** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We will need a bigger squad for next season, the best example for this is Leeds, they have a good 16 or so players but have paid the price with going with a small squad, they are a good team and can match most like us when we are on it from the start, 

But having a smaller squad can leave you fecked, Leeds have went with youth this season and some of them look really good, Gelhardt, summervile etc, but they need experienced and older players in squad too as injuries have plagued them under Marcelo, 

The demands he puts on his players is relentless. 

And I imagine Robbie and coaches will be similar in terms of fitness and double sessions etc, so we will pick up injuries. 

This is the most positive i have felt in ages about our club, we are finally headed in the right direction, well done Robbie and Savage and club. 

Who are you and what have you done with our Bongo?

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Under the floodlight

My mate

18 minutes ago, brux said:

That'll be 5 on loan, not liking that 

My mate Allan says "you'll never win anything with loanees"

11 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Assuming Ogashiwa is still in Japan, would it still be feasible to sign him before the end of the month? I.e.

Do players have to physically sign a contract in person? 

Could we sign and register a player "subject to a medical"?

Hokkaido (the city where I presume he is based) isn't even in mainland Japan!  Has anyone worked out which flights he'd need to catch to make it here by Monday!

As far as I'm aware Japan Air and BA are still running flights from Tokyo to Heathrow regularly. Could get on one of those I'd imagine if necessary.

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Was Simms injured earlier in the season? Or was he not in the U23 squad as he was in the main squad? I see he’s made the bench 7 times for the first team this season and one of them was an appearance against Chelsea away. But he’s only played 4 times in the U23 league, a single half against Palace U23, 90 minutes against Brighton U23 in which he had an assist and two more 90 minutes against Liverpool and Spurs’ U23’s.

Not much game time this season, so may take some time to get up to speed, which is always difficult for January loan signings. Permanent signings are different, I remember Alex Ferguson signing Vidic and Evra in a January window and openly saying after a game that he doesn’t want anyone to judge them until the next season and the only reason he bought them in January was to get them used to their surroundings and start learning the language in time for the next season.

IIRC Simms got injured in the playoffs with Blackpool and was due back in September.

There was a bit in the press down here pre season which talked about him being in limbo as it wasn’t clear what Everton were going to do with him. Blackpool wanted him back but the injury put them off as they needed someone from start of season. 

He is rated and I’m confident over the closing stretch will bag us a few goals.

The rules regarding loan out players from next season is going to be very interesting as It will limit the number of players EPL clubs can loan out and there will be a few players getting their contracts paid up to leave as the days of bloated squads and loaning out 15 or 20 players are gone.

1 minute ago, dougal said:

As far as I'm aware Japan Air and BA are still running flights from Tokyo to Heathrow regularly. Could get on one of those I'd imagine if necessary.

If not already in town to take in a game tonight… 👀 

Big Elvis live on SSN the now saying he believes today there may be an exciting new addition 😉

Him and Robbie are very pally so sounds promising!!! 

jamboinglasgow
15 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Assuming Ogashiwa is still in Japan, would it still be feasible to sign him before the end of the month? I.e.

Do players have to physically sign a contract in person? 

Could we sign and register a player "subject to a medical"?

Hokkaido (the city where I presume he is based) isn't even in mainland Japan!  Has anyone worked out which flights he'd need to catch to make it here by Monday!

Pretty sure you can still sign a player even if they are not in the country, the medical can be done in Japan. A delay factor for playing him will be getting a work permit agreed and processed. 

Is it just a coincidence that this new lad is from Everton - same club we scouted Beni from ?

Anyway, he looks very promising.  Very well  done to Joe & Will on  getting him in, and keeping things below the radar.       I'm liking that his name is almost an anagram of Slim Messi.  :jambobanana:  An omen, shirley.

I saw the Daily Record claimed the Ogashiwa deal had fallen through earlier today (as well as another South Korean deal, presumably Cho-Young Wook). Very light on detail, but it's the same guy who reported we were still trying for him earlier in the month and had the scoop on the new contracts for Halkett and Kingsley.

Hearts are still actively looking for a striker, writes Scott Burns.

They have recently been linked with Everton’s Ellis Simms and have failed with ambitious moves in the Japanese and South Korean markets.

15 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Big Elvis live on SSN the now saying he believes today there may be an exciting new addition 😉

Him and Robbie are very pally so sounds promising!!! 

Surely just talking about Simms?! 👀

Morgaro Gomis

Not exactly breaking news based on what’s already been reported and I’m the furthest from ITK but I’m led to believe Simms is at Tynecastle for photos just now. If true, would expect an announcement imminently.

Edited by Morgaro Gomis

43 minutes ago, brux said:

That'll be 5 on loan, not liking that 

Why not, if they improve the team and help us win it is a good day. It will also encourage other players out with our price range to come in the future. How many players have we owned and not turned a profit on selling .... gazillions 

Italian Lambretta
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Simms and Branthwaite, if rumours are true. 

We seem to have a good relationship with Everton. Long may it continue and hopefully a few other Premier clubs.

2 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Why not, if they improve the team and help us win it is a good day. It will also encourage other players out with our price range to come in the future. How many players have we owned and not turned a profit on selling .... gazillions 

It’s more than I’d like but as long as they help us to third I’m not too bothered. Tbf, I’d imagine with Cochrane and Moore we would at least have a chance of getting them on a permanent if we decided to try. 

Edited by GinRummy

5 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Not exactly breaking news based on what’s already been reported and I’m the furthest from ITK but I’m led to believe Simms is at Tynecastle for photos just now. If true, would expect an announcement imminently.

👍

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

We seem to have a good relationship with Everton. Long may it continue and hopefully a few other Premier clubs.

Going g to change if they idiots go down, they'll need all these types back as they shed wages. 😳

7 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Good stuff, using the Scott Sinclair precedent from a few years ago, he can presumably therefore go straight into the match day squad.

56 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Not sure how great Halkett would look against the European champions either to be fair 

Yep. I had taken that into consideration when posting earlier...... but still ??

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Busby8 said:

Yep. I had taken that into consideration when posting earlier...... but still ??

but still what? He was up against quality of players we couldn't dream of having in our league

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Going g to change if they idiots go down, they'll need all these types back as they shed wages. 😳

Selling us Benni and giving us a promising striker on loan, doesn't really make them idiots in my book, unless you are referring to the players

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Good work team.  I think this page needs to be renamed in the next window. Become utterly pointless owing to the watertight, professional operation we now run.

5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

but still what? He was up against quality of players we couldn't dream of having in our league

Jeez mate.... it was just an observation based on those very brief highlights that I'd earlier conceded were unlikely to be truly representative.

Edited by Busby8

24 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

The risk is that they down tools because it really doesn't matter to them, not guaranteed but still a risk

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s more than I’d like but as long as they help us to third I’m not too bothered. Tbf, I’d imagine with Cochrane and Moore we would at least have a chance of getting them on a permanent if we decided to try. 

Yes, but maybe more chance of a permanent deal now after they have been on loan and the proved that the fit is good for Hearts and the player.

Does anyone know what the cut off time is for registering a player before a match?

(Clearly the rules will be different for Rangers and Celtic, but I am referring to the rules we  be subject to)

5 minutes ago, brux said:

Branthwaite and simms

Does feel quite a high number but we have a strong core at the club and have just resigned some key players.   If this helps improve the quality - and still meet the criteria of young, hungry players then all good with me.   Some may become signings and the U23 market in England is clearly worth fishing in.    Good times hopefully.

Just now, brux said:

The risk is that they down tools because it really doesn't matter to them, not guaranteed but still a risk

Why would downing tools be good for them, surly they want to prove themselves against "lesser" opposition. The only one who would benefit in downing tools maybe JS and try to force a move in this window, although I believe that he has more respect.

Depending on what happens to Everton this season and what manager they get in, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Simms re-signs for us on loan next season.

1 minute ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Why would downing tools be good for them, surly they want to prove themselves against "lesser" opposition. The only one who would benefit in downing tools maybe JS and try to force a move in this window, although I believe that he has more respect.

Ask the hibs loanees in 2012, with a chance to win a cup they downed tools, one of them plays for spurs now too

6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Elliott Simms has entered the building!!

Which building? :whistling: 

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, FFSJohn said:

Simms is 100% and will be in squad tonight.

Has he had any training with his new teammates today or yesterday

13 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Yes, but maybe more chance of a permanent deal now after they have been on loan and the proved that the fit is good for Hearts and the player.

Definitely. Some loans look like a try before you but type of situation which I’m all for. 

6 minutes ago, brux said:

Ask the hibs loanees in 2012, with a chance to win a cup they downed tools, one of them plays for spurs now too

Gie it a rest Ffs, you must be a great craic at parties! 🍺👍🏻

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal