's not a terribly dynamic player, he is rock steady and helps calm the defence whenever he's on the pitch. He's no replacement for Soapy but with Atkinson hopefully a substantial upgrade a RWB, having Atkinson playing outside Smith could be at least parity with Smith playing outside Souttar.

On Findlay: While the MLS is a shit league with huge salary imbalances on the same team, the Union was (strikeout: probably the best team) one of the best teams in MLS this season. Because the US loves a playoff to decide the championship, they lost in a freaky game to NYC in the semis so didn't win the title but being a bench player on the Union this season was no shame.

EDIT: (Sorry I only pay scant attention to MLS and I mixed this year up with last when they won the Supporters Shield, which in any normal football league would be the league title)

Edited by Led Tasso

Walker will be no loss. Another one who improves the longer he is out the team. Don't forget him dropping his knickers the minute Rangers were sniffing about and getting himself deliberately sent off against Aberdeen before he left for Wigan. 

15 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

Got a feeling this guy is going to be tremendous. Aussies are very infectious characters with a great work ethic. Striker next, and we can all look forward to the rest of the season.

Fire_At_The_Disco
1 minute ago, gorgieheart said:

Gnando to Tranmere   ? 

A fee 😀 ten Bob and a packet of cheese n onion☹️

2 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Walker will be no loss. Another one who improves the longer he is out the team. Don't forget him dropping his knickers the minute Rangers were sniffing about and getting himself deliberately sent off against Aberdeen before he left for Wigan. 

Don’t hold anything against him. If he had played better he’d still be here. He didn’t. 

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Gnando to Tranmere   ? 

yaas the fee is agreed, what are we paying them? 

Niemi’s gloves
4 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the discussion is about whether we pay part of his wages for the rest of the season.

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

Italian Lambretta
3 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Shouldn't knock it, its still a fee🤣

Good luck to Jamie; goodbye to Gnandulliet.

Both impact subs in recent times but at least the former actually made some. Gnandulliet just floated about aimlessly. 

Any fee will make the latter's departure a good piece of business.

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Shouldn't knock it, its still a fee🤣

Getting a fee for Gnanduillet, if true, is the most impressive piece of transfer business the club has done since either selling Craig Gordon for £9m or signing Craig Gordon on a free 15 years later IMO

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic