• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

Last window, we had all the same issues. People were saying we wouldn't get the players in and people frothing at the mouth that we hadn't signed enough players at the end of the window. 

These same people also said we should have brought in some journeyman winger rather than wait until the window was over to sign McKay. 

The fact of the matter is, since Savage arrived, we have had absolutely no clue about signings until they are walking into the building to sign their contract. I see no reason why that would be different this window. I also see no reason why we won't make a similar decision to wait until after the window and sign someone who is either a free agent or on loan. After the past decade of signing any old s***e to make no money from them and to see them put in half hearted performances, I am inclined to give the people running the club the freedom to do what they think is right. Considering they have so far implemented the best transfer philosophy in potentially 15+ years (from mad vlad signing anyone and everyone, to Levein singing unknowns who disappeared as quick as they arrived...).

If savage and Neilson think this is the best way to proceed, i see no evidence that this would not be the case. 

Nah, Surely its better just to sign the first player flung at us?

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Lots of folk really not understanding that signing a player worse than what we have will not help us and that good players to improve us, may not rush straight away to sign for us. 

Numbers are irrelevant. 

Quality is king. 

Folk need to chill out, Savage will be looking clever ( again) once the window closes. 

Not quite true, i want us to bring in better than what we have but at the same time if ginnelly, boyce and woodburn were all unavailable for whatever reason we would be really struggling. 

So bringing in someone who may not be as good as boyce but is so a very good player would be good business just now to help us get over the line in 3rd place. 

Confident we will bring someone in.  

Bazzas right boot
Just now, savage said:

Not quite true, i want us to bring in better than what we have but at the same time if ginnelly, boyce and woodburn were all unavailable for whatever reason we would be really struggling. 

So bringing in someone who may not be as good as boyce but is so a very good player would be good business just now to help us get over the line in 3rd place. 

Ffs, what if the guy we bring in gets injured as well? 

If the striker we bring is not better than the 3 we have we don't bring in a shitty 4th.

We keep Henderson. 

Sign 2, 3 huddies ....... Just in case we lose 2 forwards. 

C'mon man, be serious. 😁

Hopefully we get a good one, but no to any shite. 

Tbf, we had Boyce, Gino and Woodburn available and we went through a rough patch where we dropped silly points The only way that changes is if we sign someone better than what we have. 

bobby bombscare
8 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nah, Surely its better just to sign the first player flung at us?

yeah, we should sign the striker equivalent of damour in a panic and pay more money than they're worth at the same time 

Slightly related to the Dhanda thing, Swansea looking to sign Scott Fraser. I know Russell Martin was his manager at MK Dons, so that would be a reason he wants to buy him, but I have to say that even though Fraser is decent, if Swansea are willing to let a player go as they’re bringing in Fraser, you’d have to wonder what quality the player outgoing is.

8 minutes ago, savage said:

Edited by Hearts007

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, bobby bombscare said:

yeah, we should sign the striker equivalent of damour in a panic and pay more money than they're worth at the same time 

And offer them a 4 year deal to ensure we land him. 

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Slightly related to the Dhanda thing, Swansea looking to sign Scott Fraser. I know Russell Martin was his manager at MK Dons, so that would be a reason he wants to buy him, but I have to say that even though Fraser is decent, if Swansea are willing to let a player go as they’re bringing in Fraser, you’d have to wonder what quality the player outgoing is.

Not aimed at you at all but don’t get the hype about Fraser.  I’m clearly missing something with him because every time he’s mentioned folk praise him and there was even a suggestion we should try and sign him a few windows back. 

8 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Ffs, what if the guy we bring in gets injured as well? 

If the striker we bring is not better than the 3 we have we don't bring in a shitty 4th.

We keep Henderson. 

Sign 2, 3 huddies ....... Just in case we lose 2 forwards. 

C'mon man, be serious. 😁

Hopefully we get a good one, but no to any shite. 

You chat up all the beautiful women in a bar and they knock you back , you just go home with nothing ?

1 minute ago, john thomas said:

You chat up all the beautiful women in a bar and they knock you back , you just go home with nothing ?

:lol: boom.

1 minute ago, john thomas said:

Surely you just settle for what you can get in that circumstance. Just drink more beforehand. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, john thomas said:

Dunno what you mean m8, I'm unfamiliar with that ending. 😂

Anyway, If I pull a lass she or he has to be fitter than my current girlfriend or wife, or whats the point..... Better sticking to what you have. 

bobby bombscare
7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

couldn't be on anything less than a 4 year!

Bazzas right boot
Just now, bobby bombscare said:

couldn't be on anything less than a 4 year!

Then we get moan about how shite he is and question our recruitment for years after! 

:fonzie:

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

The planets aligned with Barrie McKay after the window, I doubt we'd get that lucky again. 

Could we? 

There's always a lot of players that become available late in the window as clubs look to trim their squads. It may be that the club feels it's better to wait and see, but only they know.

StevenNaismith
35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hagi out injured for the rest of the season and they’re after a replacement, might mean there’s no other bid for Souttar. 

Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they put an offer in for McKay to unsettle him.

Edited by StevenNaismith
Shouldn’t type whilst talking to the wife.

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Anyway, If I pull a lass she or he has to be fitter than my current girlfriend or wife, or whats the point..... Better sticking to what you have. 

ohhh.png.fcfc032eac0227640067606ed815986d.png

Just now, StevenNaismith said:

Wouldn’t be surprised me bit if they put an offer in for McKay to unsettle him.

Offffttt now there is a question how much ?

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not aimed at you at all but don’t get the hype about Fraser.  I’m clearly missing something with him because every time he’s mentioned folk praise him and there was even a suggestion we should try and sign him a few windows back. 

Yeah, I don’t really get it either. He’s okay. Which makes me wonder what players he’d be picked ahead of would be like.

30 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

When was the last time we were loaned a player by Aberdeen, or Motherwell, or Dundee or any other Scottish club? Do they all hate us as well? As with every single club in the world, if a loan deal suits them, they will do the loan deal. I also very much doubt that even Hearts pay any attention to what you, or any of us, would, or wouldn't want from either of those arseholes. Your hatred of the Glasgow arseholes is admirable, your business sense isn't.

Aberdeen loaned us Shay Logan last season...

4 minutes ago, number-16 said:

Well remembered. Seems a long time ago for some reason. 

18 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

What if wife/girlfriend is staying at their mothers ?

You don't have to answer 

36 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Lots of folk really not understanding that signing a player worse than what we have will not help us and that good players to improve us, may not rush straight away to sign for us. 

Numbers are irrelevant. 

Quality is king. 

Folk need to chill out, Savage will be looking clever ( again) once the window closes. 

We’re not looking at players in general though are we. We’re specifically looking at a forward player, a striker if you will. we’ve got one of those, specifically Boyce who fills that specific role for us. Then we’ve got Woodburn who has been patchy and Ginelly who has been patchy and Henderson who isn’t ready to start in such a vital run in. So we NEED someone who is more ideally suited and matched to what Boyce does, because we don’t have anyone else. That doesn’t mean we’ll get better than Boyce but it does mean for me that we need better than Ginelly and Woodburn and Henderson in the main forward position.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
17 minutes ago, number-16 said:

That means there's one team in Scotland that doesn't hate us then, by Andrew's reckoning, anyway. And as I said, when it suits both clubs to do the deal, the deal is done regardless of who the clubs are.

49 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Surely you just settle for what you can get in that circumstance. Just drink more beforehand. 

Don’t fancy yours much!

EA94CA03-E046-402F-B48E-5D70557A3ED5.jpeg

1 hour ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

When was the last time we were loaned a player by Aberdeen, or Motherwell, or Dundee or any other Scottish club? Do they all hate us as well? As with every single club in the world, if a loan deal suits them, they will do the loan deal. I also very much doubt that even Hearts pay any attention to what you, or any of us, would, or wouldn't want from either of those arseholes. Your hatred of the Glasgow arseholes is admirable, your business sense isn't.

Why would we loan players from smaller teams in the league? How often do you see teams like Athletico Madrid or Spurs loan players from teams below them in the league?  

You're talking about Celtic and Scottish football in general as if it's run by rational thinking people, I think we all know that's not the case.

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Except the man who did that, at least 3 times, and who you backed to the hilt in the time he was here making an almighty mess, is no longer responsible for anything that happens at Hearts

Edited by JimmyCant

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, john thomas said:

What if wife/girlfriend is staying at their mothers ?

You don't have to answer 

I have standards.... Now. 

Like Hearts I learnt the hard way. 

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

There's always a lot of players that become available late in the window as clubs look to trim their squads. It may be that the club feels it's better to wait and see, but only they know.

The dregs from other clubs….great.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

We rarely get first pick of the best talent in world football.  

I don’t think we will be signing anyone imo.Will go with what we have.

lost in space
45 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Don’t fancy yours much!

EA94CA03-E046-402F-B48E-5D70557A3ED5.jpeg

Is she behind your gorgeous one - or has your one just eaten her?

jamboinglasgow
18 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

The dregs from other clubs….great.

Once saw someone say that the best approach to transfers is to find players who are fit your system/style of play who are at a club where they dont fit that clubs style of play. The other club will want rid of them as they are doing poorly but they will work at your club. 

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

I don’t think we will be signing anyone imo.Will go with what we have.

It’s a tricky window but any window can become a waiting game. Player A holds out on a new deal with one club, who keep hold of Player B in case a bid comes in for Player A. When no bid comes for the first guy they’re happy to sell the second guy (or loan him out) late in the window.  I think Savage and co are savvy enough to have a few irons in the fire and with average luck we’ll get a couple in. 

Can we at least have a wee sneaky rumour tonight, so the player can be spotted in the stands by the Sky Sports cameras tomorrow and then announced on Thursday? Is that asking too much?

Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

Still no Yan Dhanda in the Swansea squad tonight. You'd imagine he'll be looking to move. 

Sitting next to Joe Savage in the Main Stand tomorrow night 👀 

43 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Take the horns off and slap a bit of make up on it and we’re good to go. 

😳

1 hour ago, john thomas said:

Personally speaking 100%......but then I wouldn't have been knocked back to start off with 😁

17 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Is she behind your gorgeous one - or has your one just eaten her?

😂 …don’t think I want to know!

9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Sitting next to Joe Savage in the Main Stand tomorrow night 👀 

You never know! 

Nothing now until Thursday 😩

14 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

You never know! 

Nothing now until Thursday 😩

Probably Friday in reality. Maybe even Monday. :sad:

Jack Torrance

Swansea on Sky just now. Piroe up front. Obafemi on the bench. Paterson still out of favour. No Dhanda either. Is he Injured or has he moved somewhere else yet?

6 hours ago, jambopilms said:

I don't think anyone is coming in now. Just read RN comments about the size of the squad and it being full of quality and everyone knows their job so they can slot in when needed.

Changes like the wind Robbie on Saturday he was very confident of one or two coming in as we were short up front

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal