Gnanduillet

rudi must stay

1 hour ago, leith_dude said:

I thought he was good tonight. Great header from the corner in the first half. Linked the play well, put himself about. Could possibly have done better with the header second half but it wasn't exactly put on a plate for him. 

I've already seen someone on another thread saying he was lazy tonight which shows what he's up against with some supporters. 

If he gets better service he will score goals.

I agree I think he is a decent player he has hardly had a chance 

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• GinRummy

• pointon

• jr ewing

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

loveofthegame

Thought his general all round play was decent tonight, but he has to take one of the four chances he had (three of those four are huge chances).

1 minute ago, loveofthegame said:

Thought his general all round play was decent tonight, but he has to take one of the four chances he had (three of those four are huge chances).

Defo. He should have buried one of those. 

2 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Completely my thoughts. He’s a bit of a head scratcher.  

jury still out. Need to see more. To be fair to him he probably needs more game time but he is unlikely to get it ahead of Boyce. 

Come on, you can usually tell if a player has it or not and he's played enough to come to a conclusion, we need another striker else we're going to be toiling for goals scored. 

Sorry but he is bloody useless. I was behind goal in 2nd half and he should have buried that header he had but it came off his shoulder. Same with his shots, they were badly placed. For his height he just can't jump. Third rate.

Nelly Terraces
Just now, Archie White said:

Sorry but he is bloody useless. I was behind goal in 2nd half and he should have buried that header he had but it came off his shoulder. Same with his shots, they were badly placed. For his height he just can't jump. Third rate.

100% this. He offers absolutley nothing & anyone who thinks he's decent is delusional. He was offered various different types of chances tonight, blew every single one. 

Like starting a game with 10 men.

36 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He had a good chance with a header that he hit right at the GK in the second half. 

Our crossing has been consistently poor for over a year and absolutely nothing has been done about it. 

That one was offside, whether he knew that or not I don’t know. Certainly should have done better with it though. But then he did very well with the header in the first half that wasn’t a clear chance but he made something out of it.

26 minutes ago, Jamborose said:

Couldn’t get a Sunday Post under him when the ball comes in.  He should be bossing it 

Well see, that’s just bollocks. Won plenty of headers tonight and as mentioned above almost scored with one of them. Won plenty of balls lumped up to him with his chest too, hardly something you can do if you don’t jump. As this thread shows he can be justifiably criticised for his bad performances like on Saturday, but let’s not just make statements that are so obviously untrue to have a go at him.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Decent performance today unlucky with the end product. Probably enough to stave off the consideration of Halkett deputising for Boyce.
Very much reminds me of Obua in the air. Should be winning every header but seems to be an inch or two off the right position to direct it goalwards. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

That one was offside, whether he knew that or not I don’t know. Certainly should have done better with it though. But then he did very well with the header in the first half that wasn’t a clear chance but he made something out of it.

Well see, that’s just bollocks. Won plenty of headers tonight and as mentioned above almost scored with one of them. Won plenty of balls lumped up to him with his chest too, hardly something you can do if you don’t jump. As this thread shows he can be justifiably criticised for his bad performances like on Saturday, but let’s not just make statements that are so obviously untrue to have a go at him.

Didn’t realise it was offside, couldn’t listen to the amateur commentary and turned it down. 

StevenNaismith

The amount of times our players out wide have to cut the ball back cos he’s offside is infuriating. Pleased he put in more effort tonight but for me that is the bare minimum required.

I thought he was unlucky tonight and a big improvement in him from Saturday. The keeper made 2 good saves from him, particularly header at end of first half. Should have buried the header in 2nd half though, even though it was given as offside. Not sure he was. 

Hackney Hearts
14 minutes ago, Archie White said:

For his height he just can't jump. 

People just making things up. 

226407089_Screenshot2021-10-27at23_56_58.png.86935260391013e8c81771a0504a193d.png

He knows fine well how to jump. There's no point jumping if the crosses are continually massively overhit (or underhit). The crossing is the issue.

Starting to remind me a little of Connor Sammon, unfortunately. We can praise his effort and the good things he does well all day long but if he's not putting the ball in the net, he's not doing a striker's #1 job.

I'd like to see him get one more start. If he can get his goal it could open his confidence. If he remains a goalless wonder, it's very much time to look elsewhere.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

226407089_Screenshot2021-10-27at23_56_58.png.86935260391013e8c81771a0504a193d.png

He knows fine well how to jump. There's no point jumping if the crosses are continually massively overhit (or underhit). The crossing is the issue.

Definitely, that was the first cross he received in a Hearts jersey and has barely has another ball of that quality since. 

Hackney Hearts
9 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

If he remains a goalless wonder, it's very much time to look elsewhere.

He scored against Dundee Utd, TBF. What about McKay and Woodburn - actual goalless wonders (with far more game time) - do we ditch them as well? People have been moaning about Ginnelly too, but tonight showed what an asset he can be.

BTW, Gnando's scored 6 times as many league goals as Conor Sammon in the same number of appearances, FWIW (albeit most in a lower league).

7 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

He scored against Dundee Utd, TBF. What about McKay and Woodburn - actual goalless wonders (with far more game time) - do we ditch them as well? People have been moaning about Ginnelly too, but tonight showed what an asset he can be.

BTW, Gnando's scored 6 times as many league goals as Conor Sammon in the same number of appearances, FWIW (albeit most in a lower league).

You're right that "goalless wonder" is a bit unfair but it must be said he is on a run of appearances without converting chances. 

To me McKay is not on to score, as odd as that may sound for a winger. He is outstanding at creating chances and if he does nothing but break down defenses down the touchline and put in crosses, I'm happy to put him in the team every game.

I've been saying Woodburn needed a rest and I'm glad he didn't start tonight. Just watching him shows the quality of his touches but unlike McKay, far too often he makes a beautful touch into space that comes to nothing.

Very glad to see Gino find his verve again. Exactly why we shouldn't write players off early.

queensferryjambo

He done ok tonight.

In reality the quality of our crossing and lack of creating of good chances is our biggest problem not one player given a handful of half chances.

Time will tell on Gnando but he wasn't our main problem tonight.

Starting to lose patience with this guy. Hard to see him ever being a success here given the amount of chances he gets and fails to score.

He's great at nearly scoring or being unlucky not to score. 😂

Finishing must improve and quickly or he'll be leaving in the summer I'd imagine.

3 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Haven’t seen much of that since his debut. It’s not just the crossing either. He’s happy to challenge for the ball on the ground but not so keen on aerial challenges. Surely you’ve noticed that. 

It’s really frustrating watching him make very decent runs, then our midfield delay that ball. Need to take that risk. He thrives off service he isn’t boyce and gonna come deep and link. He needs to run on to it or crosses. Thought he was decent up against 3 huge centre backs on his own.

8 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

This. The header in the middle when he puts it straight into the keepers arms is a poor, poor effort.

7 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Gino has shown before his loss in form he can finish.  Looked like his confidence is back up after a spell out and looks like he’s warming up again. 

I thought Mackay(excuse the phrase) was posing about last night. He needs to find himself much closer to the

box earlier in passages of play.  He just seems to be dropping off into the

middle of the park to no effect, feigns a run then turns back.  

Looked a lot better than Saturday. On the end of a good few chances but he needs to put some power on his attempts, his shots and headers were weak. Have noticed this before he is always trying to pass it in instead of putting his foot through it. Suppose at his stage he will not change but he could easily have had a double and in turn victory. Maybe needs a run in the team though.

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

He did fine. He was in correct places. Just missing that sharpness in front of goal.

Correct. Strikers need minutes to get up to scratch, he hasn't been getting many.

I thought two of his chances were more to do with great goalkeeping than poor finishing.

8 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I cannot agree. He was easily the tallest player on the pitch and is either easily out-muscled or times his jumps poorly. One carefully found photo means nothing.

Nelly Terraces
5 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Starting to lose patience with this guy. Hard to see him ever being a success here given the amount of chances he gets and fails to score.

He's great at nearly scoring or being unlucky not to score. 😂

Finishing must improve and quickly or he'll be leaving in the summer I'd imagine.

Absolutely Cosa. For 'unlucky' read 'just not good enough.' Headers off his shoulder, weak shooting, wrong shape of body when we go forward, straying offside, it's all in there with this fella.

He offers little in attack & your right, it's difficult to see him doing anything with us & we don't have time to wait to see if he will. The folk saying he 'needs time' are the same sorts would once told us El Hass would eventually come good.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Link up play and positioning were very good. Apart from a wonder save would have had a goal at the end of the first half.

Finishing was generally a little rusty, which is not surprising given his lack of game time.

A pretty decent shift.

16 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Link up play and positioning were very good. Apart from a wonder save would have had a goal at the end of the first half.

Finishing was generally a little rusty, which is not surprising given his lack of game time.

A pretty decent shift.

Certainly a big improvement on his cameo on Saturday. Hopefully gets a goal against the sheep. 

24 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Absolutely Cosa. For 'unlucky' read 'just not good enough.' Headers off his shoulder, weak shooting, wrong shape of body when we go forward, straying offside, it's all in there with this fella.

He offers little in attack & your right, it's difficult to see him doing anything with us & we don't have time to wait to see if he will. The folk saying he 'needs time' are the same sorts would once told us El Hass would eventually come good.

Yeah. He's an absolute king of nearly scoring. 😆

We really need Savage and co to pull a Beni / Devlin class striker from somewhere.

Worthing Jambo

In the last couple of games he has taken up some really good positions for an early ball.

We need to mix it up a bit as too predictable. 70+% possession is great but not when the majority of it is in midfield.

