• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Yup, as I said earlier in the thread, the precedent is Scott Sinclair in 2016, whose registration was expedited to allow him to come off the bench and score a winner at Tynecastle.

They opened specifically on a Saturday morning to do so, half day Wednesday probably 🤬.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Are we taking bets the announcement will be his name on the team sheet 🤣

For Hobbits in time for Motherwell match tonight that’s the word on the street 

14 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

For Hobbits in time for Motherwell match tonight that’s the word on the street 

Lot of shite

he has signed for us. Announcing soon

4 hours ago, DC_92 said:

Another one in the eye for the Bongo haters.

In what way? He's posted vague nonsense consistently on pretty much a daily basis since the window opened, but nothing remotely of substance until after Banderson said Simms was nearly a done deal, then started on the 'see, I told you' rubbish.  The only thing he's been remotely specific about is that we're still after a Japanese guy, but there's still zero evidence that we actually are.

1 minute ago, William H. Bonney said:

He looks like he’s being held hostage 

Means to an end. We needed a new striker. Nobody will be harmed as long as he scores goals.  

Robbie Neilson has bolstered his forward line with the addition of forward Ellis Simms on loan from Everton. 

The England youth striker makes the move to Tynecastle until the end of the season, and could feature in tonight’s cinch Premiership match with Celtic.

21-year-old Ellis came through the academies at Blackburn Rovers and Manchester City before signing on at Goodison Park.

A remarkable 2018/19 campaign for the Toffees’ Under 18 side saw the big striker score 37 goals in 29 games, which earned him a call up to David Unsworth’s Under 23s. He continued his scoring run the following season, bagging nine strikes in 19 games.

Last season, after netting eight goals in the Premier League 2 for Everton, Ellis tasted senior football with Blackpool in the second half of the campaign. He scored ten times for the Seasiders, helping them to League One play-off glory, including two goals in a semi-final win over Oxford United.

His form didn’t go unnoticed at international level and in November 2020 Ellis was called up to the England U20 squad for a training camp, gaining game-time in a friendly match against Aston Villa.

Ellis’ Everton first-team debut occurred last month when he led the line at Stamford Bridge in a 1-1 Premier League draw with Chelsea.

He’ll now pull on the famous maroon jersey for the remainder of the 2021/22 campaign and manager Robbie is delighted to get his man.

Speaking to the Official Hearts Website, he said: “I’m really happy to get a player of Ellis’ quality on board.

“We’ve made no secret of looking for a striker and in Ellis we’ve found what we’ve been looking for.

“He’s got a great pedigree and all the attributes to be a success up here, so I’m looking forward to working with him.”

Sporting Director Joe Savage said: “It’s always been about quality over quantity for us and we’ve got real quality in Ellis.

“He’s someone we’ve been tracking for a long time and although it looked like he may have gone to the English Championship we’ve managed to attract him up here, which speaks volumes about this club.

“Our thanks go to Everton for their assistance with the move and I am, like I’m sure our fans will be, really excited to watch Ellis play for Hearts.”

HeartsandonlyHearts

Now granted it’s freezing over here in Boston right now but I just got the chills. We are so in the groove right now. Smart signings all over the place. Anyone know yet if Beni paved the way for selling him on us?

Absolute Scenes

the fact that our recruitment team lost out on him, and have still managed to bring him here shows how determined we are to bring in the right players. Brilliant work all round and hope he makes an instant impact. Welcome Ellis

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

if he’s as good as Beni then I’m going to cream my skiddys!!

I think he's potentially better all things considered. 

I ain't Barry Andersons biggest fan, and he takes alot of his stuff from here but I think this proves he occasionally gets a bit from someone at the club.

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Celtic done it to us a few years back im sure. 

Scott Sinclair. Got the rules changed so he would be eligible and he scored the winner against us, if I remember correctly. 

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Celtic done it to us a few years back im sure. 

Yep Scott Sinclair

Our turn this time😍

Naisys Tackle
Just now, CloustonHMFC said:

Scott Sinclair. Got the rules changed so he would be eligible and he scored the winner against us, if I remember correctly. 

that's the one.  Here's hoping we have karma tonight. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal