** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Jack Torrance
18 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Playing devil's advocate...why should a scoop be given to a newspaper that has a circulation of around 10k?

Anderson and the News needs Hearts a damn sight more than we need him.

Much as it pains me to say as I don't particularly like the media, but we should really support the "Edinburgh" publication. If we don't, what are we left with? Glasgow Times, Daily Record, etc...

Their website is dreadful to access but they need to get money from sewhere with their falling print needs, like the rest of the industry.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, mickycameron98 said:

Would rather have a proven goalscorer coming in but they have obviously identified something in the boy, so I'll wait before I pass judgement.

Out of interest what proven goal scorer do you think we could have signed?

Italian Lambretta
4 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Out of interest what proven goal scorer do you think we could have signed?

Lafferty 🤣

8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Perfectly reasonable expectations in my mind

You forgot kisses the badge, sets Devlin up for a goal and does a cheeky wee 5-1

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, alanbauld said:

Needs a haircut, shouldn't be allowed near Hearts until he sorts this out.

Would an Alice Band do? :biggrin:

Would be so disappointed if we signed Shankland. Bottom 6 player at best. Definitely doesn't have the ability to take us to the next level. 

Was Simms injured earlier in the season? Or was he not in the U23 squad as he was in the main squad? I see he’s made the bench 7 times for the first team this season and one of them was an appearance against Chelsea away. But he’s only played 4 times in the U23 league, a single half against Palace U23, 90 minutes against Brighton U23 in which he had an assist and two more 90 minutes against Liverpool and Spurs’ U23’s.

Not much game time this season, so may take some time to get up to speed, which is always difficult for January loan signings. Permanent signings are different, I remember Alex Ferguson signing Vidic and Evra in a January window and openly saying after a game that he doesn’t want anyone to judge them until the next season and the only reason he bought them in January was to get them used to their surroundings and start learning the language in time for the next season.

We all know January not a great month, if this comes off and works tides over till summer then the real signings take off.

Possible others fallen through  clubs  players agents who knows.

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, MattyK82 said:

I asked my mate about this one (he's a season ticket holder at Blackpool, and also said that Demi Mitchell was a waste of a jersey and was hopeless, when asked about him joining the wee team), and he stated in his own words "John, he was brilliant, he scored a lot of important goals to help us make the play offs, and although it was League 1, the fans really liked him" 

Getting a wee bit excited now if this comes off :D 

1 minute ago, Chimp said:

Banderson has just reported that Simms deal is almost done and could even be available for the Celtic game tonight 🙌

Think he means he might be in the stands.

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Was Simms injured earlier in the season? Or was he not in the U23 squad as he was in the main squad? I see he’s made the bench 7 times for the first team this season and one of them was an appearance against Chelsea away. But he’s only played 4 times in the U23 league, a single half against Palace U23, 90 minutes against Brighton U23 in which he had an assist and two more 90 minutes against Liverpool and Spurs’ U23’s.

Not much game time this season, so may take some time to get up to speed, which is always difficult for January loan signings. Permanent signings are different, I remember Alex Ferguson signing Vidic and Evra in a January window and openly saying after a game that he doesn’t want anyone to judge them until the next season and the only reason he bought them in January was to get them used to their surroundings and start learning the language in time for the next season.

I read an Everton fan perspective which basically said he is though of as 'too good' for the U23's but not quite first team ready either. So a bit in limbo. First team football at our level could really benefit him.

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, Chimp said:

Banderson has just reported that Simms deal is almost done and could even be available for the Celtic game tonight 🙌

actually Banderson says Simms could be at Tynecastle to watch the game, but he doesn't say he'd play - still, good news all the same - debut hat-trick v Motherwell please!

4 hours ago, I.T.K said:

🤔 So we cant trust what Savage or Robbie physically say, or the media, and everything is so secret... yet Bongo knows?

1 minute ago, RDSK said:

Think he means he might be in the stands.

Ah yeah think you're right, missed the part where he says "to take in" the game. Ah well, still very happy with that signing 

Just now, August Landmesser said:

actually Banderson says Simms could be at Tynecastle to watch the game, but he doesn't say he'd play - still, good news all the same - debut hat-trick v Motherwell please!

If he is watching a Hearts v Celtic match at Tynie he'll be reaching for the pen at final whistle.

Hopefully we have invited another couple of players along tonigiht!

16 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Can we at least have a wee sneaky rumour tonight, so the player can be spotted in the stands by the Sky Sports cameras tomorrow and then announced on Thursday? Is that asking too much?

Okay, the sneaky rumour did happen last night and now Anderson saying he could be at Tynecastle tonight. I’m not far off being able to claim to be ITK! 👀 

:horse:

On 25/01/2022 at 10:01, Bongo 1874 said:

So what do people think striker in before the window closes 😉 or will Bob trust Boyce, Henderson, Ginnelly?

Will Rangers pay the money or will Souttar stay with us? 

Will there be a signing made before Wednesday 😉or will we leave it late or not at all. 

Still people haven't realised. 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If i told you we are after an another player from Everton, would you believe me 😉

No, starting to look like your on the wind up 😂

Trying to get two more done before window closes, other player will be in attendance tonight at game. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

16 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I asked my mate about this one (he's a season ticket holder at Blackpool, and also said that Demi Mitchell was a waste of a jersey and was hopeless, when asked about him joining the wee team), and he stated in his own words "John, he was brilliant, he scored a lot of important goals to help us make the play offs, and although it was League 1, the fans really liked him" 

Getting a wee bit excited now if this comes off :D 

That sounds promising. By all accounts, he sounds like the type of striker we’ve been missing. Of course, proof is in the pudding - if he’s anything like Beni 😍

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If i told you we are after an another player from Everton, would you believe me 😉

Jarrad Branthwaite

19 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Beni had barely kicked a ball and was MOTM against Celtic. 

1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

We would have had him in the summer. But was injured.  

This is the one to pay attention to :drummer:

1 minute ago, karipidis said:

Beni had barely kicked a ball and was MOTM against Celtic. 

Well, a little different, given it was the first game of the season so he had as many games as anyone else had and had a full pre-season under his belt like anyone else

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

😉 Japanese lad getting closer, his club being a pain 👍

Only thing is, that if its true and we sign Ogashiwa by the end of the window, it may be a few weeks before he can play due to getting a work permit sorted. But thats a big if we are still in for him and get him.

thehibsareintheirbeds
6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

ITK posters hot on the tail of Barry Anderson ...

Out at the Oriam at the minute.

Sounds like a cracking signing

15 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You did - I think this is what led me to Simms. Branthwaite was the other one but he seems to have been in quite a few matchday squads.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Only thing is, that if its true and we sign Ogashiwa by the end of the window, it may be a few weeks before he can play due to getting a work permit sorted. But thats a big if we are still in for him and get him.

With big Ellis coming in that gives us cover, the Japanese lad looks an intelligent player, Celtic ones will need to be watched tonight, that reo can play, would like to see us match Celtic in the middle with Beni, Devlin, Haring, get in there faces early doors and get at that defence. 

There's goals in this Hearts team and Celtic defence are there to be had, cmon the Hearts!!!! 

Still have Henderson as an option too. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

With big Ellis coming in that gives us cover, the Japanese lad looks an intelligent player, Celtic ones will need to be watched tonight, that reo can play, would like to see us match Celtic in the middle with Beni, Devlin, Haring, get in there faces early doors and get at that defence. 

There's goals in this Hearts team and Celtic defence are there to be had, cmon the Hearts!!!! 

Still have Henderson as an option too. 

I think Reo is the only one playing tonight

11 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

ITK posters hot on the tail of Barry Anderson ...

Who is hot on the tail of other ITK posters from kickback 

We will need a bigger squad for next season, the best example for this is Leeds, they have a good 16 or so players but have paid the price with going with a small squad, they are a good team and can match most like us when we are on it from the start, 

But having a smaller squad can leave you fecked, Leeds have went with youth this season and some of them look really good, Gelhardt, summervile etc, but they need experienced and older players in squad too as injuries have plagued them under Marcelo, 

The demands he puts on his players is relentless. 

And I imagine Robbie and coaches will be similar in terms of fitness and double sessions etc, so we will pick up injuries. 

This is the most positive i have felt in ages about our club, we are finally headed in the right direction, well done Robbie and Savage and club. 

36 minutes ago, Chimp said:

:ohmy:

:scenes:

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal