How clever does Savage look now?

HEARTS FOREVER

Fort Vallance
52 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It is 3 out of the top 4 in the first 3 games! 

My point exactly. 

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Bazzas right boot

• HEARTS FOREVER

• GinRummy

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Fort Vallance said:

My point exactly. 

Piece of piss 👍

58 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

100%

I'm a bit concerned by the timing, but most wanted our recruitment methods and direction to change, we have done that. 

Why not give it time before judging?

It adds weight to the view that some just moan for the sake of it. 

The don't actually want change, they just want to moan. 

Transfers, season tickets, ballots, the new stand, anything - some folk just want to moan. 

Why not give it time? Answer - way too many pant-wetters and moaning old gits on here. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Why not give it time? Answer - way too many pant-wetters and moaning old gits on here. 

There's a link there. 😜

Fort Vallance
17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Piece of piss 👍

Love your optimism.  Hope you're right.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

I would love to know if behind the scenes there is quiet and calm or panic.

StressRelief.jpg

18 hours ago, InternationalJambo said:

This place is mental

:spoton:

There really are some absolute ****ing roasters, aren't there?

Leveins Battalion

Joe Savage has been in the door 5 minutes,has literally just put together his recruitment team ffs.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'd rather that than have 10 shite players on 3/4  year deals just so a few folk on here feel better about themselves. 

There is no reason why we need to be rooted after 4 games either. 

This squad is good enough to take points of teams and win games. 

Your final comment worries me Tosh!

You have been wrong for the last 5 years with your footballing prophecies!

🙈

12 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Joe Savage has been in the door 5 minutes,has literally just put together his recruitment team ffs.

Joe joined Hearts in December 2020…..

Neverforgetfiveone
20 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Ask again when the window closes. Might want to change your pants to 

100%

big clubs will be waiting for players to return from Euros/Copa America. Get them

in, have a look at their squads and transfer options. Rest will get farmed out on loan and natural wastage… that’s the marketplace we will be operating in so let’s reserve judgement until that period passes. September 👍🏼

Guest ToqueJambo
22 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Since then - Gnando, GMS, Cochrane, McEneff. Two good signings (IMO) and two who are solid so far but the jury's still out, as it should be after a relatively few games. As Savage is also responsible for things like helping to bring youth through and develop that pathway to the first team, it sounds like Pollock and Logan, and maybe C Smith, could be involved this year which is encouraging given the lack of youth involvement last season in particular. It would be very easy for us to pick up some free agents, loans and quick squad fillers as we did at the start of last season, but hopefully we're being a bit more strategic. We'll find out by the end of the window.

Italian Lambretta
31 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

FFS he hasn't even found a Chef de Partie yet.

Guest ToqueJambo
19 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

We weren't seeded because we didn't score 2 at home to inverness. 

Ken. Meanwhile Dundee and St Mirren won 3-0 without even playing. Everybody Oot.

While it's totally fine to be annoyed Mark Ridgers played a stormer and we didn't score more than 1 goal from our 12 on target but what Hearts fans should be genuinely angry about is once again our game being run so badly. There is simply no justification to seed Dundee and St Mirren after playing fewer games when we won all ours.

1 hour ago, pointon said:

Looking as daft as he looks

:mw_confused:

Is that similar to "sounding as daft as he sounds"?

gorgieheart
22 hours ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Anyone think our signing policy has worked so far? 

Couple of players could have been the difference tonight. 

Tiresome...

The Old Tolbooth
17 hours ago, Cruyff said:

If Savage brings in 3 or 4 quality guys then fair play for playing the long game and getting the right folk. If he doesn't, then we have a problem. At the moment, I'd give the guy the benefit of the doubt as there's another 4 weeks. 🤞

This is exactly where I am with him at the minute too, I'm keeping the faith that he'll deliver because I loved his interview, he came across very well. 

41 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Since then - Gnando, GMS, Cochrane, McEneff. Two good signings (IMO) and two who are solid so far but the jury's still out, as it should be after a relatively few games. As Savage is also responsible for things like helping to bring youth through and develop that pathway to the first team, it sounds like Pollock and Logan, and maybe C Smith, could be involved this year which is encouraging given the lack of youth involvement last season in particular. It would be very easy for us to pick up some free agents, loans and quick squad fillers as we did at the start of last season, but hopefully we're being a bit more strategic. We'll find out by the end of the window.

I was commenting to a comment that he had “only been in for 5 minutes”.

Apart from Cochrane the players you mentioned were in the team last season - a team that has been acknowledged badly needs strengthened with new quality players for the Premier League. The point is that less than a week from our opening league game against Celtic we have failed to do so.

As for the young players it is vital we bring them through however we can hardly rely on them to strengthen the team at this stage in the premier league.

49 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ken. Meanwhile Dundee and St Mirren won 3-0 without even playing. Everybody Oot.

While it's totally fine to be annoyed Mark Ridgers played a stormer and we didn't score more than 1 goal from our 12 on target but what Hearts fans should be genuinely angry about is once again our game being run so badly. There is simply no justification to seed Dundee and St Mirren after playing fewer games when we won all ours.

Everyone knew what the rules were. All we had to do was beat Inverness and score 2 goals. I don't think we have anyone to blame but ourselves for not being seeded. 

Anyway Robbie is happy with the draw, let's see what happens. 

Can we all not just wait until the transfer window has closed before judging JS, I'm as frustrated as anyone else up till now, but I have faith that hearts will get the quality in that they need before the transfer window SLAMS shut! 👍

Hi Joe it’s Ann here, are we close to signing anyone….

Joe: what’s the secret password

Ann: I don’t know….

phone goes dead! Joes inner circle survives!

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

That's how he does things. No question, thats why Jim Jefferies resigned he thought it was unprofessional 

56 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I was commenting to a comment that he had “only been in for 5 minutes”.

Apart from Cochrane the players you mentioned were in the team last season - a team that has been acknowledged badly needs strengthened with new quality players for the Premier League. The point is that less than a week from our opening league game against Celtic we have failed to do so.

As for the young players it is vital we bring them through however we can hardly rely on them to strengthen the team at this stage in the premier league.

He was in long enough to sign Kasteneer on loan

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

He was in long enough to sign Kasteneer on loan

🙈

So a one nil win is proof the RN shouldn't be manager and Savage if a wage thief.

Mods any chance you can clean this place up, it's ****ing awful.

Forgot to mention budge and her family have robbed the club and aren't going to transfer the shares.

What's going to happen when we get beat by Celtic?

Edited by jambopilms

JamboAndrew
6 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I think this is absolutely the case. In his interview, he came over as quite bullish, stating that the club would not be held to ransom and players looking for more would be told to 'jog on'. While I think this is a good way to keep our 'house in order'... I'm not sure being bullish 100% of the time is wise... especially when dealing with the fragile egos of todays professional footballer.

Of course, in practice, he may use a bit more tact than what he alluded to... but it would be interesting to know just how close we have been to signings, only to tell them to 'jog on' at the final hurdle.

Personally, I think it's a good move (on the face of it) to have someone like him on board - and i would give him another couple of windows - especially now that he has his personnel in place, before judging.

Agree there. But I'd add, to my limited knowledge, most conversations are with people like him and the agents. Most players leave, or are kept out by the agents, of the initial approaches and negotiations. And we know some agents ate shiesters out to make the most money for themselves through hawking their players and getting them to move regularly. So the fragile egos are pretty safe.

I like what he says. But as with all things football, it's a results based business. If we get no one in,but youngsters get blooded a lot and we end up mid table, but not stuffed with journeymen but a team with lots of promising youth coming through, I'm not sure I'd be raging. Of course I want a few Gordon standard signings and to win the league. But then I want that every year.

58 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Or Joe how much can I spend?

Ann nowt. 

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

So a one nil win is proof the RN shouldn't be manager and Savage if a wage thief.

Mods any chance you can clean this place up, it's ****ing awful.

Forgot to mention budge and her family have robbed the club and aren't going to transfer the shares.

What's going to happen when we get beat by Celtic?

Although I want us to win every game, when we do get beat this place will be fascinating. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Although I want us to win every game, when we do get beat this place will be fascinating. 

That's just mad, this latest classic is a top three of all time for you.

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

That's how he does things. No question, thats why Jim Jefferies resigned he thought it was unprofessional 

Or he was in the huff because Savage wouldn’t tell him anything because of his loose lips 

Good god...

Won every game. Not conceded for donkeys.

1-0 v ICT isn't the end of the world. At least we beat them which wasn't a given in the last few years.

5 minutes ago, Phage said:

Good god...

Won every game. Not conceded for donkeys.

1-0 v ICT isn't the end of the world. At least we beat them which wasn't a given in the last few years.

We haven't lost in 13 games to Inverness. Winning 6 out of the last 8.

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Or Hi Joe, Robbie here, can we get player X?

Joe: Nope, he’s gash. (Puts phone down and facetimes Chester City to enquire about potential loans)

I joke cos I’ve zero idea what the hold up is but, surely they ALL know we need players?

Prince Buaben
3 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

FFS he hasn't even found a Chef de Partie yet.

This shouldn't have made me laugh as much as it did.

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Jefferies didn't resign, his contract was complete and not renewed.

There is a difference.

alwaysthereinspirit

Anyone remember our first 5 away games at the beginning of season 85/86?

I’m going to give this Joe bloke a wee bit more time to screw it up before I turn into a drama queen/Hobo type thank you very much.

Prince Buaben
2 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Anyone remember our first 5 away games at the beginning of season 85/86?

I’m going to give this Joe bloke a wee bit more time to screw it up before I turn into a drama queen/Hobo type thank you very much.

If we had won one of the them or got a ****ing point we would have been champions :peepwall:

alwaysthereinspirit
3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Welcome to Scotland. You won’t like the weather but the people are mostly nice.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, Prince Buaben said:

If we had won one of the them or got a ****ing point we would have been champions :peepwall:

Don’t. 

Prince Buaben
3 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Don’t. 

I was being sarcastic.  (Too Young for 86)

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Or he was in the huff because Savage wouldn’t tell him anything because of his loose lips 

Any evidence to back up that crass comment?

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

That's just mad, this latest classic is a top three of all time for you.

Crazy doesn’t cover it? 🤣