Playing some good stuff but the opposition are dealing with it easily as they know what to expect.

Ainsley Harriott

The guy offered more tonight than Boyce has in his last few games. Panned for his lack of goals when hes barely had a game

7 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

The guy offered more tonight than Boyce has in his last few games. Panned for his lack of goals when hes barely had a game

Yip. Looks like he as an opportunity now that he needs to grasp. 

Needs to do better with the chances he had. Should have scored with an easy headset, done well with the harder chance he had. Needs to hit the target more when shooting. Maybe a run of games will bring all that together. 

Ainsley Harriott
35 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yip. Looks like he as an opportunity now that he needs to grasp. 

Got a feeling hes going to be the match winner this weekend 

Jambo in Bathgate
10 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Exactly,  for a striker to score the cross into the box has to be much better. We overhit or hit the first defender too many times. 

Jambo in Bathgate
29 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Got a feeling hes going to be the match winner this weekend 

His determination to win the ball in midfield with three StJohnstone around him and set up Beni for his pass to Gino shows he is a winner. 

Probably a good example of players who are neither "Completely rubbish" or "Best thing since sliced bread"  He will have games where he is closer to one extreme than the other and some when he is in the middle. Looking at every player in a completely binary fashion is a recipe for a lifetime of stress as someone who has been written off has a blinder or your favourite has a nightmare and you end up inventing bizzare reasons to justify your original position.

Last night was a big improvement on Saturday and I was quite impressed with him but he was there to put the ball in the back of the net and didn't, but everyone needs to sharpen up on that one.

Hackney Hearts
6 minutes ago, moonraker said:

Probably a good example of players who are neither "Completely rubbish" or "Best thing since sliced bread"  He will have games where he is closer to one extreme than the other and some when he is in the middle. Looking at every player in a completely binary fashion is a recipe for a lifetime of stress as someone who has been written off has a blinder or your favourite has a nightmare and you end up inventing bizzare reasons to justify your original position.

Excellent post. Should be compulsory reading before anyone's allowed to use JKB!

Berra than you
2 hours ago, Archie White said:

I cannot agree. He was easily the tallest player on the pitch and is either easily out-muscled or times his jumps poorly. One carefully found photo means nothing.

He genuinely won about 80% of his areal duels last night. Held the ball up well and started plenty attacks. His header second half he should have buried, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway as he was ruled offside. 

Thought he was on of our better players last night and have no issue with him starting at pittodrie.

11 hours ago, Archie White said:

Totally agree. His sole job is to score. But he can’t. Definitely not what we need.

lost in space
20 minutes ago, moonraker said:

A very good post.   Not sure your idea will catch on though!

1 hour ago, moonraker said:

Great post. What I find on here (and the internet in general) though is some feel they have to be conclusive, even if not required to be so. And when that happens, you have a scenario like we have here where a player gets disrespectful and over the top comments, so some come in and perhaps overcompensate in praise to counteract that. But the truth lies somewhere in the middle. For instance earlier in this thread after Saturday one poster said “where are all the people saying he’s great now” (or something to that effect) like it’s a competition. But funnily enough said poster is nowhere to be seen now after a good performance. It’s almost as if someone will be happy if one of our players is crap because it means in their head they’ve won some ‘I was right’ competition no one actually cares about.

21 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Great post. What I find on here (and the internet in general) though is some feel they have to be conclusive, even if not required to be so. And when that happens, you have a scenario like we have here where a player gets disrespectful and over the top comments, so some come in and perhaps overcompensate in praise to counteract that. But the truth lies somewhere in the middle. For instance earlier in this thread after Saturday one poster said “where are all the people saying he’s great now” (or something to that effect) like it’s a competition. But funnily enough said poster is nowhere to be seen now after a good performance. It’s almost as if someone will be happy if one of our players is crap because it means in their head they’ve won some ‘I was right’ competition no one actually cares about.

6 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

What is the point of a striker that doesn't score goals.

Needs replaced as soon as feasible.

lol. BOTN - talk about perfect timing of an example for you :)

No longer active
3 hours ago, Dia Liom said:

Thought he was key in getting us back into the game.  Hold up play was really good.  Unlucky not to score, two good saves.

Perhaps; but we don't want to be just in the game - we need game changers or winners otherwise we will be mid table at best.

Mind you how much is a decent CF going to cost in fees and/or wages? Maybe we will have to make do !

14 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

lol. BOTN - talk about perfect timing of an example for you :)

:D

It’s remarkable isn’t it? Looking at his chances last night I’m thinking Boyce might’ve scored the one where Clark rushed out, he may have chipped it or something. But other than that I’m not sure Boyce would’ve scored the other chances (2nd half header was offside, and before anyone says Boyce would’ve stayed onside we have midfielders who delay a final pass constantly - funnily enough releasing it early like Baningime did for Ginnelly or Devlin did for Gnanduillet created our best chances).