• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

9 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Someone mentioned him on this thread or in the summer - can’t remember who but they have the ITK crown. 

johnking123 it seems…

He’s shite. 
A bloody loan.

What’s Savage even doing to earn his wage?

Blackpool reject. 
We want more internationals. 

And so on and so forth. 

Looks pretty good, similar in style to Osman Sow.

I doubt another loan was our first choice but if the main permanent targets aren't possible then a loan with a view to sorting it out in the summer is the next best option.

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

👏👍 Heard the Japanese lad is close too. 

Atkinson, Simms and Ogashiwa or Ueda would be a sublime January window. 

15 minutes ago, HMFC_France said:

I'm was thinking, Mackenzie Kirk seems very promising, why we can't give him a go ?

Andy kirk’s son?

i asked about him too a while back - surely worth a go

4 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Too young. 

We've played plenty 16/17 yo's before. Looks like some finisher to be fair to the lad. Always scores for the Reserves / U19s or whatever they are now so could be worth a place in team perhaps towards the end of the season if we get to a point where European qualification is relatively safe. 

That said, Euan Henderson will likely be given a chance first though (and rightly so I would say). 

Edited by Batistuta87

1 minute ago, Jack Torrance said:

A name at last!

default_smilies_horse.jpg

The quest was warranted so it seems

(Or should that read so it Simms?)

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Atkinson, Simms and Ogashiwa or Ueda would be a sublime January window. 

Simms is fast, recruitment has been good to be honest, has potential this lad, if he scores 5-10 goals come the end of the season, Hearts will be laughing. 

Jack Torrance
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The quest was warranted so it seems

If the rumours bear fruit, the past weeks will have been a mere flesh wound.

bobby bombscare

If he comes on loan till the summer and we sign the Japanese boy and Shankland over the summer, then i'm happy with that. This boy should see us through to the summer and we will be able to recruit far more effectively with the promise of European football (and with the guaranteed income that brings) in the summer transfer window. Exciting times! 

10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Simms is fast, recruitment has been good to be honest, has potential this lad, if he scores 5-10 goals come the end of the season, Hearts will be laughing. 

He's not Ginnelly fast (never will be at 6'2") but he is a lot faster than say Boyce for example. Definitely knows where the goal is though - I'm sure when I looked him up in the summer he'd scored >30 goals in <20 games in EPL2 and was making mincemeat of the likes of Mason Greenwood 🤣. I'd be very impressed if we got him in. An 18 month loan would be absolutely smashing. 

Edited by Batistuta87

On 16/01/2022 at 19:10, johnking123 said:

Japanese lad will probably last till end of the window. Not easy negotiation.

Don’t mind me, just looking through all your posts relating to transfers following the news about Simms 👀 

Naisys Tackle

He's really highly rated at Everton and Blackpool want him back on loan this month.   This tells me it would be a really good move, loan or not. 

jamboinglasgow

Shame he signed a new contract recently as could have been a signing similar to Cochrane, but if we are not getting our long term striker targets this window then a loan like that is ideal. His loan at Blackpool was successful and seems to be rated. 

I do think the fact that it mentions we have spoken already to Everton and in talks, with past record of these things usually means that it should be wrapped up relatively quickly (I suspect he will be signed by Friday.)

11 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Banderson resisted the urge to add "Suck ma boaby" Kickback with the accusations he gets his news from here 😂🤩

For someone so close to the club goings on I've always found it strange how hes usually last to report goings on.  Noticed there's no exclusive or any real context in the article so lets hope it comes to fruition.

Just now, bobby bombscare said:

If he comes on loan till the summer and we sign the Japanese boy and Shankland over the summer, then i'm happy with that. This boy should see us through to the summer and we will be able to recruit far more effectively with the promise of European football (and with the guaranteed income that brings) in the summer transfer window. Exciting times! 

Nothing to say we can't keep him if he does well at us, I think we will see a change to formation more next season, if we qualify for European football. 

We will definitely need a squad of about 26/28 all challenging or can do a job if required, but yeah you're spot on 👍 exciting times. 

I hope we batter those tramps tomorrow. 

Secure a guaranteed 8 games in Europe and players will be falling over themselves to sign up. It makes sense to keep a hefty chunk of a wage bill to play with this summer.

4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Secure a guaranteed 8 games in Europe and players will be falling over themselves to sign up. It makes sense to keep a hefty chunk of a wage bill to play with this summer.

This would be massive progress for us. Qualifying for Europe feels absolutely crucial if we want to keep cracking on. The financial rewards of playing those games alone would allow us to spend some money, perhaps increase the wage budget/cap, which will mean we can attract players who are that little bit better and ultimately reel in the OF that little bit closer. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

He's not Ginnelly fast (never will be at 6'2") but he is a lot faster than say Boyce for example. Definitely knows where the goal is though - I'm sure when I looked him up in the summer he'd scored >30 goals in <20 games in EPL2 and was making mincemeat of the likes of Mason Greenwood 🤣. I'd be very impressed if we got him in. An 18 month loan would be absolutely smashing. 

He's coming into a winning team too so no pressure, can just go in and show what he has got, I think a lot of defenders will be surprised how quick he is for a big guy. 

bobby bombscare
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Nothing to say we can't keep him if he does well at us, I think we will see a change to formation more next season, if we qualify for European football. 

We will definitely need a squad of about 26/28 all challenging or can do a job if required, but yeah you're spot on 👍 exciting times. 

Yeah, totally agree with you. A loan seems the best option for just now and if it works, no reason we can't make an offer to evert on for him. But although it is important to finish with European football, you will defo get value for money when you are offering guaranteed European football if they are in the first team. the old firm have used that to their advantage for years. It is an excellent way for any player to secure a big money move and many will opt for European football over a bit extra cash.  

4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

How would we guarantee 8 games?

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

He's coming into a winning team too so no pressure, can just go in and show what he has got, I think a lot of defenders will be surprised how quick he is for a big guy. 

Lovely. Let's hope it happens 🤞🏻

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

How close is Japanese??

Just now, Ray Gin said:

How would we guarantee 8 games?

if we finish 3rd and one of the top 3 win the Scottish cup, we go into the Europa league play offs which is two games if we lose that we go into the conference league group stages with 6 games and if we win we go into Europa league group with again 6 games 

Guest ToqueJambo

Like the look of Simms going by Beni and Woodburn's quality. A loan or two makes total sense if we can't find a good enough long term signing right now. Strengthens the squad for the run in and buys us some time to find the right players for next season onwards.

11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

26/28 is far too big a squad, Europe or not. That's been a major part of the problem for the past decade.

Quality over quantity please.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

I'm fine with loans for a bit of extra squad depth when the right signings aren't out there. As has been said previously, January is a tricky window to do permanent deals. Aside from that, the Simms lad looks quality. Quick and strong, although I hope there's not just a bit of highlights syndrome with his pace - some of the defending down south is just awful. 

Just now, bobby bombscare said:

Yeah, totally agree with you. A loan seems the best option for just now and if it works, no reason we can't make an offer to evert on for him. But although it is important to finish with European football, you will defo get value for money when you are offering guaranteed European football if they are in the first team. the old firm have used that to their advantage for years. It is an excellent way for any player to secure a big money move and many will opt for European football over a bit extra cash.  

It's quite incredible how many players, promising/ can't get a game would fit and suit playing for Hearts, I hope we can be successful as a football club first and foremost, but i would love too see the day when the club has achieved selling players for £5-£10mil because of how well we have done, as you say we are a great incentive if we are playing in Europe, Savage and recruitment team have done really well, I can't praise them enough, okay they haven't got every signing right, but Beni give us sell on value, Devlin sell on value, I hope the club can get the rewards for getting these players career's back on track or in the right direction, because realistically the only chance we will ever get close to the old firm is playing in Europe, and getting player sales. 

Savage and the team seem to understand this, times look so more positive than they did under the last regime recruitment wise anyway 

Edited by Bongo 1874

14 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

You never said today was the day and now you come with news from Peebles? :sad:

Meant to post it with a comment but oh well🤣

1 minute ago, JyTees said:

26/28 is far too big a squad, Europe or not. That's been a major part of the problem for the past decade.

Quality over quantity please.

Totally agree.

And you cannot have a squad that size that is quality. Not at our level.

Quality players want game time. 

20 max. 

17 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Usaun Bolt is 6 5". 😇

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

Usaun Bolt is 6 5". 😇

Takes him about 60m to get up to speed though. And if he did get up to speed he’d be half way up the Gorgie Stand before he could stop.  😀

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal