How clever does Savage look now?

HEARTS FOREVER

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Really only clarifies, as ever,  the loyalty of the support to the club rather than any vindication of Neilson. Years of mismanagement sees us in this position seeking to ' consolidate in the top league' with a coach the profile of which is more akin to a club that should have impoverished resources imo

Robbie has one of the best league records outside the of. 

100% 3rd place finish In Scotland, that was with a newly promoted side as well 👍. Not many managers of non of sides can say that, if any. 

Even Lennon. Only managed 4th with hibs 

Mcinnes, done well over a long period of time but then stagnated with finishes below Killie, Motherwell and Hibs. 

Robbies league record with us

1st

3rd

Left us around 2nd/3rd

1st

Say what you will about cup performances, but when it comes to consolidation in the league then Bob's yer man

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Bazzas right boot

• HEARTS FOREVER

• GinRummy

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

100% 3rd place finish In Scotland, that was with a newly promoted side as well 👍. Not many managers of non of sides can say that, if any. 

Mcinnes, done well over a long period of time but then stagnated with finishes below Killie, Motherwell and Hibs. 

1st

3rd

Left us around 2nd/3rd

1st

Say what you will about cup performances, but when it comes to consolidation in the league then Bob's yer man

Those moaning for someone to replace him only really have one target that has a better record - Derek McInnes.  Anyone else is a punt, which has bitten us in the ass before.  Somehow I suspect they wouldn't be desperate for DM.

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

I would seriously doubt you know Jim Jeffries as well as I do. 
Just to clarify, you are saying he cannot be trusted with confidential information when he is in the employ of Hearts - is that what you are accusing him of?

Not necessarily  but what I am saying is that there were no secrets at Hearts during his three spells with us. New regime want it to be the opposite. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Those moaning for someone to replace him only really have one target that has a better record - Derek McInnes.  Anyone else is a punt, which has bitten us in the ass before.  Somehow I suspect they wouldn't be desperate for DM.

Correct 

Having seen a glimpse of him on Sunday, I don't think he'd come to us. 

Too far a commute from his home planet which by the looks of him is about 4km from the sun. 

alwaysthereinspirit
2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

That's what's being offered as new contracts from this coming season. 🤗

I don’t catch everything. So I probably missed the story “Hearts new salary cap and it’s negative connotations on future new signings”

It all makes sense now.

33 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not necessarily  but what I am saying is that there were no secrets at Hearts during his three spells with us. New regime want it to be the opposite. 

So you are telling me that Jim Jeffries blabbed to all in sundry confidential information when he was in the employ of Hearts!
And not only that the new regime wanted him booted out of Tynecastle because of that!

I’ve known Jim for over 30 years and that is absolute shite!

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

If you're unemployed you'd certainly consider it. 

I hope that rocket wasn't responding to me? Club shills go straight on the ignore list. 

Guest ToqueJambo
52 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Ironic thing about wanting DM is he's even more full of excuses that Neilson after poor defeats, and his football is mostly turgid - certainly not the expansive, attacking football we all want. He likes a big striker up top as much as Levein ever did, and wanted to sign players dismissed by many of our fans, like Sammon and Cowie. Beat us to Nail McGinn unfortunately though. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I hope that rocket wasn't responding to me? Club shills go straight on the ignore list. 

Club shill 😄 I'll put you down as a bampot then.

Robbo-Jambo
57 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Correct 

Too far a commute from his home planet which by the looks of him is about 4km from the sun. 

😄

22 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

So you are telling me that Jim Jeffries blabbed to all in sundry confidential information when he was in the employ of Hearts!
And not only that the new regime wanted him booted out of Tynecastle because of that!

No, that’s not what I said but never mind, just make it up. I said the club was like a sieve during his periods  in charge.  Anyone on here during those times will find it hard to disagree with that. 
Oh, and by the way, I have known him for more than  30 years too! 

May one-six
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Correct 

It must be really hot up in Aberdeen - was Jimmy Calderwood not similarly afflicted?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, May one-six said:

It must be really hot up in Aberdeen - was Jimmy Calderwood not similarly afflicted?

Aye, the Aberdeen management post must come with a bonus that if you win a game you get a free 18 hour session on a sunbed that is powered by every offshore turbine in the North sea.

Greedy Jambo
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

1st

3rd

Left us around 2nd/3rd

1st

Mind you used to bang on about Olly Lee's assists as well? 

Stats don't mean all that much in Football, buddy. 

51 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No, that’s not what I said but never mind, just make it up. I said the club was like a sieve during his periods  in charge.  Anyone on here during those times will find it hard to disagree with that. 
Oh, and by the way, I have known him for more than  30 years too! 

Not as a pal obviously…… 

So are you accusing JJ as acting as the “sieve” of confidential information out of Tynecastle?

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Club shill 😄 I'll put you down as a bampot then.

Aye, you’re a club shill and a bampot

Jeffros Furios
5 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Aye, you’re a club shill and a bampot

:yas:

2 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I don’t catch everything. So I probably missed the story “Hearts new salary cap and it’s negative connotations on future new signings”

It all makes sense now.

👍

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ironic thing about wanting DM is he's even more full of excuses that Neilson after poor defeats, and his football is mostly turgid - certainly not the expansive, attacking football we all want. He likes a big striker up top as much as Levein ever did, and wanted to sign players dismissed by many of our fans, like Sammon and Cowie. Beat us to Nail McGinn unfortunately though. 

Alex Neil then?

12 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Alex Neil then?

Stendel appointment didn't have Levein's fingerprints on it. A complete left field choice. Robbie Neilson does, so unless the team gets relegated, he'll see out his full term. Possibly extended if a new 5 year plan comes in.

But this is way off Savage discussion. Please stay on topic.

Edited by Riccarton3

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Not as a pal obviously…… 

So are you accusing JJ as acting as the “sieve” of confidential information out of Tynecastle?

Again, not what I said. 

13 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Alex Neil then?

Both Neil and McInnes have been bowled over by the job offers received this summer haven’t they? 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Mind you used to bang on about Olly Lee's assists as well? 

Stats don't mean all that much in Football, buddy. 

Means more than a random punters opinion.

Mars plastic
13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Both Neil and McInnes have been bowled over by the job offers received this summer haven’t they? 

You thought Levein was miles better than Steve Clarke. That’s not worked out too well for you. 

6 hours ago, iainmac said:

Exactly. I want RN gone but I still renewed my ST. 

I'm the same mate. In all honesty I don't think he's the man but I'm still of the mindset prove me wrong.

The dark shadow of poor recruitment and mis management of young players is the mess we are still sorting out.

Recruitment wise are paying good money to guys like Damour etc...and more of his like down the years under Levein. I think in terms of savage it will be a few years before we see what his true impact has been

On 26/07/2021 at 17:24, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I’ve never physically seen us win anything.

98 I was already coming home for the World Cup.

2006 my parents were here visiting.

2012 we were already booked for my nephews July wedding back home.

Next one hopefully 👍🏻

I've been spoiled rotten in comparison to that.  I've been present for 2 League Champion seasons, 4 Scottish Cup wins, and 3 League Cup wins.

I'm aware that I'm very fortunate. :toasting:

42 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Still available as far as I know. 

7 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I've been spoiled rotten in comparison to that.  I've been present for 2 League Champion seasons, 4 Scottish Cup wins, and 3 League Cup wins.

Lucky, lucky man ML. 😍

45 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Again, not what I said. 

Then WTF are you saying?

31 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

You thought Levein was miles better than Steve Clarke. That’s not worked out too well for you. 

Or us!!

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, ginger jambo98 said:

This thread has gone the way of the transfer one 🤦‍♂️

Not surprising as ToqueJambo, Tosh and a few other Robbie apologists take over with their inane trolling.

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Not surprising as ToqueJambo, Tosh and a few other Robbie apologists take over with their inane trolling.

BOOM!

4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

All related to Bob don't you know. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Report folk for trolling or pipe down and don't lie and accuse folk of trolling. 

That is Ironically trolling, but I'll let that one slip. 

I'm a gentleman. 

12 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Lucky, lucky man ML. 😍

Put it down to old age, Iain. 

alwaysthereinspirit
43 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

🕺🏻👍🏻🕺🏻

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

Snap.  And many, many near misses. And Willie Hamilton. It's great to be an older Jambo.

12 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Snap.  And many, many near misses. And Willie Hamilton. It's great to be an older Jambo.

Agreed on the near misses.  The only one that really bugged me was 1986. 

Imagine the lunatics messaging on this thread if savage had signed 4 or 5 players by now that wouldn't improve us.

That's what's happened for the last 5 years 

millerjames398
6 hours ago, May one-six said:

Think the dons job comes with a yearly membership to the local tan mahal, sunbed shop😂

12 hours ago, Thomaso said:

More than just shite, but complete fabrication for those that know JJ.

9 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Then WTF are you saying?

Pm me if you want to continue this. Not taking the thread off topic. 

In answer to the OP, he’ll no look too clever if Beni Baningime ends up at Dundee Utd or even ends up here. The no leaks policy will have failed badly with the first player he’s gone after since bragging about it in his interview. 

7 hours ago, jambocub said:

Imagine the lunatics messaging on this thread if savage had signed 4 or 5 players by now that wouldn't improve us.

That's what's happened for the last 5 years 

Exactly, and it will be the same bunch of idiots.  If Robbie starts the league well you won't hear a peep until the first defeat, when they will be throwing the toys out the pram big style.

Jeffros Furios
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Pm me if you want to continue this. Not taking the thread off topic. 

You were quite happy to throw a few digs at JJ but now you want to keep it private. 

In your quest to broadcast your  ITK credentials  this one has backfired .

You should get a job at some 3rd rate newspaper .