Gnanduillet

rudi must stay

8 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I think if you watch the video of Gnando goals for Blackpool they are just about all headers from crosses.

We don’t cross the ball and he isn’t scoring.

Even on the penalty if you have a striker low on confidence give him the penalty instead of giving it to your centre half.

The last sympathy penalty was given to Halkett last season and he missed. No thanks, nominated takers only please

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• GinRummy

• pointon

• jr ewing

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Didn’t watch the match, eh?

Take a look at how Gino gets the ball in so much space, forcing the keeper into a mistake.

Yep. He passed the ball 10 yards to Ginnelly who rounded the keeper and got fouled. Souttar then scores a penalty. So even if you get credited with an assist for winning a penalty (which you don’t) then it would go to Ginnelly. 

He aimlessly wandered about all game. Nothing stuck to him. He never brought players into play, he never offered an out ball and was easily beaten in the air. Half the time he never even bothered his arse to challenge. He’s lucky he never played 20 years ago because he would be pinned up against the changing room wall for that ‘performance’.  

Leveins Battalion

Gnanduillet is an utter myth of a footballer,believes his own hype from Blackpools fans forum,an absolute cathorse with the heart of a tiny wimpy pappy shitebag of a minuscule toaty wee horrendously inferior shanner of a gimp striker.

Said in thread earlier, he reminds me of Dauda.

No heart, slow, too easily brushed off ball.

I know that he was second choice to Adebyo (have I spelled it right), the lad from Walsall. when you look at what he’s doing with Luton and what Gnando does for us, it looks like night and day. 

Maybe he was all we could get last winter window, I don’t know but he’s certainly done nothing to suggest he’s a 1 in 3 striker like he was at Blackpool. We’ll be lucky if he gets 3 goals all season.

Bazzas right boot

He'll already be planning his next move. 

We need another striker in January but it's hard to get a good one. 

whanganui jambo

If he's in the squad to "do a job" as a target man, then there has to be a serious expectation on the other attacking players to step up and start scoring goals.  (His finishing isn't really good enough to do it by himself.) Easy to pick on Gnando, but is he really any better or worse than the many other bang average "big" strikers we've had to witness in the last few years (Vanacek, Uche, Sammon to name a few)?

Maroon Sailor

In the week Sandy Clark turned 65 we need someone like him who puts himself about and not frightened to get his head on the end of things even when boots are flying and elbows are swinging.

Messi would struggle to score from the service provided. It's that bad. I wouldn't mind if it was a case of 'there were at least 4 balls he should have been attacking, getting on the end of' . I don't read any of that. If Hearts can't create chances from simply allowing their striker to get in the box without having to be involved in the lead up, expect more of the same.

After watching the highlights of last weeks game against Scumdee he was absolute shite. Had so many chances and fluffed everyone of them. I’ve also noticed that a few players would rather shoot than pass to him. That says it all. Now that the sheep beat us and his performance again. He shouldn’t ever be allowed to play for us again. Boys an absolute joke of a player.

Sorry him and trip over your laces GMS can GTF. Waste of our money. They need to spend time cleaning boots. 

But why o why didn’t we get a striker before the last window closed? We all knew we needed one. That game was absolute dug 💩. We rode our luck so far. 

y0RB9.gif

He’s not that good but it doesn’t help we rarely have a player within 20 yards of our strikers. Boyce is brilliant at holding it up and bringing others into play. 

7 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Kept on ahead of Henderson because he's marginally better, and Henderson is a league one player.

If i was Henderson,I would be really worried,he was keeping me away.

TerribleTrio2017

Can't physically hold the all up and can't bring players into him best is we play the ball to feet and hope he can find a pass like today

vlad on the tyne

As poor a centre forwards performance I've seen in a long time. Caught offside a number of times, caught on his heels, not imposing himself. Doesn't look a threat whatsoever. 

SpruceBringsteen
4 hours ago, ford donald said:

Fact. 

A_A wehatethehibs
7 hours ago, ford donald said:

Henderson was sent away because he’s not good enough for Hearts and needs to focus on getting his own career going, Hearts are acted in his interests. We have done him a favour, the lad needs to get out there to league 1 and play, progress not be a Hearts reservist for the 4th year in a row. These average / not good enough kids learn nothing in the reserves. Really we should’ve released him at about age 18 it was already obvious to me 3-4 years ago he wasn’t going to be a Hearts striker. He doesn’t shoot. Ever. So that in itself was enough for me to write him off as a CF. And that was at least 3 years ago. I don’t think I have ever seen Euan Henderson have a pop at goal, put the laces through it, back himself, that’s 50 odd appearances he’s got. 

The biggest signing of the tenures of both Savage and Neilson is coming up, they both knew another CF was needed and the failure to get one is the reason we are 3rd with 6 draws and it’s looking a missed opportunity to be top right now. It’s a real bummer we didn’t get that guy from Southampton, big pressure on us to find someone in January now.

I’ve given gnanduillet the benefit of a few games to get game time and sharpen up, he was ok against St Johnstone but bad against both Dundee and Aberdeen so, that’s him had a good few mins. He will likely start against DUFC and he must deliver his best performance. Not sure I see it happening tbh as at times he doesn’t seem to care. A shame as this was the opportunity he was waiting for, a few games without Boyce, he’s fluffed it. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

A_A wehatethehibs
11 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

To me the thing that’s annoying is, he’s known he was 2nd choice to Boyce so had to bide his time for an opportunity. Now he’s had one fallen right into his lap. And he’s looked completely unprepared for it.

Would’ve hoped he’d be throwing the kitchen sink to show what he can do.  Instead he’s looked like he’s had the feet up on the bench, picking up his wage, and as you say maybe already one eye out looking for a next journeyman move. 

portobellojambo1
12 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

It is a position where when you look at other teams there just isn't a centre forward who sticks out as the sort of player you'd like to see playing up front alongside Liam Boyce. If we are all honest, what we are really hoping for is a clone of John Robertson, someone you could give the ball to in or around the penalty area and be safe in the knowledge that 99% of the time said ball would hit the back of the net. I think once again we are depending on Joe Savage to come up with the goods, taking into account that much of our play involves keeping the ball on the ground. We don't have a player at all who is good in the air, and I include Gnanduillet in that. Despite the height he is he wins very little in the air and when he does win the ball in the air it is pretty aimless in terms of the direction he places on it. The people who are targeted with the blame for his limitations in the air end up being the full backs, for a lack of delivery in the air. The last player we had who we could depend on to win the ball in the air was Kevin Kyle. He could score comfortably with his head as well and also had the ability to bring other players into the game by attracting defenders to him and creating space.

I've read comments that Gnanduillet isn't working correctly because we don't give him the ball in the air. But how many times has he successfully won the ball when it is in the air. I'm sure there are occasions I can't recall but the only time I do recall him being successful in the air was his opening game against Raith Rovers at Starks Park. He himself said he needs the ball in the air, which kind of emphasises he knows he is as poor with the ball on the ground as he looks. I keep going back to the game against Brora, as he made his statement shortly before that game. But in that game it turned out to be one of the few occasions there were countless balls played into the box high, and he failed to convert any of them.

Not nice to say but there was a reason he was playing in the lower leagues of England, that is his level and he is not the answer to what we need up front. But as you said in your post there just aren't many goalscorers floating about at the moment who you think would be the answer in terms of what we need.

Edited by portobellojambo1

15 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It is a position where when you look at other teams there just isn't a centre forward who sticks out as the sort of player you'd like to see playing up front alongside Liam Boyce. If we are all honest, what we are really hoping for is a clone of John Robertson, someone you could give the ball to in or around the penalty area and be safe in the knowledge that 99% of the time said ball would hit the back of the net. I think once again we are depending on Joe Savage to come up with the goods, taking into account that much of our play involves keeping the ball on the ground. We don't have a player at all who is good in the air, and I include Gnanduillet in that. Despite the height he is he wins very little in the air and when he does win the ball in the air it is pretty aimless in terms of the direction he places on it. The people who are targeted with the blame for his limitations in the air end up being the full backs, for a lack of delivery in the air. The last player we had who we could depend on to win the ball in the air was Kevin Kyle. He could score comfortably with his head as well and also had the ability to bring other players into the game by attracting defenders to him and creating space.

I've read comments that Gnanduillet isn't working correctly because we don't give him the ball in the air. But how many times has he successfully won the ball when it is in the air. I'm sure there are occasions I can't recall but the only time I do recall him being successful in the air was his opening game against Raith Rovers at Starks Park. He himself said he needs the ball in the air, which kind of emphasises he knows he is as poor with the ball on the ground as he looks. I keep going back to the game against Brora, as he made his statement shortly before that game. But in that game it turned out to be one of the few occasions there were countless balls played into the box high, and he failed to convert any of them.

Not nice to say but there was a reason he was playing in the lower leagues of England, that is his level and he is not the answer to what we need up front. But as you said in your post there just aren't many goalscorers floating about at the moment who you think would be the answer in terms of what we need.

Boyce was playing in the lower leagues as well before we signed him. We are unlikely to sign any striker currently getting much game time from the Championship. As you say, we need to hope Savage and his team unearth a gem from somewhere in the next window. 

The Treasurer

Noticed Henderson scored a couple yesterday. Clearly not the solution to the problem but definitely a better option than Gnando

portobellojambo1
26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Boyce was playing in the lower leagues as well before we signed him. We are unlikely to sign any striker currently getting much game time from the Championship. As you say, we need to hope Savage and his team unearth a gem from somewhere in the next window. 

In his defence though dave Liam Boyce was being brought back to a league in which he had proven he could score goals (while with Ross County).

4 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

In his defence though dave Liam Boyce was being brought back to a league in which he had proven he could score goals (while with Ross County).

That’s true. 

HeartsandonlyHearts

Are there any kids coming through our ranks who in a year or two will be ready? 
Or are we just going to be looking to sign someone every 2/3 years?

Wouldn’t make us any different to most teams I guess. It appears not many teams have home grown strikers. Buying one seems to be the easy out. Problem is the better they are the more they cost. 

15 hours ago, King prawn said:

He’s not that good but it doesn’t help we rarely have a player within 20 yards of our strikers. Boyce is brilliant at holding it up and bringing others into play. 

It's extraordinary what fans expect a player to feed off. Crumbs. In the end he fed Ginnelly for the pen, not taking any touches, just played it in fast. And also played an ideal quick pass for Ginnelly to fire an effort wildly over. That's a large percentage of our threat having had 5 attempts on goal. Where's the rest of the team? Can't they function in twos and threes on their own?

Edited by Riccarton3

2 minutes ago, Rods said:

This boy thrives on balls into the box. Hearts don’t put the ball in the box to busy with sidewards passes and short free kicks. 

Boyce is lauded as the player for the system Hearts play yet his goal total outside pens is beginning to be questioned. So, that turns attention to the service or does it? No, it turns to Boyce not being as effective.  If Gnando AND Boyce end up not scoring or having chances, it must be the support that's poor. No?

16 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

It's extraordinary what fans expect a player to feed off. Crumbs. In the end he fed Ginnelly for the pen, not taking any touches, just played it in fast. And also played an ideal quick pass for Ginnelly to fire an effort wildly over. That's a large percentage of our threat having had 5 attempts on goal. Where's the rest of the team? Can't they function in twos and threes on their own?

Poor management. 

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Noticed Henderson scored a couple yesterday. Clearly not the solution to the problem but definitely a better option than Gnando

Maybe he'll be brought back in January, even if we sign another striker. He certainly had his moments last season though just not enough of them.

8 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Boyce is lauded as the player for the system Hearts play yet his goal total outside pens is beginning to be questioned. So, that turns attention to the service or does it? No, it turns to Boyce not being as effective.  If Gnando AND Boyce end up not scoring or having chances, it must be the support that's poor. No?

The people who are saying Penalties don’t count are the same ones who are not factoring in who got the penalty and moving stats to suit their own agendas. They also don’t factor in they still have to be scored. Boyce will be off the penalties now I would think. Plan B when an important player is injured seems to be Neilson kryptonite and this is sadly a familiar tale for Hearts fans as this was the same as Craig Levein

17 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Like all our so called strikers unfortunately. Utter horseshit.

I have seen enough of that guy to see he's no a footballer... how the hell has Robbie not!

6 minutes ago, Rods said:

The people who are saying Penalties don’t count are the same ones who are not factoring in who got the penalty and moving stats to suit their own agendas. They also don’t factor in they still have to be scored. Boyce will be off the penalties now I would think. Plan B when an important player is injured seems to be Neilson kryptonite and this is sadly a familiar tale for Hearts fans as this was the same as Craig Levein

Agreed. So, although Gnanduillet is not the answer, there's more to it than just his ability. We could recruit another striker or two and see the same issues. It's been a serial problem at the club.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Agreed, well put. 

In short it's not easy to just go and get a striker that is either - 

Better than Boyce 

Or

Good as Boyce but happy to be back up. 

It's like you need to get lucky, the Partick boy is likely worth a punt but could go either way, a revelation or another Reilly or Wighton. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I have seen enough of that guy to see he's no a footballer... how the hell has Robbie not!

Bob obviously isn't as good a football manager as you. 

🙄

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, Rods said:

This boy thrives on balls into the box. Hearts don’t put the ball in the box to busy with sidewards passes and short free kicks. 

The guy is shite in the air. 

Ffs, he was up against Scott brown a lot of the game, if anything he should be winning the ariel duel. 

He never even done that.

The lads 6ft 5" bit jumps 5 ft 

He was signed from the 3r teir in England (iirc) while we were in the Scottish 2nd teir. 

He looks that level of player. 

Unfortunately we lost out in the summer and as I posted above it is hard to find a good striker. 

He'll be gone in the summer, if not before and unfortunately he knows this. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bob obviously isn't as good a football manager as you. 

🙄

If "Bob" was sitting back last night after the game quaffing a nice glass of wine smiling to himself thinking "aye yon Quano lad is a find right enough" he needs his head seeing to... because that is what the lad is total quano.

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Hendo is probably not going to make it at Hearts but he at least has pace which is something we lack. 4 goals in his last two games, 5 in 7 this season for Alloa. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

If "Bob" was sitting back last night after the game quaffing a nice glass of wine smiling to himself thinking "aye yon Quano lad is a find right enough" he needs his head seeing to... because that is what the lad is total quano.

😂😂👍

Hopefully Bob did enjoy a glass of fine wine it two he deserves it. 

41 minutes ago, Rods said:

Gnando has had loads of great chances to score and he has had lots of good crosses to attack but he's too slow to anticipate the cross and barely ever gets across his man. There's no excuse for him. 

4 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It is a position where when you look at other teams there just isn't a centre forward who sticks out as the sort of player you'd like to see playing up front alongside Liam Boyce. 

What makes you think we want to play 2 up top?

We need a centre forward who can score from anywhere, work 4 defenders on his own, hold the ball up, come deep, go out wide and hang the cross in the air long enough to get in the box and try and beat 4 defenders and goalie to it.

No defence of Gnandulliet, as I don't really rate him, but it is hard shift being a centre forward at Hearts

23 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Because Robbie is also horseshit.

He left at his peak first time round and he has hit his peak second time round.

I can't think of one other team in the SPL with such poor striking options. And no one please insult the board by factoring in penalties or goals v part time diddies to our strikers tally. Boyce is as useless as the others.

57 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Because Robbie is also horseshit.

He left at his peak first time round and he has hit his peak second time round.

Deja vu. We deserve better 😔 

1 hour ago, Rods said:

There was no lack of balls in the box for him in the Dundee game, but he didn't seem to be interested in challenging for them. I got the impression that approach wasn't his preference after all.

He can lay off a quick short pass and can strike with accuracy, but his lack of pace and aggression keeps him at a distance and stops him being a goal threat.

56 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I can't think of one other team in the SPL with such poor striking options. And no one please insult the board by factoring in penalties or goals v part time diddies to our strikers tally. Boyce is as useless as the others.

When Boyce leaves the pitch we always look weaker and immediately out of options. He makes things happen up front and is a real disrupter for other teams. Those are qualities that none of our other 'strikers' seem to show even if you choose to dismiss his proven ability to get goals at this level.

Maroon Sailor
6 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

4 in his last 2 matches for Alloa. Came on as a 2nd half sub against Queen's Park last week

2 hours ago, Gambo said:

What makes you think we want to play 2 up top?

We need a centre forward who can score from anywhere, work 4 defenders on his own, hold the ball up, come deep, go out wide and hang the cross in the air long enough to get in the box and try and beat 4 defenders and goalie to it.

No defence of Gnandulliet, as I don't really rate him, but it is hard shift being a centre forward at Hearts

What we need is attacking players across the front three who are a goal threat, all four of Aberdeen’s attacking players Ramirez, Watkins, Ojo and Hedges looked dangerous. Never at anytime yesterday did our attacking players really threaten other than the pen.

Edited by bobskeldon

I dont think he looks interested half the time. No fight when he is challenging for the ball on the ground or in the air. Throw ins up to him against Aberdeen and he didnt even try and jump, although he did have 2 players on him at times. Dominated by Brown which is sad really.