Gnanduillet

rudi must stay

38 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

See, this is the thing, on the basis of yesterday's viewing you’re absolutely correct. But just 7 days previous against Rangers he jumps high enough to chest the ball in the air at a level that’s above Balogun’s (think he was the marker) height to then get a decent shot off. He also leaped like a salmon for his debut goal against Raith. He has shown what he can do, but yesterday was woeful and can’t be defended.

For quite a few season we’ve watched players who, to be frank, just couldn’t be arsed in some games. Thankfully this season we seem to have a motivated squad who give a big effort in every game. Except Gnando yesterday and that’s annoying. We know he can do miles better but chose to let the side down by not putting in the effort. Not acceptable and I hope he realises it. Gets another chance for me but the next showing like that should be his last.  

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• GinRummy

• pointon

• jr ewing

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They brought Sheridan on and we brought Gnando on. Sheridan put a shift in, put himself about and his team eventually score. Gnando sauntered about looking lost, offered absolutely nothing and if Hearts had managed a 2nd goal, it certainly wasn't coming from him.

17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

For quite a few season we’ve watched players who, to be frank, just couldn’t be arsed in some games. Thankfully this season we seem to have a motivated squad who give a big effort in every game. Except Gnando yesterday and that’s annoying. We know he can do miles better but chose to let the side down by not putting in the effort. Not acceptable and I hope he realises it. Gets another chance for me but the next showing like that should be his last.  

As a big advocate of his I was let down to be honest. We know he can do better. But for whatever reason yesterday he was completely off it. Noticed before he came on when he warmed up they sent the trainer out with him to do it, which seemed odd. Almost as if he wasn’t up to speed from regular half time warm ups or almost needed extra motivation to get ready. Didn’t see that with Ginnelly before he came on for example. I’m not going to back down on my stance there’s a good player in there, but he has to take responsibility for his own shambolic performance (albeit he’s not responsible for us drawing and although what he did was bad, it wasn’t like we were creating much either way). In fact if Ginnelly cuts it back to him like he did against Dundee United rather than fire it through the defender’s legs through the six yard box we could be talking about something completely different. We had a lot of players not at the races yesterday, but that’s no excuse for Gnanduillet playing terribly.

My own feeling on him is that he just isn’t giving enough. Need to see more from him and that includes his work rate. Just seems to float around doing the bare minimum in all honesty 

when he came in at tannadice, and also against both sides of the arse cheeks I genuinely thought I saw something in him but just not sure.

hoping he isn’t one of these players that will do it now and again. 

Another option up front will really help us come January. 

10 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Nando hasn’t got what it takes to be a striker. His positioning is poor, his hold up play is poor, his heading is poor, he’s to easily dispossessed because his ball control is poor. If possible in January he needs to go and 2 out and out goal scorers brought in. Strikers who will demand the ball to be played to them where it’s needed. 

You forgot to add his tackling is poor, his passing is poor, his desire is poor, and fashion sense is poor.

apart from threat your post is bang in.

37 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That last bit lost us 2 points yesterday. Beni passing when he should be shooting and the move breaking down. Boyce gliding across the 18 yard line when he should have hit the ball first time, Smith’s poor decision making inside the opposition box. 

👍

He was a backup striker for the Championship and should have been moved on in the summer. His half arsed attempt at a performance yesterday was unforgivable imo. You can't come on the pitch and be that poor in this team. 

Fozzyonthefence
43 minutes ago, girvanjambo said:

They brought Sheridan on and we brought Gnando on. Sheridan put a shift in, put himself about and his team eventually score. Gnando sauntered about looking lost, offered absolutely nothing and if Hearts had managed a 2nd goal, it certainly wasn't coming from him.

Dundee, as shite as they are,  have at least 3 strikers better than our 2nd choice striker.  And one that, on form, is better than Boyce. That needs to be addressed. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

He was a backup striker for the Championship and should have been moved on in the summer. His half arsed attempt at a performance yesterday was unforgivable imo. You can't come on the pitch and be that poor in this team. 

Yup. When the attack fail to produce it means the pressure gets piled on the defence. We have a great defence, but if the attackers fail to do their job its inevitable we'll lose goals. 

I quite liked the look of Sherridan when he came on. Would have been keen for him in the summer. Hopefully Savage and his team have a few options for January/Summer because Gnando is not good enough and we need genuine competition for Boyce. 

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It was absolutely awful, and I was thinking he probably should have got a start yesterday!  I’d still like to see if we can tweak the system to fit in Boyce and Gnando as we really look like we’re going to struggle to score goals this season when the penalties dry up (as they have done recently).

But I agree, Gnando needs moved on unless he starts delivering.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Dundee, as shite as they are,  have at least 3 strikers better than our 2nd choice striker.  And one that, on form, is better than Boyce. That needs to be addressed. 

This. Cummings and Griffiths both have 100+ careers goals and are always likely to get a goal. The longer the game stayed 1-0 you always felt one of them would get a chance and score.

Both are complete welts and have issues but sometimes we need to get off our moral high horse and just sign someone who knows where the goal is. I would have delighted to have seen us get a second goal regardless of the moral fibre of the goal scorer. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

just what I was thinking yesterday. Championship in Scotland is about his level, we badly need another target man after the window and Calum Patterson would be ideal.

Just now, upgotheheads said:

just what I was thinking yesterday. Championship in Scotland is about his level, we badly need another target man after the window and Calum Patterson would be ideal.

Bring him back on loan 

help him get into Scotland squad too 

2 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

My own feeling on him is that he just isn’t giving enough. Need to see more from him and that includes his work rate. Just seems to float around doing the bare minimum in all honesty 

when he came in at tannadice, and also against both sides of the arse cheeks I genuinely thought I saw something in him but just not sure.

hoping he isn’t one of these players that will do it now and again. 

Another option up front will really help us come January. 

If you look at the Blackpool forum they seemed to like him but they were also frustrated by him. 

Maroon Sailor

He's like Sow in a way.

Not brave enough to be a striker. You've got to be prepared to get a hit now and again to score a goal.

A_A wehatethehibs
19 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

As one who mostly watches YT 5 min highlights maybe Nando just needs a run of games?

i did think that as well yesterday. Some equate him yesterday as “not trying”. But he was just off the pace. That’s not necessarily not trying, he would point to a lack of games.

Just last week folk were commenting on an effective display from him off the bench vs Rangers 

he was absolutely miles off it yesterday, but, still think he would be first in line for 2-3 starts if Boyce is out for a short spell.

6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He's like Sow in a way.

Not brave enough to be a striker. You've got to be prepared to get a hit now and again to score a goal.

Osman Sow has a good striker in a Hearts shirt and i'm sure the stats will reflect that. Gnando doesn't have the pace, dribbling or shooting ability that Sow had. He reminds me more of John Sutton in that i'm sure he can finish when the ball comes to him in the box but he's not got anything else going for him

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

👍

Don't mind the big fella, thought he tried far to hard to force the play and didn't think yesterday.

Should have got himself into space and let the players find him rather than hunting down the ball to get involved.

We had both wings covered for the entire 90 minutes, absolutely no need for him to chase around when we had so much dominance of the ball.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

No thanks, not as a striker anyway,  we need better than that.  Still not sure what his best position is - maybe RWB would suit him. 

He stands when the ball is coming from the wide positions never making a run to get in front of the defender on the near post. He’s more like a statue and this striking position is going to cause us a real problem because we’re putting all our eggs in one basket with Boyce.

3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

If we're still in the hunt come January will we need another striker ?

2 goal scoring strikers.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

We need another striker whatever position we’re in come January.  

4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Lol, we need another 2 strikers, never mind another 1. If we're serious about challenging that is.

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

He stands when the ball is coming from the wide positions never making a run to get in front of the defender on the near post. He’s more like a statue and this striking position is going to cause us a real problem because we’re putting all our eggs in one basket with Boyce.

He’s not great. With 11 games to go before we’re able to get a new striker, he’s going to be needed. He can do way better than yesterday and has played ok in his last couple of cameos. 

3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

As a big advocate of his I was let down to be honest. We know he can do better. But for whatever reason yesterday he was completely off it. Noticed before he came on when he warmed up they sent the trainer out with him to do it, which seemed odd. Almost as if he wasn’t up to speed from regular half time warm ups or almost needed extra motivation to get ready. Didn’t see that with Ginnelly before he came on for example. I’m not going to back down on my stance there’s a good player in there, but he has to take responsibility for his own shambolic performance (albeit he’s not responsible for us drawing and although what he did was bad, it wasn’t like we were creating much either way). In fact if Ginnelly cuts it back to him like he did against Dundee United rather than fire it through the defender’s legs through the six yard box we could be talking about something completely different. We had a lot of players not at the races yesterday, but that’s no excuse for Gnanduillet playing terribly.

I do wonder a wee bit about his attitude. When he was coming on yesterday one of the coaches was trying to run through what he wanted him to do ( powerpoint notes), and he appeared to be not paying the slightest bit of attention, (was more interested in wetting his hair!!)

I like him but do think he has a bit of an attitude problem, which we need to deal with, or get rid, as we have a good positive group of players and can do without any negativity.

I am sure he thinks he is worth a starting place, but is display yesterday when he had a decent run (1/2 hour), did him no favours IMO.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He’s not great. With 11 games to go before we’re able to get a new striker, he’s going to be needed. He can do way better than yesterday and has played ok in his last couple of cameos. 

He is finished at Hearts I never want to see such a chicken hearted player like him in a Hearts shirt. I mean he isn’t even a player who knows how to play as a centre forward. Maybe he’d be better at Volleyball because he’s not a footballer.

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

He is finished at Hearts I never want to see such a chicken hearted player like him in a Hearts shirt. I mean he isn’t even a player who knows how to play as a centre forward. Maybe he’d be better at Volleyball because he’s not a footballer.

He’s not finished yet Mitch. I’d put money on that (except I stopped gambling some time ago😀).  Not saying he’s going to make it with us but if Boyce is out on Wednesday then Gnando will be starting up front. I get how pish that is after yesterday but that’s almost certainly what will happen. 

Naismith retired, Hendo went out on loan, have I missed anyone? Washington left in August 2020.

And we replace with Gnando. This was always going to happen, I could see it a mile off. Our failure to sign another striker over the summer was always going to come back to haunt us.

So without Boycey…………Gordon, Souttar, Halkett, McKinley, Smith, Devlin, Baningime, Cochrane

McKay <~>                         <~> Ginnelly <~>                <~> Woodburn

these 3 using their pace to make runs and mixing it up drawing defenders wide and all over the place. Put the St Johnstone defence through the fastest attack they’ve ever faced. 

Get the feeling he'll be moved on at the earliest opportunity. He's had enough time to have shown more than he has. Don't think it will ever really take off for him at the club.

Cue a hat-trick in Perth during the week, if my football insight is anything to go by.

Edited by martoon

19 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

2 goal scoring strikers.

19 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We need another striker whatever position we’re in come January.  

18 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Lol, we need another 2 strikers, never mind another 1. If we're serious about challenging that is.

Is January a good time to get value and quality though. I'd suggest not.

It's obviously a problem area that wasn't solved during the summer, I'd rather we didn't panic buy.

My question was slightly loaded because if we're still in the hunt in January, why would be need another striker.

4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

It's obviously a problem area that wasn't solved during the summer, I'd rather we didn't panic buy.

My question was slightly loaded because if we're still in the hunt in January, why would be need another striker.

Don’t know if it’s true or not but there was a young striker at Everton we were supposedly close to signing in the summer who some have suggested is ready to come to us during the next window. Ellis Sims is his name. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Because Gnando, quite clearly, isn't cutting the mustard. And although January isn't the best window for replacements, I would suggest that we can get better than him, even in January. 

17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He’s not finished yet Mitch. I’d put money on that (except I stopped gambling some time ago😀).  Not saying he’s going to make it with us but if Boyce is out on Wednesday then Gnando will be starting up front. I get how pish that is after yesterday but that’s almost certainly what will happen. 

Oh I’m sure it won’t happen on Wednesday because you need vision on how to take poor teams apart.

I would love to see Ben Woodburn replacing Boyce on Wednesday and scoring a goal and launching his loan spell at Hearts, I just feel that his first goal with us will trigger many more.

13 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Oh I’m sure it won’t happen on Wednesday because you need vision on how to take poor teams apart.

If you mean he won’t play well if he replaces Boyce then I agree that’s likely. If you mean he won’t start if Boyce is out then I think you are mistaken. 

Edited by GinRummy

13 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

So without Boycey…………Gordon, Souttar, Halkett, McKinley, Smith, Devlin, Baningime, Cochrane

McKay <~>                         <~> Ginnelly <~>                <~> Woodburn

these 3 using their pace to make runs and mixing it up drawing defenders wide and all over the place. Put the St Johnstone defence through the fastest attack they’ve ever faced. 

Quite like your thoughts up front, but Saints will target Tosh especially using Middleton's pace:P

One of the problems yesterday, I felt we started to aim high balls at Gnando & he did not win any which caused a problem for their defence. He committed a series of fouls which did not help him or the team.

Disappointed in his efforts considering his fairly positive efforts at Ibrox last week.

Fozzyonthefence
21 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Normally, January isn’t the best time unless you’re prepared to pay a big transfer fee or maybe get a good deal on someone out of contract in the summer.  We did get Boyce in January though so you never know. 

Still in the hunt for what though?  Europe?  You’re not seriously suggesting we might be in the title hunt in January are you?  The European places might well come down to a team having a couple of strikers who can regularly find the net and we could be in danger of missing out because of that. 

Even if we were in the title hunt come January it would be because Rangers and Celtic have both dropped a lot of points.  They would strengthen and leave us behind. Even if they didn’t strengthen they, or at least one of them, would likely leave us behind. 

34 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

Quite like your thoughts up front, but Saints will target Tosh especially using Middleton's pace:P

One of the problems yesterday, I felt we started to aim high balls at Gnando & he did not win any which caused a problem for their defence. He committed a series of fouls which did not help him or the team.

Disappointed in his efforts considering his fairly positive efforts at Ibrox last week.

Gnanado 6ft 5 and jumps 5ft 5. Total waste of space as are Ginnelly and GMS. They all flatter to deceive.

Elijah Adebayo - The exWalsall striker, now at Luton that we wanted but got priced out of? He's on a free at the end of the season. Wonder if we could sign him?