** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

11 minutes ago, jamle1874 said:

if we finish 3rd and one of the top 3 win the Scottish cup, we go into the Europa league play offs which is two games if we lose that we go into the conference league group stages with 6 games and if we win we go into Europa league group with again 6 games 

There's a euro conference league now? I'm so out of the loop.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

5 minutes ago, Homme said:

Totally agree.

And you cannot have a squad that size that is quality. Not at our level.

Quality players want game time. 

20 max. 

Yep. That's about spot on 👌🏻

48 minutes ago, HMFC_France said:

I'm was thinking, Mackenzie Kirk seems very promising, why we can't give him a go ?

Kirk is miles behind Henderson IMO.

bobby bombscare
16 minutes ago, JyTees said:

26/28 is far too big a squad, Europe or not. That's been a major part of the problem for the past decade.

Quality over quantity please.

when you consider that we will have the european qualifiers and the league cup, then the league kicks off and we have european group stages, league cup and the league to go with, i don't think a 26 man squad is a bad idea. The key thing is who makes up that squad though. If 6 or 7 of those players are our own academy players, then no reason not to have them. They are young, hungry, on low wages and the future. So your Henderson's, pollocks, logans, brandons etc.. The last thing you need is Atkinson orBoyce or someone getting halved in a game against Alloa, when there is a Euro game against Galatasaray and a League game against the old firm coming up.

If you let them play the league cup games (especially the group games), then your key players can be fresh for league games and europe. Then in the Jan transfer window, we will likely not have any European knockout games and lower clubs will be looking to strengthen. That is when those 6 or 7 players can go out on loan (or move into the first team if a beni devlin or Atkinson are sold). And we will work with a smaller squad for the last half of the season and for the Scottish cup. 

Just cause levein used to have 30 man squads of has-beens and duds, doesn't mean it is not possible to use it to our advantage! 

Edited by bobby bombscare

5 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

when you consider that we will have the european qualifiers and the league cup, then the league kicks off and we have european group stages, league cup and the league to go with, i don't think a 26 man squad is a bad idea. The key thing is who makes up that squad though. If 6 or 7 of those players are our own academy players, then no reason not to have them. They are young, hungry, on low wages and the future. So your Henderson's, pollocks, logans, brandons etc.  

If you let them play the league cup games (especially the group games), then your key players can be fresh for league games and europe. Then in the Jan transfer window, we will likely not have any European knockout games and lower clubs will be looking to strengthen. That is when those 6 or 7 players can go out on loan (or move into the first team if a beni devlin or Atkinson are sold). And we will work with a smaller squad for the last half of the season and for the Scottish cup. 

Just cause levein used to have 30 man squads of has-beens and duds, doesn't mean it is not possible to use it to our advantage! 

If we are in Europe we won't be in the league cup groups.

Just now, Agentjambo said:

@Bongo 1874how close is the Japanese??

Just now, bobby bombscare said:

when you consider that we will have the european qualifiers and the league cup, then the league kicks off and we have european group stages, league cup and the league to go with, i don't think a 26 man squad is a bad idea. The key thing is who makes up that squad though. If 6 or 7 of those players are our own academy players, then no reason not to have them. They are young, hungry, on low wages and the future. So your Henderson's, pollocks, logans, brandons etc.  

This is what both Celtic and Rangers do, and this is why they can challenge on all fronts. 

16 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

It quite incredible how many players, promising/ can't get a game would fit and suit playing for Hearts, I hope we can be successful as a football club first and foremost, but i would love too see the day when the club has achieved selling players for £5-£10mil because of how well we have done, as you say we are a great incentive if we are playing in Europe, Savage and recruitment team have done really well, I can't praise them enough, okay they haven't got every signing right, but Beni give us sell on value, Devlin sell on value, I hope the club can get the rewards for getting these players career's back on track or in the right direction, because realistically the only chance we will ever get close to the old firm is playing in Europe, and getting player sales. 

Savage and the team seem to understand this, times look so more positive than they did under the last regime recruitment wise anyway 

By Japanese player do you mean Ogashiwa or Ueda?

bobby bombscare
3 minutes ago, Homme said:

If we are in Europe we won't be in the league cup groups.

my bad, thought that changed when we got more European spots, thought it just became the first 2. In that case we will still have the league cup games, euro games and league games from september till december, that is a lot of games for a max 20 man squad. 

Just now, pointon said:

Why do we need such a big recruitment team if this is is the best striker they can muster up over two transfer windows 

Try be positive mate, this lad might be just like Beni needs a fanbase and club he can be loved and feel like he is apart of something. 

bobby bombscare
3 minutes ago, pointon said:

Why do we need such a big recruitment team if this is is the best striker they can muster up over two transfer windows 

you've been posting these kind of messages for about an hour now and everybody is ignoring them. Your either on the wind up or a hibby. I'm going for the latter...

do you feel better now? did you get the attention you are so desperately seeking? 

Edited by bobby bombscare

Just now, bobby bombscare said:

my bad, thought that changed when we got more European spots, thought it just became the first 2. In that case we will still have the league cup games, euro games and league games from september till december, that is a lot of games for a max 20 man squad. 

We have the lowest squad number in the league. 

Defo will need more players next season. 

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Wait and see. 

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Wait and see. 

Another poster was on after the Scottish cup game saying Savage told him we aren’t even in for Ogashiwa??

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Try be positive mate, this lad might be just like Beni needs a fanbase and club he can be loved and feel like he is apart of something. 

Hope so mate

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

This would be massive progress for us. Qualifying for Europe feels absolutely crucial if we want to keep cracking on. The financial rewards of playing those games alone would allow us to spend some money, perhaps increase the wage budget/cap, which will mean we can attract players who are that little bit better and ultimately reel in the OF that little bit closer. 

More Importantly guys like McKay might stay with us. 

We can build a team. 

1 minute ago, bobby bombscare said:

you've been posting these kind of messages for about an hour now and everybody is ignoring them. Your either on the wind up or a hibby. I'm going for the latter...

do you feel better now? did you get the attention you are so desperately seeking? 

😂😂😂😂 I need more attention 

bobby bombscare
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We have the lowest squad number in the league. 

Defo will need more players next season. 

Yeah, and no better time to give the development players their chance in maroon. Might even find a couple gems that could then be used in the main squad moving forward should some of the other players depart, making us money! 

Just now, Agentjambo said:

Another poster was on after the Scottish cup game saying Savage told him we aren’t even in for Ogashiwa??

Don't believe everything Savage and Robbie say, they keep everything secret and under wraps, they have been playing the media all transfer window. 

3 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

He's a hibby, just ignore him

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Don't believe everything Savage and Robbie say, they keep everything secret and under wraps, they have been playing the media all transfer window. 

I for one hope you're right, I get the feeling that Ogashiwa is a top player and would score goals for us.

Is there a stipulation that highlight videos are always required to have utterly sh1te music?

Anyway, I have no thoughts on signing this lad, thought I'd just have a moan at the music.

19 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

No what I meant was a club like us can't really expect to have that many 'quality' players given our place in football's pecking order. When I said 20 I meant we would be doing great to have so many quality class players. Reality is we could likely have a good match day squad and then have to supplement it with youngsters or solid pros like Halliday that'll come in and do a job. You're right that a 20 man squad for Euro and domestic campaigns is too small.

To all the sensitive ones a striker has been our priority/weakness for the passed to windows we don’t get that right Joe and his bag of experts have failed

4 minutes ago, pointon said:

To all the sensitive ones a striker has been our priority/weakness for the passed to windows we don’t get that right Joe and his bag of experts have failed

Quite a derogatory statement mate.  One that seems to put the entire club down.

Do you think decent strikers grow on trees for clubs in our price bracket??  The team need to do their due diligence and get a player who can score goals and play in our system.

Personally, I think the recruitment team has done a fantastic job this year.

9 minutes ago, pointon said:

The scatter gun youtube approach worked well, please hibs now using that.

19 minutes ago, pointon said:

The spelling and grammar give the game away

1 hour ago, bobby bombscare said:

I'd say 22 was about right. When you start talking about 28-30 in a squad you start to lose cohesion trying to keep everyone happy. Chopping and changing just for the sake of it.

It's no surprise we've got the smallest squad we've had in a long time and we're having our best season.

Quality over quantity 👍🏻

Hackney Hearts
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

He's not Ginnelly fast (never will be at 6'2") 

You do know Usain Bolt is 6'5" ?

EDIT: I see someone has beaten me to it. Too slow as always. That's why I replied - I'm 6'4" and really slow. I mean obviously I'm slow now, but even at my peak 40 years ago I was a very slow No.9. 

Edited by Hackney Hearts

I know nothing about Simms but he does look fast.

Aside from that I love the 1970s era NBA name and hair style. Absolute classic.

A couple people turning their noses up at Simms 🤣

If we start raiding premiership under-23's for our players then I'll be pretty happy tbh. We could do a lot worse than Simms. Happy to have him on board. I assume if its leaked in to the press it'll be a done deal before the weekend, unless Everton pull the plug.

We wanted simms permanently in summer

But he signed a new contract. Maybe we can still get him permanently as everton are bit of a mess.

24 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We wanted simms permanently in summer

But he signed a new contract. Maybe we can still get him permanently as everton are bit of a mess.

Certainly seem to be trying to relieve them of a few of their U23s. It looked like the Braithwait deal came close-ish. 

Right. This lad may be dynamite. I have no idea…

BUT

Some slavering arse on here claimed that we would be signing a player that we would all be “very pleased with”. The suggestion being we all knew him and he is quality. 

Ive never heard of this lad (not saying hes not the next fans favourite or anything but not what was suggested earlier in the thread). 

OSimms is one I’ve mentioned on here a few times as someone we should have looked at.

Was one of main reasons behind Blackpool’s promotion push at end of last season. They wanted him back but he was recovering from injury/operation (can’t remember which) over summer and earliest he was reported to be back was September.

Personally I thought we should have pushed for 12 month loan at that point in time, even though we weren’t going to get him playing until after season had started.

He was in make or break situation, as Beni was at Goodison going into last year of his contract this year. Rafa and club must have thought he could kick on with first team and he signed a new contract. 

Everton are in free fall at moment and are in real danger of dropping down if they don’t get act together. There are also clubs looking to sign DCL which would leave them light up front. 

Based on last seasons form he should be a real steal if we can get him for 6 months as he would offer us something completely different to what we have at moment. The fly in the ointment may be Blackpool if they go back in for him as he has a connection with club and fans there.

7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

🤔 So we cant trust what Savage or Robbie physically say, or the media, and everything is so secret... yet Bongo knows?

6 hours ago, pointon said:

My question is, what has been passed to these windows of which you groan  ? 

Leveins Battalion

It has to be remebered that our new Head of Recruitment and Recruitment Analyst only came on board at the start of this season,already we have tied down Devlin,Benni and Atkinson on long term deals,signed Barry Mckay on a permanent deal and we have managed to get Gordon,Kingsley and Halkett on long tearm deals also.Thats 7 out of our 11 dealt with.

Recruitment works on long term planning with guys who have only just entered the last 6 months now becoming our targets,nobody wants to have a team full of loans but we would have to say that Cochrane has been a success,Moore has offered cover where required and maybe only Woodburn has failed to deliver although i believe he is going back to Liverpool at the end of the season with neither party pursuing anything further.

Signing a guy like Simms to see us through is a no risk sensible option,of course the way the window works players become available right at the death,Savage wasn't born yesterday.

54 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Right. This lad may be dynamite. I have no idea…

BUT

Some slavering arse on here claimed that we would be signing a player that we would all be “very pleased with”. The suggestion being we all knew him and he is quality. 

Ive never heard of this lad (not saying hes not the next fans favourite or anything but not what was suggested earlier in the thread). 

That same poster only joined the forum like a week ago

8 hours ago, jimmy the jambo said:

A blooming loan!!

I hope this is wrong,Unless it’s due to contacts & we need a short gap till the summer? 

I think it's the right way to go.Then in the summer a striker coming on in a permanent deal has to be the top priority.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal