Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• GinRummy

• pointon

• jr ewing

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

south morocco

He’s gash and need emptied and replaced with a far better option. This should be a priority in the coming window

Edited by south morocco

2 minutes ago, south morocco said:

He’s gash and need emptied and replaced with a far better option. This should be a priority in the coming window

Agree 100%. 

I wonder how the lad from Walsall is doing that we were looking at. I seem to remember he started quite well at Luton (I think). Buggered if I can remember his name though. 

For a striker that’s not been getting a look in he should have been busting a gut out there today to impress instead he looked slow, uninterested, gave away stupid fouls. Like he was playing to not get picked again.

He’s showed glimpses but not often enough. Get him punted we can do better.

7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I wonder how the lad from Walsall is doing that we were looking at. I seem to remember he started quite well at Luton (I think). Buggered if I can remember his name though. 

Adebayo? 7 goals in 13 games for Luton this season including one today.

Kalamazoo Jambo
39 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Wondered if woodburn could play as a 9 with McKay and GMS supporting if Boyce injured 

Honestly, had wondered the same. Part of me wants to give Gnando a chance as a chance to prove what he can do over 90 minutes but I do like the idea of Woodburn up front.

He might be our striker on Wednesday, I’m hoping just an off day performance today, but I’ll not be betting on him as 1st goalscorer (you know what happens next 😎)

Thought he was poor when he came on today was else can you say we deffo need another striker come January guys.

Edited by grumpyespana

5 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Boyce was no better and played for longer

I like Gnando and think he’s done well numerous times from the bench. Boyce was poor today but Gnando was absolutely awful, it was like a performance from an amateur player, he didn’t hold the centre forward position as In he wasn’t where he should be several times, despite thousands of folk screaming at him to get onside he didn’t click, didn’t challenge for balls either on the ground or in the air. He almost literally done **** all and was as good as a man short. 

Edited by GinRummy

Ignored balls in the air and let the centre half have it.  Didn’t fight to keep possession when the position of the ball was in his favour, too easily outmuscled.  

5ft 5 or 6ft 5,  if you’ve no guts it doesn’t matter what size you are. 

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I like Gnando and think he’s done well numerous times from the bench. Boyce was poor today but Gnando was absolutely awful, it was like a performance from an amateur player, he didn’t hold the centre forward position as In he wasn’t where he should be several times, despite thousands of folk screaming at him to get onside he didn’t click, didn’t challenge for balls either on the ground or in the air. He almost literally done **** all and was as good as a man short. 

I was looking at him wondering why tf he was offside constantly, I was thinking is it to try and confuse that linesman? Or their defenders? Then I realised he was actually just pish and it was me who was confused at thinking there was a reason

3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Ignored balls in the air and let the centre half have it.  Didn’t fight to keep possession when the position of the ball was in his favour, too easily outmuscled.  

5ft 5 or 6ft 5,  if you’ve no guts it doesn’t matter what size you are. 

2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I was looking at him wondering why tf he was offside constantly, I was thinking is it to try and confuse that linesman? Or their defenders? Then I realised he was actually just pish and it was me who was confused at thinking there was a reason

Unfortunately agree with both of you. Very disappointing today. 

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

We'd have been better paying the extra cash for Elijah Adebayo.

11 in 30 for Luton. Bloody good return on the face of it. 

Would appear the model of young hungry players is better than 28 year old journeymen. 

Shame we didn’t manage to get the deal done. Gnando was not what we needed. 

lost in space

He is not a centre forward or lone striker.

He may think he is.

The coaching staff may think he is.

He would be better as 1 of a 2 man forward line. Just a pity that we only ever play 1 forward at a time.

1 hour ago, south morocco said:

yup, not good enough . 

Clark Griswold
2 hours ago, Rods said:

Defending the guy a lot but today he was very poor. Big talk in the paper about grabbing his chance and clearly has not backed it up

Indeed. We’ve had to many in recent years who talk the talk in the media. Granted he brings a different dimension to Boyce but just don’t think he’s good enough. 

4 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

What are you basing your “he’s more than capable” on? The evidence is staring anyone with an ounce of footballing nouse  that he is murder!

The previous games in which he has scored or made the difference changing the game as an impact sub. Like last week, actually 7 days ago when many on here were praising his cameo.

52 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Was he brought in prior to Savage? Think he’ll be on his way at the earliest opportunity either way 

He was brought in by Savage. Who knew of what he could do from his time at Blackpool. I know why people are trying to re-write the history on this, but he was a Savage signing. And before today has shown he’s more than capable, no matter what the loudest on here want to say. Was he utterly dross today? Yes, but has he been like that before? No. Has he been amazing before? No, but he’s been decent enough and today was a bad day at the office for him (and others, mind you) and we’ll move on. Let’s see how he does next time.

SomethingAboutObua

Today was the chance and he was really, really poor. Why even attempt that outside of the foot shot that he blasted out? Maybe he'll come good, but Neilson's said about a million times players need to take their chances in the team and he's not remotely done that today 

52 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Ginnelly up front if Boyce is out. 

I’d go with that. Played well through the middle in the cup final.

best in the land

Nando is a steaming pile of shite. Not good enough by a long shot, not enough effort for someone fighting for a place. 

Like playing with a man down. 

2 strikers in January and get shot of this imposter. 

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He was brought in by Savage. Who knew of what he could do from his time at Blackpool. I know why people are trying to re-write the history on this, but he was a Savage signing. And before today has shown he’s more than capable, no matter what the loudest on here want to say. Was he utterly dross today? Yes, but has he been like that before? No. Has he been amazing before? No, but he’s been decent enough and today was a bad day at the office for him (and others, mind you) and we’ll move on. Let’s see how he does next time.

Don't know if you're trying to convince others or convince yourself but there is little about him that would scare me if I were an opposition defender.  Utter dross and I'm beginning to think Woodburn is no better as he makes little impact on the game

Nando hasn’t got what it takes to be a striker. His positioning is poor, his hold up play is poor, his heading is poor, he’s to easily dispossessed because his ball control is poor. If possible in January he needs to go and 2 out and out goal scorers brought in. Strikers who will demand the ball to be played to them where it’s needed. 

3 hours ago, Tazio said:

Banging them in the championship for Luton we got the fraud

Just terminate his contract he is not interested and quite frankly is there a Hearts supporter out there that can’t see he is an imposter 

3 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

What sort of contract did he sign, could have sworn it was only 18 months ? If so, maybe off in January? Hence lack of effort?

May/June 

Looks totally disinterested, canny jump above his ankles, oot fir an efternin wee stroll. 

Needs a boot up his erse or a boot oot the door!

35 minutes ago, Jambo314 said:

Looks totally disinterested, canny jump above his ankles, oot fir an efternin wee stroll. 

Needs a boot up his erse or a boot oot the door!

See, this is the thing, on the basis of yesterday's viewing you’re absolutely correct. But just 7 days previous against Rangers he jumps high enough to chest the ball in the air at a level that’s above Balogun’s (think he was the marker) height to then get a decent shot off. He also leaped like a salmon for his debut goal against Raith. He has shown what he can do, but yesterday was woeful and can’t be defended.

9 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

I honestly don't know what to make of this guy.

He looked lost yesterday, would love him to start putting in the goals, in saying that,

why do we always take an extra yard or another pass round the box when we should be having 

a shot on goal.

3 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

He was popular at Blackpool so must have do e something right. Perhaps their style of play was more suited to his game.

Maybe the spl a step up from league 1?

21 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

He looked lost yesterday, would love him to start putting in the goals, in saying that,

why do we always take an extra yard or another pass round the box when we should be having 

a shot on goal.

That last bit lost us 2 points yesterday. Beni passing when he should be shooting and the move breaking down. Boyce gliding across the 18 yard line when he should have hit the ball first time, Smith’s poor decision making inside the opposition box. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Maybe the spl a step up from league 1?

Quite possibly. I never watch it so don't know.

I have seen enough of Gnado though to know he's not good enough for us.

1 minute ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Quite possibly. I never watch it so don't know.

I have seen enough of Gnado though to know he's not good enough for us.

I don’t watch it either.  Until yesterday I thought Gnando had done ok this season but that performance was diabolically bad. 

i wish jj was my dad

I've been happy with him generally as an impact sub but today it looked like he had never played before and couldn't be arsed. Not what I would expect from a guy trying to claim a starting berth.