• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Absolute Scenes
9 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Doubtful.  Half the time, the media gets their information from people posting on here :lol:

I've always been tempted to spend time putting together some fairly convincing photoshopped photos of someone at training, or in Edinburgh, with a scoop that they've arrived at Tynecastle to meet the manager, posting a thread on here with a name and then seeing how long it takes before the Evening News run it as a story. :lol:

Then I remember this happened:

donsprank.jpg

that was the greatest thing Aberdeen had achieved since their "glory days" 🤣
Absolute worldie banter levels

17 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

FTFY :pleased:

You missed out the Gorgie Fish Bar

PhoenixHearts
2 hours ago, alanbauld said:

Needs a haircut, shouldn't be allowed near Hearts until he sorts this out.

What's wrong with his hair? 🤔

34 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

He will get off at Haymarket 😂

True!! Unless the Liverpool train doesn't stop at Haymarket! 

One at each station just to be safe then eh?? 😂

32 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Umm 5 were against a part time team mate 

I wouldn’t be concerned if we were playing bottom of the league or Junior teams every week. 

13 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

I forgot that those don't count. :rolleyes:

We don't have many strikers, but there's no "attacking void" given how much time everyone other than Gordon, Halkett, and Kingsley spend in and around the opposition box.  

I sometimes wonder if a lot of fans even watch us play.

19 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

In press this morning, Lyle Taylor apparently has a loan move almost sorted away from Nottingham Forest

No mention of where.

A possibility for 6 months????

Would offer us something different to Boyce and knows the league

Would indeed. A great signing. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Seems like a good fit for us. Interesting some people want something different to Boyce, not really, we have a way of playing and we want doppelgangers if anything, this looks a good choice. Hopefully get something more permanent in the summer

34 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

OK so 5 in 3 vs Premiership teams, still not bad

Not bad but one of those goal scorers (Walker) is no longer with us. Woodburn doesn’t seem to be playing just now either 

If he's half decent, surely he should be getting a sniff at their first team looking at the state they're in, trying to stave off a relegation fight.

Then again, Beni was out of the picture down there and is a class act, so maybe worth a short term loan till the seasons end.

Then score the winner tonight followed by down at Easter Road thank you very much.

Absolute Scenes
48 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Can't wrap my head around people complaining about loan signings. We've identified the strikers we want, that fit into our style of play. If our primary targets turn us down for whatever reason, would you prefer getting someone in who we have no obligation to keep paying potentially with the option of keeping or some absolute dross on a 2,3 year contract?

Our goal is to qualify for Europe in third not to sign players for the sake of it.

Sorry this is far too sensible and have to disagree

AH WUNT SYNINS

2 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

I’ll call it.

We’re signing shankland in the summer hence the loan deals.

I’m thinking that we are signing the Japanese boy in the summer and getting

loans until then 

5 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

I’ll call it.

I think we probably are as well. Not that I really want him that badly but he'd do a job as backup to Boyce I think. 

Edited by Batistuta87

33 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

In press this morning, Lyle Taylor apparently has a loan move almost sorted away from Nottingham Forest

No mention of where.

A possibility for 6 months????

Would offer us something different to Boyce and knows the league

Taylor is going to Sheffield Wednesday .

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I think we probably are as well. Not that I really want him that badly but he'd do a job as backup to Boyce I think. 

you never know. With better players and a better system that might have been what was missing at United for him. 

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Umm 5 were against a part time team mate 

Any goals are better than no goals. 

Goals against shite are goals. 

Just like a shite striker is still a striker.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

So, we’re all expecting a 12pm scarf above the head announcement and Hearts website article mentioning he’s eligible to play tonight and he comes off the bench to score the winner in the last minute and runs to the Celtic support to tell them to get out a la Rudi to the Hibs fans, right?

…or am I getting ahead of myself?

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I’m thinking that we are signing the Japanese boy in the summer and getting

loans until then 

17 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

I’ll call it.

I think both are correct. 

Both, especially the Japanese lad are waiting to see if we are in Europe and guaranteed the group stages before joining. 

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So, we’re all expecting a 12pm scarf above the head announcement and Hearts website article mentioning he’s eligible to play tonight and he comes off the bench to score the winner in the last minute and runs to the Celtic support to tell them to get out a la Rudi to the Hibs fans, right?

Sadly I think it will be a few days before he signs. I am thinking he will be announced on Friday

11 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not bad but one of those goal scorers (Walker) is no longer with us. Woodburn doesn’t seem to be playing just now either 

Come on mate I know your whole shtick on here is downplaying the fact that we’re in a good place right now but surely even you need to admit that if you have to set conditions for which teams we scored against count & what players goals count then you’re clutching at straws to prove the existence of an “attacking void”. We were also missing our top scorer in all 3 of those games

9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Sadly I think it will be a few days before he signs. I am thinking he will be announced on Friday

Held off until deadline day so we can have a wee mention on Sky Sports after they talk extensively about Rangers and Celtic not doing anything…

mickycameron98

Would rather have a proven goalscorer coming in but they have obviously identified something in the boy, so I'll wait before I pass judgement.

17 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

All that but it’s the Beattie he does over to the Celtic end before telling them where to go. 

42 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Proper little ray of sunshine today, aren't you.

Never mind, i'm sure you will have some fan behaviour to complain about after tonight.

1 minute ago, the general said:

Banderson will keep on getting the odd exclusive from the club

Would be silly not to

What about the no leaks policy??

5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

If the deal is already agreed then it’s not a leak that will stop a transfer is it? Always best to keep the local reporter sweet 

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

You leak when a deal is effectively done, that way you keep a journalist on side every so often. 

8 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

All in the timing dear chap, all in the timing.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

You leak when a deal is effectively done, that way you keep a journalist on side every so often. 

Why would the club need to keep Banderson "onside"?

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Why would the club need to keep Banderson "onside"?

Every club has a journalist they give the first scoop on 

27 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Playing style: football emoji

Well of ****ing course, thanks Football Scotland :lol: 

56 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

I’ll call it.

Where is the Shankland chat coming from?

He's only just signed a 3 year contract at Beerschot, and the transfer fee was reported to be around £1 Million.  He seems to be getting games for them, so surely they would want the same sort of reimbursement.

I would hope that if we're going to spend that kind of money and break the club transfer record, it's for someone better than him.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Woodburn started the last game he was available for, he’s had covid recently, I know Hamilton is a bit backward but they’ve heard of that there surely?

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

He's only just signed a 3 year contract at Beerschot, and the transfer fee was reported to be around £1 Million.  He seems to be getting games for them, so surely they would want the same sort of reimbursement.

I would hope that if we're going to spend that kind of money and break the club transfer record, it's for someone better than him.

Yeah, dont really get the drive for Shankland on here. Hearts are showing they are looking for markets where they can get more value for money. Shankland would not be that for the price his club would want. 

11 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Generally comes up every window, but the papers were reporting earlier in the month that he wants to move back to Scotland and the Beerschot were willing to let him leave (no fees discussed but if he's not been successful over there then they can't exactly be looking to make any money on him). Dundee Utd would have been his only option this season because of the two team rule so if we are going to sign him it won't be until the summer. Personally don't rate him enough to play for Hearts and think we could do better, but as I commented above he might do us as backup. 

Edited by Batistuta87

15 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Every club has a journalist they give the first scoop on 

Playing devil's advocate...why should a scoop be given to a newspaper that has a circulation of around 10k?

Anderson and the News needs Hearts a damn sight more than we need him.

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Playing devil's advocate...why should a scoop be given to a newspaper that has a circulation of around 10k?

Anderson and the News needs Hearts a damn sight more than we need him.

Because our core support is based in Edinburgh and many will still get their news from the Evening News website or newspaper as they are not active on sites like Twitter

Just now, Stendelnator said:

Because our core support is based in Edinburgh and many will still get their news from the Evening News website or newspaper as they are not active on sites like Twitter

He alone has almost 19k followers on Twitter

Just now, Stendelnator said:

S'pose.

God help anyone trying to get their info from that website, mind

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
58 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Scarf above the heid

Announced as eligible

Starts

Scores 2 in first half

Rudi-esque please leave by your nearest exit demonstrations

Mentions of De Vries at half time

Scores another 2 into the Gorgie End

Fans passing out with delirium

is how the video plays in my head. 

51 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Good article, sounds like a poacher type which would make sense, decent scoring record too even if it’s youth level

ScandinavianJambo
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's really not. 

We also don't need that up front, quite the opposite Tbh. 

Fast, makes runs and technically good. 

Fast, technical and a bit of height and strength. One does not exclude the other....

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Fast, technical and a bit of height and strength. One does not exclude the other....

If we can get both, great. 

A big huddy is a no no tho. 

11 minutes ago, Queensland Jambo said:

Scarf above the heid

Announced as eligible

Starts

Scores 2 in first half

Rudi-esque please leave by your nearest exit demonstrations

Mentions of De Vries at half time

Scores another 2 into the Gorgie End

Fans passing out with delirium

is how the video plays in my head. 

Perfectly reasonable expectations in my mind

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal