Gnanduillet

rudi must stay

From highlights: he gets in a decent header from, wait for it, a decent cross and then reacts well to the save getting in another effort. Does well battling in midfield that leads to the equalizer. From what people saying he linked play well. I reckon Neilson will be happy with his effort. Will get another chance on Saturday.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• GinRummy

• pointon

• jr ewing

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He played mostly well last night, but did have one bad miss at the start  of the 2nd half (not including the offside chance) None of his other chances were that easy, and I was annoyed that Woodburn played such a wide pass after a lovely touch to get himself in on the defence.

If he plays like that every game he's a good option to have

12 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

He played mostly well last night, but did have one bad miss at the start  of the 2nd half (not including the offside chance) None of his other chances were that easy, and I was annoyed that Woodburn played such a wide pass after a lovely touch to get himself in on the defence.

If he plays like that every game he's a good option to have

The Woodburn pass was annoying. That’s what I mean when I say I’m not sure how many of his chances (and it wasn’t a hatful) Boyce would have put away. That one as an example was played way too wide, did the right thing going across goal but angle was against him.

Woody should have kept going forward and taken a shot using Nando as a decoy for a pass. He had a clear run into the area down the goalies throat. Clearly a player low on confidence, making that wide pass as he did not believe he could score. 

6 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Woody should have kept going forward and taken a shot using Nando as a decoy for a pass. He had a clear run into the area down the goalies throat. Clearly a player low on confidence, making that wide pass as he did not believe he could score. 

I don’t think that’s accurate, if anything Woodburn shoots too often when he should pass. He’s snatching at chances and all outside the box too. We created less when he came on unfortunately as when he got the ball he looked to shoot always. I think he passed it wide to Gnanduillet as he only passed as a last resort when his shot wasn’t on, maybe passed it too late. He’s one that needs a goal to calm him down, as he’s trying too hard if anything.

19 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I don’t think that’s accurate, if anything Woodburn shoots too often when he should pass. He’s snatching at chances and all outside the box too. We created less when he came on unfortunately as when he got the ball he looked to shoot always. I think he passed it wide to Gnanduillet as he only passed as a last resort when his shot wasn’t on, maybe passed it too late. He’s one that needs a goal to calm him down, as he’s trying too hard if anything.

Agree with you he looks to shoot at every opportunity. Unfortunately most of his efforts are low percentage chances resulting in him skying them or drilling them into defenders. He had a clear chance to go one on one with the goalie yesterday and to my mind shat it and made the low percentage play by sliding it out wide to a covered Nando. Then Nando gets abuse for missing. 

Funny we all see it differently. I thought it was a great opportunity to keep going and hit the shot. Based on Gnanduillet's shooting in the warm up, I had much more confidence in Woodburn. That said I was so frustrated with MacKay in the Rangers game when he had the brilliant break but then shot when he could have squared it to Boyce who would pretty much have had a tap in!

1 minute ago, gnasher75 said:

Funny we all see it differently. I thought it was a great opportunity to keep going and hit the shot. Based on Gnanduillet's shooting in the warm up, I had much more confidence in Woodburn. That said I was so frustrated with MacKay in the Rangers game when he had the brilliant break but then shot when he could have squared it to Boyce who would pretty much have had a tap in!

Aye. Easy for us armchair quarterbacks to say what a player should have done ln the comfort of our recliners with beer in hand. Isn’t it?😂

2 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Aye. Easy for us armchair quarterbacks to say what a player should have done ln the comfort of our recliners with beer in hand. Isn’t it?😂

Or sitting in the stand screaming "Shoot!"  But yes, exactly.  

We need another striker for sure but Gnando played well last night, and maybe it would be better if he played behind Boyce rather than in front of him. 

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

We need another striker for sure but Gnando played well last night, and maybe it would be better if he played behind Boyce rather than in front of him. 

Na, not for me.

Gnando had a good game last night other than the lack of clinical finishing. But it was all about getting into the right positions, he's a front man and should be played there if at all.

Wouldn't mind them played up top together.

If either dropped in behind then Boyce does that much better. 

But Gnando needs to be more accurate so it's either front man or back sitting on the bench if he doesn't get some goals for all that good movement and getting on the end of crosses.

Still think Nando needs to be cut some slack. He has been a bit part player at best up until now. He came off the bench and did get into some great positions to score but failed. Rust might be a factor there. Imo he deserves a wee run to get up to speed. Oh aye. And needs some after hours tutoring on the offside rule tae😉

From my viewing of the highlights he could and should have had a hat trick.  In his defence, he hasn't had much football and should get sharper with more time on the field.

2 hours ago, Canscot said:

Still think Nando needs to be cut some slack. He has been a bit part player at best up until now. He came off the bench and did get into some great positions to score but failed. Rust might be a factor there. Imo he deserves a wee run to get up to speed. Oh aye. And needs some after hours tutoring on the offside rule tae😉

Totally agree. I'm not slating Boyce here, but last night Gnando  put in more shots and attempts on goal than Boycie does on average.  He's hardly had a lot of game time so maybe isn't as sharp as he could be, but we have all seen what he is capable of given decent service.  He's a different type of player than Boyce and offers us different options. 

Boyce has only scored 3 goals from open play so far this season. Of the 9 penalties he's taken he's scored 7, so in a goals to minutes played ratio he's not that far ahead of Gnando in the goals from open play stakes. 

They are both good strikers, they just have different styles, and I wish the 'he's pish' 'he's a huddy' brigade would give it a rest and just get behind the guy when he plays. 

30 minutes ago, Firefox said:

Totally agree. I'm not slating Boyce here, but last night Gnando  put in more shots and attempts on goal than Boycie does on average.  He's hardly had a lot of game time so maybe isn't as sharp as he could be, but we have all seen what he is capable of given decent service.  He's a different type of player than Boyce and offers us different options. 

Boyce has only scored 3 goals from open play so far this season. Of the 9 penalties he's taken he's scored 7, so in a goals to minutes played ratio he's not that far ahead of Gnando in the goals from open play stakes. 

They are both good strikers, they just have different styles, and I wish the 'he's pish' 'he's a huddy' brigade would give it a rest and just get behind the guy when he plays. 

Hear, hear fine chap!!

5 hours ago, Firefox said:

:asiancat: 

Given a decent run, he'll be hard to dislodge. Once his confidence is up, he'll be Hearts top scorer. 

Tokyo Drifter
17 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

From highlights: he gets in a decent header from, wait for it, a decent cross and then reacts well to the save getting in another effort. Does well battling in midfield that leads to the equalizer. From what people saying he linked play well. I reckon Neilson will be happy with his effort. Will get another chance on Saturday.

Yeah I watched the highlights and thought he did pretty well considering he hasn't had much game time. I'm happy to stick with him, especially as we have players like McKay and Ginnelly who can swing balls in to his head.

A_A wehatethehibs

I said it before i thought he would point to the lack of game time and I stand by that. He can justifiably ask for 2-3 games to sharpen up. 

How many 90 minute games has he had since he came here? Not a lot and that’s got to be his first in about 6 months

I reckon he will find the net at Pittodrie. I believe there’s more to come from him in a Hearts shirt

Plenty of chances now to show his worth but has failed. Never won a header against Scot Brown. He has no strength for such a big guy. He needs dropped then punted in January. 

We need to splash the cash and bring in a decent striker, from where I don’t know so over to you Mr Savage. 

jambo in iraq

I’m not even bothered that he is limited. ALL our players are limited. But that man is the laziest player I have seen play for hearts in a long time. He chased nothing. Stands 6ft 5 jumps 5ft 2. Shocking attitude. GTF!

4 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Plenty of chances now to show his worth but has failed. Never won a header against Scot Brown. He has no strength for such a big guy. He needs dropped then punted in January. 

We need to splash the cash and bring in a decent striker, from where I don’t know so over to you Mr Savage. 

The worst example was Gordon kick out which hung in the air,  Brown and Gnando both perfectly position for where the ball is going to drop and Brown wins the header.  Seriously???   He doesn't seem to go and attack the ball.    Great pass for the pen,  but other than that offered absolutely nothing, which is a big factor why we were honking in the final third and didn't have a single shot on target from open play.    

Edited by Gmcjambo

Gnanduillet just doesn’t suit the system. He is not a great footballer but we aren’t playing to his strengths and he got no service today. 

AlphonseCapone
Just now, davemclaren said:

True, but we would still have to pay him. 

When is his contract actually up? Really hope it's end of this season. He's absolutely not good enough. 

AlphonseCapone
Just now, SM Sheffield said:

Gnanduillet just doesn’t suit the system. He is not a great footballer but we aren’t playing to his strengths and he got no service today. 

What are his strengths? 

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Shredder would work. 

I think he will have his own copy of his contract though!     On a serious note, I'm not sure his heart is in it so he may be looking towards the Jan window in any case.

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

When is his contract actually up? Really hope it's end of this season. He's absolutely not good enough. 

End of the season. 

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Reminds me of Michal Pospisil. He also had a heart the size of a pea.

At least he chipped in with a goal now and again!

AlphonseCapone
Just now, Sertse said:

Being offside

Would make a good wall too based on the way the ball bounces off him. 

4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Reminds me of Michal Pospisil. He also had a heart the size of a pea.

Eh? Pospisil would walk into this team!